PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in beno Udrih?

spursfan1000
02-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Some rumors are mostly false but I could see some truth to this one maybe Nando De colo and a foriegn player idk, dont know much about the salaries

The New York Knicks are receiving interest in Beno Udrih in trade talks from the San Antonio Spurs and Washington Wizards.
Udrih hasn't been played by Mike Woodson for nine straight games and has requested a trade, which the Knicks will try to accommodate.

freetiago
02-14-2014, 11:33 AM
typical include the Spurs in the rumor to increase value nonsense
The guys been run out of town once before hes never coming back and the Spurs have a multitude of point guards on the roster (Parker/Mills/Joseph/De Colo)
these agents arent even trying anymore tbh...

wildcardX
02-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Have not seen the guy play in a while. Just going by stats it doesn't seem like his game has decreased, only his minutes. Same age as Parker and can play point which will take the pressure off Manu at point. Doesn't look like the Spurs will need to give up a lot to get him and they could still put some pieces together for another deal if needed. Only thing is when everyone is healthy, where does he get minutes? Will Mills or Belinelli lose their minutes on the second squad to make room for him?

TDomination
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
The San Antonio Spurs (http://airalamo.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) usually aren’t a team that makes a lot of moves at the trade deadline, as good teams rarely need to make moves to be better, they simply are open to the idea. San Antonio is apparently very open to the idea of a trade this year and have eyes set on a point guard out East.
According to Marc Berman of the NY Post (http://nypost.com/2014/02/13/udrih-could-land-back-in-san-antonio/), the Spurs may be interested in acquiring former guard Beno Udrih from the New York Knicks (http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost).
Now that Mike Woodson has banished Udrih and he has asked for a trade, the Spurs might be a candidate for the Slovenian point guard who has two rings from his time in San Antonio.
Former Knicks general manager Scott Layden, now in the front office of San Antonio, was at Wednesday’s game scouting the Knicks.

http://fansided.com/2014/02/14/nba-trade-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-eyeing-beno-udrih-trade/#!vLQcb

monkeypunk
02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't even give up Ayers for Beno.

That lazy fuck burned his Spurs bridge as far as I'm concerned.

Baam
02-14-2014, 12:09 PM
The San Antonio Spurs (http://airalamo.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) usually aren’t a team that makes a lot of moves at the trade deadline, as good teams rarely need to make moves to be better, they simply are open to the idea. San Antonio is apparently very open to the idea of a trade this year and have eyes set on a point guard out East.
According to Marc Berman of the NY Post (http://nypost.com/2014/02/13/udrih-could-land-back-in-san-antonio/), the Spurs may be interested in acquiring former guard Beno Udrih from the New York Knicks (http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost).
Now that Mike Woodson has banished Udrih and he has asked for a trade, the Spurs might be a candidate for the Slovenian point guard who has two rings from his time in San Antonio.
Former Knicks general manager Scott Layden, now in the front office of San Antonio, was at Wednesday’s game scouting the Knicks.

http://fansided.com/2014/02/14/nba-trade-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-eyeing-beno-udrih-trade/#!vLQcb

How did they know he was scouting the Knicks specifically lol?

palangi
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
talk about an excitement killer if this is our move.

Bruno
02-14-2014, 12:38 PM
First, the trade Knicks will be looking for is something like Udrih for nothing (it can't technically be nothing so it will be a top55 protected second round pick or the right to a bad "euro"). It's a move that will save them $3M.

Second:
Spurs with Beno: 2 titles in 3 years.
Spurs after Beno: 0 titles in 6 years.

Third, Beno is one of Pop's regret as a coach. He put his failure as a Spurs partially on him. He gave him the Parker harsh treatment while he should have "cuddled" him more.

Fourth, it's hard to see Beno fitting with Spurs current roster. If Spurs do a trade that include Joseph and/or De Colo, then Udrih would bring some welcomed depth.

Leetonidas
02-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Wouldn't mind him as the backup PG. He is a decent backup and has experience in the system. He is easily better than trash players like De Colo or Joseph

Texas_Ranger
02-14-2014, 12:44 PM
He's a great backup when he's not bitching about playing time. But just cause of his defense I am sceptic about this thing.

lefty
02-14-2014, 12:45 PM
TP is good enough as a backup PG

loveforthegame
02-14-2014, 12:49 PM
talk about an excitement killer if this is our move.

Kamnik
02-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Someone completely made this up.
NO WAY Spurs would take him - he is a primadona who rather bitches about playing time than work hard and actually play some defense.

What would the Spurs get with him? Is he an upgrade over backups?
Answers: not much and no

gnsf0946
02-14-2014, 01:11 PM
F*CK YEAH!!!!

Beno is the missing piece.

Beno = :lobt2:

Kamnik
02-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Besides.... if you can't get minutes on that crappy NY Knicks team can you really get minutes at a serious championship contender?

cd98
02-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Last time I checked, Beno couldn't advance the ball across half court against Detroit's guards. With Patty Mills shooting lights out, and the ball handling duties for the second unit falling on Manu, not sure this really does much. Heck, even if Joseph has not been that good, he still plays good defense. Can't say that about Beno.

timtonymanu
02-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Smoke screen imo.

JR3
02-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm sure he is a better player today but I can't get the image out of my mind of him getting ripped in the playoffs.

TheGoldStandard
02-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Beno/Ayres = championship duo

Spursfanfromafar
02-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Beno Udrih is a PG, right? And we have three PG (2 PGs and a semi-PG in the fantastic Patty Mills this season).

I don't see Udrih coming to the Spurs, unless they are packaging Cory Joseph & someone else to get that elusive backup SF/PF.

baseline bum
02-14-2014, 01:38 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9549/benosuckszd6.jpg

KawhiLeonard
02-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Cojo for beno plz

Skull-1
02-14-2014, 02:16 PM
IBTBL. In before the Bruno lock.

smaka
02-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Anyone who wants Beno on the Spurs probably didn't read/see anything about him in the last couple of months, say a year. Total garbage on and off the court.

DPG21920
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Bruno trolling :lol

Bruno
02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Bruno trolling :lol

How?

Libri
02-14-2014, 03:01 PM
This thread will have at least 10 pages. :corn:

Spur|n|Austin
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
:elephant

Two10Whitey
02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Kawhi for Beno.

DPG21920
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
How?

The part about Spurs with Beno: Titles, Spurs without Beno: No Titles. While technically true, I am sure you don't really mean to imply things went down hill because of Beno being gone.

cd021
02-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Wouldn't mind him as the backup PG. He is a decent backup and has experience in the system. He is easily better than trash players like De Colo or Joseph

He last played for the Spurs 6 seasons ago, he doesn't have any experience with the system. Brown & Jeffers probably knows more about it than he does.

Raven
02-14-2014, 05:15 PM
i think i'm his last fan standing, especially slovenian fan. You are very much allowed to shit on me for this, i can't make up any legitimate reason of why he would be good, but i would still like the move if it's or nothing.

ace3g
02-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Maybe the Udrih rumor will be like

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192746

which lead to (the next day)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192872

timtonymanu
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah this is why I think this is all smoke screen.

The Spurs aren't looking at Beno. They are pursuing someone else. I don't think we would hear a speculated trade this soon.

Obstructed_View
02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm all for this. I'd love to see timvp with a reason to post again.

ohmwrecker
02-14-2014, 05:42 PM
We already have NDC, who is a younger version of Beno. Beno is not going to help this team.

jkid12456
02-14-2014, 07:03 PM
why do spurs like to trade for pussy faggot euros

ceperez
02-14-2014, 08:25 PM
The part about Spurs with Beno: Titles, Spurs without Beno: No Titles. While technically true, I am sure you don't really mean to imply things went down hill because of Beno being gone.

I think things went downhill ever since the Spurs acquired Matt Bonner. Do you realize that in his entire stint with the Spurs, the Spurs never got a title.

Bartleby
02-14-2014, 08:33 PM
why do spurs like to trade for pussy faggot euros

How many Euros have the Spurs traded for? They've drafted lots of them, but they've probably sent out more than they have traded in.

TheGoldStandard
02-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Pop will run a 4 guard unit with Tim

td4mvp2k
02-14-2014, 10:08 PM
:tu if they can get a jr n beno for deculo n bonner tbh

superjames1992
02-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Some rumors are mostly false but I could see some truth to this one maybe Nando De colo and a foriegn player idk, dont know much about the salaries

The New York Knicks are receiving interest in Beno Udrih in trade talks from the San Antonio Spurs and Washington Wizards.
Udrih hasn't been played by Mike Woodson for nine straight games and has requested a trade, which the Knicks will try to accommodate.
:tu Beno. :tu

T Park
02-14-2014, 11:50 PM
I think things went downhill ever since the Spurs acquired Matt Bonner. Do you realize that in his entire stint with the Spurs, the Spurs never got a title.

They won in 06-07 his first year here. Next.

TheGoldStandard
02-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Problem is that Bonner averaged 2.8 minutes per playoff game during that last championship run.. then 4 minutes in 2007-2008 and then pop thought he was the messiah and played him 23 minutes in 2008-2009 and it's hovered around there for a few years and back down to about 13 as the spurs got more competent bigs.

spursparker9
02-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Since Lindsy Hunter had retired, Beno should be able to dribble the ball cross half court.

superjames1992
02-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Liar, liar, pants on fire. Bonner is the only other Spur besides the Big Three who has a title with the Spurs, tbh!

slick'81
02-15-2014, 01:10 AM
That's right fathers lock ur daughters up beno udrih is back in town

exstatic
02-15-2014, 07:34 AM
Problem is that Bonner averaged 2.8 minutes per playoff game during that last championship run.. then 4 minutes in 2007-2008 and then pop thought he was the messiah and played him 23 minutes in 2008-2009 and it's hovered around there for a few years and back down to about 13 as the spurs got more competent bigs.

That opinion piece does not negate the false statement made by ceperez.

dunkman
02-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Now that that Patty plays well? Pretty sure it's a rummor started by his agent.

exstatic
02-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Now that that Patty plays well? Pretty sure it's a rummor [sic] started by his agent.

rascal
02-15-2014, 10:28 AM
I can see a trade with key components of DeColo for Udrih. Seems to be a Spurs move but won't make much of any type of difference.

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Holy crap we need him!!! Cause we have 4 PGs and 4 is not enough!!! I bet he can play the backup 3 really well too so let's flip Belinelli for this guy cause Beli has terrible defense

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Ilyasova wants out. Guy can hit threes, rebounds well, is long, and can play small ball four. Of course we'd still keep Kawhi because his midrange jumper is efficient and is reliable.

exstatic
02-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Ilyasova wants out. Guy can hit threes, rebounds well, is long, and can play small ball four. Of course we'd still keep Kawhi because his midrange jumper is efficient and is reliable.

I'm tired of these guys who have one good season for a bad team, hold their feet to the fire for as much money as they can get, and then want out. He's fucking terrible this season, and for a LOT more money than some of the players that people complain about here. 'Sova is making $7.9M and his PER is 11.3. Bonner is making $3.9M and his PER is 10.7. Ayres is making $1.7M and his PER is 10.4.

He didn't get his minutes cut. He didn't get injured or lose his spot. 'Sova got paid and he got lazy and content.

No thanks.

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm tired of these guys who have one good season for a bad team, hold their feet to the fire for as much money as they can get, and then want out. He's fucking terrible this season, and for a LOT more money than some of the players that people complain about here. 'Sova is making $7.9M and his PER is 11.3. Bonner is making $3.9M and his PER is 10.7. Ayres is making $1.7M and his PER is 10.4.

He didn't get his minutes cut. He didn't get injured or lose his spot. 'Sova got paid and he got lazy and content.

No thanks.
Almost all players hold their feet to the fire on the last year of their contracts. Talking about his skill set here, which might well fit the Spurs' system. And okay sure argue based on PER because clearly it's the fairest way to argue, not taking into account injuries and such. Might as well keep playing Bonner/Ayres at SF then. You win, Bonner and Ayres are better than Ilyasova.

td4mvp2k
02-15-2014, 11:53 AM
:lol @ llyasova

superjames1992
02-15-2014, 12:14 PM

SilverSpur
02-15-2014, 04:26 PM

If trading for Beno gets rid of Bonner I'm for it. The thing is that the contracts have to match so with Beno making $884,000 and Bonner making 3.9 mil the Knicks would have to include Keyon Martin and Metta World Peace.
We could then package Martin, CoJo and DeColo to Chicago for 6'9" Dunleavy
We would end up with a guard who knows the system and two forwards to help Kawahi.

exstatic
02-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Almost all players hold their feet to the fire on the last year of their contracts. Talking about his skill set here, which might well fit the Spurs' system. And okay sure argue based on PER because clearly it's the fairest way to argue, not taking into account injuries and such. Might as well keep playing Bonner/Ayres at SF then. You win, Bonner and Ayres are better than Ilyasova.

You didn't read the whole post. He's not injured and he's not playing less minutes. He got paid, and doesn't give a shit now.

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 06:10 PM
You didn't read the whole post. He's not injured and he's not playing less minutes. He got paid, and doesn't give a shit now.
Here have at it: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/19/bucks-shut-down-ersan-ilyasova-due-to-ankle-injury/

if you're lazy to read the whole post ctrl+f for "rash of injuries"

lmbebo
02-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Here have at it: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/19/bucks-shut-down-ersan-ilyasova-due-to-ankle-injury/

if you're lazy to read the whole post ctrl+f for "rash of injuries"

also this

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/15/ersan-ilyasova-reportedly-wants-out-of-milwaukee/

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 07:10 PM
also this

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/15/ersan-ilyasova-reportedly-wants-out-of-milwaukee/
So what if he wants out? Jax wanted out of Milwaukee/GS before the Spurs flipped RJ for him. ST was more than thrilled to have him back. Players wanting out of losing teams isn't entirely indicative of bad character. Some players just can't carry a team on their backs. Can't expect every player to be like Duncan who can carry a franchise and stay loyal.

exstatic
02-15-2014, 07:38 PM
So what if he wants out? Jax wanted out of Milwaukee/GS before the Spurs flipped RJ for him. ST was more than thrilled to have him back. Players wanting out of losing teams isn't entirely indicative of bad character. Some players just can't carry a team on their backs. Can't expect every player to be like Duncan who can carry a franchise and stay loyal.

I have a REAL problem with someone that takes five year's worth of money in July 2012 and wants out by February 2014. That speaks of serious lack of character. He knew what team he was signing with. They haven't won shit in like 35 years. They're not a winning organization. He took the money anyway.

Rash of injuries? There's a minor mention of him as injury prone, not even referencing this season. He took the money and relaxed.

timmy2003
02-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Doesn't make sense. Why do we need another point guard?

r0drig0lac
02-15-2014, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE = timmy2003; 7135300] O que não faz sentido. Por que precisamos de um outro armador? [/ QUOTE]

:pop: point guards are never too

FireMicoHalili
02-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I have a REAL problem with someone that takes five year's worth of money in July 2012 and wants out by February 2014. That speaks of serious lack of character. He knew what team he was signing with. They haven't won shit in like 35 years. They're not a winning organization. He took the money anyway.

Rash of injuries? There's a minor mention of him as injury prone, not even referencing this season. He took the money and relaxed.
Didn't they offer him the best offer? Logical for players to take the biggest amount they can. Tell me if that isn't a harsh reality in the NBA. That's your problem though. Most of us used to have a problem with it until you realize it's a trend in the NBA that players take the biggest amount they can.

Clearly you didn't read: "A lot of that is due to a rash of injuries — thumb, hamstring and most lately an ankle sprain that has lingered from the preseason and been aggravated."

exstatic
02-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Didn't they offer him the best offer? Logical for players to take the biggest amount they can. Tell me if that isn't a harsh reality in the NBA. That's your problem though. Most of us used to have a problem with it until you realize it's a trend in the NBA that players take the biggest amount they can.

You're not reading me. Getting the money is fine. Getting the money, and then wanting out 18 months later for better circumstances is NOT, at least for me. I don't care if that is a trend or not. It's weak sauce, and it's quitting on your team when things get tough. That's not someone this team needs.

FireMicoHalili
02-16-2014, 08:52 AM
You're not reading me. Getting the money is fine. Getting the money, and then wanting out 18 months later for better circumstances is NOT, at least for me. I don't care if that is a trend or not. It's weak sauce, and it's quitting on your team when things get tough. That's not someone this team needs.
Wow okay let's veer away from you failing to read he got injured recently. :depressed

If that's a personal conviction then we'll have to agree to disagree. You're looking at it from a fan's standpoint and I respect that. No one of us knows how it feels like to be in their prime wasting away in a squad with a revolving door policy. No one wants to be in a cellar-dwelling team that ships out its players after 2-3 years. You're assuming Ilyasova signed because he thinks he knows the team isn't worth jack shit ("haven't won a thing in 35years", your words not mine).

exstatic
02-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Wow okay let's veer away from you failing to read he got injured recently. :depressed

If that's a personal conviction then we'll have to agree to disagree. You're looking at it from a fan's standpoint and I respect that. No one of us knows how it feels like to be in their prime wasting away in a squad with a revolving door policy. No one wants to be in a cellar-dwelling team that ships out its players after 2-3 years. You're assuming Ilyasova signed because he thinks he knows the team isn't worth jack shit ("haven't won a thing in 35years", your words not mine).

That's the team he signed with. They haven't changed substantially in the time since he's signed. They were crap then and they're crap now. If he didn't want to be on a crap team, he should have signed somewhere else in 2012.

FireMicoHalili
02-16-2014, 09:24 AM
That's the team he signed with. They haven't changed substantially in the time since he's signed. They were crap then and they're crap now. If he didn't want to be on a crap team, he should have signed somewhere else in 2012.
MIL missed playoffs in '12, made playoffs in '13, so they might be crap in the west, but they're something in the East. Pretty sure the Bucks weren't the only ones interested, and they had the right to match anyone else's offer for him back in '12 coming off his rookie-scale contract. If anyone else had offered, the Bucks could've matched, so choosing Milwaukee wasn't entirely discretionary. I think we're done here, and I respect your value judgment, but with regard to skill, I still think he's a great fit.

exstatic
02-16-2014, 09:37 AM
MIL missed playoffs in '12, made playoffs in '13, so they might be crap in the west, but they're something in the East. Pretty sure the Bucks weren't the only ones interested, and they had the right to match anyone else's offer for him back in '12 coming off his rookie-scale contract. If anyone else had offered, the Bucks could've matched, so choosing Milwaukee wasn't entirely discretionary. I think we're done here, and I respect your value judgment, but with regard to skill, I still think he's a great fit.

He was unrestricted in 2012. He was drafted in 2007, played two more years in Europe, and played three seasons for MIL from 2009-2012, giving MIL his Bird rights, and 'Sova a shot at UFA. He could have signed anywhere. No matching would have been involved. There's this thing called the Internet. Maybe you've heard of it. Lots of information out there, and then you won't have to be "pretty sure".

FireMicoHalili
02-16-2014, 09:58 AM
He was unrestricted in 2012. He was drafted in 2007, played two more years in Europe, and played three seasons for MIL from 2009-2012, giving MIL his Bird rights, and 'Sova a shot at UFA. He could have signed anywhere. No matching would have been involved. There's this thing called the Internet. Maybe you've heard of it. Lots of information out there, and then you won't have to be "pretty sure".
Like you failing to read he incurred an injury last December? And discounting he fact they made the playoffs which technically doesn't make them a crappy team that hasn't won anything in 35 years? 2-1.

Only Brooklyn was seriously interested, and they'd have to pay substantially less. You can go on and on about him having bad character, but for a team that needs corner threes and taller alternatives at small forward, he isn't too bad of a choice.

exstatic
02-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Like you failing to read he incurred an injury last December? And discounting he fact they made the playoffs which technically doesn't make them a crappy team that hasn't won anything in 35 years? 2-1.

Only Brooklyn was seriously interested, and they'd have to pay substantially less. You can go on and on about him having bad character, but for a team that needs corner threes and taller alternatives at small forward, he isn't too bad of a choice.

He quit on Milwaukee. He's a quitter. They were not a playoff team when he re-signed (2012), and it looks like they're not now. Nothing has appreciably changed.

If you want the money, take the money, shut the fuck up, and do your job for the duration of your contract. They're paying you millions to play a game.

kobyz
02-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Enough with this beno udrih non sense... But what I think is that we should try to poll a splitter, Belli, Boris for josh smith trade, this will not hurt our defense, will improve our rebound an will give us more firepower offensively!!!

Maddog
02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Enough with this beno udrih non sense... But what I think is that we should try to poll a splitter, Belli, Boris for josh smith trade, this will not hurt our defense, will improve our rebound an will give us more firepower offensively!!!
Josh Smith?!!!?
Yeesh. there is a reason Atlanta is doing just as well without him than with him.

Slomo
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm all for this. I'd love to see timvp with a reason to post again.

:tu :lol

How many Euros have the Spurs traded for? They've drafted lots of them, but they've probably sent out more than they have traded in.

They won in 06-07 his first year here. Next.

Hmmm, Using facts and logic on Spurstalk?

That should confuse a few people :lol

Obstructed_View
02-17-2014, 10:40 PM
I guess I'm unsure how suggesting Matt Bonner's presence in 2007 is in any way related to their title run can be defined as facts or logic.