Haul your ass in here Thread and explain this shit:lol

lefty
02-18-2014, 10:35 PM
:lol

Stern gifting game 6 to the Lakers to get epic game 7 ratings :lol

Bird calling out Stern in front of the cameras :lol

Thread
02-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Magic couldn't handle it. He'd nearly given away the Dallas series earlier on because he lost count of TO's.

Boston knew. They knew if they didn't stomp Magic into the earth they'd have to deal with him again & again and he was lethal. So they made the '84 Finals about destroying him...making fun of his inability to hit the outside shot, they sagged off in plain sight. That Tuesday night when it was over they whipped their white towels (M.L. Carr, et al) in wild jubilation and looked down at us in defiance, hoping to extinguish Magic as they'd extinguished Wilt and West and Baylor, you know the litany of broken Lakers at the hands of Celtics.

I thought they'd destroyed him. But, they hadn't. In the smoldering ashes of '84 he'd sworn a quest, a 12 month, 100 game grailed quest that would end back where they'd tried so hard to eradicate him. It ended with Dick Stockton & Heinsohn, tight lipped, flat earred and ashen faced talking in hushed tones to a national television audience. It was like church, like somebody had died, like assassination had occurred.

Magic

ezau
02-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Magic couldn't handle it. He'd nearly given away the Dallas series earlier on because he lost count of TO's.

Boston knew. They knew if they didn't stomp Magic into the earth they'd have to deal with him again & again and he was lethal. So they made the '84 Finals about destroying him...making fun of his inability to hit the outside shot, they sagged off in plain sight. That Tuesday night when it was over they whipped their white towels (M.L. Carr, et al) in wild jubilation and looked down at us in defiance, hoping to extinguish Magic as they'd extinguished Wilt and West and Baylor, you know the litany of broken Lakers at the hands of Celtics.

I thought they'd destroyed him. But, they hadn't. In the smoldering ashes of '84 he'd sworn a quest, a 12 month, 100 game grailed quest that would end back where they'd tried so hard to eradicate him. It ended with Dick Stockton & Heinsohn, tight lipped, flat earred and ashen faced talking in hushed tones to a national television audience. It was like church, like somebody had died, like assassination had occurred.

Magic

Those words, Cubby, those words. You're a natural writer.

Thread
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Those words, Cubby, those words. You're a natural writer.

Thank you, ez.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Having to relive the Reagan years to find a burn:lol

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Having to relive the Reagan years to find a burn:lol

18-35

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
18-35

:lolthat doesn't work on me, im hoping we catch the Bucks

irishock
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Fucking coon failing to realize that every loss is a win for the Lakers.

UZER
02-18-2014, 10:58 PM
:lolthat doesn't work on me, im hoping we catch the Bucks

'Im rubber, your glue' would've been more effective.

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Fucking coon failing to realize that every loss is a win for the Lakers.

Not if they trade that pick and Pau for klove.

irishock
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Not if they trade that pick and Pau for klove.

:lol yeah, that's a great deal for the Lakers as if they couldn't get him outright in free agency. Let's give up a top 5 pick instead :lmao

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2014, 11:06 PM
:lol yeah, that's a great deal for the Lakers as if they couldn't get him outright in free agency. Let's give up a top 5 pick instead :lmao

I remember hearing that one when they traded for Dwight.

irishock
02-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Oh I don't know... maybe the Lakers didn't have cap space to sign him to a max deal?

Killakobe81
02-18-2014, 11:34 PM

Magic

It was one of the worst feeling sin sports I ever experienced. Wasn't a rabid NBA fan yet I was much too young b...ut that series and that summer of regret sealed it for me. The celts took our cookie by slamming Rambis and taking back homecourt advantage at the Forum. As cully and I have mentioned sure the titles since help salve the wound a bit but the scar remains. And it wasn't our coach to blame. Magic, Kareem Worthy 3 HOF'ers all contributed to our demise.

It still hurts. Not as much as it did in 84/85 ... but it does. The tiles help, ask Dallas. But when titles slip through your hero's grasp you will always remember. Where you were, the key plays and the pain.