PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Stats: Kobe Without Shaq and Gasol Compared To MJ Without Pippen

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 09:32 PM
I posted this years ago but since there are some newbies like 0lipper 0ation and a few others I thought it high time I hit them with this again...

Jordan without Pippen (5 seasons):

.430 win %
0 Titles
0 MVPs
0 Finals MVP
0 Finals appearances
0 Playoff series wins
1-9 playoff record
0 NBA All Defense Team
0 NBA Defensive Player of the year

Kobe without Shaq (6 seasons)

.611 win %
3 Finals appearances
2 Championships
1 MVP (Reg season)
2 MVP (Finals)
5 NBA All Defense 1st Team
81 points in 1 game
62 points in 3 quarters (outscored Mavs all by himself)
4 straight 50+ pt games

30 straight 40+ games averaged 40 for a month

Kobe 3 Seasons without Shaq and Gasol:

.492 win %
0 Titles
1 Regular Season MVP
0 Finals MVP
0 Finals appearances
0 Playoff series wins
4-8 playoff record
3 NBA All Defense Team
0 NBA Defensive Player of the year

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Obviously I haven't updated the numbers but if I did it would make Kobe look even better and Shaq and Gasol even worse...just saying

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Boiled down:::Kirby is under .500 without Daddy or MVPau :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Boiled down:::Kirby is under .500 without Daddy or MVPau :lol

Still better than MJ without Pip....I brought the goods and there' nothing you can do about it except wine ;-)

Thread
02-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Kool Aid Man

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Basically Kobe had more accolades without Shaq and Pau than MJ did without Pip..goes to show just how dominant Kobe Bean Bryant really was...and how Pippen dependent that MJ was

Reck
02-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Why did you even bother to list the without shaq stats when that directly contradicts the one you posted thereafter?

Once Shaq left Kobe didn't do shit, missed the playoffs and so on. It wasn't until the Lakers acquired Gasol he propped his stats up.

You're not fooling anyone.

Also it is Kobe who is always trying to emulate Jordan, he'll never get to 6. Live with that reality.

Thread
02-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Why did you even bother to list the without shaq stats when that directly contradicts the one you posted thereafter?

Once Shaq left Kobe didn't do shit, missed the playoffs and so on. It wasn't until the Lakers acquired Gasol he propped his stats up.

Also it is Kobe who is always trying to emulate Jordan, he'll never get to 6. Live with that reality.

Gasol has never won a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Gasol has never won a single playoff game with Kobe holding his hand.
You're right, he was the one doing the hand-holding during the back-to-back, not KirbyPERIOD

Thread
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Shad. Nothing wrong with Kobe emulating MJ.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 10:03 PM

:lmao but he did get to 5...so you know what reality that is don't you? :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Gasol has never won a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.

even when Kobe went out with the Achilles..Gasol promptly lost 4 more...so now he's 0-16 without Kobe....dude is a straight up loser...

Kobe 2
Shaq 1

what else can they throw at me to knock over the fence...I feel like a roided up Barry...for the record Barry was the 2nd greatest ever before the steriods tbh

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Shad. Nothing wrong with Kobe emulating MJ.

what's worse 6-26 and a title or a dominant game 6 performance by Duncan with no title :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Nice fucking you tonight Spur fan...see you lame ass fellas later...gotta go cook me some Crab Taco's ;-)

ambchang
02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
You should be comparing Pippens stats without MJ to Kobe's stats without dominant big men to stay consistent. Can't compare a second banana to an alpha dog even though we are talking bananas absolute prime vs dogs over the hill Washington days and his rookie and injury years.

Double-Up
02-17-2014, 10:13 PM
It's been fun people. I've learned a lot from you all but now my time on ST has come to an end. I have bigger dreams and goals to pursue, bigger fish to fry. :toast

All My love,

Nappy

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2014, 10:56 PM
:lolKobe would've won Finals MVP even if the Lakers lost Game 7

KoolAid Mans Brother
02-17-2014, 11:13 PM
It's been fun people. I've learned a lot from you all but now my time on ST has come to an end. I have bigger dreams and goals to pursue, bigger fish to fry. My thesis for my PHD into the human mind is over and ST is no longer my test bed. You guys have been gracious and accommodating hosts. Special Thanks to Mrs Ellis and Timvp...I love you guys.

Thanks to Cully and Luva my Champions and internet Fathers. It's been one helluva of ride fellas I salute you, I represented for Laker Nation, I rode for you, it was all for you.

To the rest of the Laker Nation family keep reppin and remove those from among you that want to get a peek at Lebron's balls.

To Midnight Pulp, DMC, and DPG it was all good fellas..no harm no foul...yall have so much potential a tad bit misguided at times but I see the potential it's there fellas...refine and hone it...I'm rooting for you...

To Mono and the O&Forever Crew out of Dallas: I expect one day you'll stand up to Spur fan...one day maybe...until then it's:

Kobe 62
Dallas 61

To SpurClipperHeat fan co-joined triplets...we won...both Duncan and Lebron share an ominous distinction of having won a title in a locked out season. As Phil Jackson himself declared..:"Those are asterisks" plain and simple ...Kobe dominated Duncan and the Spurs head to head in the play-offs and it's:

Kobe 5
Jimmy Wishbone 4

Lebron was too chickenshit to face a somewhat prime Kobe in the 2010 Finals so he faked an elbow injury during the Boston series...that sealed his fate in my opinion. Dude could never rise to the Kobe challenge and Kobe clowns him whenever he can...Dude tries to copy "the Beta" and he's still a failure....

Kobe 5
Le_Hair_line 2

Sorry but the 0lippers only get a notable mention

Yall take care and if I win these pending interracial paternity cases who knows what the future may hold

PS: Somebody tell the redneck crew in the Club forum that I'm gone...and CF wanted me bad...she balked after seeing my Cocky because she knew it would leave her Couchie so very Sochi

All My love,

Nappy

Phillip
02-17-2014, 11:55 PM
anyone who seriously falls for this is retarded beyond belief

KaiRMD1
02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
I believe Kobe won regular season MVP with Gasol on the team. My god ol' sport, it's as if you've come back on full retard mode. Jesus christ, you've lost my attention and curiosity of your schtick

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2014, 12:30 AM
i dont think mj ever licked a mans ass, let alone licking some euros ass to championships

Koolaid_Man
02-18-2014, 07:24 AM
i dont think mj ever licked a mans ass, let alone licking some euros ass to championships

Looks like I got the Jimmy Wishbone fanboys on their heels this time....:lol Kool is so brilliant :lol

whitemamba
02-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Kool bringing the heat tbh..

Koolaid_Man
02-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Kool bringing the heat tbh..

they're crazy if they think Imma let this thread die

whitemamba
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
they're crazy if they think Imma let this thread die

Mah nigga

UNCLE-DREW
02-19-2014, 06:19 AM
now lebron without bosh and wade :king

Thread
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
^Media would be mighty surly.

AchillesHeel
02-19-2014, 08:36 AM
now lebron without bosh and wade :king

Lebron is on pace to be the GOAT. Led his team to the Finals, won tons of Playoff series and won 2 MVPs, MJ,Kobe,Shaq will have nothing on his resume when he retires in about 10 years.

UNCLE-DREW
02-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Lebron is on pace to be the GOAT. Led his team to the Finals, won tons of Playoff series and won 2 MVPs, MJ,Kobe,Shaq will have nothing on his resume when he retires in about 10 years.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3490151/my-nigga-o.gif

Rogue
02-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Lebron is the best player of the league right now without no doubt, but it's just plainly stupid to idolize such a player because it'd send young people the wrong message that there was easy path to success, when there ain't. A true great player would've stuck with his team through thick and thin, and he'll be rewarded for his loyalty and get his ring (like 11' for Dirk).

AchillesHeel
02-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Lebron is the best player of the league right now without no doubt, but it's just plainly stupid to idolize such a player because it'd send young people the wrong message that there was easy path to success, when there ain't. A true great player would've stuck with his team through thick and thin, and he'll be rewarded for his loyalty and get his ring (like 11' for Dirk).

So, stick with one team for your whole career and win 1 ring like Dirk or choose your own path and win multiple rings + become a top 10 all-time great, on pace for the GOAT while still in your prime? I'm taking Bron's method.

Clipper Nation
02-19-2014, 11:10 AM
So, stick with one team for your whole career and win 1 ring like Dirk or choose your own path and win multiple rings + become a top 10 all-time great, on pace for the GOAT while still in your prime? I'm taking Bron's method.
He wouldn't even have won one in Cleveland because of his shit supporting cast, then all of the haters would be bashing him for being ringless :lol

Thread
02-19-2014, 11:22 AM
^I just thank Christ he won that 2nd. Can ya imagine your old dad otherwise?

cd98
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Still better than MJ without Pip....I brought the goods and there' nothing you can do about it except wine ;-)

That's an apples to oranges comparison. Pippen joined Jordan after Jordan's first three years in the league. If you took Kobe in his first three years, and you took away Shaq, you'd see a bunch of zeros too. It's hard to weigh what a prime Jordan would have done without Pippen because he always had Pippen in his prime years. That said, we can see that Kobe without Shaq or Gasol in his prime, could not elevate L.A. to be contenders.

Koolaid_Man
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
That's an apples to oranges comparison. Pippen joined Jordan after Jordan's first three years in the league. If you took Kobe in his first three years, and you took away Shaq, you'd see a bunch of zeros too. It's hard to weigh what a prime Jordan would have done without Pippen because he always had Pippen in his prime years. That said, we can see that Kobe without Shaq or Gasol in his prime, could not elevate L.A. to be contenders.

woulda coulda shoulda dickface...facts are facts stop arguing with them :hat

Clipper Nation
02-19-2014, 03:06 PM
^I just thank Christ he won that 2nd. Can ya imagine your old dad otherwise?
You'd be in read-only (a.k.a. chickenshit) mode for sure :lol

Thread
02-19-2014, 08:29 PM
You'd be in read-only (a.k.a. chickenshit) mode for sure :lol

Like you all 17 June 2010.

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Song by P-diddy...bump bump bump :lol

DPG21920
11-12-2015, 09:59 AM
It's crazy how everyone is aging so well except for Kobe. Duncan still doing great. Dirk's offensive is still a thing of beauty. Hell, even Vince Carter adapted his game wonderfully to become a great role player.

It's amazing how far Kobe has fallen off.

cjw
11-12-2015, 11:56 AM
How bad has Kobe been this year?

Metta World Peace would have to miss his next 20 shots to have a lower shooting percentage than Kobe this year.

Kidd K
11-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Slightly confused. Why would you bump this thread Kool, when subsequently accrued stats (tons of missed time/Lakers losses) only hurt your original argument here?

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 05:25 PM
It's crazy how everyone is aging so well except for Kobe. Duncan still doing great. Dirk's offensive is still a thing of beauty. Hell, even Vince Carter adapted his game wonderfully to become a great role player.

Hakeem Olajuwon on Kobe:

Well, the two guard is the toughest position, the most athletic position. The average two would be a superstar at the four or five position with the skill set. So, for someone to dominate at the most difficult, the hardest position, it’s just something else.

That's why lil bro...Kobe done put in det work from the toughest position in all of basketball....let me know if you have any more questions or comments....:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 05:25 PM

Hakeem Olajuwon on Kobe:

Well, the two guard is the toughest position, the most athletic position. The average two would be a superstar at the four or five position with the skill set. So, for someone to dominate at the most difficult, the hardest position, it’s just something else.

That's why lil bro...Kobe done put in det work from the toughest position in all of basketball....let me know if you have any more questions or comments....:lol

BD24
11-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Why does anyone respond to the two Laker faggots shit threads. If we ignore them maybe they go away and if not they are just going to talk with each other in their threads.

DPG21920
11-12-2015, 07:35 PM
double post frantic :lmao

Funny you ignore how good Vince Carter has been in his twilight years too...

Koolaid_Man
11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
double post frantic :lmao

Funny you ignore how good Vince Carter has been in his twilight years too...

You Wince Carter...the guy whos never been to a conference finals let alone a finals...a guy whos claims to fame is a dunk contest :lmao

When Wince Carter has led the kinda career Kobe has at the 2 guard spot..then come t
Holla at me lil bro