PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Some reporter just suggested this to Silver

lefty
02-15-2014, 07:31 PM
A tournament to earn the top draft picks.
(i caught the last part of Silver 's comments on that, so feel free to correct me)

lefty
02-15-2014, 07:32 PM
And yes that reporter was not white

rayjayjohnson
02-15-2014, 07:34 PM
that sounds a faggy as bill simmons stupid tournament for the 8 seed he bangs on about.
yeah, good idea. make teams play an extra 4 games just to get more fatigued and guarantee a first round sweep (unless you're the griz and you draw the spurs, of course)

lefty
02-15-2014, 07:35 PM
And lol at Silver strongly believing that no team has ever been tanking

Fabbs
02-15-2014, 08:28 PM
And lol at Silver strongly believing that no team has ever been tanking
Is he simply a Stern molded shill?

Thread
02-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Is he simply a Stern molded shill?

Without Stern we'd a had Amare up our ass & you'd be short 1. Count your fucking blessings.

DeadlyDynasty
02-15-2014, 08:38 PM
that sounds a faggy as bill simmons stupid tournament for the 8 seed he bangs on about.
yeah, good idea. make teams play an extra 4 games just to get more fatigued and guarantee a first round sweep (unless you're the griz and you draw the spurs, of course)
What did his dad say?

Thread
02-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Bill Simmons, eating his shit sandwich,,,17 June 2010

lgoV5u2WWJs

UZER
02-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Without Stern we'd a had Amare up our ass & you'd be short 1. Count your fucking blessings.

What do you mean we? The Lakers had Amare?

Clipper Nation
02-15-2014, 09:13 PM
They will once Fredo trades for det contract :lol

rayjayjohnson
02-15-2014, 09:30 PM
What did his dad say?
:lol

unforeseen
02-15-2014, 09:30 PM
They will once Fredo trades for det contract :lol

Hopefully that happens soon during Kirby's "prime" years.

baseline bum
02-15-2014, 10:58 PM

You too cubby. Your boy saved us from seeing Christie flashing the pussywhip sign at his wife while holding the O'Brien.

Thread
02-15-2014, 11:00 PM

If you'd a bothered to look behind you that middle-aged white guy hootin' & hollerin' about O & shit and encouraging Stern to suspend Amare & Co. & not suspend Duncan was your's truly. Your old dad.......son.

UZER
02-15-2014, 11:05 PM
If you'd a bothered to look behind you that middle-aged white guy hootin' & hollerin' about O & shit and encouraging Stern to suspend Amare & Co. & not suspend Duncan was your's truly. Your old dad.......son.

:lol...dad

More like great gramps....gramps.
George Mikan is not walking thru that door. Go to bed already. I'm tired of smelling moth balls.

Thread
02-15-2014, 11:18 PM
:lol...dad

More like great gramps....gramps.
George Mikan is not walking thru that door. Go to bed already. I'm tired of smelling moth balls.

I'm waiting for "Conan The Barbarian" to get a head start on the DVR. It's on the shelf in DVD form, but, it ain't the same that-a-way.

HI-FI
02-15-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm waiting for "Conan The Barbarian" to get a head start on the DVR. It's on the shelf in DVD form, but, it ain't the same that-a-way.
I watched it a year ago in glorious 35mm on the big screen in Austin. With the opening shot of Arnold on the throne and that booming Basil Poleoudouris soundtrack kicking in. If you're jealous, I forgive you.

UZER
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
When thread originally watched it at the theater, it was a silent film. the booming soundtrack was a piano player in the back of the room.

Thread
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
I watched it a year ago in glorious 35mm on the big screen in Austin. With the opening shot of Arnold on the throne and that booming Basil Poleoudouris soundtrack kicking in. If you're jealous, I forgive you.

I keep fucking those type opportunities up. The kids begged me to go to "300" at the I-Max. Nope, I was too good. "It's bullshit." I regret that decision to this day.

HI-FI
02-15-2014, 11:34 PM
I keep fucking those type opportunities up. The kids begged me to go to "300" at the I-Max. Nope, I was too good. "It's bullshit." I regret that decision to this day.
Austin Drafthouse had a 1982 revival last summer, so they re-released all those great films from 82 in their original format. All these movies I grew up on with VHS, DVD etc...but seeing Conan, The Thing, Tron and Road Warrior in 35mm was something else. I never realized how well those movies work with a large audience but they do.
Don't worry, I've missed plenty of opportunities. The Drafthouse had a 70mm print of Lawrence of Arabia just recently, plus a really rare 70mm print of Michael Cimino's Year of the Dragon which is a personal fave. Missed them both. I just try to be more ready for the next time they show something cool.

Sean Cagney
02-15-2014, 11:38 PM

I agree that is retarded to play an extra 4 games, they would not stand a chance.....

BTW Spurs swept the Grizz last year to make up for that ;)

CitizenDwayne
02-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Austin Drafthouse had a 1982 revival last summer, so they re-released all those great films from 82 in their original format. All these movies I grew up on with VHS, DVD etc...but seeing Conan, The Thing, Tron and Road Warrior in 35mm was something else. I never realized how well those movies work with a large audience but they do.
Don't worry, I've missed plenty of opportunities. The Drafthouse had a 70mm print of Lawrence of Arabia just recently, plus a really rare 70mm print of Michael Cimino's Year of the Dragon which is a personal fave. Missed them both. I just try to be more ready for the next time they show something cool.

Ouch. I feel your pain.

HI-FI
02-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Ouch. I feel your pain.
true. just have to be patient for it to return.

sorry lefty for the thread derail, this was one of your best threads yet. :tu

mudyez
02-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Wouldn't it be fun if it was a "loser advances" tournament with the winner getting the top pick?

Imagine a Milwaukee vs. Philly final with the loser getting the 1st pick and the winner getting 2nd! I'm sure Milwaukee would play Sanders at PG and some Philly fan would break MCWs legs with a steel pipe the evening before the game!

I'd pay to see that Adam Silver!

baseline bum
02-16-2014, 11:00 AM

Son, are you a pussy and an asshole for blaming the refs?

Thread
02-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Son, are you a pussy and an asshole for blaming the refs?

No. I'm thanking Stern for suspending Amare & not suspending Duncan.

Katherine Robinson
02-16-2014, 02:08 PM
No. I'm thanking Stern for suspending Amare & not suspending Duncan.

DUNCAN would give you nary a moment of peace, Dale. Your lazyboy will have been locked at 90 degrees and you would see Nash's grinning face every day you woke up.

irishock
02-16-2014, 02:12 PM
But it'd also invalidate DUNCAN's PG theory. How the hell's he gonna live thru that?

Thread
02-16-2014, 02:36 PM
DUNCAN would give you nary a moment of peace, Dale. Your lazyboy will have been locked at 90 degrees and you would see Nash's grinning face every day you woke up.

Woulda been awful, DUNCAN is quick little fucker with a smart mouth on him. He's caught me a couple times tiptoeing thru the tulips. The cocknocker.

I'd have to hear the talk radio here every single day as well. They have a way here, even ringless to act like they're something special. With a ring? I do not know if I could stand it. You might end up reading about me the papers:::Elderly man goes on rampage after Suns win NBA Title. "His wife lamented her husband's lifestyle of hatred and numbers counting. 'I tried to tell Dale, but, he would not listen. I'll return now to Ohio and my 96-year-old mother who loved Dale as I have. First though I must buy a new wardrobe from Saks. Thank you.'"

Katherine Robinson
02-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Woulda been awful, DUNCAN is quick little fucker with a smart mouth on him. He's caught me a couple times tiptoeing thru the tulips. The cocknocker.

I'd have to hear the talk radio here every single day as well. They have a way here, even ringless to act like they're something special. With a ring? I do not know if I could stand it. You might end up reading about me the papers:::Elderly man goes on rampage after Suns win NBA Title. "His wife lamented her husband's lifestyle of hatred and numbers counting. 'I tried to tell Dale, but, he would not listen. I'll return now to Ohio and my 96-year-old mother who loved Dale as I have. First though I must buy a new wardrobe from Saks. Thank you.'"

The powers that be have made it so that you may exist without the hardship of Duncan's fifth or Nash's first. Be thankful that it is this and that is all.