PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: If We Keep Losing At Our Current Pace We Could End Up With The #5 Pick In The Draft

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 07:25 PM
If we keep losing at our current pace and get a bit lucky with the ping-pong balls.... we could wind up near the top five. Regardless of where exactly the pick is....we'll have a number of possibilities and a range of supremely talented players to choose from.

Worse case let’s say we end up picking at #9, depending on the direction management decides to go, realistic options include do-it-all Croatian forward Dario Saric...or defensive stopper and shot-blocking beast Willie Cauley-Stein from Kentucky....

At the guard spots we could go with smooth shooting guard Gary Harris from Michigan State or lanky scorer Rodney Hood from Duke... or even Zach LaVine a freak athlete on the wing from UCLA.

Any of the above players would be awesome and contribute immediately....but as projected if we keep losing and end up with the No. 5 pick.

It's obvious we need a point guard.... and at #5 (if he’s still available), we're snagging Dante Exum. He can play the 1 or 2, has unfair quickness and would be an All-Star in no time. If he got the chance to learn under Kobe for a year or two the possibilities would be endless....then we snag K Love in 2015 if Minny is stupid and won't trade him outright..We could still land Melo if he and Love split salaries...

DPG21920
02-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Lakers losing :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Lakers losing :lmao

It doesn't matter deepy...the result of the Spurs winning and the Lakers losing will be the same...no championship in 2014..the advantage we have is we're about to snag a top 5 prospect and start rebuilding on the fly...

DMC
02-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Zippity do dah I sho nuff be glads dem Lakers is a losin'... sho do... mmmm hmmm...

Killakobe81
02-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Top 5?! Lakers staring at a top/bottom 3 pick. Lakers need the top freshman to declare and draft well problem is I don't trust any of em not a game changer in the bunch.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Top 5?! Lakers staring at a top/bottom 3 pick. Lakers need the top freshman to declare and draft well problem is I don't trust any of em not a game changer in the bunch.

we gone get 4 or 5...Exum is ours :toast

Killakobe81
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
So I hope we get Parker or Wiggins and they put up crazy inflated numbers in mike d system and we can somehow flip them in to Durant or Paul George ...not sure anyone in this draft is as good as PG and he aint no Durant either.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 07:41 PM
So I hope we get Parker or Wiggins and they put up crazy inflated numbers in mike d system and we can somehow flip them in to Durant or Paul George ...not sure anyone in this draft is as good as PG and he aint no Durant either.

Luva says Wiggins is overrated...Durant will be in LA in 2016 if his ass don't ring

HemisfairArena
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM
....and with the #1 pick...the Los Angeles Lakers select Embiid....Kwame Brown part 2.

Rogue
02-20-2014, 10:28 PM
besides good luck it also takes a wise GM to make a successful draft, which the Lakers don't have.

RsxPiimp
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Embiid is my nigga.

Thread
02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
I'd take that pick and go door-to-door with it.

Bulaien999
02-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Hope Lakers win enough games to be the 9th seed

LkrFan
02-21-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm now on the Exum bandwagon. Embiid is already showing signs of being injury prone. I think Wiggins is overrated. Parker will be a Melo type player - an all star, but not a champion as an alpha. Smart, is well, dumb :lol. I don't know too much about the kid in Arizona. Ennis seems like a young Mike Bibby-type.

Brings me back to Exum. 6'6", rail thin and could stand to pack on about 10lbs of muscle, gets to the rim with ease, but he needs to work on his jumper (very doable). He's what Shaun Livingston was supposed to be coming in to the league before his devastating leg injury. He's a big PG who could also eventually play SG and SF to provide some versatility to our lineup.

Since we're not winning jackshit in the next few years, it stands to reason that we develop our PG of the future. It's a perimeter driven league now. The Lakers would be wise to draft this kid IMO.

JMarkJohns
02-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Gordon needs a lot of work on offense. But he's elite level athletic/quick/springy in the prime Marion level. He needs to get stronger, but has the frame to support a Blake Griffin weight. He's an elite rebounder who should be a 9-10 from SF or 11-12 from PF. Can defend SG-PF at the NBA level. Good vision and improving passing skills. Has led the break for Arizona many times with success. He hustles, and is coachable.

But he is pushed off position near the basket, struggles absorbing contact near the rim, and is a horrid shooter.

Reminds me a lot of Marion early. Best case, Marion/Griffin hybrid, but it'll take his rookie contract to get good on offense. Beyond offensive rebounding and passing, he's just not an offensive player.

Still worth a top-10, though. Crazy potential. Needs strength and shooting.

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm now on the Exum bandwagon. Embiid is already showing signs of being injury prone. I think Wiggins is overrated. Parker will be a Melo type player - an all star, but not a champion as an alpha. Smart, is well, dumb :lol. I don't know too much about the kid in Arizona. Ennis seems like a young Mike Bibby-type.

Brings me back to Exum. 6'6", rail thin and could stand to pack on about 10lbs of muscle, gets to the rim with ease, but he needs to work on his jumper (very doable). He's what Shaun Livingston was supposed to be coming in to the league before his devastating leg injury. He's a big PG who could also eventually play SG and SF to provide some versatility to our lineup.

Since we're not winning jackshit in the next few years, it stands to reason that we develop our PG of the future. It's a perimeter driven league now. The Lakers would be wise to draft this kid IMO.

Exum will likely be the next MJ> Kobe> Exum..dude just has that look in his eyes with a little work he'll be an All-star by his 3rd year...

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I'd take that pick and go door-to-door with it.

Im with you I dont have much faith in these cats ...Exum sounds good and I saw the Nike Hoops summit footage.
But like many have said a project is Ok since we wont be contending for AT LEAST two years ...

JMarkJohns
02-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Gordon needs a lot of work on offense. But he's elite level athletic/quick/springy in the prime Marion... Best case, Marion/Griffin hybrid.

Still worth a top-10, though. Crazy potential. Needs strength and shooting.

Kid can fly...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/MainEvent5/840451710_zpsdd328066.gif

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 08:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/z7vK5vr.png

HemisfairArena
05-20-2014, 09:00 PM

LMAO.

Splits
05-20-2014, 09:01 PM