PDA

View Full Version : Is Chad Kroeger (Nickleback) the most important musician of our lifetime?

Spanklin
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
I can't think of anyone more influential the last dozen years and wonder where everyone else ranks him.

He's broken just about every record there is and is constantly producing some of the best music out there. He single-handedly built My Darkest Days from nothing into a hit machine, and recently resurrected Avril Lavigne's career.

Nickleback is also responsible for building this new genre of rock-pop that allowed bands likeThree Days Grace, Muse, Theory of A Deadman, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, & The Black Keys to go mainstream. They also laid the foundation for Metallica to resurrect their dead corpse of a band into something respectable. Kroeger's influence in Metallica's cover of Turn the Page is over-the-top obvious.

Medvedenko
02-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Kill yourself

JudynTX
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
He needs to DIAF.

The Reckoning
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
10/10

DarrinS
02-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Is this a joke?

Brazil
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
:lol

GoodOdor
02-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Too good.

Spanklin
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
10/10

That's what I was thinking and I think it's pretty much consensus at this point. Nobody hates Chad Kroeger except a few old white guys who are 20 years out of touch with what good music is. They pretend to hate him while really being closet Nickleback fans. Even my old man, who raised me on that shitty outlaw country and garbage country rock like The Eagles and Three Dog Night, is a fan of the Nickleback (and spillover success bands like Coldplay).

Spanklin
02-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Too good.

You can never be too good at music. Well, maybe Kanye West tried to be too good with that Yeezus trash. Sometimes you try to push the envelop too far and plunge your Segway over the cliff. That's what Kanye did there. I don't recall Nickleback ever being threatened of being too good in that sense.

hehateme
02-19-2014, 05:01 PM
troll ability confirmed

ginobili's bald spot
02-19-2014, 10:55 PM
I like the cut of your jib, new guy.

Big Empty
02-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Lol i like nickelback but thats way over the top

Avante
02-19-2014, 11:21 PM
I can't think of anyone more influential the last dozen years and wonder where everyone else ranks him.

He's broken just about every record there is and is constantly producing some of the best music out there. He single-handedly built My Darkest Days from nothing into a hit machine, and recently resurrected Avril Lavigne's career.

Nickleback is also responsible for building this new genre of rock-pop that allowed bands likeThree Days Grace, Muse, Theory of A Deadman, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, & The Black Keys to go mainstream. They also laid the foundation for Metallica to resurrect their dead corpse of a band into something respectable. Kroeger's influence in Metallica's cover of Turn the Page is over-the-top obvious.

You really do need to bone up on musical influenses and the history of it all, Chad Kroeger is not among the true movers and shakers, he's...ok.