PDA

View Full Version : Getting back to Black History Month

Avante
02-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Would anyone believe......

There were blacks here in America before the pilgrims landed?

The first great jockey was a black rider named Isacc Murphy. As a matter of fact most of that first wave of great jockies were black.

Louisiana governer (30's) Jimmie Davis who was a blues/country singer recorded with black musicians back when we still had "race records". And this was the not so gallant south.

At the 1936 Olympics in Berlin (with Hitler in attendence) the USA team had two jewish sprinters (Sam Stroller and Marty Glickman) on our 4x1 team. Due to the politics of the situation they were replaced by black sprinters Jesse Owens and Ralph Metcalfe (gold and silver in the 100m) now think about that......

Imagine a time when a southern football bowl game committee told a school.....you can come if you leave your two black players at home. Obviously it was....fuck you! That was the 1951 U of San Francisco football team. Burl Toler and the great Ollie Matson (Hall of Fame running back/Olympic medal winning 400m sprinter) the black players.

In his book...The Bear...by the great football coach Bear Bryant he talks about knowing how the mindset of southern football schools was going to have to change if they planned on being competitive. He talks about the obvious physical differences especially when it came to size with speed. He went as far as setting up a dinner with USC coach and friend John McKay about how to deal with interracial football teams. This coming after watching big fast and black Trojan running back Sam Cunningham (yep, his older brother) run over around and thru his smaller/slower Crimson Tide.

We all know about the musical influenses, rock and roll and country hugely influensed by southern black blues. Elvis***...The King of Rock... talking about it as did Jimmie Rodgers ...The Father of Country Music...both were from Mississippi.

*** covering bluesmen Big Boy Crudup, Lonnie Johnson and Junior Parker at his first Sun Records recording session. His later hit.."Hound Dog"...another cover of a blues tune that belonged to Big Mama Thornton.

TaKpGTnTOH4

Wilbur Jackson had a good career at Bama, and was drated by the Niners where he had a solid NFL career,

The first song Elvis recorded in 1954, this is from 1946.

uxHQUvCkV20

Black influensed?

zcXpUP-IxCo

Daughter turned me on to this.

Oh yeah, The Million Dollar Quartet was...

Elvis
Carl Perkins
Johnny Cash
Jerry Lee Lewis

....who all started off at Sun Records in Memphis, as did.....BB King, Howlin' Wolf and Roy Orbison.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Would anyone believe...... Yes.

Yes anyone would believe that.

Rogue
02-17-2014, 12:18 AM
It's good legs rather than brains that make good sprinters so replacing two Jewish sprinters with a pair of black ones sounded just like the right thing to do tbh.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2014, 12:37 AM
I like how black history month is the shortest month is the year. Even when we give them an extra day :lmao

Avante
02-17-2014, 01:35 AM
It's good legs rather than brains that make good sprinters so replacing two Jewish sprinters with a pair of black ones sounded just like the right thing to do tbh.

Sam Stoller was a stud, as you can see...

Jesse Owens
USA

Sam Stoller
USA

Ralph Metcalfe
USA

Harvey Wallender
USA

Eulace Peacock
USA

Harry Anderson
USA

Walter Cecil
USA

Foy Draper
USA

Ed Daigle
USA

Perrin Walker
USA

Avante
02-17-2014, 01:36 AM
I like how black history month is the shortest month is the year. Even when we give them an extra day :lmao

Thank God they are here. Imagine our Olympic team, football, music, basketball without them. Slavery a blessing in disquise for those lucky enought to have escaped Africa because of it.

Now before some dummy..."slavery a blessing?"...I'm obviously talking about those here "after" slavery, yes slavery it's self was terrible.....obviously.

Avante
02-17-2014, 01:53 AM
This is the first "country" blues ever recorded, Ed Andrews (Georgia) recorded one record in 1924 just ahead of Papa Charley Jackson (Louisiana) and Daddy Stovepipe{Alabama). While it obviously has historical significense, he wasn't too good.

2ehfofgM3Do

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Low-hanging strange fruit

Avante
02-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Low-hanging strange fruit

One of the really tragic songs.

h4ZyuULy9zs

Avante
02-17-2014, 02:09 AM
The first black to ever perform on The Grand Old Opry. The great Deford Bailey.

z20d-eHcjhk

Real easy to play. Some of his other stuff not so.

Avante
02-17-2014, 02:20 AM
First black to win an Oscar.

PAV3OfHo4n4

CuckingFunt
02-17-2014, 02:33 AM
Thank God they are here. Imagine our Olympic team, football, music, basketball without them. Slvery a blessing in disquise for those lucky enought to have escaped Africa because of it.

Now before some dummy..."slavery a blessing?"...I'm obviously talking about those here "after" slavery, yes slavery it's self was terrible.....obviously.

You've disclaimed the wrong issue.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 03:12 AM
One of the really tragic songs.

h4ZyuULy9zs
yeah, that's kinda where I was going with the not-so-gallant line. You impressed?

Avante
02-17-2014, 03:58 AM
You've disclaimed the wrong issue.

I don't think so. If not for the slave trade things would have been totally different than what we see today.

Avante
02-17-2014, 04:01 AM
yeah, that's kinda where I was going with the not-so-gallant line. You impressed?

Sure, it's good to see someone with a little depth here.

If ya really want to impress what old time hillbillie hick band recorded....Run N..Run..?

ChumpDumper
02-17-2014, 07:38 AM
I don't think so. If not for the slave trade things would have been totally different than what we see today.Imagine all the changes to your almanac lists!

Avante
02-17-2014, 08:04 AM
I wonder who influensed her?

h0Nh11z2PQ0

Or him..

CB_wZ_0s7mc

DMC
02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
For some odd reason, perhaps clairvoyance, I knew there would be a list ITT.

Avante
02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
For some odd reason, perhaps clairvoyance, I knew there would be a list ITT.

I like to widen horizons and extend perimeters, that sure beats the hell out of....ever cut yourself picking your nose.....silliness we see here.

DMC
02-17-2014, 10:13 PM
I like to widen horizons and extend perimeters, that sure beats the hell out of....ever cut yourself picking your nose.....silliness we see here.

You go down the same road time after time. Black athletes... black musicians... it's apparent all you do is sit around in your garage listening to albums and watching ESPN.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 10:16 PM
I like to widen horizons and extend perimeters
....by posting the same old lists and YouTubes and constantly whimpering about the same posters? :lol

Avante
02-17-2014, 10:35 PM
You go down the same road time after time. Black athletes... black musicians... it's apparent all you do is sit around in your garage listening to albums and watching ESPN.

I started playing football and running track as just a little bittie kid, and my family was knee deep into music. Around here in my kiddie days the best footballers and fastest sprinters were guys like John Henry Hamilton (Tulare Union) Augusta Brown (Redwood) Sam Davis (Fresno) Roger Jones (Bakersfield) Bill Cowings (Fowler) Jerry White (Cocahan) Olympians Leamon King (Delano) Tommie Smith (Lemoore, yep.....he of the famous fist salute). All black cats. So it didn't take me long to figure it out.

While I liked country it was them old black blues that really took me where I wanted to go, so raw, so primitive.

Some things you never outgrow, for me it was speed and low down back in the alley music. A life long love affair.

But.....don't have any of that old stuff on records (would cost a fortune) and no tv out in my Fortess of Solitude. It is funny to read...."you Googled that"..or.."that's some almanac"...hahaha!!!!!! How about some life long experience?

Blake
02-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Nobody cares

Avante
02-17-2014, 10:48 PM
....by posting the same old lists and YouTubes and constantly whimpering about the same posters? :lol

That coming from a guy who does nothing on this forum but follow others around and then it's that riveting.......faggot, smilie face, faggot, faggot, smilie face...and faggot. Dude, any list or youtube video beats the hell out of that lameass junior high bullshit.

This is all you do half pint.

NBA Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
No Lyfe Vanilla fagging up another thread per the usual....

Dude, you get a boner messing with people, that's all you do here so instead of telling everyone else what they need to do how about you do something, if not then shut the fuck up.

Avante
02-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Nobody cares

Nobody cares about this little fella.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228012

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:07 PM
While our resident dumb fucks stay dumb fucks, here's Llttle Stevie Wonder at 12 years old.

2cSjOxqldFs

ColinB
02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ce1_1392445609

ChumpDumper
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
lol Avante's still whining and listing.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 11:28 PM
That coming from a guy who does nothing on this forum but follow others around and then it's that riveting.......faggot, smilie face, faggot, faggot, smilie face...and faggot. Dude, any list or youtube video beats the hell out of that lameass junior high bullshit.

This is all you do half pint.

NBA Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
No Lyfe Vanilla fagging up another thread per the usual....

Dude, you get a boner messing with people, that's all you do here so instead of telling everyone else what they need to do how about you do something, if not then shut the fuck up.
:lol Avante "widening his horizons" by using the same old tired comebacks he's used a million times before

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:32 PM

White guys cat fight.

IK7Uo7kLZrs

Blake
02-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Nobody cares about this little fella.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228012

right, nobody cares about that either, fat ass.

It's like the harder you try, the more disrespect you get.

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:36 PM
:lol Avante "widening his horizons" by using the same old tired comebacks he's used a million times before

Ok man..

CN, it isn't real obvious by now that I see you as a know nothing moron? I don't like you and think you suck dick. Yep, a true...faggot. If I ask you nicely will you simply ...poof!...and go away? Dude, you add...0....to any thread you are in, ya see guy you don't know anything, yep...dumb.

CN, you get in my way guy, so how about ignoring me, ok?

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:37 PM
right, nobody cares about that either, fat ass.

It's like the harder you try, the more disrespect you get.

You talking about respect, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at yourself asshole.

College Sports Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
Lol you joined a messageboard forum. Get a life you freak.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 11:40 PM
I don't like you and think you suck dick. Yep, a true...faggot.

That coming from a guy who does nothing on this forum but follow others around and then it's that riveting.......faggot, smilie face, faggot, faggot, smilie face...and faggot.

:lol Fatass contradicting himself

Blake
02-17-2014, 11:40 PM
You talking about respect, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, the thing you are incredibly desperate to obtain but can't get.

Smhsmhsmhsnhsmhsmhsmhhhhhhlololololololol!!!!!!!!! !!

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:42 PM
:lol Fatass contradicting himself

There it is again.....you never ever get it right. Dude, you constantly miss the point or have to have things explained to you like a little kid, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Right, the thing you are incredibly desperate to obtain but can't get.

Smhsmhsmhsnhsmhsmhsmhhhhhhlololololololol!!!!!!!!! !!

Dude, is there anyone here you don;t bug?

I can see why the bitch dumped your ass.,

Dude, this is all you do.

4 Hours Ago
Blake (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460) replied to a thread Official Arguments Not Related to Recruiting Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228647) in College Sports Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
I wouldn't call it stomping. it doesn't take much to get you recruiting freaks all worked up.

You really are a prick little man.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2014, 12:01 AM
There it is again.....you never ever get it right. Dude, you constantly miss the point or have to have things explained to you like a little kid, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How am I wrong? You complain when I call you a faggot but see no problem with calling me a faggot.... you're a hypocritePERIOD :lol

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:08 AM
How am I wrong? You complain when I call you a faggot but see no problem with calling me a faggot.... you're a hypocritePERIOD :lol

You once said something about your "faggot" ain't got shit to do with being a queer. Well my "faggot" does, getting it now ya fucking faggot?

CN why do you follow me around? Answer the question, ok?

Clipper Nation
02-18-2014, 12:12 AM
You once said something about your "faggot" ain't got shit to do with being a queer. Well my "faggot" does, getting it now ya fucking faggot?

CN why do you follow me around? Answer the question, ok?
Why do you leech off my posts while doing....0....yourself?

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Why do you leech off my posts while doing....0....yourself?

Right there says it all about you faggot, a genuine moron who sucks cock.

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Getting back on topic after stomping around on midgets.

This is only seen in those with roots to western Africa.

K0EVm7fi0iQ

this could be....

Gale Sayers
Buddy Young
Ollie Matson
Nolan Smith
Rick Upchurch
Brian Mitchell
Mel Gray
Abe Woodon
Timmy Brown
Devin Hester
Cecil Turner
Bobby Mitchell
Dante Hall
Travis Wiliams
Clarence Childs

etc etc etc

Blake
02-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Dude, is there anyone here you don;t bug?

I can see why the bitch dumped your ass.,

whoa careful. As fat as you are, you need to control your blood pressure. No room for you to get so angry.

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:38 AM
whoa careful. As fat as you are, you need to control your blood pressure. No room for you to get so angry.

translation

So tell me Avante, who would be the best prewar black blues cats, how about the top dozen or so?

No problem tiny.

Bessie Smith
Robert Johnson
Charley Patton
Ma Rainey
Big Bill Broonzy
Memphis Minnie
Leroy Carr
Lonnie Johnson
Victoria Spivey
Blind Wilie McTell
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Tampa Red
Son House

ChumpDumper
02-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Getting back on topic after stomping around on midgets.

This is only seen in those with roots to western Africa.

K0EVm7fi0iQ

this could be....

Gale Sayers
Buddy Young
Ollie Matson
Nolan Smith
Rick Upchurch
Brian Mitchell
Mel Gray
Abe Woodon
Timmy Brown
Devin Hester
Cecil Turner
Bobby Mitchell
Dante Hall
Travis Wiliams
Clarence Childs

etc etc etcOh look, an almanac list!

What a surprise!

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:43 AM
The first black fighter to hold a world championship. Story goes he had over 800 fights in his 20 year career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foQEfkFHFM

Clipper Nation
02-18-2014, 12:53 AM
The first black fighter to hold a world championship. Story goes he had over 800 fights in his 20 year career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foQEfkFHFM
Wow, another YouTube for nobody to watch... shocker!

Avante
02-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Wow, another YouTube for nobody to watch... shocker!

translation

Avante what about the roots of rap?

Here ya go slick.

9gvCCWcR5dM

Clipper Nation
02-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Wow, another "translation".... how original!

Avante
02-18-2014, 01:10 AM
translation

So tell me Avante, who was the first great black sprinter?

Cool~~~~

That was USC's Howard Drew back around 1910-1916. He was the first black to hold a WR, and if not for an injury would have been the first black to win an Olympic 100m gold. He was also the first sprinter to ever be called "The World's Fastest Human"

RD2191
02-18-2014, 01:13 AM
:lol

ChumpDumper
02-18-2014, 07:34 AM
translation

So tell me Avante, who was the first great black sprinter?

Cool~~~~

That was USC's Howard Drew back around 1910-1916. He was the first black to hold a WR, and if not for an injury would have been the first black to win an Olympic 100m gold. He was also the first sprinter to ever be called "The World's Fastest Human"Wow! Translation shtick!

Another almanac entry!

Original!

leemajors
02-18-2014, 09:38 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19g17n30uxv47jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Malik Z. Shabazz
02-18-2014, 10:14 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d19cde970b6dda8ed474a2c852705db7/tumblr_n16i2eirs61r0jlbgo2_500.jpg

CuckingFunt
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d19cde970b6dda8ed474a2c852705db7/tumblr_n16i2eirs61r0jlbgo2_500.jpg

God damn.

Avante
02-18-2014, 09:50 PM
A little more black firsts.

Joe "The Jet" Perry was the first black to have a 1000 yard rushing season in the NFL, he was also the first player regrardless of race to have two consecutive 1000 yard seasons. And the first and only player to rush for a 1000 yards in a season out of just a junior college. (Compton JC) He was a Niner.

The first black to start an NFL game at QB was Willie Thrower (are you kidding me?) he was a Chicago Bear out of Michigan State. This was in the early 50's.

The first black to play football in the old SWC was receiver Jerry Levias , he played for SMU. And then the SD Chargers.

So who can me the name of the first great black American author?

rascal
02-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Why did they give Black history month the month with the fewest number of days?

DarrinS
02-19-2014, 12:10 PM

Damn. Dude in maroon shirt has a chin. Other dude? Not so much.

The Gemini Method
02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Why did they give Black history month the month with the fewest number of days?

Well, it originated as Negro History Week and the gentleman who started it chose it during the week in which 2 of the most important people in the African American experience have birthdays--Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln. February also consists of a great deal of historical events for the Blacks and W.E.B Dubois was born in February as well.

Avante
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Well, it originated as Negro History Week and the gentleman who started it chose it during the week in which 2 of the most important people in the African American experience have birthdays--Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln. February also consists of a great deal of historical events for the Blacks and W.E.B Dubois was born in February as well.

Trust me bro nobody here has a clue about who Douglass or Dubois were. That's sad.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Trust me bro nobody here has a clue about who Douglass or Dubois were.False.

And you're short.

Blake
02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
So who can me the name of the first great black American author?

Avante teaching a class that nobody enrolled in

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 03:59 PM
https://images.bookstore.ipgbook.com/images/book_image/large/9781578593231.jpg

Clipper Nation
02-19-2014, 04:12 PM
https://images.bookstore.ipgbook.com/images/book_image/large/9781578593231.jpg

That must be on his shelf next to these:

http://i.imgur.com/szvlh4Z.jpg http://i.imgur.com/30VWJQg.jpg

The Gemini Method
02-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Trust me bro nobody here has a clue about who Douglass or Dubois were. That's sad.

To be fair, this is a message board dedicated to sports. I mean, I don't think this is entirely true--perhaps less people know about the link between the end of slavery and civil rights movement on sports in a historical context...I'm not there in belief that there is a disparity.

rascal
02-19-2014, 06:40 PM

I know Douglas but not Dubois. Douglas is that guy with the big afro(many photos of him with black then gray afro) in the mid 1800s that played a big role for the speaking against slavery.

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Avante teaching a class that nobody enrolled in

Blake doing........0

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:29 PM
That must be on his shelf next to these:

http://i.imgur.com/szvlh4Z.jpg http://i.imgur.com/30VWJQg.jpg

I have around 30 books on the black experience. Then add most of the works by Richard Wright, James Baldwin and Ralph Ellison.

Been a subscriber to the magazine Track & Field News since 1970. Then add The Official Book on the Olympics and Who Is Who in Track & Field.

Tons of books on football and music.

Now add a 10,000 book home library.

Not much I'm missing as far as my interests go.

A dummy like you would be overwelmed.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey, another list!

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:34 PM
To be fair, this is a message board dedicated to sports. I mean, I don't think this is entirely true--perhaps less people know about the link between the end of slavery and civil rights movement on sports in a historical context...I'm not there in belief that there is a disparity.

The story it's self is amazing. Starting with the slave trade and how that went down, and how blacks had to endure and now we have a black president, a black QB just won the Superbowl and the Heisman and the NCAA title game. What a journey.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes, what a journey for Avante.

He bought a lot of books.

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:36 PM
I know Douglas but not Dubois. Douglas is that guy with the big afro(many photos of him with black then gray afro) in the mid 1800s that played a big role for the speaking against slavery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._E._B._Du_Bois

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Do you really think no one else would think of wikipedia if they wanted to know about Du Bois?

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
I have what is considered the Bible of rock music history........The Sound of the City. An amazing read, it's all there, everything you'd need to know about the origins of rock & roll. Yep, it's as black as black gets.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqJ,!ooFC72n+wIRBRsPDvbyJg~~_35.JPG?set_id=89 040003C1

CuckingFunt
02-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Do you really think no one else would think of wikipedia if they wanted to know about Du Bois?

Not everyone is a historian.

Avante
02-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Not everyone is a historian.

It's actually more about delving deep into your interests. If I;m into something I need to know all there is to know about it and won't rest until I do. I want it all so I go get it it all.

Not counting the books by Wright, Baldwin and Ellison

Soledad Brother...George Jackson
BAD...James Carr
To Be a Slave...Julius Lester
******....Dick Gregory
The Negro in Pilgramage America....C. Eric Lincoln
Go Down Dead...Shane Stevens
Black Like Me...John Howard Grffin
Black Rage...William H. Grier
Tear Down the Wals...Dorothy Sterling
Long Journey Home...Julius Lester
The Negro Revolt....Louis E. Lomax
Malcomb X...Walter Dean Myers
The Strange Career of Jim Crow....C. Vann Woodward
Black Voices...a number of stories by black authors
Why Black People Tend to Shout....Ralph Wiley
Blackthink...Jesse Owens
Dark Symphony: Negro Literature in America
Roots...Arthur Haley
Black Nationalism...E.U.Essien -Udom
Soul on Ice...Eldridge Cleaver
Growing Up Black...Jay David
Black Struggle.....Bryan Fulks
Lady Sings the Blues...Billie Holliday
The Negro Revolution....Robert Goldston
Message to the Black Man...Elijah Muhhamad
The Known World...Edward P. Jones
Paul Robeson a Biography....Martin Bauml Duberman
From Solavery To Freeman....John Hope Franklin

and the classic....The Autobiography Of An EX-Colored Man...James Weldon Johnson

That is my education on the subject. Along with blacks in sports, and the HBCU

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 09:58 PM
It's actually more about delving deep into your interests. If I;m into something I need to know all there is to know about it and won't rest until I do. I want it all so I go get it it all.Yes, no one else in the world could ever buy a bunch of almanacs. You're amazing.

Avante
02-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I have about 20 books on Islam/Middle East another fascinating subject.

Cunkingfunk what do you find interesting?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 10:22 PM
So many lists....

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2014, 10:25 PM
lists on lists on lists

Clipper Nation
02-19-2014, 10:26 PM
So basically Avante finally admits he gets all his "knowledge" from almanac books :lol

Avante
02-19-2014, 10:38 PM
So basically Avante finally admits he gets all his "knowledge" from almanac books :lol

You never ever get it right, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just a little white kid growing up in central Cali, I went to an all white (few Mexicans) high school. At that school I was the stud running back/sprinter. Then we'd go up against schools like Tulare Union and Lemoore and all those blacks, I'd get my lilly white ass kicked, same in football. It was the black guys around here stealing the show. That's when I started picking up on this. then there was the music. Then my black girlfriend at a time when that wasn't too cool even around here, she went to Redwood our crosstown rival, I met her at a party, she was one of the Russells, a family of four boys who were all outstanding athletes and two sisters who ran track. Yep, no father in the home.

Then here came my Navy days and I'm now meeting some southern blacks, the stories they told...wow!

Sorry dummy but unlike your dumbass I like to learn about things I find interesting. Why you need to stay stupid...????

Avante
02-19-2014, 10:40 PM
lists on lists on lists

You don't have to be here or read any lists, right?

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Do you have to be on here to watch your wife get her kidneys relocated by Lorenzo Neal's stunt double?

CuckingFunt
02-19-2014, 10:44 PM
I have about 20 books on Islam/Middle East another fascinating subject.

Cunkingfunk what do you find interesting?

Now you're requesting lists?

Avante
02-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Do you have to be on here to watch your wife get her kidneys relocated by Lorenzo Neal's stunt double?

I started to say....that's funny if we were 12....but what 12 year old thinks that's funny?

Clipper Nation
02-19-2014, 10:50 PM
You never ever get it right, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just a little white kid growing up in central Cali, I went to an all white (few Mexicans) high school. At that school I was the stud running back/sprinter. Then we'd go up against schools like Tulare Union and Lemoore and all those blacks, I'd get my lilly white ass kicked, same in football. It was the black guys around here stealing the show. That's when I started picking up on this. then there was the music. Then my black girlfriend at a time when that wasn't too cool even around here, she went to Redwood our crosstown rival, I met her at a party, she was one of the Russells, a family of four boys who were all outstanding athletes and two sisters who ran track. Yep, no father in the home.

Then here came my Navy days and I'm now meeting some southern blacks, the stories they told...wow!

Sorry dummy but unlike your dumbass I like to learn about things I find interesting. Why you need to stay stupid...????
tl;dr: You're a faggot

:lmao

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Now you're requesting lists?http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C5kUlwJAVzA/UuHBKO6rlNI/AAAAAAAA_QY/lePfASOZ-w4/s1600/joan-spit-take.gif

Avante
02-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Now you're requesting lists?

The hell with lists, they are just something to illustrate an interest in a quick way.

Avante
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
tl;dr: You're a faggot

:lmao

translation

Avante, once anything goes past a sentence or two I 'm lost. Keep it simple, ok?

Avante
02-19-2014, 11:08 PM
What a shame so many here fight learning anything, I find that weird. I wanna know all I can.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2014, 11:55 PM
What a shame so many here fight learning anything, I find that weird. I wanna know all I can.False premise.

People just don't care about you.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Avante, you like any Misssissippi John Hurt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODykMOkJKZM

Avante
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Hurt is rather unique, he was a Delta player but you'd swear he was a Piedmont player. He has that finger picking style without that heavy base string sound, not the percusson we associate the Delta players with. And he has those smooth vocals. I have his 1928 recordings and a lot of his rediscovery tunes in the 60's. Yep, one of the legends.

Garfield Akers is considered to be one of the great bummers in Delta blues history, as you can see a tremendous talent, but....just two records. Notice the difference in style from Hurt. he recorded a year later. Classic Mississippi Delta blues here.

Fu7Y8RUqUPI