PDA

View Full Version : I suspect CIA Pop is hard at work as we speak...

dallasmaverickslose
02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Just going with my gut here. I'm sure that us the fans are not the only people underwhelmed (overall) with the Spurs' performance as of late. Pop is probably enraged. Sure, we've been cursed by the injury gods this season, but that's no excuse for how the team has performed this season.

This is not a cliffdiver thread.

I suspect Pop (and I guess you can say RC too) have something up their sleeves... What it is, I have no idea. It could be a very different rotation, a trade, a cut, a signing of some no-name D-Leaguer or free agent that will blow our minds, a revamped starting linuep, etc. I really don't know. But things have been so eerily quiet as of late that I suspect something significant will be happening very soon.

:toast

weeks
02-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I hope you're right, but the pessimist in me feels like that's just wishful thinking

FireMicoHalili
02-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Finding out how many picks we're giving up for Udrih or Brandon Bass

cd021
02-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I hope you're right, but the pessimist in me feels like that's just wishful thinking

Thats a great avatar.

weeks
02-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Someone else have it? Didn't steal it, I literally just googled Boris Diaw and cropped it

superjames1992
02-16-2014, 03:33 AM
We'll trade for Beno, the missing piece.

dallasmaverickslose
02-16-2014, 03:42 AM
We'll trade for Beno, the missing piece.

You know, we haven't won a championship since Beno left. Just saying.

Sean Cagney
02-16-2014, 04:05 AM

Yep, none of our titles were due to him though at all so........ He was just a piece there on the bench in 07, he went pussy in 05 Finals and lost all his confidence and Horry goes off!!!!!!!!! Well we have not won a title since that guy Horry retired as well! I am guessing we need him and Bowen back as well! They actually were keys to our titles. Brent Barry as well a key to two titles! He also played when Beno went pussy in 05 at backup PG to Tony! I am guessing we need those guys who actually played back then in their form BACK THEN to win a title now :lol:hat

TXstbobcat
02-16-2014, 10:15 AM
If I was betting on it I would bet that the spurs will make a trade before the deadline.

superbigtime
02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
I just am hoping for someone who plays without fear. Starting with the guys who are already in silver and black.

Sean Cagney
02-16-2014, 01:24 PM
If I was betting on it I would bet that the spurs will make a trade before the deadline.

Maybe a minor trade but I would never bet on a trade with this team.

exstatic
02-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Maybe a minor trade but I would never bet on a trade with this team.

wildcardX
02-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I don't think they will make any major moves, maybe try to get a backup role player that can contribute few good minutes. I think they will just try to get everyone back healthy, hope Parker gets back to last years form, and try to get into the right type of rhythm for the playoffs. I think they do need a good to all star caliber player to challenge the Thunder but who would they have to give up for it? It may open up holes in other areas as well as mess up team chemistry. So I don't think the Spurs will take that chance. It would be less of a risk to improve the current roster and hope guys like Green, Splitter, and Leonard are at the top of their game come playoffs.

Bruno
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Spurs last trade was 2 years ago. Since that trade, the 29 other NBA teams have at least each made one trade. Spurs are basically the team that makes the less trades in the NBA.

swaggerjackson
02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
We really haven't seen this team at full strength. So it is hard to make a major deal when you don't really know what you have. Recently we have been going through the annual injury bug part of the season, but even before that Pop was tinkering with lineups. He moved Marco into the starting lineup, and we weren't sure if or why Danny was in a slump. Also was Bonner or Ayres going to be the fourth big? These are all questions Pop was working on before the injury plague set in.

I'm willing to be he still has a lot of faith in this squad, and he wants to see them at full force for a sustained amount of time. This way he can actually try different combinations and figure out what works. I could see minor deal being made or something that is a downright steal (Turner for a first round pick). But much like other people said, I don't expect a major move. Also there is always the waiver wire, which the Spurs historically have much more luck.

Johnny RIngo
02-16-2014, 03:19 PM
We really haven't seen this team at full strength.

Even if we're at full strength, we're not going to be as good as last year with the current version of Parker.

gnsf0946
02-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Losing the finals last year was CIA Pop, being 2013 champions just doesn't sound as good as 2014 champions tbh

spurs10
02-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Thats a great avatar. Back at ya!

Brutalis
02-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Pop is drinking wine and smoking cigars and purposely lost enough to not have to coach the West this year.

Sean Cagney
02-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Spurs last trade was 2 years ago. Since that trade, the 29 other NBA teams have at least each made one trade. Spurs are basically the team that makes the less trades in the NBA.

Which makes me think they will do absolutely nothing after all the speculation and interested in stuff! It is the Spurs way to stand pat, they have been pretty successful doing that as well so ;)

gnsf0946
02-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Pop is drinking wine and smoking cigars and purposely lost enough to not have to coach the West this year.

He's ineligible either way since he coached it last year

superjames1992
02-16-2014, 09:34 PM
:tu

ElNono
02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
:pop: "There was nothing out there for us. Once teams started to ask for Ayres, we had to hung up"

cd021
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Back at ya!

hater
02-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Pop during allstar break:

http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/fear-and-loathing-dinosaur-tail-2.jpg

dallasmaverickslose
02-21-2014, 12:48 PM
:pop: "There was nothing out there for us. Once teams started to ask for Ayres, we had to hung up"

:rollin

Sean Cagney
02-21-2014, 01:18 PM
OP this is the Spurs, nothing significant was going to happen! Patty Showed up big and they had to tweak the lineup because of injuries, nothing flashy or this or that was going to happen and thats the way it is and won't change anytime soon. On to the next part of the real regular season now and we will see how the boys do.

poop
02-21-2014, 03:59 PM
:pop: "There was nothing out there for us. Once teams started to ask for Bonner, we had to hung up"