PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Insider says "Kobe wanted WAY more than what he got" Was actually upset at the $48mil

Thebesteva
02-17-2014, 04:01 AM
This guy has got to be the biggest faggot of all time. He is not even worth $5 million a year imo at this point. Lakers should have listened to Mark Cuban and amnestied that faggot while they had the chance. We could have built a nice nucleus and been back to our winning ways in 3 seasons. Instead, we're stuck pleasuring the NBA's version of JaJa Gabore and his diva ways along his obsessed Twilight faggot fans.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-601992-bryant-kobe.html

This just in: No, the Lakers (http://www.ocregister.com/sections/sports/lakers/) didn’t just lay $48.5 million on Kobe Bryant out of the blue.If they had (as the team and Bryant said they did), then it would have been generous to a fault, closing down options for the next two seasons.
If, on the other hand, the process was mutual with both sides signaling their interest and compromising on the price, it’s something else – an expensive but arguably reasonable, decision to retain Kobe to help them transition.
Indeed, that’s what happened, Lakers insiders told the Register.
The Lakers had already begun thinking about extending Bryant – Jeanie Buss was all for it, Jim more deliberate – when the two sides began feeling each other out before Kobe’s return in December.
When word came back that Bryant liked the idea of getting it done, the bargaining started.
Bryant asked for more than he got, but settled for remaining the NBA’s highest-paid player.
As originally reported, Jim and Jeanie agreed because it’s what their father would have done.
They may have even done it on their father’s advice, since Jerry Buss did the same thing to thank Magic Johnson for his extraordinary contribution.
Whatever the case, the situations weren’t the same.
When Dr. Buss told Johnson to keep his one-year $14.7 million extension after retiring in 1991 as a going-away present, there was no luxury tax.
Nor were the Lakers about to go out and pursue free agents with veterans James Worthy, Byron Scott, Sam Perkins and A.C. Green on their cap. It would take five years before they would be in position to bag Shaquille O’Neal in 1996.
If the Lakers don’t intend to spend all their money in 2014, they don’t intend to wait until 2019.
Signing Bryant meant giving up the minimal chance they thought they had at LeBron James this summer. With little interest in Carmelo Anthony, that pretty much does it for the Class of 2014.
The best remaining players are Chris Bosh – a younger Pau Gasol – Kyle Lowry and Luol Deng, none of whom will be bargains since all will get big offers from their teams.
On the other hand, why should James come out this summer? Dwyane Wade’s future is uncertain. LeBron’s preferred option, the Clippers, can happen only if Miami president Pat Riley trades him. With no more leverage than James has – the possibility of signing with Cleveland or Dallas – I don’t see it.
What if LeBron stays next season and opts out in 2015, instead?
The Lakers will have a max slot – but if LeBron gets his full $22.1 million with Kobe at $25 million, that leaves less than $20 million for 10 more players.
In other words, if LeBron comes in 2015, it would be to play with Kobe and some cheap guys.
In other words, LeBron ain’t coming in 2015, either.

This is what wrong with Laker fans right here, LG quote right here

It's not like there is any up coming talent in the NBA. Lakers know they can't get Lebron and Carmelo isnt worth it and gave the mamba the money he earned throughout the years. I am happy to see Kobe get the money he deserves for the work he put in for the Lakers organization

WTF MAN?

RD2191
02-17-2014, 04:23 AM
:wow

KaiRMD1
02-17-2014, 04:31 AM
:lol ol' sport

AchillesHeel
02-17-2014, 04:48 AM
LOL Lakers

Thebesteva
02-17-2014, 05:04 AM
LOL Lakers

LOL @ Laker fans thinking contracts are about 'the work put in'. That's the past man. Sports are about the present and future, I completely understand that the FO wants the jersey, memoribilia, etc money but this is fuckin retarded. Jerry Buss would have let Kobe leave and know that he will always be a Laker in everyones minds and the sales wouldnt diminish if he went for a season or two to some shitty franchise like the Bucks.

AchillesHeel
02-17-2014, 05:30 AM
LOL @ Laker fans thinking contracts are about 'the work put in'. That's the past man. Sports are about the present and future, I completely understand that the FO wants the jersey, memoribilia, etc money but this is fuckin retarded. Jerry Buss would have let Kobe leave and know that he will always be a Laker in everyones minds and the sales wouldnt diminish if he went for a season or two to some shitty franchise like the Bucks.

Definitely agree. Shaq demanded 30 mil at the age of 32 (while he was still productive) and Jerry traded his ass without hesistation. Lol at Jimbo giving 24 mil a year to a TOSB coming off a torn achilles.

Thebesteva
02-17-2014, 06:23 AM
Definitely agree. Shaq demanded 30 mil at the age of 32 (while he was still productive) and Jerry traded his ass without hesistation. Lol at Jimbo giving 24 mil a year to a TOSB coming off a torn achilles.

The scary part was if they built a team around Shaq they easily would have won the same amount of rings, probably another 2-3. Jerry just went with the younger player with a bigger window and it was the RIGHT choice imo. If JB was alive today he would let Kobe go, a lot of fans would feel sad but once they saw that Kobe is basically a bench warmer for the last 2 years of his career theyd understand it was the right call.

Jim Buss man....we're so fucked

AussieFanKurt
02-17-2014, 06:35 AM
kome

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2014, 07:35 AM
lol he already loss half to his wife, explains why his asking for more to makeup for the losses....

lol fag tape

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 07:50 AM
:lmao

Thebesteva
02-17-2014, 08:12 AM
"I'm a difficult person to deal with for people who don't have the same kind of competitiveness or commitment to win," Bryant said. "Then I become an absolute pain in the neck, because I'm going to drag you in the gym every single day and if you need to be drugged, that's I'm going to do. And for players that have that level of commitment, it's very, very easy. ... But if you don't have that commitment, I'll absolutely going to be very, very tough to get along with. No question about it."
HarlemHeat37 & Clipper Nation...I thought you guys would appreciate this gem :lol

Thread
02-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thread
02-17-2014, 08:39 AM
The scary part was if they built a team around Shaq they easily would have won the same amount of rings, probably another 2-3. Jerry just went with the younger player with a bigger window and it was the RIGHT choice imo. If JB was alive today he would let Kobe go, a lot of fans would feel sad but once they saw that Kobe is basically a bench warmer for the last 2 years of his career theyd understand it was the right call.

Jim Buss man....we're so fucked

....without him we're light 2 NBA World Titles.

&

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 08:43 AM
....without him we're light 2 NBA World Titles.

&

Ronnie Lester

&

Daddy: 3 as a Laker
MVPau: 2

djohn2oo8
02-17-2014, 08:54 AM
:lol Jeanie Buss being an accomplice to the trainwreck

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
OP is a troll himself

from lakersground

C'mon now 24, how amazing is it going to be when the Spurs lose in the 1st or 2nd round and that board collapses. You know Im just going to have a blast there and get banned anyway from there

That entire board is convinced that Kobe Bryant is an overrated Allen Iverson

:lol trying to be trendy over the internet

:cry Kobe the cancer :cry :cry

:cry i wanna be popular on spurstalk

Thread
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Ronnie Lester

&

Daddy: 3 as a Laker
MVPau: 2

Though Pau can't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
*que the cat gif*

Rogue
02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Guy would be stupid as fuck if he hadn't demanded & actually got that money when he could. People would rather be faggots than stupid fucks, I think.

But on the other hand, Kobe who is God is priceless for the Lakers, the market value he generates is immense which more than covers the 48m fee he takes imho. Kobe makes the Lakers what they are, and the Lakers are lucky that they still have God on board whatever the price.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Though Pau can't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.
Though Kirby couldn't get out of the first round (and missed the playoffs in his prime) after running off Daddy until MVPau showed up to hold his hand....tee, hee.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Kobe's worth ever penny. I'd rather the Lakers blow that cash on a legend than on a fat fuck like Melo. Plus it's only a 2 yr deal. You get your money's worth watching a legend doin work.

Splits
02-17-2014, 10:57 AM
You get your money's worth watching a legend doin work.

http://cdn4.footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/dt66pa.gif

kobe4life
02-17-2014, 10:57 AM
48 million for God to be on your team is a very cheap price.

Michael Jordan.
02-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Kobe's worth ever penny. I'd rather the Lakers blow that cash on a legend than on a fat fuck like Melo. Plus it's only a 2 yr deal. You get your money's worth watching a legend doin work.
Worth every penny to sit on the bench.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Gives me goose bumps tbh. His will to win is unmeasured.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Worth every penny to sit on the bench.

This year is a lost season, true. He'll earn every penny of that contract for the next 2 years. No doubt.

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 11:12 AM
This guy has got to be the biggest faggot of all time. He is not even worth $5 million a year imo at this point. Lakers should have listened to Mark Cuban and amnestied that faggot while they had the chance. We could have built a nice nucleus and been back to our winning ways in 3 seasons. Instead, we're stuck pleasuring the NBA's version of JaJa Gabore and his diva ways along his obsessed Twilight faggot fans.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-601992-bryant-kobe.html

This is what wrong with Laker fans right here, LG quote right here

WTF MAN?

Agreed he should take less ...
but Lebron wasnt coming anyway ...pipe dreams.
Old news.
what i want to know is how jim/Jeanie will put their petty feud aside and get us back on track.
We already covered this plenty.

Thread
02-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Though Kirby couldn't get out of the first round (and missed the playoffs in his prime) after running off Daddy

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 11:23 AM

Daddy: 3

Kirby: 0

whitemamba
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
0 Nation

Thread
02-17-2014, 11:47 AM
^Whites

scanry
02-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

This ain't even about Tim Duncan. The fact that Tim at the age of 37 is ballin' makes that $24 mil contract all that worse. Fool has earned more than every active player alive and yet wants more from the franchise that gift wrapped him a HOF career. BTW you can count those 3 beta rings for the rest of your short life ahead, but who you foolin'? Daddy did all the heavy lifting and you hate to admit that don't you?

BTW Lebron, Duncan and Dirk have all taken less $ in their prime for the team. Whereas Kobe who is well past his prime wants the absolute max and he's about to turn 36 in a few months.

:downspin:that gramps.

Michael Jordan.
02-17-2014, 11:49 AM
The best thing about it is people thinking Jeanie would actually do a better job running the franchise.

scanry
02-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Daddy: 3

Kirby: 0

http://i.imgur.com/4Z9C9hP.jpg

envy will always prevail over the greater good tbh.

scanry
02-17-2014, 11:53 AM
The best thing about it is people thinking Jeanie would actually do a better job running the franchise.

She does have that fetish for Kobe tbh but you don't think 11 will have a say?

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 11:55 AM

People think Kobe's salary is the biggest obstacle to rebuild, but to me it's the media focus on FO dysfunction. Dont get me wrong where there is smoke ...
But why would Lebron even if we did not have Kobe's contract leave Miami and Riles, to go to LAL with Jimbo and Jeanie fighting over Daddy's empire?

Lakers need to get their house in order. Durant aint coming either.
Best case is target Kyrie and other young stars in worse situations.

scanry
0 Nation

Bringing up ring smack when you've been relegated as LA's B team. Seriously white? You should be mad at Kobe and more importantly Jimmy.

Killakobe81
She does have that fetish for Kobe tbh but you don't think 11 will have a say?

Good point maybe PJ comes on as a consultant if Jeanie had the steering wheel.

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Bringing up ring smack when you've been relegated as LA's B team. Seriously white? You should be mad at Kobe and more importantly Jimmy.

We never La's "B" team even when we suck CLips still a adopted child in L.A. you love 'em but they aint your "seed".

whitemamba
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM

for the first time? at least the lakers have accomplished something in 40 years.

scanry
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
People think Kobe's salary is the biggest obstacle to rebuild, but to me it's the media focus on FO dysfunction. Dont get me wrong where there is smoke ...
But why would Lebron even if we did not have Kobe's contract leave Miami and Riles, to go to LAL with Jimbo and Jeanie fighting over Daddy's empire?

He wouldn't do you any good tbh. Moreover he's a Duke product, he'll shrivel when it's time.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 11:58 AM
The Begging and The Contract were both Jeannie's idea :lol

whitemamba
02-17-2014, 11:59 AM

0Nation

scanry
for the first time? at least the lakers have accomplished something in 40 years.

Live in the moment son.

Clipper Nation
0Nation
13 Nation

Michael Jordan.
02-17-2014, 12:01 PM

The contract is not the issue itself, the decision to re-sign him at all is, even before seeing him play a game after a major injury.

scanry
02-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Son she's had the reigns since 2000 tbh. Jerry probably brought Fredo onboard when she started shaqing the 70 year old Zen.

whitemamba
02-17-2014, 12:14 PM
0 Nation

Michael Jordan.
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
:lol Women running basketball operations.

Thread
02-17-2014, 12:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4Z9C9hP.jpg

envy will always prevail over the greater good tbh.

That's why Bryant hunted Shaq down, ran him to ground 17 June 2010.

Thread
02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Live in the moment son.

Michael Jordan.
02-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Thread
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM

Absolutely, scan.

Without Kobe we're frozen in Portland-'00 & Jim Buss doesn't get adopted from the over 18 ante room.

That's like light 5.

Chomag
02-17-2014, 01:29 PM
That butt must be extremely sore.

lefty
02-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Fredo is not that weak :wow

DMC
02-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Lebron sees himself as able to bring any franchise to the Finals, and he's probably right, so he's just as likely to go to NY as anywhere. I don't think there's anything to gain in LA for him, and I think that's why he avoided Chicago. He doesn't want to be second best anywhere he goes, and LA has an ass load of championships already, he'd barely be remembered there. In NY, if he could take them to two or three, that would make him maybe the first billionaire athlete on the planet, given the exposure NY gets.

The best player in the game should not be playing for a half filled arena. He should be playing in MSG before a raucous crowd.

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Lebron sees himself as able to bring any franchise to the Finals, and he's probably right, so he's just as likely to go to NY as anywhere. I don't think there's anything to gain in LA for him, and I think that's why he avoided Chicago. He doesn't want to be second best anywhere he goes, and LA has an ass load of championships already, he'd barely be remembered there. In NY, if he could take them to two or three, that would make him maybe the first billionaire athlete on the planet, given the exposure NY gets.

The best player in the game should not be playing for a half filled arena. He should be playing in MSG before a raucous crowd.

that will happen over riles dead body, tbh.

Arnold Toht
02-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Absolutely. You pay the man what he's worth.

Name me a 27/5/5 player that actually sells jerseys overseas and fucks 10s all over the world. And, his name ain't Duncan or James.

DMC
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
that will happen over riles dead body, tbh.

Oh Riley?

Lebron has the freedom of choice. Miami will never be the market that NY is.

ElNono
02-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Jerry wanted to pack his bags and send him to the Pistons... but that's why Jerry was the GOAT, tbh...

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Oh Riley?

Lebron has the freedom of choice. Miami will never be the market that NY is.

Please riles sold him on that dream and Lebron bought it. No way he is leaving. and if he is smart he won't.

Over the past 34 seasons you need Riles, Pop, Red*or Phil to rang with only the Pistons, Rox and Mavs 2(plus Celts with Red's ghost in 2008) able to break that stretch.

ElNono
02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
What if he drags Pat back to New York with him though?

Thread
02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
What if he drags Pat back to New York with him though?

Over Pat's dead body like Killa says.

ElNono
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Over Pat's dead body like Killa says.

What if Pat heads to NY with him? I think Pat has some unfinished business in NY...

Thread
02-17-2014, 03:36 PM
What if Pat heads to NY with him? I think Pat has some unfinished business in NY...

I just don't see it, El. Riley has made all the mistakes he's going to make. He may fail, but, it won't be from his own making ever again.

ElNono
02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
I just don't see it, El. Riley has made all the mistakes he's going to make. He may fail, but, it won't be from his own making ever again.

yeah, it would be a big fuck you to Micky too... he ain't Larry Brown, I don't think...

Thread
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
yeah, it would be a big fuck you to Micky too... he ain't Larry Brown, I don't think...

Exactly. He's too old and wise now. He's suffered because of his decisions. Learned from them and has been able to avenge them, from LA to New York. Not many men get that opportunity and are able to execute them as Riley has. I admire that. He did it and he's never uttered a peep about it. I could do it, but, I'd have to tell the world. lol.

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Exactly. He's too old and wise now. He's suffered because of his decisions. Learned from them and has been able to avenge them, from LA to New York. Not many men get that opportunity and are able to execute them as Riley has. I admire that. He did it and he's never uttered a peep about it. I could do it, but, I'd have to tell the world. lol.

With you on this as well.

DMC
02-17-2014, 04:12 PM
I don't see Lebron being loyal to an owner or GM. I think he's more concerned about his image among his peers, namely Chris Paul, Melo and Wade (maybe Durant now too but Lebron would never go to OKC)

He's gotten Wade to the Finals 3 consecutive times and rung twice. He doesn't owe anyone anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see him consider NY if Melo stays, for less than maximum money, if Melo agrees to a similar deal that Wade agreed to a few years back. That would allow them to bring in or keep some high end talent, fire Mike Woodson and get a decent coach. In fact, the coaching situation is the only drawback I see there, but with the money to be made on Lebron, NY would get damn near anyone to come there, maybe even Pop. But with that level of talent, anyone could coach that team, even Lawrence Frank.

I cannot see both Griffin and Lebron on the same team. It would be fun to watch, but probably not going to happen. Both are top notch pieces to have. But they have Doc Rivers, so you never know how that plays out. I can imagine James in LA playing with CP3 and being coached by Doc.

Killakobe81
02-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Yall are crazy. Riles will sell wade on taking a discount when the time comes and Riles will sell Bosh despite his key contributions if that is what he needed to Keep james.

Other teams are crazy. Once riles got his meat hooks in James it was over. Riles will godfather his ass with an offer he can't refuse.

HI-FI
02-17-2014, 05:08 PM
:lol ol' sport
:rollin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInki-7fKkM

HI-FI
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM
"Get me out of here. I want to be in San Bernadino with some shit on my dick."

HI-FI
02-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't see Lebron being loyal to an owner or GM. I think he's more concerned about his image among his peers, namely Chris Paul, Melo and Wade (maybe Durant now too but Lebron would never go to OKC)

He's gotten Wade to the Finals 3 consecutive times and rung twice. He doesn't owe anyone anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see him consider NY if Melo stays, for less than maximum money, if Melo agrees to a similar deal that Wade agreed to a few years back. That would allow them to bring in or keep some high end talent, fire Mike Woodson and get a decent coach. In fact, the coaching situation is the only drawback I see there, but with the money to be made on Lebron, NY would get damn near anyone to come there, maybe even Pop. But with that level of talent, anyone could coach that team, even Lawrence Frank.

I cannot see both Griffin and Lebron on the same team. It would be fun to watch, but probably not going to happen. Both are top notch pieces to have. But they have Doc Rivers, so you never know how that plays out. I can imagine James in LA playing with CP3 and being coached by Doc.

if that situation plays out, I've wondered about Pop going to NYC myself. He's already said it's his favorite city, it could be a chance to show he's bigger than SA after blowing the Finals, plus he hugged Lebron after the Finals like he wanted some of that mandingo dick.

DMC
02-17-2014, 05:27 PM
if that situation plays out, I've wondered about Pop going to NYC myself. He's already said it's his favorite city, it could be a chance to show he's bigger than SA after blowing the Finals, plus he hugged Lebron after the Finals like he wanted some of that mandingo dick.

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t384/rota_87/manding.jpg

Thread
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Pop is old and sodded, HI. He's been behind the Alamo ramparts for nigh on a score. He's now flat on his back, consumptive, with two flintlocks death gripped in his hands. Ya gettin' the picture, big fella?

Rogue
02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
They paid 49mil for the future 2yr's service of a TOSB who's never gonna be the same, but at least they managed to stay the God... well spent, imho

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
You can't pay him enough for all the attention he's brought the game over the years, tbh...just look at this forum--it'd be a ghost town w/o him. The game will undoubtedly suffer w/o him unless LeBron decides to score at will. If you've seen one triple-double you've seen them all. He needs to start going on scoring binges or the excitement will die out. Luckily KD is all bout dem buckets right now.

Wiz
02-17-2014, 09:09 PM
:cry i wanna be popular on spurstalk:lmao

Thebesteva
02-17-2014, 10:15 PM

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/celeb-rundown-2-1.gif%3Fw%3D762%26h%3D381

thunderup
02-17-2014, 10:16 PM
http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/celeb-rundown-2-1.gif%3Fw%3D762%26h%3D381

Wiz
02-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Good movie

kobe4life
02-17-2014, 10:21 PM
You guys talk about Kobe who is god all the time and when God is not around you guys get depressed. I have seen this forum the last few months since God's injury and it has been dead. Deep down inside you guys need God in the worst way because without him you have nothing to talk about. The Great Satan has a bunch of squares for followers considering he himself is a square hence his followers make this forum crappy.

irishock
02-17-2014, 10:24 PM
That's why Bryant hunted Shaq down, ran him to ground 17 June 2010.

Funny thing is, Shaq had to join the fucking Celtics in a desperate attempt to tie it up :lol

Thread
02-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Funny thing is, Shaq had to join the fucking Celtics in a desperate attempt to tie it up :lol

"We" don't talk about that. It was put off limits by Media immediately after it failed.

irishock
02-17-2014, 10:28 PM
"We" don't talk about that. It was put off limits by Media immediately after it failed.

How did you react when he joined the Suns?

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Never mind that, what was Dale's reaction to Daddy's legendary freestyle?

- "Last week, Kobe couldn't do without me."
- "Kobe ratted me out, that's why I'm gettin' divorced."
- "Yo, Kobe, tell me how my ass taste."
- Daddy

Thread
02-17-2014, 10:40 PM

I worried per the usual. & if Duncan doesn't hit that 3 anything coulda happened.

It was a hoot though at the start as D'Antoni had him running around after the pick & roll. It was just comical. But, they got it straightened out and made a run. Had me snortin' a bit, walking the streets. Girl ran me off from the house for my antics.

Rogue
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM
my nigga m>s (kobe4life) is locked for a spot on the list of the best posters of this month, tbh.