PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Kevin "MVP" Durant..

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Another great game for Durant, this season's MVP, tbh..

In all honesty, as much as I've disliked him in the past, Durant is a better version of Larry Bird..just frightening for the league..

Clipper Nation
02-14-2014, 01:32 AM
Nah, Kang's going to snatch that MVP away from Durant, tbh.... that gamewinner was just the start of it, imho....

ElNono
02-14-2014, 01:34 AM
HH, I noticed you moving to the Durant wagon since Enrique has basically shown he's fallen off a cliff...for the record, is this what you're rolling with? OKC vs Heat finals?

easy pick, tbh...

Venti Quattro
02-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Why the sudden change of heart for Durant, HarlemHeat37? You hated his entire personality and his acne, so what changed?

spurraider21
02-14-2014, 01:36 AM
it's hard not to be on KD's wagon this year. he's been unbelievable. though naturally propping of kang's competition could be agenda based imo, not that KD requires propping. dude is amazing

kobe4life
02-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Why the sudden change of heart for Durant, HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597)? You hated his entire personality and his acne, so what changed?

He's hyping up Durant so that if the Great Satan(Lebron) defeats Durant in the finals than it enhances the Great Satan's legacy.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-14-2014, 01:38 AM
He's hyping up Durant so that if the Great Satan(Lebron) defeats Durant in the finals than it enhances the Great Satan's legacy.

Tbh..

plain as day to see

Rogue
02-14-2014, 01:42 AM
m>s dropping truth bombs on Canadian homosexual's frozen head without no mercy :tu

jdiggy0424
02-14-2014, 01:44 AM
This Lebron/Durant rivalry reminds me so much of the Magic/Bird rivalry

lefty
02-14-2014, 02:22 AM
^
Lol no

KaiRMD1
02-14-2014, 06:07 AM
That's a terrible comparison ol' sport

benefactor
02-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Why the sudden change of heart for Durant, HarlemHeat37? You hated his entire personality and his acne, so what changed?
He's evolving his shtick. It falls in line with his new boy thunderup.

Raven
02-14-2014, 07:01 AM
:lol @ anyone bandwagoning on durant as if he wasn't a stud before

scanry
02-14-2014, 07:09 AM
What's not to like about Durant except for the free throws tbh.

He's having one of those seasons where he might ending up wining the Reg season MVP and the Finals MVP ala Bird, Magic, MJ, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan & Lebron. Elite company tbh.

fevertrees
02-14-2014, 09:20 AM
33 shots and 12 FTA against a shitty Lakers team to get 43 is MVP worthy? :lol

FYM
02-14-2014, 09:26 AM
This Lebron/Durant rivalry reminds me so much of the Magic/Bird rivalry

:lmao gnsf ladies and gentlemen

sook
02-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Its pretty clear that he's having the best season but he may already be better than Lebron. Something drove KD to the brink to unleash his hidden power.

Gummi Clutch
02-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Its pretty clear that he's having the best season but he may already be better than Lebron. Something drove KD to the brink to unleash his hidden power.
I've been saying this for a while. Durant isn't the same player he was last season. The dude is just going HAM on the league and is better than Lebron at this point.

Clipper Nation
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Its pretty clear that he's having the best season but he may already be better than Lebron.
:lmao People say Durant's better than LeBron literally every year, and then the Kang stops coasting....

Killakobe81
02-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Durant is not better but he is narrowing the gap some.
Lebron was not coasting but all the DNP that Wade is accumulating is forcing him to dominate.
That and I do think Durant's hot streak has made him amp up his game a bit.

If I was Lebron i would not care if KD wins ...he should just make sure he doesnt hurt himself carrying the Heat with Wade out.
Finals are all that should matter to James at this point he has enough MVP's, traditional stats and advanced ones for the GOAT convo.

DMC
02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Thunder are a better team without Russell Westbrook. Someone here said that way back when..

DMC
02-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Durant is not better but he is narrowing the gap some.
Lebron was not coasting but all the DNP that Wade is accumulating is forcing him to dominate.
That and I do think Durant's hot streak has made him amp up his game a bit.

If I was Lebron i would not care if KD wins ...he should just make sure he doesnt hurt himself carrying the Heat with Wade out.
Finals are all that should matter to James at this point he has enough MVP's, traditional stats and advanced ones for the GOAT convo.

I agree with then "should" part but the greedy mindset of those like Michael will never let anything go by them if they can work harder and get it. They don't just think about the ring, they want to win every game. Until we see another player that's playing to win every game, every award, every accolade, we won't see another Jordan.

spurraider21
02-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Thunder are a better team without Russell Westbrook. Someone here said that way back when..
we also saw how that worked out way back when

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 11:29 AM
have they even started with the mvp chants yet?

i know yesterday he was trying out for the lakers

djohn2oo8
02-14-2014, 11:36 AM
No they are not better without Westbrook. He is needed to offset Brooks' retarded coaching abilities.

daslicer
02-14-2014, 11:40 AM
No they are not better without Westbrook. He is needed to offset Brooks' retarded coaching abilities.

Agreed without Westbrook they are basically the 95 spurs which is team filled with a bunch of solid players but not a legit all-star. I don't think they get out of the west without Westbrook because role players are inconsistent during the playoffs and that is why you usually always need another all-star player to win it all.

DMC
02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
we also saw how that worked out way back when

I said way back when that they will have to develop and they have. Their ceiling is higher than it was with Westbrook.

DMC
02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Agreed without Westbrook they are basically the 95 spurs which is team filled with a bunch of solid players but not a legit all-star. I don't think they get out of the west without Westbrook because role players are inconsistent during the playoffs and that is why you usually always need another all-star player to win it all.

So Durant isn't a legit all star? lol

With RW in the game, Durant is standing around picking his zits watching RW play hero.

daslicer
02-14-2014, 12:11 PM
So Durant isn't a legit all star? lol

With RW in the game, Durant is standing around picking his zits watching RW play hero.

I was implying that outside of Durant they have no legit all-star player when RW is not playing. I'm not sold Reggie Jackson,Lamb,Ibacka and those guys are going to step up every game in the playoffs. The playoffs are tougher and role players can easily be shut down once a team is determined to do it just look at what happened to Green last year after game 5 of the finals. They will need RW when teams figure out how to stop Jackson,Lamb,Ibacka.

Fabbs
02-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Durant is a better version of Larry Bird....
:lol 7/10

Leetonidas
02-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Durant doesn't impact the game the way LeBron does. LeBron can put up huge scoring numbers on insane efficiency too, but he's also a nightly triple double threat, has insane vision and agility, is a fucking tank compared to that starved ethiopian looking lanky ass nigga Durant, and he can guard the other team's best player on the perimeter and 1-4 fairly successfully. Durant can't even assert himself over Westbrook, who definitely has the alpha mentality on that OKC team :lol

DMC
02-14-2014, 12:38 PM
I was implying that outside of Durant they have no legit all-star player when RW is not playing. I'm not sold Reggie Jackson,Lamb,Ibacka and those guys are going to step up every game in the playoffs. The playoffs are tougher and role players can easily be shut down once a team is determined to do it just look at what happened to Green last year after game 5 of the finals. They will need RW when teams figure out how to stop Jackson,Lamb,Ibacka.

All star doesn't equate to better for the team. RW can score and he can defend, but he's a ball dominant player so he takes away from Durant, and having two ball dominant players on the floor at the same time means other people are not involved.

If RW makes that much of a difference, OKC should be a juggernaut when he's there, but they weren't. The Spurs did better against the Heat than OKC did, and OKC had Harden as well. That's 3 legit all stars.

jimbo
02-14-2014, 01:13 PM
:lol 7/10

Ain't a stretch.

:lol white people playing basketball
:lol white athleticism

Bill_Brasky
02-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Slurp slurp bitch

Bill_Brasky
02-14-2014, 01:17 PM
:cry great comeback against a shit tier team :cry

daslicer
02-14-2014, 01:23 PM
All star doesn't equate to better for the team. RW can score and he can defend, but he's a ball dominant player so he takes away from Durant, and having two ball dominant players on the floor at the same time means other people are not involved.

If RW makes that much of a difference, OKC should be a juggernaut when he's there, but they weren't. The Spurs did better against the Heat than OKC did, and OKC had Harden as well. That's 3 legit all stars.

RW is a chucker but they probably don't lose to Memphis last year if he played in that series. Reggie,Ibacka,Lamb are not guys who can takeover a game like RW can when needed. The challenge with RW is that Brooks is going to have to find way to minimize his chucking and make sure he can still play at a high level without taking anything away from Durant's effectiveness. It reminds me of the same challenge Phil Jackson had with Kobe complimenting Shaq during the 3 peat years. I don't see OKC coming out of the west without RW even though they are winning a ton of games right now. The playoffs are a different animal and role players can be game planned against but its much harder to stop all-star players. That is one of the major reasons why the spurs would win a ton of games with Drob back in the day but end up losing in the playoffs due to role players like Del Negro, AJ, and Elliott being shut down.

DMC
02-14-2014, 01:31 PM
RW is a chucker but they probably don't lose to Memphis last year if he played in that series. Reggie,Ibacka,Lamb are not guys who can takeover a game like RW can when needed. The challenge with RW is that Brooks is going to have to find way to minimize his chucking and make sure he can still play at a high level without taking anything away from Durant's effectiveness. It reminds me of the same challenge Phil Jackson had with Kobe complimenting Shaq during the 3 peat years. I don't see OKC coming out of the west without RW even though they are winning a ton of games right now. The playoffs are a different animal and role players can be game planned against but its much harder to stop all-star players. That is one of the major reasons why the spurs would win a ton of games with Drob back in the day but end up losing in the playoffs due to role players like Del Negro, AJ, and ****** being shut down.

Team changed without time to regroup. That's why they lost. This OKC team now would not lose to Memphis. Same team, more time without RW.

daslicer
02-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Team changed without time to regroup. That's why they lost. This OKC team now would not lose to Memphis. Same team, more time without RW.

So do you think RW's return will screw up the chemistry or they will become even more of a juggernaut with RW? I'm still not sold on their role players and believe RW will be a huge reason on whether or not they win it all.

DMC
02-14-2014, 01:39 PM
So do you think RW's return will screw up the chemistry or they will become even more of a juggernaut with RW? I'm still not sold on their role players and believe RW will be a huge reason on whether or not they win it all.

I think it will fuck with chemistry for a while but RW has shown that he will not just ease into it. I think he defers more to KD than he did in the past, but he still wants to get his and that's going to be detrimental, not to KD, but to the other players who've been required to step up.

I don't know how many times it's been stated on here and elsewhere that all 5 players need to be involved on offense if they are expected to stay involved on defense. I think the defense slips after RW returns.

Kool Bob Love
04-29-2014, 11:50 PM
:lmao

Calispursfan11
04-29-2014, 11:51 PM

Malik Hairston
04-30-2014, 12:22 AM
Durant is clearly exhausted, tbh, he had to carry a huge load during the regular season..

I saw it happen with Lebron in 2010 and 2011, sometimes you just ask too much from your main guy..

Salty
04-30-2014, 12:29 AM
When was the last time someone won MVP without advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs tbh?

ElNono
04-30-2014, 12:31 AM
When was the last time someone won MVP without advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs tbh?

Dirk?

spurraider21
04-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Durant is clearly exhausted, tbh, he had to carry a huge load during the regular season..

I saw it happen with Lebron in 2010 and 2011, sometimes you just ask too much from your main guy..
eh, the only load durant was carrying was the one you were spewing on his face in an effort to further prop up lebron

baseline bum
04-30-2014, 12:36 AM

http://lubbockonline.com/images/050707/76470_256.jpg

sook
04-30-2014, 12:37 AM
http://lubbockonline.com/images/050707/76470_256.jpg
picks the shittiest pic ever :lmao

Calispursfan11
04-30-2014, 12:38 AM
eh, the only load durant was carrying was the one you were spewing on his face in an effort to further prop up lebron

:lmao Ahahahahaha. Maybe Harlem's spunk is the root cause of Durbeta's acne issues.

hater
04-30-2014, 12:39 AM
m>s dropping truth bombs on Canadian homosexual's frozen head without no mercy :tu

:lol

Kool Bob Love
04-30-2014, 12:40 AM
picks the shittiest pic ever :lmao

Calispursfan11
04-30-2014, 12:42 AM

Calispursfan11
04-30-2014, 12:42 AM

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 12:43 AM
:lol Can they retroactively give the MVP to LeBron or Blake instead? Both are more deserving than this pussy-ass product of regular season officiating....

HI-FI
04-30-2014, 12:58 AM
:lol damn

Venti Quattro
05-04-2014, 04:05 PM
...to be named regular season MVP

http://nba.si.com/2014/05/03/kevin-durant-mvp-oklahoma-city-thunder-lebron-james/

IrisHockey
05-04-2014, 04:06 PM
The fact that LeBron is in the headline in every KD MVP article proves why he's still the King, tbh..

Sybok
05-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Which post are you laughing at? Is it because the 7th seed lost to the 2nd seed and it took seven games and a suspension of one of their top two players?

Venti Quattro
05-06-2014, 10:24 AM
OFFICIAL.

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 10:26 AM
MVP*

*refs

ffadicted
05-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Deserved tbh

Leetonidas
05-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Fake ass MVP getting spanked by the fucking Clippers in his own building :lol

daslicer
05-06-2014, 11:29 AM
His MVP award is up there with David Robinson,K.Malone, and Barkley.

Malik Hairston
05-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Absolutely legendary performance, tbh..39 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists in a must-win game..

Just a better version of Larry Bird..hopefully he takes 2 weeks off now, though..

rogues
05-16-2014, 12:33 AM
I fucking hate myself for calling my idol out, tbh..my thread was forwarded to his email..he's responded..he looks on a mission:wow..I'm just sitting here in awe..

IrisHockey
05-16-2014, 12:34 AM
I fucking hate myself for calling my idol out, tbh..my thread was forwarded to his email..he's responded..he looks on a mission:wow..I'm just sitting here in awe..

He doesn't take any offense to criticism.. He just goes out there and finishes.. without lube. :lol

oh crap
05-16-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm just sitting here in awe..

same here. hope there's more of that left in the tank.

lefty
05-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Just a better version of Larry Bird.