PDA

View Full Version : Sinus issues

Fabbs
02-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Nothing like the good posters at Spurs Talk to get to the bottom of health and medical situations.

Way back in 1998 i was diagnosed with swollen turbinates. Happens to a good part of the population especially those with a world class penis.
Well, a Dr. used a non surgical "cool layser" that was to shrink rather then cut the turbinates.
He also told me don't ever let an ENT tell me (as others had) i have a need for deviated septum surgery, because mine is just barely off.
I was all set to go when Blue Shield ins pulled out of the new procedure.
So i went to a Blue Shield ENT who purported to be able to do the same thing.
Bitch cuts them instead. He covered his ass legally in the sneaky preop paperwork so no don't tell me there is a million dollar payday coming.

Long/short as i had been told, when they are cut they simply swell up again years later. They did.
I have the same farked up symptoms of narrowing of the passages which in turn your sleep sucks, hard to breath thru nose etc etc.

Did a sleep study circa 2010.
Told i have mild sleep apnea, come back for 2nd night to try the CPAP mask.
I did. Slept like a baby. Sleep lab Dr. tell my ENT i need a mask. He disagrees, accuses Labbie of trying to make a kickback from masks sold. Instead recommends the Pillar Procedure.
http://www.pillarprocedure.com/what-is-it/content-page-nav-2/index.htm

I'm confused, the CPAP worked so well, yet this ENT is reputable. Also the PP is not covered, would be $1800.

So i seek out other opinions.
Current ENT thinks sleep study may well have been botched, is going to request my ins to conduct another one.

That is where its at people of Spurs Talk.
Your valuable input is appreciated.

Fabbs
02-19-2014, 11:14 AM
SpursTalk health and fitness where are you?

Wild Cobra
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Get one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-Venting-Cooling-Air-Quality-Dehumidifiers/N-5yc1vZc4l8

now some people need moisture air (humidifier) than dryer, depending on the cause, but I use a dehumidifier.

MultiTomDoll
02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
ask mono

Rogue
02-19-2014, 05:45 PM
too much jargon in your OP imho, otherwise threads like this would've reached 5 pages within a few hours of of being started.