PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Can Still Win The Big Games

Biernutz
02-20-2014, 01:27 AM
A back to back with two of the leading teams in the Western Conference. After dropping games
before the break to some of the top teams in the west, the Spurs came back on a B to B games to to win
against upper tier playoff teams. With starters sitting it was the bench who took it
to the Clippers and the Blazers. The Spurs bench would be a top 5 team in the East. Things
will work out after all the starters come back. Tonight's game showed there is still a lot of life
in a team that many on this forum wanted to send to the lottery just a few weeks ago.
Have some faith in your team .....stop being a bunch of loser pussy's.

testies
02-20-2014, 01:34 AM
I wanna see us win with Parker..

Sean Cagney
02-20-2014, 02:13 AM
I wanna see us win with Parker..Well they won three titles with him and went to the Finals and almost won with him last year! I guess we have won with that guy huh?

rascal
02-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Can't take nothing out of these games with injured top players missing on both teams.

rascal
02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Spurs record against fully healthy top teams is still bad.

02-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Well they won three titles with him and went to the Finals and almost won with him last year! I guess we have won with that guy huh?

this

Jeez, so many "what have you done for me lately" fans on here. It's sickening.

Mel_13
02-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Can't take nothing out of these games with injured top players missing on both teams.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jP2CG_ZpxJA/T5m-b05o72I/AAAAAAAAPhs/SMvCehhMcW8/s1600/brokenrecord.jpg

Cry Havoc
02-20-2014, 10:14 AM

You mean the spurs record against top teams in the meaningless part of the regular season is bad.

look_at_g_shred
02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
There's never an asterisk next to wins against us when we have one or more of the big three out. So why should our wins against top teams not count when some of their players are hurt?

Knoxxx
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Who on the Clippers was hurt? It looked like their usual cast of clowns to me.

I will add we beat them down and Duncan was epic taking that no talent D Jordan to school again and again.

bigfan
02-20-2014, 10:37 AM
A lot of it is mental and has to do with momentum, especially at the end of the season. We are jelling just about the right time.

DMC
02-20-2014, 10:43 AM
When the playoffs come around we'll know where we stand. Our regular season record against good or bad teams hasn't really translated into playoff wins. That has a lot more to do with seeding, how healthy other playoff teams are when they get there, and whether or not we run into a hot team. We've lost to an 8th seed as a 1st seed in a year where we were 26 and 19 against >.500 teams. We lost to a team that was 20 and 24 against >.500 teams. Dallas won it all, and they were a game or two worse. Indiana is 11 and 8 against .>500 teams.

The West is pretty much neck and neck regarding records against >.500 teams after OKC. Everyone outside the top 5 or 6 in the West has a below .500 record against those teams. That's because Miami is 14 and 4 and OKC is 17 and 6. These two teams are the reapers. They are all we really need to worry about. The other teams are beatable. We probably don't stand much of a chance against a fully healthy OKC team unless RW's return means a chaotic chemistry issue. If we get past these guys and if we face Miami again in the post season, it will come down to streaky shooting and defense and hope like hell Lebron has a bad game or two. However, if we get to that point, we're golden.

Last year we finished 2 games back of OKC. We are 3 games back of OKC at the moment. As much as things seem different, the end result will likely be pretty similar. If OKC remains healthy, they probably face Miami in the Finals.

Fireball
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM

I will add we beat them down and Duncan was epic taking that no talent D Jordan to school again and again. A Clippers blogger actually stated in a preview video on 48MoH that if the Spurs win against L.A., there would be an asterisk because JJ Reddick is not playing ... that was the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

ElNono
02-20-2014, 11:34 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jP2CG_ZpxJA/T5m-b05o72I/AAAAAAAAPhs/SMvCehhMcW8/s1600/brokenrecord.jpg

:lol, tbh

rascal
02-20-2014, 12:14 PM
When the playoffs come around we'll know where we stand. Our regular season record against good or bad teams hasn't really translated into playoff wins. That has a lot more to do with seeding, how healthy other playoff teams are when they get there, and whether or not we run into a hot team. We've lost to an 8th seed as a 1st seed in a year where we were 26 and 19 against >.500 teams. We lost to a team that was 20 and 24 against >.500 teams. Dallas won it all, and they were a game or two worse. Indiana is 11 and 8 against .>500 teams.

The West is pretty much neck and neck regarding records against >.500 teams after OKC. Everyone outside the top 5 or 6 in the West has a below .500 record against those teams. That's because Miami is 14 and 4 and OKC is 17 and 6. These two teams are the reapers. They are all we really need to worry about. The other teams are beatable. We probably don't stand much of a chance against a fully healthy OKC team unless RW's return means a chaotic chemistry issue. If we get past these guys and if we face Miami again in the post season, it will come down to streaky shooting and defense and hope like hell Lebron has a bad game or two. However, if we get to that point, we're golden.

Last year we finished 2 games back of OKC. We are 3 games back of OKC at the moment. As much as things seem different, the end result will likely be pretty similar. If OKC remains healthy, they probably face Miami in the Finals.

You need to look into each game to get a more accurate picture. Many of those Spur wins were against above .500 teams missing their top player. I remember because the Spurs have had a history in the last few years of fattening up on the weak teams and catching big breaks in the schedule playing teams with injured stars then their fan base gets all pumped up expecting a title only to watch them fall to the first healthy top contender.

Mel_13
02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
You need to look into each game to get a more accurate picture. Many of those Spur wins were against above .500 teams missing their top player. I remember because the Spurs have had a history in the last few years of fattening up on the weak teams and catching big breaks in the schedule playing teams with injured stars then their fan base gets all pumped up expecting a title only to watch them fall to the first healthy top contender.

http://www.stockami.com/tz/5994/98745/stock-illustration-broken-record.jpg

spurs1990
02-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Oklahoma isn't a shoe-in. It's tbd how lamb, Jackson and Adams perform under playoff pressure.

Now the grim servant getting every conceivable call under the sun is pretty much expected.

james evans
02-20-2014, 12:51 PM

I will add we beat them down and Duncan was epic taking that no talent D Jordan to school again and again.
i guess people are referring to the "great" jj reddick being out the other night.

james evans
02-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Oklahoma isn't a shoe-in. It's tbd how lamb, Jackson and Adams perform under playoff pressure.

Now the grim servant getting every conceivable call under the sun is pretty much expected.
with westbrooke back, hopefully him and durant will take every shot

Clipper Nation
02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
A Clippers blogger actually stated in a preview video on 48MoH that if the Spurs win against L.A., there would be an asterisk because JJ Reddick is not playing ... that was the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
Redick is more important than you'd think.... probably the most consistent shooter on the team and Blake could have used the help, tbh....

Horse
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM
We saw last night portland is not ready. Now ofcourse aldrige help but an experience team like our will turn them into a jump shooting team come playoff time.

Beaverfuzz
02-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Portland is fifth in the West, hardly leading. That said, it's a very good B2B on the road 2-0 sweep, with one more game vs Phoenix before taking a well rested break into a home stand.