PDA

View Full Version : Best Win this season

jkid12456
02-20-2014, 12:45 AM
best win honestly, i feel good for stopping blazers fluke win streak against us on their turf.

cjw
02-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Even without Aldridge playing, Spurs needed that one as a confidence boost. Record against those "top teams" is improving little by little.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 12:50 AM
I said this tonight while watching the game, yes this one and last nights game were the best wins this season! PERIOD.

I have to throw the GS game too when most sat that night and they went in there and won as well, those three games are the best wins they have had all year long.

TheGoldStandard
02-20-2014, 12:51 AM
2-0 now during the real season (after all star break) I'd love to take OKC to the woodshed though, that's the real test.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 12:52 AM
2-0 now during the real season (after all star break) I'd love to take OKC to the woodshed though, that's the real test.

F OKC! I agree though.

ezau
02-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Best win was against Golden State without the Big Three earlier this year.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Best win was against Golden State without the Big Three earlier this year.
I mentioned that too, thinking back you are fully correct that was the best. This one and then Clips last night the other one, all three were very good wins.

Robz4000
02-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Best win was either yesterday at the Clippers or that game against the Wizards imo.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 02:55 AM
Best win was either yesterday at the Clippers or that game against the Wizards imo.

Pop said it was the one against the Wizards as far as best this year, but that was before these last two! I got the Clips as the best and Warriors second.

ezau
02-20-2014, 04:37 AM
I mentioned that too, thinking back you are fully correct that was the best. This one and then Clips last night the other one, all three were very good wins.

Yes, agreed.

MoSpur
02-20-2014, 07:12 AM
I liked the win against Washington and the Clippers. The Blazers were without Aldridge and it makes a huge difference even though the Spurs were without Tim, Tony, and Kawhi. Don't get me wrong though. Last night was a great game to win.

ajballer4
02-20-2014, 08:53 AM
All the above mentioned were fantastic wins.

Tbiggums47
02-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Yup...It's definitely their best effort of the season...I smell a championship run coming.......If the November Spurs return? Look Out?
Yes, agreed.

dg7md
02-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Hopefully things are turning a corner for a legitimate shot at the Finals we were so close to. I think we went into this ASB with the worst feeling 2nd best record in the West. :lol

02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
There's still a shot at best record with Indy not doing to so good against West teams, and Maybe WB messes up OKC's rhythm

ElNono
02-20-2014, 11:36 AM
I mentioned it in other threads, but it bears repeating. The fact that the Blazers gets so whiny and pissy at home makes this win much more enjoyable.

rascal
02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Spurs can beat the Blazers without Aldridge.

Pako
02-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, one great thing I noticed from this game. Lopez can't guard pick and roll when Patty is involved....That will be a great offensive option if we faced them in playoff...

timtonymanu
02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Considering we always lose to Portland, this was a great win.

And just like ElNono said, the Blazers are a whiny team. They're definitely a 1st round exit, HCA or not.

StoneBuddha
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Well, one great thing I noticed from this game. Lopez can't guard pick and roll when Patty is involved....That will be a great offensive option if we faced them in playoff...

Agreed. That was a great sign. It looks like Patty can get his normal minutes against the Trailblazers. One of the big concerns with OKC is that he looks too small to guard Jackson so they have to mix things up.

Horse
02-20-2014, 01:41 PM
They got every call and atleast in the first half every bounce and we still beat em. They're to easy to turn into a jump shooting team that will be their downfall come playoff time.

DMC
02-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Spurs can beat the Blazers without Aldridge.

Without Parker, Duncan and Leonard, they aren't really the Spurs, at least not in the sense of the imbalanced equation you've used.

rascal
02-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Without Parker, Duncan and Leonard, they aren't really the Spurs, at least not in the sense of the imbalanced equation you've used.

What i am saying is both teams will be differentcome playoff time and it is a new game. the Spurs could not beat them earlier this year with both teams more like the way they will be in the playoffs, then this last game. Don't go jumping for joy after this result because it doesn't show much of anything, both teams will be different and it is really a shame both teams were not healthy to get a better guage on the teams at this stage in the season.

A couple 3 years ago when the spurs were beating injured top teams everyone was all excited because the Spurs were winning but the bottom line was they were beating a lot of injured teams along the way and getting a fat record. Memphis ended taking them out in the first round that year.

rascal
02-20-2014, 03:00 PM

You could make the claim on this night the Spurs were the deeper team because their backups played well enough to get a win and that is about all you can take out of it.

DMC
02-20-2014, 03:12 PM
You could make the claim on this night the Spurs were the deeper team because their backups played well enough to get a win and that is about all you can take out of it.

You could, but you'd be an idiot.

DMC
02-20-2014, 03:18 PM
What i am saying is both teams will be differentcome playoff time and it is a new game. the Spurs could not beat them earlier this year with both teams more like the way they will be in the playoffs, then this last game. Don't go jumping for joy after this result because it doesn't show much of anything, both teams will be different and it is really a shame both teams were not healthy to get a better guage on the teams at this stage in the season.

A couple 3 years ago when the spurs were beating injured top teams everyone was all excited because the Spurs were winning but the bottom line was they were beating a lot of injured teams along the way and getting a fat record. Memphis ended taking them out in the first round that year.
Sounds like you're basically repeating what I said in another thread but to make a different point.

Your point: Teams without their stars aren't the same

The reason for your point: Our team without three of it's stars beat theirs without one of their stars.

The Spurs a couple 3 years ago (whatever that means) weren't playing with Tim, Tony and a 3rd starter on the bench in street clothes, with their center and Manu on their first games back.

If it's not really the Blazers, then it's even more so not really the Spurs. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.