PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Duncan retiring at end of season?

djohn2oo8
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/george-karl-says-he-heard-whispers-this-could-be-tim-duncans-last-season/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

irishock
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
He should have went out on top last year... fucking Popovich.

Thread
02-18-2014, 01:59 PM
And there's been some "whispering" hereabouts, dj, from SF the last few days here & there. I thought it was idle musings. Obviously there is tread to it.

I'd be sweet seeing him sittin' next to Daddy taking turns eating Kobe's ass, light an NBA World Title.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Fucking Manu Ginobili cheated this legend out of one for the thumb

resistanze
02-18-2014, 02:23 PM

:lol I don't even know how he looks Manu and Pop in the eye.

Thread
02-18-2014, 02:27 PM

Duncan had his finger in it as well.

Katherine Robinson
02-18-2014, 03:33 PM
And there's been some "whispering" hereabouts, dj, from SF the last few days here & there. I thought it was idle musings. Obviously there is tread to it.

I'd be sweet seeing him sittin' next to Daddy taking turns eating Kobe's ass, light an NBA World Title.

Yes, Dale. There will need to be an update...

Kobe: 5

The shitbag Duncan: 4ever

hater
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM

lefty
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
:lol I don't even know how he looks Manu and Pop in the eye.
this tbh

Reck
02-18-2014, 07:15 PM
If only he wasn't sorrounded by weak niggas he'd retire in peace.

Too bad he has to carried abit of shame for the rest of his life because of some mad coach and a choking artist. Meh

AlexJones
02-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Shut the fuck up, no one gives a fuck about you or Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
02-18-2014, 07:19 PM
that's a lot of free time for his ass

Koolaid_Man
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
talk about fixing to get plowed in retirement...load after load after load after load :lol

FYM
02-18-2014, 07:26 PM
:lol Lakers fans...

ezau
02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Nah, you could blame Manu, Pop, or even the waterboy for Duncan's failure to secure the title. At the end of the day, however, Miami was just extremely lucky to pull off a rebound for an Allen-3 in Game 6. It is, what it is, sons. Lady Luck was a fucking bitch to our Spurs that day, tbh.

whitemamba
02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Nah, you could blame Manu, Pop, or even the waterboy for Duncan's failure to secure the title. At the end of the day, however, Miami was just extremely lucky to pull off a rebound for an Allen-3 in Game 6. It is, what it is, sons. Lady Luck was a fucking bitch to our Spurs that day, tbh.

Did Lady make kawhi miss those free throws? Or help Duncan miss that layup over a smaller tosb named battier? Or even better pull Duncan out of the game when all you need is a stop and a rebound? Don't kid yourself, you lost that series because of a retarded coaching decision, and 2 choke jobs.

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM

Bosh & Allen's talent surfaced there at the end. Your talent failed at each and every checkpoint.

Can you imagine this Forum at 5-5?

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Did Lady make kawhi miss those free throws? Or help Duncan miss that layup over a smaller tosb named battier? Or even better pull Duncan out of the game when all you need is a stop and a rebound? Don't kid yourself, you lost that series because of a retarded coaching decision

Whites

ezau
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Did Lady make kawhi miss those free throws? Or help Duncan miss that layup over a smaller tosb named battier? Or even better pull Duncan out of the game when all you need is a stop and a rebound? Don't kid yourself, you lost that series because of a retarded coaching decision, and 2 choke jobs.

:lol Without Kawhi playing out of his mind, Spurs would've been swept like the Lakers in the first round. Duncan was gassed because he blew his load in the first half of Game 6. Also, there was no guarantee that Duncan would've grabbed that rebound that led to the Ray Allen three. I take solace in the fact that we have four rings and our owner is still alive. The Lakers, on the other hand....:lol

ezau
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Bosh & Allen's talent surfaced there at the end. Your talent failed at each and every checkpoint.

That is true. The Heat had more talent that the Spurs and I'm actually surprised that they were able to extend the series until the very end.

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:45 PM
:lol Without Kawhi playing out of his mind, Spurs would've been swept like the Lakers in the first round. Duncan was gassed because he blew his load in the first half of Game 6. Also, there was no guarantee that Duncan would've grabbed that rebound that led to the Ray Allen three. I take solace in the fact that we have four rings and our owner is still alive. The Lakers, on the other hand....:lol

You're being sour grapeish, ez. There is no solace after that kind of loss. Why drag us into your moment?

ElNono
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
You're being sour grapeish, ez. There is no solace after that kind of loss. Why drag us into your moment?

You've dragged yourself right after the chickenshit. Heck, you haven't stopped talking about it since. :lol

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:50 PM
That is true. The Heat had more talent that the Spurs and I'm actually surprised that they were able to extend the series until the very end.

Because until the very end your talent had suppressed theirs, in particular James. Pop's strategy had worked to perfection. You had beaten them. Pop choices to end it were flawed and you paid the ultimate price. Calamity happens. And it finally happened to you.

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:54 PM
You've dragged yourself right after the chickenshit. Heck, you haven't stopped talking about it since. :lol

I'm extremely happy. I don't deny it.

Can't you take it, El? Did you want me, us to go easy on ya's? Had Perkins not gone down in '10 you would have not granted us mercy. Oh, no, the whole Boston/LA thing would have been done to death, to this very night with no end, ever.

ezau
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Because until the very end your talent had suppressed theirs, in particular James. Pop's strategy had worked to perfection. You had beaten them. Pop choices to end it were flawed and you paid the ultimate price. Calamity happens. And it finally happened to you.

Why is it that Laker fans know a lot about calamity? I think I know why:

1. Magic killed Jerry
2. The Achilles
3. Dwightmare
4. Swept
5. Steve Nash:lol
6. Kirby's knee injury
7. The tanking

spurraider21
02-18-2014, 09:57 PM
you wouldn't be here. that's for damn sure

Expert
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Spurs fan would have gotten over it by now. They would be more concerned with this season than last. The same was true in 2008.

Thread
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Why is it that Laker fans know a lot about calamity? I think I know why:

1. Magic killed Jerry
2. The Achilles
3. Dwightmare
4. Swept
5. Steve Nash:lol
6. Kirby's knee injury
7. The tanking

True, but, in the community of man, ez, it is not right for you to marry our disasters with your disaster of last June. It's wrong to it that way. When LF berates SF for last June you must not mention our shortcomings near OR far. You just have to take it.

Sure, in other threads you can mentions our trespasses, but, not when we're unbuckling your pants and setting them on your ankles for last June.

Thread
02-18-2014, 10:02 PM
you wouldn't be here. that's for damn sure

I'm just glad I didn't have to agonize thru that consideration. I ain't been that happy since CWEBB got bored in '02.

Expert
02-18-2014, 10:03 PM
True, but, in the community of man, ez, it is not right for you to marry our disasters with your disaster of last June. It's wrong to it that way. When LF berates SF for last June you must not mention our shortcomings near OR far. You just have to take it.

Sure, in other threads you can mentions our trespasses, but, not when we're unbuckling your pants and setting them on your ankles for last June.
that's ironic since the failure really was yours. You spent years building up this troll of yours and you had your opportunity to cash in but the chicken shit streak going down your back prevented you from taking what was rightfully yours. You won and you let it go. You quit and came back later so you get no reward for your efforts.

you were that close. In fact it happened only you quit first.

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:05 PM

I take solace in the fact that we have four rings and our owner is still alive:lol

irishock
02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm sure timvp and midnight agree with those of you in denial :lol

Thread
02-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I take solace in the fact that we have four rings and our owner is still alive:lol

I'd be ashamed if I were you.

ElNono
02-18-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm extremely happy. I don't deny it.

You're scared shitless. This Spurs thing is a smoke screen and you know it. Heck, you lost more Finals than we did, and even Game 7s to the hated Celtics. This is just part of being too good for too long.

You're tiptoeing in unknown territory right now. "We reload, we don't rebuild". "We'll be fine". The end of an era took away all the old cliches.

Hung up on Phil. Begged for vomit to come back. Now you gotta pay attention to the lottery. "Degrees of tanking" is part of your new vocabulary.

We're likely to get there too once TD retires. But I wouldn't trade shoes with you right now, not for a second.

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Shame is obsolete, Cubby.

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:10 PM
You're scared shitless. This Spurs thing is a smoke screen and you know it. Heck, you lost more Finals than we did, and even Game 7s to the hated Celtics. This is just part of being too good for too long.

You're tiptoeing in unknown territory right now. "We reload, we don't rebuild". "We'll be fine". The end of an era took away all the old cliches.

Hung up on Phil. Begged for vomit to come back. Now you gotta pay attention to the lottery. "Degrees of tanking" is part of your new vocabulary.

We're likely to get there too once TD retires. But I wouldn't trade shoes with you right now, not for a second.

Nono going for the jugular.

ElNono
02-18-2014, 10:10 PM
that's ironic since the failure really was yours. You spent years building up this troll of yours and you had your opportunity to cash in but the chicken shit streak going down your back prevented you from taking what was rightfully yours. You won and you let it go. You quit and came back later so you get no reward for your efforts.

you were that close. In fact it happened only you quit first.

Exactly. Unlike 6, he could claim full ownership. But he chickened out.

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2014, 10:16 PM

18-35

Thread
02-18-2014, 10:20 PM

Of course I was scared shitless and I'm still worried to death. If OKC can't cut the mustard out West I only have Miami left to block the road and they're suspect as they were last June. I ain't out of the woods. I've had a good time though and I'm old enough now to appreciate the good times when they're upon me. I fully immerse myself, marinate in the juices of my granted desires.

& I wouldn't trade places with you either. I've had my 6 in '84. I enjoy suffering it. It takes me back to that time in my life, those days and nights as it unfolded. And the epiphany of '85. The out of body feeling I had that Sunday afternoon, almost like it hadn't happened, like I dreamn't it. It didn't affect '84 though as I thought it would at the time. '84 was just as sharp and bright.

You don't know what it is like to come back. You've only won. And now you've lost. But, you won't take it without puking on us. You're wrong, SF.

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Of course I was scared shitless and I'm still worried to death. If OKC can't cut the mustard out West I only have Miami left to block the road and they're suspect as they were last June. I ain't out of the woods. I've had a good time though and I'm old enough now to appreciate the good times when they're upon me. I fully immerse myself, marinate in the juices of my granted desires.

& I wouldn't trade places with you either. I've had my 6 in '84. I enjoy suffering it. It takes me back to that time in my life, those days and nights as it unfolded. And the epiphany of '85. The out of body feeling I had that Sunday afternoon, almost like it hadn't happened, like I dreamn't it. It didn't affect '84 though as I thought it would at the time. '84 was just as sharp and bright.

You don't know what it is like to come back. You've only won. And now you've lost. But, you won't take it without puking on us. You're wrong, SF.

6 in 84

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
this thread has enrique written all over it...fck him still havnt taken responsibility

ElNono
02-18-2014, 10:31 PM

:lol you and your ilk have been puking on us since last June. And it probably won't stop until your team becomes relevant again. Talk about having a heart for the Spurs.

You had Dr Buss in 84 and 85... back then you might not have known he was special, but now you do. Now you certainly do.

Rogue
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM
If the spurs fail again this season (like a first round exit) he would privately request a trade imho. People said back in the day that Paul Pierce was as safe a celtic as Duncan was a spur, so if Paul Pierce could be traded, Duncan too! Just do us a big favor and send Duncan to Dallas, and the 5-D combination (Dirk, Duncan, Dalembert, Devin, Dejuan) will guarantee tim a 5th ring (maybe even a 6th ring as well)

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:34 PM
If the spurs fail again this season (like a first round exit) he would privately request a trade imho. People said back in the day that Paul Pierce was as safe a celtic as Duncan was a spur, so if Paul Pierce could be traded, Duncan too! Just do us a big favor and send Duncan to Dallas, and the 5-D combination (Dirk, Duncan, Dalembert, Devin, Dejuan) will guarantee tim a 5th ring (maybe even a 6th ring as well)

I'm not against that idea. Dirk would have been my favorite player if Duncan didn't exist. I don't think it would happen though.

HI-FI
02-18-2014, 10:36 PM
this thread has enrique written all over it...fck him still havnt taken responsibility
it's the problem with this board. all the Latinos worship Manu, all the Frenchies worship Parker. When both shit the bed, they try to deflect and spin. Meanwhile Duncan once again carrying the load at 38 fucking years old. Ridiculous son.

scanry
02-18-2014, 11:13 PM

Nono going deep in.

ElNono
02-18-2014, 11:40 PM
watching the game... TD has a lot of game left, tbh

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2014, 11:49 PM
it's the problem with this board. all the Latinos worship Manu, all the Frenchies worship Parker. When both shit the bed, they try to deflect and spin. Meanwhile Duncan once again carrying the load at 38 fucking years old. Ridiculous son.

the latinos had man up for previous mistakes unlike enrique from day 1 with all the criticisms still has yet to man up...his no duncan, but always get a immunity pass

even the great robinson never got a immunity card

Trainwreck2100
02-18-2014, 11:53 PM
watching the game... TD has a lot of game left, tbh

shows how shitty the next crop of big men are

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2014, 11:57 PM
shows how shitty the next crop of big men are

shows how much the team wasted 7 years of whatever is in duncans tank by giving the key to enrique to early....

his overall career stats could be higher....

apalisoc_9
02-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Fucking Enrique..

Enrique, Manu and pop we're all equally bad in the last two games tbh

whitemamba
02-19-2014, 01:01 AM

:lol thinking the spurs are going to win shit

Reck
02-19-2014, 01:04 AM

LOL teams would probably take him for bragging rights alone.

Even at this old age he can still put up decent numbers.

He wouldn't do that to the Spurms though. I wouldn't want him to either.

spurraider21
02-19-2014, 01:05 AM
:lmao:rollin:lmao

ezau
02-19-2014, 01:12 AM
:lol thinking the spurs are going to win shit

Lakers:lol

elmanutres
02-19-2014, 01:14 AM

All I ask is if the spurs rise from the ashes just like the lakers did in 84, don't you dare go hiding in the hole not wanting to pay your dues.
-Elm

ElNono
02-19-2014, 01:54 AM
Ben Hunt @benhunted
(https://twitter.com/benhunted)Duncan asked on Karl's report of retirement. "I'd like to know who he talked to. It's not something I'm thinking about."

Ben Hunt @benhunted

Pop interrupts Tim's media scrum with "HEY TIMMY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RETIRE?" TD replies, "tomorrow!"

Thread
02-19-2014, 06:36 AM
All I ask is if the spurs rise from the ashes just like the lakers did in 84, don't you dare go hiding in the hole not wanting to pay your dues.
-Elm

I'll do what your people did 17 June 2010.