PDA

View Full Version : Forget trades for now. Tanking is the way to go

Aremid
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
The writing is on the wall. No Tony Parker. Manu’s inconsistencies. The fact that this team arguably has no other talented shot creators and intimidating big men at the rim to defend it. This season is over, and yeah we may get to 50 wins but championships are what matters when you have players of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker’s caliber. The reality is it will take a lot of huge breaks for this team to even make it to the WCF, and that includes injuries to other teams’ key players. That’s not how titles are won or deserved. I’d rather unquestionably be the best team in the league than have to rely on so many fortunate circumstances for this team to get far (when we’ve already had so much bad luck this season with injuries ourselves).

Duncan does not deserve to go out this way. Duncan deserves one last championship run and this season isn’t going to be it. Tanking is a good idea and will put us back in contention next year. The big 3 could use the rest of the season off to rest their bodies and make one more LEGIT run without having to play international ball in the up-coming summer. Plus, Kawhi needs to be an all-star for us to win it all next year. The only way he does that is if he gets playing time and becomes the primary focus of the offense the rest of the season. This means the big 3 have to sit out. He will gain so much experience and we will be better as a team next year with his improvement. With more losses this season, we can possibly move up in the draft and trade for more talent that this team desperately needs. Plus, I’d like the FO to rally around Duncan and try to convince FAs to come here and play for his last hurrah.

Lastly, I don’t see OKC, Miami, or Indy being able to defend their title next season. This team has the experience they just don’t have the talent. I know they still want it, but tanking is the only way for now.

spurraider21
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
the spurs forum has become unbearable

Eddy from Austin
02-18-2014, 02:42 PM
the spurs forum has become unbearable
agree

T Park
02-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Back in the good old days this place was the place to be. Now it's over run with bleach chuggers like this bozo.