TrueSpursFan
02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
"Little"?
"more or less"?

Seventyniner
02-17-2014, 06:09 PM
"Little"?
"more or less"?

I thought "more or less" at first but I would have put it as >/<.

ThePop
02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
win what?

weeks
02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
it's more or less, twitter character restriction
i have trouble taking any compliment from Phil, i always suspect he's secretly trolling

then again, it's standard practice to uptalk your opponents so that when you defeat them, it makes you look that much better.

Mikeanaro
02-17-2014, 06:21 PM
ASG is putrid shit

DMC
02-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Why would Phil say "win with more or less talent"?

He's saying Spurs win with less talent because they play the game how it should be played. Phil doesn't have a horse in this race.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Phil has a good point in some aspects. But the ASG is made to be fun. I love watching the flashy dunks and the best of the best. There is an electric feeling in the building. You know what really bothered me? The dunk contest!!! Talk about an over self indulgent display. I felt disgusted watching that kid come out in a crown. The past few years it has gotten bad, way self indulgent. You can really see why a lot of people view the NBA negatively, granted a lot of it is racism. But get out there and handle your business, dunk that damn ball. Remember Vince Carter? He just put on a damn show dunking the ball. Then you have the idiots like Dwight Howard. Enough of this costumes and putting yourself on a pedestal.

Kool Bob Love
02-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Phil needs to shut the fuck up. Swept outta coaching lmao

look_at_g_shred
02-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Subtle.

hater
02-17-2014, 07:13 PM
>|<

means mediocre talent. which is what we have tbh

hater
02-17-2014, 07:15 PM
whats funny is a guy who had MJ, Shaq and Kobe giving input on winning with mediocre talent :lol

cd98
02-17-2014, 07:18 PM
The all-star game was boring until the 4th quarter. It would be better if it meant something.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Phil is the greatest troll in NBA history:lol

HemisfairArena
02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
whats funny is a guy who had MJ, Shaq and Kobe giving input on winning with mediocre talent :lol

I think he's done that when Jordan retired for two seasons and he still coached the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals with Pippen and Kukoc leading the way. While Pippen is a great player....he isn't a top 30 player of All Time and Kukoc isn't even top 100. So the fact Phil Jackson guided them to the ECF's and a 50+ win season without Jordan is amazing. Not to mention, when he left the Lakers for two years as coach.. the Lakers missed the playoffs for the first time in 15 years and they get beat in the 1st round in the next year....he comes back and they almost get another 3 peat. No denying how great of a coach he is.

Spur|n|Austin
02-17-2014, 07:54 PM
win what?

Highest winning % over the past decade out of all 4 professional sports, tbh.

Ungrateful..

ElNono
02-17-2014, 07:55 PM
I think he's done that when Jordan retired for two seasons and he still coached the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals with Pippen and Kukoc leading the way. While Pippen is a great player....he isn't a top 30 player of All Time and Kukoc isn't even top 100. So the fact Phil Jackson guided them to the ECF's and a 50+ win season without Jordan is amazing. Not to mention, when he left the Lakers for two years as coach.. the Lakers missed the playoffs for the first time in 15 years and they get beat in the 1st round in the next year....he comes back and they almost get another 3 peat. No denying how great of a coach he is.

You actually have that wrong. He left for just one year (04-05). He was the coach when they were beat in the 1st round, and he was beat twice in the 1st round (against the Suns both times), then they traded for Gasol and the rest is history.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-17-2014, 07:56 PM

He's just strangely hung up on the Spurs. The greatest troll in NBA history needs to pick a bigger fanbase.

ThePop
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Highest winning % over the past decade out of all 4 professional sports, tbh.

Ungrateful..

Ungrateful for 4 championships, sure. However, in 10 years no one will care about winning %.

r0drig0lac
02-17-2014, 08:09 PM
lol people here acting as if he had spoken a lie

EVAY
02-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Phil Jackson has always been the worst sport in history. He is ungracious in winning and ungracious in defeat.

He perfected the art of the backhanded compliment decades ago and pulls it out whenever he has an opportunity.

I don't care what he says about anything, why would anybody?

hitmantb
02-17-2014, 09:19 PM
lol people here acting as if he had spoken a lie

Exactly, Spurs honestly has far less raw talents than the likes of Heat/Pacers/Thunder/Rockets/Clipper/Blazer, it is amazing what Pop was able to do with his system.

Spurs will hand the second seed to Rockets after the Clipper/Blazer games.

DJR210
02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Even though I may not have my finger on it just yet.. I know this compliment is backhanded somehow.

Budkin
02-17-2014, 09:29 PM

Always loved him as a coach though. Would kill to have him coach the Spurs at some point. Won't happen but still.

weeks
02-17-2014, 09:41 PM
He's just strangely hung up on the Spurs. The greatest troll in NBA history needs to pick a bigger fanbase.
we got in his head obviously

ducks
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
phil stfu

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 09:57 PM
4>1, try again

He loves trolling the littleman, see "Cowtown" Sacto comment

weeks
02-17-2014, 10:09 PM
4>1, try again

He loves trolling the littleman, see "Cowtown" Sacto comment
oh, but we're definitely his favorite.

KaiRMD1
02-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Phil trying to be like Kool and seek attention, poor ol' sport

HemisfairArena
02-17-2014, 10:14 PM
You actually have that wrong. He left for just one year (04-05). He was the coach when they were beat in the 1st round, and he was beat twice in the 1st round (against the Suns both times), then they traded for Gasol and the rest is history.

Youre right.... he did come back after 1 year and took them back to the playoffs where they choked away 3-1 lead in the 1st round. Fact remains Lakers won nothing without him...Bulls won nothing without him. And he came real close to winning four 3 peats....hell we couldn't even win a repeat with all the talent we had....and if not for Popovich benching Duncan..the Heat wouldn't even have repeated...muchless have a chance at a 3 peat(which they wont)...which shows it doesn't matter how much talent you got...you have to make it work and there has been none better than Phil Jackson in the history of the NBA...and I believe there has never will be a better coach in the NBA....at least for the rest of my lifetime.

TheGoldStandard
02-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Phil would never have pulled any "legend" off the court regardless of the situation. You ride with what & who got you there.

Mikeanaro
02-17-2014, 10:22 PM
How stupid is a coach to bench his best rebounder in the worst moment ever? fuck

HemisfairArena
02-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Phil would never have pulled any "legend" off the court regardless of the situation. You ride with what & who got you there.

Exactly right....it's the most inexcusable thing Popovich has ever done.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Youre right.... he did come back after 1 year and took them back to the playoffs where they choked away 3-1 lead in the 1st round. Fact remains Lakers won nothing without him...Bulls won nothing without him. And he came real close to winning four 3 peats....hell we couldn't even win a repeat with all the talent we had....and if not for Popovich benching Duncan..the Heat wouldn't even have repeated...muchless have a chance at a 3 peat(which they wont)...which shows it doesn't matter how much talent you got...you have to make it work and there has been none better than Phil Jackson in the history of the NBA...and I believe there has never will be a better coach in the NBA....at least for the rest of my lifetime.

How stupid is a coach to bench his best rebounder in the worst moment ever? fuck

It makes it harder for me to hate you guys when you're objective like this.

ElNono
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM

I'm in agreement Phil is the GOAT coach...

hater
02-17-2014, 11:08 PM

well he had some talent in 2006 and got spanked by Mike D'Antoni

fact is talent DOES matter only fools think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, Phil is probably the GOAT coach in history, makes Pop look like a pedestrian amateur.

I always compared Phil to a ace fighter pilot, he's got the skill but needs an 80 million dollar airplane to get it done.

still Phil talking about winning with pedestrian talent is :lmao (he's obviously trolling everyone including the spurs)

HI-FI
02-17-2014, 11:09 PM
I used to get into arguments with people about Pop being over Phil. I'm not ready to anoint Phil, but after Pop handling the fourth quarter, I'm done with that argument of who is better. Phil might be the GOAT, he certainly has the hardware. I just don't know if he would've been as effective as Pop with a small market team. But I also don't see Phil micromanaging things to death like at the end of game 6.

It makes it harder for me to hate you guys when you're objective like this.
real talk, do you just join sites of your rivals to troll or you bored with Lakersground or RalphWilsonParadise.com?

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 11:11 PM
I used to get into arguments with people about Pop being over Phil. I'm not ready to anoint Phil, but after Pop handling the fourth quarter, I'm done with that argument of who is better. Phil might be the GOAT, he certainly has the hardware. I just don't know if he would've been as effective as Pop with a small market team. But I also don't see Phil micromanaging things to death like at the end of game 6.

real talk, do you just join sites of your rivals to troll or you bored with Lakersground or RalphWilsonParadise.com?
Only rival sites...I have home accounts but have never really posted (or read LG) and I only lurk at a Bills board during draft/FA.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-17-2014, 11:21 PM
It's Phil. Who cares? He has had all the talent anybody could ever want in winning his rings. Imagine if David Robinson was 27 and Tim were 22 playing side by side each other. That's about what it was like having Kobe and Shaq together. Not to mention having Michael Jordan. Must be nice.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
It's Phil. Who cares? He has had all the talent anybody could ever want in winning his rings. Imagine if David Robinson was 27 and Tim were 22 playing side by side each other. That's about what it was like having Kobe and Shaq together. Not to mention having Michael Jordan. Must be nice.
What a generic take. The one time one of them won a ring w/o Phil (Shaq coattailing D-Wade in '06) was with Pat Fucking Riley. Shaq was horrible in those Finals, too

HI-FI
02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Only rival sites...I have home accounts but have never really posted (or read LG) and I only lurk at a Bills board during draft/FA.
that's cool, I know you like to troll but you seem invested in this site or rivalry.:lol
that's like the opposite of me, I rarely visit any rival site. I don't think I've ever trolled a site, if something doesn't interest me then I ignore it.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 11:27 PM
that's cool, I know you like to troll but you seem invested in this site or rivalry.:lol
that's like the opposite of me, I rarely visit any rival site. I don't think I've ever trolled a site, if something doesn't interest me then I ignore it.
Joined here during the Spurs-Lakers WCF in 2008...it's been great, and people with smalltown mentality are easy to troll cause they're chock full of righteousness

Sean Cagney
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Exactly right....it's the most inexcusable thing Popovich has ever done.

I FULLY agree with you two here. He would have gotten one of those rebounds.

Darius Bieber
02-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Like I've been saying... The 3 Point Competition is the only thing worth watching.... Or perhaps if they made a new HORSE game in the ASG.. That would be worth watching too.

Budkin
02-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Anyone got that pic from ASG 2011 of Pop grinning in front of PJ's locker? Shit seems to have vanished from the internet.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Not liking Phil Jackson is un-American, especially after his golden brokeback comments and subsequent apology. I wouldn't wanna know a person who didn't find those comments hilarious:lol

BillMc
02-18-2014, 01:18 AM
I don't like Phil personally, but there's no denying he's a great, great coach. Which makes it even funnier that Jim Buss abruptly blew him off for Mike D'Antoni. I guess Lakers management wasn't impressed with those 5 rings he brought them...

SpurPadre
02-18-2014, 02:08 AM
Yes, guys like Bonner and De culo are two of the least talented players in the game but it's so simple minded how people love to say the team doesn't have talent basically because we don't dunk. Why is dunking the only barometer of talent level in the nba? And why are guys who fully understand the game of basketball like Jackson using that as the only determining factor of talent? I mean, you can be talented in the nba and not be a constant dunker. That being said, I admit we desperately need more athleticism on this team but that doesn't mean we don't have talented players. TD has talent. Manu has talent. Tp has talent. Kawhi has talent. Boris is a talented passer. Green is a talented defender. Mills is a speedy player who has some great shooting skills. Marco won a 3pt. contest proving he's a talented shooter. People have to stop equating talent and athleticism as only being true as long as you can talk and talk shit about it afterwards. THAT is a poor example for today's youth Phil.

HI-FI
02-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Not liking Phil Jackson is un-American, especially after his golden brokeback comments and subsequent apology. I wouldn't wanna know a person who didn't find those comments hilarious:lol
are you talking about his infamous non apology? that shit was hilarious. I honestly can say I liked Phil a lot more after that moment, to stand up to the PC Stasi is always respected by me. Plus I personally like that he is more into that herb than Pop and his wine:lol. Though both him and Pop are interesting in their own way.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 02:57 AM
are you talking about his infamous non apology? that shit was hilarious. I honestly can say I liked Phil a lot more after that moment, to stand up to the PC Stasi is always respected by me. Plus I personally like that he is more into that herb than Pop and his wine:lol. Though both him and Pop are interesting in their own way.
:lolyup...the PC Police got teabagged by the Zen Master on ESPN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0xfdID34

FkLA
02-18-2014, 03:03 AM
Not sure how its backhanded when we really don't have a guy like Bron/Durant. Also Phil is a glorified babysitter tbh. Where is his coaching tree?

eric365
02-18-2014, 06:39 AM
>|< could be an asterisk

superbigtime
02-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Phil has a good point in some aspects. But the ASG is made to be fun. I love watching the flashy dunks and the best of the best. There is an electric feeling in the building. You know what really bothered me? The dunk contest!!! Talk about an over self indulgent display. I felt disgusted watching that kid come out in a crown. The past few years it has gotten bad, way self indulgent. You can really see why a lot of people view the NBA negatively, granted a lot of it is racism. But get out there and handle your business, dunk that damn ball. Remember Vince Carter? He just put on a damn show dunking the ball. Then you have the idiots like Dwight Howard. Enough of this costumes and putting yourself on a pedestal.

This is exactly why I do not watch anymore. Dunk contest is a joke. I think they should should lose the dunk contest and incorporate a dunk into the skills challenge. Maybe a 2-man skills challenge with a PG and a forward. Or two man HORSE. Keep the 3 point contest and get rid of that stupid celebrity game. The intro to the ASG is cringe-worthy. Best event is the Rising Stars game. The rest is just hokey.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
This is exactly why I do not watch anymore. Dunk contest is a joke. I think they should should lose the dunk contest and incorporate a dunk into the skills challenge. Maybe a 2-man skills challenge with a PG and a forward. Or two man HORSE. Keep the 3 point contest and get rid of that stupid celebrity game. The intro to the ASG is cringe-worthy. Best event is the Rising Stars game. The rest is just hokey.

I love the ASG and RSG. But you are right, the dunk contest has fallen apart. Too much wrong with it, kinda like I was saying.

The intro was fairly bad too, I agree. I don't mind hip hop, but the NBA isn't really helping their cause in generating new fans or eliminating the "thug" image. Even if some of it isn't warranted. I guess we will see what Silver is made out of as a commissioner. I really don't have high hopes seeing that he is Stern's guy.

AntiChrist
02-18-2014, 03:58 PM
So, the Spurs play great fundamental basketball and succeed with hard-working role players? Never heard that before. Thanks for the news flash, Phil. :rolleyes

Seventyniner
02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
>|< could be an asterisk

Good catch. I wouldn't put it past him to give it a double meaning.

Johnny RIngo
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Why are we comparing the GOAT to Pop? One of them has 11 championships and his most embarrassing moment is losing to Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle. Nowhere near as bad as losing to Avery fucking Johnson...with homecourt...with the best player on the court. Or losing to Spo after benching the best player on his team.

TheGoldStandard
02-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Why are we comparing the GOAT to Pop? One of them has 11 championships and his most embarrassing moment is losing to Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle. Nowhere near as bad as losing to Avery fucking Johnson...with homecourt...with the best player on the court. Or losing to Spo after benching the best player on his team.

I can't imagine him going to MJ and saying: You're on the bench for the next 2 plays... or Shaq or Kobe.. lol..

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2014, 06:08 PM
What a generic take. The one time one of them won a ring w/o Phil (Shaq coattailing D-Wade in '06) was with Pat Fucking Riley. Shaq was horrible in those Finals, too

Duncan won 4 without Phil.

UZER
02-18-2014, 07:50 PM
I can't imagine him going to MJ and saying: You're on the bench for the next 2 plays... or Shaq or Kobe.. lol..

Yeah, and Shaq wasn't even a great defender, but you don't take out your HOF player at that moment.

lefty
02-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Exactly

Phil would have never benched Tim

lefty
02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
We got in his head ?

Like he got in the Spurs' heads in 2000-2001 with the asterisk comment ?

He took the Spurs out of their game; they tried hard to get back at Phil by being overaggressive and they ended up playing like shit

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 08:10 PM
lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) with the truthbombs. The only time the Spurs beat the Jackson-Lakers in a series Phil was preoccupied with trips to the cathlab:lol

weeks
02-18-2014, 09:27 PM
yeah, i don't think tim duncan ever cried over it though.