PDA

View Full Version : We love Parker, but we look like more of a team without him

testies
02-19-2014, 12:39 AM
We acutally looks like Spurs.. Defense is 50% better wihtout him, and Mills offense actually looks on par with TP this season... I know, I know, in playoffs its different.. Lets discuss this subject

Mikeanaro
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
I agree, Patty needs his good minutes to score and move the ball without thinking he is gonna eat bench in less than a minute.

testies
02-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Mills in 2014 is a superior player (adding d+o) to Parker... I said it

pgardn
02-19-2014, 12:52 AM
We are making some very tough shots tonight.
Tony definitely gets us easier shots.

eyeh8u
02-19-2014, 12:59 AM
ive been having dreams of trading tony and junk contracts for gasol for months now.

testies
02-19-2014, 01:00 AM
We are making some very tough shots tonight.
Tony definitely gets us easier shots.

I actually feel the opposite.. We are using the system more now and getting easier shots

apalisoc_9
02-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Bruno

Sean Cagney
02-19-2014, 01:01 AM
ive been having dreams of trading tony and junk contracts for gasol for months now.

Well that won't happen so your dream will not come true there.

The Spurs are not better long term without Tony! Come on now people yes a few games or so but we will need that guy for a playoff run, period.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-19-2014, 01:02 AM
We will see how Parker looks after an extended rest and injury free.

TheGreatYacht
02-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Smh here we go

Russo21
02-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Mills for MIP Little Aussie is averaging 19pts 56%FG and 46% 3PTFG in last 5.

lefty
02-19-2014, 01:05 AM
We will see how Parker looks after an extended rest and injury free.
A healthier choking Enrique

TheGreatYacht
02-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Parker plays hurt = ST cries for him to rest

Parker rests = ST talks shit for listening

Parker comes up clutch in the 4th = ST labels him a ball hog

Manu gets 8 turnovers in the Finals = Not his fault, Kawhi missed a FT

YOU CAN'T SATISFY PEOPLE... UNLESS YOU SPEAK SPANISH

pgardn
02-19-2014, 01:07 AM
I actually feel the opposite.. We are using the system more now and getting easier shots

Not in the critical parts of the 4th. Belli and Mills hit some very tough shots. I would call them forced except they went in tonight. We will not win a championship with Parker injured.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Not in the critical parts of the 4th. Belli and Mills hit some very tough shots. I would call them forced except they went in tonight. We will not win a championship with Parker injured.PERIOD end of STORY!!!!!!!!!

testies
02-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Parker plays hurt = ST cries for him to rest

Parker rests = ST talks shit for listening

Parker comes up clutch in the 4th = ST labels him a ball hog

Manu gets 8 turnovers in the Finals = Not his fault, Kawhi missed a FT

YOU CAN'T SATISFY PEOPLE... UNLESS YOU SPEAK SPANISH

andate a cagar flaco.. mills es aussie y habla ingles

freetiago
02-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Mills play makes some interesting rotations for when the team is healthy
I think Marco has to lose the most minutes from it but its not like hes been a bad player either
hes been an elite offensive player and when/if he ever goes back to being a bench player he should be even better especially if he plays with Manu
I know Parker will probably play 30ish minutes when he comes back but Mills deserves more then 15-18 minutes a game

cd021
02-19-2014, 01:21 AM
Joseph had solid outing. He is looking more and more like an NBA player. Who knew? Spurs didn't need to cross match very often, Joseph was able to cover Paul straight up. Took shots he knew he could make :tu

ElNono
02-19-2014, 01:22 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

TheGoldStandard
02-19-2014, 01:24 AM
lol.. this is a pretty dumb thread.

RD2191
02-19-2014, 01:28 AM
fucking retarded

Calispursfan11
02-19-2014, 01:29 AM
We acutally looks like Spurs.. Defense is 50% better wihtout him, and Mills offense actually looks on par with TP this season... I know, I know, in playoffs its different.. Lets discuss this subject

Did you name yourself after a ballsac tbh?

Chinook
02-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Joseph had solid outing. He is looking more and more like an NBA player. Who knew? Spurs didn't need to cross match very often, Joseph was able to cover Paul straight up. Took shots he knew he could make :tu

Yeah, Cory and Patty make a great PG tandem. Hopefully they use this time to get even better. It could turn out that backup PG is a strength in the playoffs, not a weakness.

Juggity
02-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Without Parker, the spurs don't have enough weapons to win in the playoffs. And for all his faults, we know at least that Tony comes through in the postseason if healthy.

Biernutz
02-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Not another Tony hate thread........

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/killthisthread.jpg

DesignatedT
02-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Lol

Mikeanaro
02-19-2014, 01:49 AM
andate a cagar flaco.. mills es aussie y habla ingles
JAJA! BUENA RESPUESTA!

Kool Bob Love
02-19-2014, 01:56 AM
In.

eyeh8u
02-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Well that won't happen so your dream will not come true there.

The Spurs are not better long term without Tony! Come on now people yes a few games or so but we will need that guy for a playoff run, period.

These arent dreams as in hopes, these are real dreams i have at night. I think it started when I fell alseep at my desk playing around with the "trade machine"

As for being better without him, I agree, if that is the only part of the equation, but if you add a formidable big when subtracting parker, I would beg to differ. Although all is for naught I supposed, prognostication for poops and giggles, I dont think much is happening in the way of deals for the spurs this season.

Cry Havoc
02-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Spurs fans are some of the most idiotic in the NBA.

eyeh8u
02-19-2014, 02:10 AM

Spurs fans are some of the most hyperbolic in the NBA

SpursFan86
02-19-2014, 02:10 AM
I love Patty as much as the next guy...but seriously? Y'all can't really be dumb enough to think Patty > Tony...right?

Ditty
02-19-2014, 02:11 AM
I love Patty Mills myself but I don't think anyone can take over a game like this on this team...

yPPMOxoKM8o

Goodnight...

apalisoc_9
02-19-2014, 02:22 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

:lol

Cry Havoc
02-19-2014, 02:32 AM
Spurs fans are some of the most hyperbolic in the NBA

You're right. There's a ton of other NBA fanbases that would take a former MVP candidate who's never caused team chemistry issues, who's clearly not been 100% and say the team is better off without him.

Oh wait, actually, I really can't think of another fanbase who would sell a player down the river like that, except maybe the Lakers.

hater
02-19-2014, 02:34 AM
The Clips sweep us out of the playoffs without Parker.

/thread

tim_duncan_fan
02-19-2014, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't say he never caused chemistry issues.

He did at least try to fuck Mrs. Brent Barry.

Kidd K
02-19-2014, 02:42 AM
Yeah, this team is not better off without TP. In fact we're probably a 1st round knockout without TP. The guy's been the 2nd most important player on the Spurs for a long time. One would think hindsight would help fans better appreciate the guy, but apparently no one's gonna give a fuck 'til he's gone and it's like whoops, yeah actually TP was pretty fuckin great.

I wouldn't say he never caused chemistry issues.

He did at least try to fuck Mrs. Brent Barry.

Technically they just exchanged dick pics and ass pics and shit. Allegedly.

No proof of him actually going balls deep in Brent's wife has surfaced. He prolly did, but let's stick to the facts we got.

TJastal
02-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Mills for MIP Little Aussie is averaging 19pts 56%FG and 46% 3PTFG in last 5.

but but but... they were all against scrub teams so who cares right?

TJastal
02-19-2014, 06:17 AM

Everyone in the starting lineup recorded more assists than coblows. And apparently its ok for coblow to foul every 6 minutes but if Baynes were to do the same he'd be called out. Love your double standards. No wonder nothing you say is to be really taken seriously.

Brazil
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
George Hill flash back...

Prime Time
02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Are we talking about Tony Parker or that limping puppet we've had for the majority of this season?

eyeh8u
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
You're right. There's a ton of other NBA fanbases that would take a former MVP candidate who's never caused team chemistry issues, who's clearly not been 100% and say the team is better off without him.

Oh wait, actually, I really can't think of another fanbase who would sell a player down the river like that, except maybe the Lakers.

I dont think many people believe that solely removing Parker makes the team better, but also taking in to account a possible piece that can be brought through a hypothetical deal, and that is a the part many hyperboliacs seem to ignore. My main point of contention though is that everyone just uses hyberbolic name calling to shut up an opposing view, and then they say "this forum has really fell off. this forum sucks now!" Sure there are trolls that will scream to get attention, but sometimes the opposing view might have some merit.

Bambililos
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
I agree. The Spurs are a very good team with a proven system, and right now they work better without him, than with a banged-up TP who doesn't finish layups, stalls the offense and is late on defense. But universally? Nah. The Spurs will go as far in the playoffs as where Tony leads them. We better hope he rests enough to be deadly in PO.

Diego20
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM

Because you say it? YEAH, must be true.

:lol:lol

Who the hell you think you are? Discuss the thread pls and don't say bs.

cd021
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Everyone in the starting lineup recorded more assists than coblows. And apparently its ok for coblow to foul every 6 minutes but if Baynes were to do the same he'd be called out. Love your double standards. No wonder nothing you say is to be really taken seriously.

:lol did you notice that Cojo was the primary on Paul? Paul certainly struggled last night. Baynes fouls at a ridiculous clip (and its not just because of hacking). Cojo has certainly played well of late.

in February

Games-8 (Record 6-2)

PPG-8.8

RPG-2.9

APG-3.1

SPG-1.5

MPG-28.5

Net rating- +12

TFG%-56%

He also in that span his, minute to foul rate in 13:1:lmao not quite the 6 minutes you suggesting.

If you have been paying any attention to my post, i've been largely critical or both Baynes and Cojo (mostly Cojo because we used a 1st rounder on him and he can't even earn a backup PG spot). He has played well of late as I stated earlier.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 12:43 AM
These arent dreams as in hopes, these are real dreams i have at night. I think it started when I fell alseep at my desk playing around with the "trade machine"

As for being better without him, I agree, if that is the only part of the equation, but if you add a formidable big when subtracting parker, I would beg to differ. Although all is for naught I supposed, prognostication for poops and giggles, I dont think much is happening in the way of deals for the spurs this season.
Yes the old trade machine! Where dreams are born! They are not reality though :lol.

I agree though on them being better without him, thats nuts! they will figure out Patty sooner or later and put a stop to that barrage he is doing and some will call for Tony to come back. Good win tonight yes, very good but we will need TONY back at the end of the year no doubt. Let him rest now, he needs it and we will need him later.

Kool Bob Love
02-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Patty Claxton! :flag:

TheGoldStandard
02-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Yes the old trade machine! Where dreams are born! They are not reality though :lol.

I agree though on them being better without him, thats nuts! they will figure out Patty sooner or later and put a stop to that barrage he is doing and some will call for Tony to come back. Good win tonight yes, very good but we will need TONY back at the end of the year no doubt. Let him rest now, he needs it and we will need him later.

So many shots to get his points and 2 assists against Portland.. Sure they give us shit all the time but there defense is pretty shitty too.. A healthy Parker makes this team flow better but Patty coming off the bench will be huge if he can sustain this.

Cry Havoc
02-20-2014, 12:51 AM
I dont think many people believe that solely removing Parker makes the team better, but also taking in to account a possible piece that can be brought through a hypothetical deal, and that is a the part many hyperboliacs seem to ignore. My main point of contention though is that everyone just uses hyberbolic name calling to shut up an opposing view, and then they say "this forum has really fell off. this forum sucks now!" Sure there are trolls that will scream to get attention, but sometimes the opposing view might have some merit.

I agree. However, the OP could have posted it in one of the other 1500 threads regarding this issue. That's the problem.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 12:56 AM
I agree. However, the OP could have posted it in one of the other 1500 threads regarding this issue. That's the problem.
Damn right.
So many shots to get his points and 2 assists against Portland.. Sure they give us shit all the time but there defense is pretty shitty too.. A healthy Parker makes this team flow better but Patty coming off the bench will be huge if he can sustain this.

Correct.

testies
02-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Steve Kerr always says, championship teams need to get multiple stops.. With Parker and older Timmy, we simply can't get multiple stops in crunch time.

Parker era is over, unfortunantely.. Mills should start

TheGoldStandard
02-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Steve Kerr always says, championship teams need to get multiple stops.. With Parker and older Timmy, we simply can't get multiple stops in crunch time.

Parker era is over, unfortunantely.. Mills should start

In a 7 game series where coaches can game plan Mills would be in trouble. A healthy Parker is an elite player both scoring and distributing but Mills adds that dimension to the bench that can lead to us sustaining leads or building on them in the playoffs.

TJastal
02-20-2014, 02:15 AM
In a 7 game series where coaches can game plan Mills would be in trouble. A healthy Parker is an elite player both scoring and distributing but Mills adds that dimension to the bench that can lead to us sustaining leads or building on them in the playoffs.

Ahh right. As i recall the heat also had several games to gameplan Barea in the '10 finals before the mavs moved him into the starting lineup. How'd all that gameplanning work out for them?

TJastal
02-20-2014, 02:22 AM
:lol did you notice that Cojo was the primary on Paul? Paul certainly struggled last night. Baynes fouls at a ridiculous clip (and its not just because of hacking). Cojo has certainly played well of late.

in February

Games-8 (Record 6-2)

PPG-8.8

RPG-2.9

APG-3.1

SPG-1.5

MPG-28.5

Net rating- +12

TFG%-56%

He also in that span his, minute to foul rate in 13:1:lmao not quite the 6 minutes you suggesting.

If you have been paying any attention to my post, i've been largely critical or both Baynes and Cojo (mostly Cojo because we used a 1st rounder on him and he can't even earn a backup PG spot). He has played well of late as I stated earlier.

Well another stellar game from coblows. 0-4 zero points in 24 minutes. I guess the scorekeeper took pity on him wnd gave him some hockey assists so his statline wouldn't read all zeroes. Looking more and more like an nba player huh?

cd021
02-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Well another stellar game from coblows. 0-4 zero points in 24 minutes. I guess the scorekeeper took pity on him wnd gave him some hockey assists so his statline wouldn't read all zeroes. Looking more and more like an nba player huh?

I love how you waited till we played another game before commenting. You clearly did that to see if he struggled so you wouldn't have to acknowledge his recent solid play.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2014, 03:05 AM
If Parker had 29 points on 26 shots and only two assists, ST would be talking about how tired and worn down he looks.

EDIT: Apparently ESPN's box score is wrong. Patty had 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Mah bad.

eyeh8u
02-20-2014, 12:03 PM

But at the moment that is all we fans have to speculate about, he is in many ways the only movable piece that would net the team something, if he were traded, no matter how unlikely that is. Call it being spoiled or whatever, but many fans are trying to play pseudoGM to try to figure out a way to we a championship, mix that with attention-wanted and you get a billion of these types of there, although what the OP said is quite tame and even acknowledged parker more likely to have a better performance in the playoffs.

I would rather the forum get rid of the misogyny and racism more than threads like it.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Of course the Spurs are better with a healthy and motivated Parker, I don't think even the biggest Parker would dispute that, tbh..

However, when a high-usage player like Parker is struggling, which has been the case since December or so, it kills the team, obviously..it's exacerbated by his complete lack of effort and mobility on defense, too..a healthy Parker makes the Spurs an elite team, but the injured, fatigued Parker is a liability, as we have seen the past 2 months..