PDA

View Full Version : Adande: Spurs would be willing to provide 1st round pick

TD 21
02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't know if this is worthy of it's own thread or if it belongs in the trade deadline thread, but the powers that be can determine that . . .

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10477476/gregg-popovich-says-tony-parker-foreseeable-future

It's in the video, from the 1:25-1:30 mark.

wtgspurs
02-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Thread making whore

Chinook
02-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Good find. It could help them, but they shouldn't waste it for someone like Dunlevy or Mbah a Moute. I'd like it to be a player with at least another year left on their deal, maybe two.

Bruno
02-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Spurs saying that Parker is out for "foreseeable future" might be a move to make their 2014 first round pick more attractive. it could lead other teams to think that this pick could be in the early 20th.

I'm not saying Parker isn't tired/injured and needs some rest but Spurs/Pop might very well know exactly how long he will be out (likely 3 games). Don't forget in June 2011 when Spurs leaked rumors that Parker might be traded to raise Hill's trade value while Spurs never considered trading TP.

Chinook
02-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Spurs saying that Parker is out for "foreseeable future" might be a move to make their 2014 first round pick more attractive. it could lead other teams to think that this pick could be in the early 20th.

I'm not saying Parker isn't tired/injured and needs some rest but Spurs/Pop might very well know exactly how long he will be out (likely 3 games). Don't forget in June 2011 when Spurs leaked rumors that Parker might be traded to raise Hill's trade value while Spurs never considered trading TP.

Would be awesome to have another CIA Pop sighting before the end.

cd021
02-18-2014, 07:38 PM

Question: Do you think the Spurs would consider moving their 2015 pick (given the uncertainty about Manu and Duncans future) for an asset now? It could possibly be more attractive than this years (likely, no better than 25th)

Bruno
02-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Question: Do you think the Spurs would consider moving their 2015 pick (given the uncertainty about Manu and Duncans future) for an asset now? It could possibly be more attractive than this years (likely, no better than 25th)

Well, I'm gonna give you the obvious answer: it depend on the asset.

I guess Would rather trade their 2014 pick and if they need to trade a later pick, they will add some protection on it.

FireMicoHalili
02-18-2014, 10:35 PM
This Adande fool making news out of his own speculation

exstatic
02-18-2014, 10:37 PM
This Adande fool making news out of his own speculation

Adande is one of the few that is NOT a fool.

FireMicoHalili
02-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Adande is one of the few that is NOT a fool.
Ok

CitizenDwayne
02-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Really not sure what to think of J.A. I love his appearances on Around the Horn; he seems to know what he's talking about. But ... my god, he is terrible as an interviewer.

Either way, I don't really see this happening.

exstatic
02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Really not sure what to think of J.A. I love his appearances on Around the Horn; he seems to know what he's talking about. But ... my god, he is terrible as an interviewer.

Either way, I don't really see this happening.

I think the pick is in play for the right deal. Doubt it happens, though.

freetiago
02-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Spur have been miss with the late first round picks lately
wouldnt care if they gave those up tbh and getting a guranteed NBA player is better then the usual undersized combo guard with no athleticism
2015 would have to have protection since were likely a low 20s pick at best if Duncan is gone

Ditty
02-18-2014, 11:56 PM
I really hope the Spurs keep on there first round pick unless it's someone who will be here for at least 2+ years, and of course in his prime not like when we got Stephen Jackson but we understood at that time anything was worth getting rid of Jefferson. Spurs need to understand that they are going to be really bad for at least one season in 3-4 years. It would be nice to get a future rotational player, that could develop during our tough season(s) so if we get lucky in the lottery again with another franchise player we will be ready to compete right out of the gate.