PDA

View Full Version : NBA: 3 on 3 Prime Match-up: Kobe, Lebron, Duncan vs. MJ, Magic, and Kareem

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:00 PM
who wins? :lmao I would like to pick Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, but I have a feeling Kareem would eat Duncan alive...

I think Kobe and Lebron would hold their own against MJ and Magic but Duncan would cost them the game tbh...Kareem would feast down low :lol

Clipper Nation
02-20-2014, 08:01 PM
MJ/Magic/Kareem, mainly because Kirby would chuck his team out of it....

irishock
02-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Team with LeBron

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:02 PM

nowhere did I mention CP0...get out of the discussion kid :lol this is a conversation for Champs for ring bearers :lmao

MeloHype
02-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Pretty much this

HemisfairArena
02-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Kobrick and LeBron would fight over the ball and chuck bricks while Duncan wouldnt get a touch in the paint.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Kobrick and LeBron would fight over the ball and chuck bricks while Duncan wouldnt get a touch in the paint.

you mean like this:

3O00G3wNBAU

or like this:

jELrZ32qrMI

HemisfairArena
02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Do you really want me to post all the you tube vids of Kobrick clanking shot after shot? There isn't enough space.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Do you really want me to post all the you tube vids of Kobrick clanking shot after shot? There isn't enough space.

be my guest because once you're done it will still be:

Kobe 5
TOSB 4

HemisfairArena
02-20-2014, 08:40 PM
be my guest because once you're done it will still be:

Kobe 5
TOSB 4

You mean....Main players:

Shaq 4
Duncan 4

role players:
Kobe 5
Derek Fisher 5

Arcadian
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
That's actually a close one, but I'm going Lebron/Kobe/Duncan.

Point: Advantage Lebron

Wing: Advantage Jordan

Big: Advantage Duncan

In a one-on-one situation, Duncan would bring too much offensive versatility for Kareem to handle. He would easily maneuver around the giant, using his vast repertoire of mid-range shots and post moves to dismantle the Big Muslim. On the other end, TD is long enough to bother the sky hook - which is literally Kareem's only shot.

I can see an argument that Magic/Jordan/Kareem would have better group cohesion...but honestly, a 3-on-3 pickup game is basically just 3 sets of 1-on-1 most of the time.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:49 PM
That's actually a close one, but I'm going Kobe/Lebron/Duncan.

Wing: Advantage MJ

In a one-on-one situation, Duncan would bring too much offensive versatility for Kareem to handle. He would easily maneuver around the giant, using his vast repertoire of mid-range shots and post moves to dismantle the Big Muslim. On the other end, TD is long enough to bother the sky hook - which is literally Kareem's only shot.

^ :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

retardedness knows no bounds

Arcadian
02-20-2014, 08:51 PM
^ :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

retardedness knows no bounds

I will fuck your mother with your sawed-off dick, faggot.

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
I will fuck your mother with your sawed-off dick, faggot.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

doubling down on autistic imaginations

Rogue
02-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Duncan and Magic would cancel off each other (going elsewhere like a room and playing by just them two), leaving the game a 2vs.2 matchup in which Kobe/Lebron would be fucked because they had no big at all.

Chinook
02-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Lebron's the best player who's ever lived. It's not fair to have the GOAT PF and GOAT second bananna next to him.

TDMVPDPOY
02-20-2014, 10:38 PM
lol paring the coatrider again

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Team with LeBron

Shiiit prime Kareem with Magic and MJ?!
No way they lose.

Brazil
02-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Team with MJ

fify

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
That's actually a close one, but I'm going Lebron/Kobe/Duncan.

Wing: Advantage Jordan

I can see an argument that Magic/Jordan/Kareem would have better group cohesion...but honestly, a 3-on-3 pickup game is basically just 3 sets of 1-on-1 most of the time.

This may be ... one of the dumbest takes in all of Spurstalk ... no offense, but Prime Kareem shits on Timmy and pretty much every center. Wilt and Shaq would be problems due to size/strength and hakeen due to speed but no other center is even close to Jabbar. Especially a smaller one like Tim.

Kareem had more than the skyhook but it wouldnt matter cuz Duncan couldnt stop it.

and you have to keep in mind without a full court James loses some of his advantage (end to end speed) same for Magic. MJ and Kareem are two of the best half-court players of all-time. Kobe and Tim are great at it too ...but I think Kareem would be the biggest edge even more than say Kobe over Magic. Young Magic was not big and slow on defense ... and could at least make Kobe Work on offense. Prime MJ despite being smaller than Lebron would fight him to the death ...as much as I admire James ... IF Kobe could block him, defending 1 on 1 what would prime MJ do?

02-21-2014, 10:41 AM
MJ would take Bron out of the game mentally. Now it's 2 on 3.

AchillesHeel
02-21-2014, 10:45 AM
It ain't fair, tbh, LeGOAT has 2 faggots playing with him.

resistanze
02-21-2014, 11:06 AM
:lol WTF? Duncan is my favorite player of all-time, but he's not doing anything defensively against a prime Kareem.

Arcadian
02-21-2014, 11:24 AM
no offense, but Prime Kareem shits on Timmy and pretty much every center. Wilt and Shaq would be problems due to size/strength and hakeen due to speed but no other center is even close to Jabbar. Especially a smaller one like Tim.

Bullshit. Tim is comparable to every one of those guys you mentioned. Tim might not be as strong as Wilt/Shaq or as fast as Hakeem, but you are exaggerating the difference. And let's not forget the most important dimension: skill.

I'm not shitting on Kareem, either. He's one of my all-time favorite players, and my vote for best Laker ever. But you're viewing him through Lakerfan-tinted glasses, assuming no one could touch him, and that's simply not true.

and you have to keep in mind without a full court James loses some of his advantage (end to end speed) same for Magic. MJ and Kareem are two of the best half-court players of all-time.

Good point. Maybe we can make it a full-court 3-on-3? :lol

Young Magic was not big and slow on defense ... and could at least make Kobe Work on offense. Prime MJ despite being smaller than Lebron would fight him to the death

...What? Magic would matchup with Lebron (the point) and Kobe would matchup with Jordan (the wing).

LkrFan
02-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Magic. MJ. KAJ. On the same team? They would kick their asses. It wouldn't be pretty. :lol

Phillip
02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
This may be ... one of the dumbest takes in all of Spurstalk ... no offense, but Prime Kareem shits on Timmy and pretty much every center. Wilt and Shaq would be problems due to size/strength and hakeen due to speed but no other center is even close to Jabbar. Especially a smaller one like Tim.

I agree that Arcadian had a stupid take (EDIT: or really it wasn't that stupid, but he worded it poorly, almost as if he were suggesting that Duncan would dominate Kareem, although I'm sure that's not what he meant), but OTOH Kareem "shits on" Duncan may be a bit strong. Duncan is awfully good himself and arguably one of the 3 greatest big men ever. They both would give each other plenty of problems, and both are probably a bit too skilled to stop each other. I don't see either one being flat out more dominant than the other. Kareem is a better individual player with a more accomplished career (2nd greatest player ever behind MJ in my opinion), but in a head to head matchup, it's not like Kareem would just drop 50 while Timmy struggles to get 10. They would both make each other work hard.

It's every bit as silly as people who think if Kobe and MJ played 1-on-1 that MJ would dominate with ease. Sure, MJ has unquestionably the better total body of work in his career, and is a better overall basketball player than Kobe, but if they played 1-on-1, it would be a hell of a game, and neither player would flat out dominate. It would be a hard fought game.

and you have to keep in mind without a full court James loses some of his advantage (end to end speed) same for Magic. MJ and Kareem are two of the best half-court players of all-time. Kobe and Tim are great at it too ...but I think Kareem would be the biggest edge even more than say Kobe over Magic. Young Magic was not big and slow on defense ... and could at least make Kobe Work on offense. Prime MJ despite being smaller than Lebron would fight him to the death ...as much as I admire James ... IF Kobe could block him, defending 1 on 1 what would prime MJ do?

I really hope you aren't talking about that block in the ASG where Lebron was clearly putting up a lazy halfhearted shot, that Kobe lovers seem to put so much stock into...

Either way, pretty much every thing you said was probably right, outside of Magic being anything more than a mediocre defender. He was never a good one-on-one defender, and as stated earlier, 3 on 3 is basically 3 separate games of 1-on-1 going on. He wasn't exactly a good 1-on-1 scorer either, especially compared to MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, and Timmy.

Magic would be the problem in this matchup, as he is clearly the weakest link in this type of game. Magic was the ultimate team player, but you are pretty limited in what kind of "team" work you can do in a 3-on-3 halfcourt game.

DMC
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
You mean....Main players:

Shaq 4
Duncan 4

role players:
Kobe 5
Derek Fisher 5

Kerr 5

Horry 7

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 02:53 PM
I agree that Arcadian had a stupid take, but OTOH Kareem "shits on" Duncan may be a bit strong. Duncan is awfully good himself and arguably one of the 3 greatest big men ever. They both would give each other plenty of problems, and both are probably a bit too skilled to stop each other. I don't see either one being flat out more dominant than the other. Kareem is a better individual player with a more accomplished career (2nd greatest player ever behind MJ in my opinion), but in a head to head matchup, it's not like Kareem would just drop 50 while Timmy struggles to get 10. They would both make each other work hard.

It's every bit as silly as people who think if Kobe and MJ played 1-on-1 that MJ would dominate with ease. Sure, MJ has unquestionably the better total body of work in his career, and is a better overall basketball player than Kobe, but if they played 1-on-1, it would be a hell of a game, and neither player would flat out dominate. It would be a hard fought game.

I really hope you aren't talking about that block in the ASG where Lebron was clearly putting up a lazy halfhearted shot, that Kobe lovers seem to put so much stock into...

Either way, pretty much every thing you said was probably right, outside of Magic being anything more than a mediocre defender. He was never a good one-on-one defender, and as stated earlier, 3 on 3 is basically 3 separate games of 1-on-1 going on. He wasn't exactly a good 1-on-1 scorer either, especially compared to MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, and Timmy.

Magic would be the problem in this matchup, as he is clearly the weakest link in this type of game. Magic was the ultimate team player, but you are pretty limited in what kind of "team" work you can do in a 3-on-3 halfcourt game.

Not saying that block was big deal but MJ pretty much laid out that strategy in his MJ@50 interview. The block doesnt mean Kobe is better or anything not implying that but it was Lebron being defended in a 1 on 1 situation and to say he was not trying is a cop out. Especially since Mj we know tries at ALL times. The fact Lebron wasnt trying only strengthens MJ would win argument, not hurt it.

I am not sure how old you are Phillip, because I barely caught the tail end of Kareem's prime. But Going to UCLA I saw a lot of KAreem in college because they play old UCLA games all the time. And since I was in college around the same time as duncan (just behind him) I saw him play a lot of hoops then plus I lived in SA for 3 years. College Kareem is much better than Tim was and that is no knock on Tim, Kareem was THAT good. Kareem is not may favorite Laker tbh out of the ones I met he was the most "aloof" ...but as a player he was better than Duncan in my opinion especially when you consider Kool said "prime". Duncan is one of the 3 best bigs I have ever seen and body of work to me is better than shaq. But when you talk "primes" Kareem>Shaq>Hakeem>duncan. Career wise Kareem>duncan>Shaq>Hakeem.

Again the question was prime one on one and as someone mentioned when you talk 1 on1 Magic and Timmy two of my favorite players are not quite as useful ...but they are two of the alll-time great team-mates and leaders.

I am sorry me being biased has little to do with my thoughts watch old footage of Kareem ...tell me I am wrong.

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Kobe is the worst player out of the six. MJ>Kareem>Magic>Duncan>Lebron>Kobe

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 03:16 PM

In 1 on 1 No, he is not. He is better than duncan or Magic ...
Career wise, Kobe is right there with Duncan.
Lebron still has winning to do to be in that class resume wise. Peak wise he is up there near the top

SupremeGuy
02-21-2014, 03:45 PM
MJ/Magic/Kareem, mainly because Kirby would chuck his team out of it....This, tbh.

Phillip
02-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I am not sure how old you are Phillip, because I barely caught the tail end of Kareem's prime. But Going to UCLA I saw a lot of KAreem in college because they play old UCLA games all the time. And since I was in college around the same time as duncan (just behind him) I saw him play a lot of hoops then plus I lived in SA for 3 years. College Kareem is much better than Tim was and that is no knock on Tim, Kareem was THAT good. Kareem is not may favorite Laker tbh out of the ones I met he was the most "aloof" ...but as a player he was better than Duncan in my opinion especially when you consider Kool said "prime". Duncan is one of the 3 best bigs I have ever seen and body of work to me is better than shaq. But when you talk "primes" Kareem>Shaq>Hakeem>duncan. Career wise Kareem>duncan>Shaq>Hakeem.

Again the question was prime one on one and as someone mentioned when you talk 1 on1 Magic and Timmy two of my favorite players are not quite as useful ...but they are two of the alll-time great team-mates and leaders.

I am sorry me being biased has little to do with my thoughts watch old footage of Kareem ...tell me I am wrong.

I'm probably younger than you, but just love basketball in general. I have my own business and work from home, so I have plenty of my own free time and will at least once a week just watch old games of basketball of players I'm interested in. Not highlight videos, but actual games. You learn a lot more about the players that way, because highlight videos can even make Shawn Bradley seem pretty good.

And I don't disagree with you on your "primes" list either, although again, Kareem's prime isn't exactly worlds better than Duncan's. That's how good these 4 players are that you listed. Duncan in his prime was pretty incredibly unstoppable.

Like I said, Kareem IMO is the 2nd greatest player ever, and is the only player that has a legitimate reason at this point to be in an argument with actually being greater than Jordan (although Lebron could change that soon). And I certainly would agree that as a player he was better than Duncan. But the question is, how much better? My personal argument would be that Kareem was a better offensive player (but not a ton better), while Timmy was a better defensive player (but not a ton better). And if you look at advanced stat metrics, they would pretty much uphold what my argument says. For instance, the career offensive and defensive rating for Kareem was 115 and 99. For Timmy its 110 and 95. Kareem is a 15 point difference, and Duncan is a 14 point difference. There are other offensive stats that are slightly in Kareem's favor such as TS%, EFG%, while there are some defensive stats in Timmy's favor such as rebound % and block %. And their WS/48 is not far off either. Kareem has the 7th best WS/48 of all time and Timmy is 12th all time.

So I think my claims are pretty much right, that Kareem is a better all-time basketball player, and certainly more accomplished. But Timmy isn't too far behind either. I don't think it would be ludicrous to say that if they were to play a 7 game series of 1-on-1, that it would probably be a toss up, with a slight edge to Kareem. Both are long, tall, play tough defense but are so skilled offensively that they would have a rough time really stopping each other. Kareem is a bit taller and longer, Duncan is a bit stronger, heavier, and more mobile. Kareem has the skyhook, Timmy has the uncanny ability to finish akward shots with contact (maybe the best post player I have ever seen at finishing through contact). So for this particular argument, I think in a head-to-head matchup, they are nearly a wash, because neither really has an extreme advantage over the other. The closest "extreme" advantage would be Kareem's skyhook, which is why I give him the slight edge.

I don't think your takes are wrong, I just don't think he "shits on" Duncan in a matchup on the court in basically a glorified game of 1-on-1.

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 03:58 PM

Lets break it down.

Of the 6 players Kobe has the better range than any of them. Kobe's mid-range game is 2nd only to MJ. Kobe's low post game is superior to Lebrons and Duncan's. Lebron has zero low post game even to this day. Of the 6 Lebron is the worse man to man defender unless he's guarding smaller players. Of the 6 Kobe has the most heart 2nd only to MJ. Of the 6 Kobe is the 3rd best passer. Kobe is 45th alltime in Assists which is significant for a 2 guard. Of the 6 Kobes had the 2nd greatest impact on the game. Finally of the 6 Kobe has the 2nd greatest skillset...Lebrons only case is he's the strongest and can dunk the hardest. That's it..

Killakobe81
02-21-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm probably younger than you, but just love basketball in general. I have my own business and work from home, so I have plenty of my own free time and will at least once a week just watch old games of basketball of players I'm interested in. Not highlight videos, but actual games. You learn a lot more about the players that way, because highlight videos can even make Shawn Bradley seem pretty good.

And I don't disagree with you on your "primes" list either, although again, Kareem's prime isn't exactly worlds better than Duncan's. That's how good these 4 players are that you listed. Duncan in his prime was pretty incredibly unstoppable.

Like I said, Kareem IMO is the 2nd greatest player ever, and is the only player that has a legitimate reason at this point to be in an argument with actually being greater than Jordan (although Lebron could change that soon). And I certainly would agree that as a player he was better than Duncan. But the question is, how much better? My personal argument would be that Kareem was a better offensive player (but not a ton better), while Timmy was a better defensive player (but not a ton better). And if you look at advanced stat metrics, they would pretty much uphold what my argument says. For instance, the career offensive and defensive rating for Kareem was 115 and 99. For Timmy its 110 and 95. Kareem is a 15 point difference, and Duncan is a 14 point difference. There are other offensive stats that are slightly in Kareem's favor such as TS%, EFG%, while there are some defensive stats in Timmy's favor such as rebound % and block %. And their WS/48 is not far off either. Kareem has the 7th best WS/48 of all time and Timmy is 12th all time.

So I think my claims are pretty much right, that Kareem is a better all-time basketball player, and certainly more accomplished. But Timmy isn't too far behind either. I don't think it would be ludicrous to say that if they were to play a 7 game series of 1-on-1, that it would probably be a toss up, with a slight edge to Kareem. Both are long, tall, play tough defense but are so skilled offensively that they would have a rough time really stopping each other. Kareem is a bit taller and longer, Duncan is a bit stronger, heavier, and more mobile. Kareem has the skyhook, Timmy has the uncanny ability to finish akward shots with contact (maybe the best post player I have ever seen at finishing through contact). So for this particular argument, I think in a head-to-head matchup, they are nearly a wash, because neither really has an extreme advantage over the other. The closest "extreme" advantage would be Kareem's skyhook, which is why I give him the slight edge.

I don't think your takes are wrong, I just don't think he "shits on" Duncan in a matchup on the court in basically a glorified game of 1-on-1.

shits maybe a bit strong but I am saying I feel he is clearly better. He faced better bigs, the league wasnt nearly as dilluted plus Kareem actually played his true position while duncan was a large PF rather than a true "big". Remember at PF Tim is the GOAT at center though still great he probably doesnt crack the top 5 and you could even argue in his "prime" though not as clutch even David was a better "center" just not as great on offense especially on the block.

Phillip
02-21-2014, 04:36 PM
shits maybe a bit strong but I am saying I feel he is clearly better. He faced better bigs, the league wasnt nearly as dilluted plus Kareem actually played his true position while duncan was a large PF rather than a true "big". Remember at PF Tim is the GOAT at center though still great he probably doesnt crack the top 5 and you could even argue in his "prime" though not as clutch even David was a better "center" just not as great on offense especially on the block.

I don't disagree with any of this at all.

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Not saying that block was big deal but MJ pretty much laid out that strategy in his MJ@50 interview. The block doesnt mean Kobe is better or anything not implying that but it was Lebron being defended in a 1 on 1 situation and to say he was not trying is a cop out. Especially since Mj we know tries at ALL times. The fact Lebron wasnt trying only strengthens MJ would win argument, not hurt it.

Listen I was at that ASG last year and I literally sat 5 or so rows in the stands from the players bench.....you could actually hear some of the spirited conversations...as a side note I will tell you this...Coach Pop does not like Dwight Howard...not at all...I think it's personal...I think at one point you could hear Pop telling him to sit down and stop playing around...now to my main point...it's widely known that MJ and Kobe are the only two players in the history of the game to play the entire game like it's their last..both of them nikkas are just crazy like that...but it's also widely known that the last 5-7 min of an ASG is very serious business. Listen if you sat close enough to the scorers table (which I did) you could clearly here Kobe telling Lebron as they walked to center court: "You're not scoring again" and all the players on the bench just fell out laughing...they knew Kobe was serious....Kobe told coach Pop that he was going to guard Lebron 1 on 1 and he did...and he promptly shut Lebron down..Chris Bosh was trying his best to set screens for Lebron but to no avail...Kobe checked him straight up and you saw what happened...not just the one play but Kobe played him the length of the court and hounded him all the way..Bron couldn't even get off a shot...Jay Z and Drake was on the sidelines laughing their asses off...Kobe always be talking mad shit to Lebron and he's told Lebron on a couple of occasions that Lebron couldn't fuck with him in his prime...it's just like when Kobe told him that he would beat him 1 on 1 in his sleep...Lebron couldn't say shit because he knows it's true...and word on the street is when they were in that 1st Olympics they played 1 on 1 in front of the other players and Kobe taxed that ass...this is the only real evidence we have but based on this it's safe to assume those rumors are true:

Lebron got burned so much he didn't even want to guard Kobe on the last play...he asked Tayshaun Prince to do it:

_l0AhR-LEfg

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 05:38 PM
ohh and Tim Duncan would be pure unadulterated mince meat against Kareem...Duncan would get ate alive...no Contest it would be like Kobe vs Stephen Jackson...were Jackson talked all his shit for years while Kobe torched his ass...Kobe avg 28 ppg vs 12 ppg head to head vs Jackson..I'd imagine the same scenario if it was Kareem vs. Duncan..poor Duncan wouldn't have a chance...all of his shots would be jumpers banked off the backboard he would score shit in that paint...and had Duncan played during Hakeem's prime we wouldn't even know who Duncan was..Hakeem was also that much better as player than Duncan....no hyperbole just real talk

hater
02-21-2014, 05:40 PM
3 average shooters vs. MJ/Magic/Kareem combo? :lmao

not even Duncan could carry that sorry team to victory IMO

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 05:55 PM
ohh and Tim Duncan would be pure unadulterated mince meat against Kareem...Duncan would get ate alive...no Contest it would be like Kobe vs Stephen Jackson...were Jackson talked all his shit for years while Kobe torched his ass...Kobe avg 28 ppg vs 12 ppg head to head vs Jackson..I'd imagine the same scenario if it was Kareem vs. Duncan..poor Duncan wouldn't have a chance...all of his shots would be jumpers banked off the backboard he would score shit in that paint...and had Duncan played during Hakeem's prime we wouldn't even know who Duncan was..Hakeem was also that much better as player than Duncan....no hyperbole just real talk

LMAO....even you aren't that dense. Duncan would be mince meat? At least he wouldn't get shut down by Austin Croshere like Kobrick did in the 2000 Finals.

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
LMAO....even you aren't that dense. Duncan would be mince meat? At least he wouldn't get shut down by Austin Croshere like Kobrick did in the 2000 Finals.

I meant every word I said from the bottom of my heart...

Phillip
02-21-2014, 06:02 PM
3 average shooters vs. MJ/Magic/Kareem combo? :lmao

not even Duncan could carry that sorry team to victory IMO

is this a joke?

Kobe is a better shooter than MJ
Lebron is a better shooter than Magic
Duncan is a better shooter than Kareem

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 06:11 PM
is this a joke?

the sky hook was a shot so I'd have to disagree with that one...even though Duncan's bank shot was nice it pales in comparison to the sky hook

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Ok Killa let's take Kareem and Duncan out of it....who would win if it's

MJ and Kobe vs Lebron and Magic..I'm curious to hear your thoughts...

Phillip
02-21-2014, 06:29 PM
MJ and Kobe vs Lebron and Magic

MJ and Kobe.

Whomever is being guarded by Magic should basically have the ball every play.

There shouldn't even be any curiosity. Anyone who says Lebron/Magic is retarded out of their minds.

LkrFan
02-21-2014, 06:31 PM
is this a joke?

Duncan is a better shooter than KareemYou had me until the bolded. Only -2 points due to having 2/3 right. :tu

Phillip
02-21-2014, 06:36 PM
You had me until the bolded. Only -2 points due to having 2/3 right. :tu

um, jumpshooting?

Duncan in his prime is pretty much money from 17 ft and in.

Skyhook is not a jumpshot.

hater
02-21-2014, 06:48 PM
is this a joke?

Not in the playoffs they are not

Point still stands, the team of average shooters(Lebald, Rapist, Cuk) would get demolished

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 06:49 PM
MJ and Kobe.

Whomever is being guarded by Magic should basically have the ball every play.

There shouldn't even be any curiosity. Anyone who says Lebron/Magic is retarded out of their minds.

^ :lmao that's cold blooded mane

hater
02-21-2014, 06:54 PM
tbh I would supplant Magic with Pippen. Put Pip on Lebron.

Lebald and Rapist would brick the team out of contention in a matter of minutes :lmao

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Magic/MJ/Kareem would shit on them 9 times out of 10.

Sub in Shaq for Duncan and it's 6 times out of 10 for Kobe/Bron/Shaq

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 06:57 PM
tbh I would supplant Magic with Pippen. Put Pip on Lebron.

Lebald and Rapist would brick the team out of contention in a matter of minutes :lmao

you seem to have a major hard on for Kobe...if I asked who'd win a match-up of Kenny Smith and Kobe Bryant I'm sure you'd make a case for Kenny Smith :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Magic/MJ/Kareem would shit on them 9 times out of 10.

Sub in Shaq for Duncan and it's 6 times out of 10 for Kobe/Bron/Shaq

I think MJ and Kobe cancels...Lebron would beat Magic since defense isn't Magic's strong suit...the reason they'd lose is Kareem would fuck up Duncan's world...tbh

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 07:15 PM
I think MJ and Kobe cancels...Lebron would beat Magic since defense isn't Magic's strong suit...the reason they'd lose is Kareem would fuck up Duncan's world...tbh

MJ and Kobe would cancel out? MJ would crush Kobe...that would be the biggest mismatch out of all of them. Kobe shouldn't even be in this game with these All Time greats.....he would just embarrass himself. Now if you want him going against the Raptors then you might have something but unless Shaq is in this game to carry him throughout....Kobrick is the weakest link.

KaiRMD1
02-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Kobe is the obvious weak link.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gifhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7w26XTg4JEM/UqVBVqgNNnI/AAAAAAAAWiA/xsALaTUZIVg/s1600/KobeAirball.gif

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-21-2014, 07:46 PM

Lebron's defense is one of the most overrated entities in the NBA today. Are they playing 3v3 full court? If not how is Lebron going to come sprinting down the lane to block someone's dunk or layup from behind into the stands? Cause his man to man defense is average at best. I guess he could try to double Kareem after he abuses the shit out the only 2nd rate star in the equation here. Magic would simply outthink Lebron. With a prime Kareem in the paint Lebron can't drive and would have to rely on jumpers :lol

Tbh if they play to 21 by 1's Kareem would get maybe 10-15 of those.

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Kobe is the obvious weak link.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gifhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7w26XTg4JEM/UqVBVqgNNnI/AAAAAAAAWiA/xsALaTUZIVg/s1600/KobeAirball.gif

LMAO...that's classic.....as close as you can come to Kobrick's game in a nutshell. The O.P. insulted the other true greats in this hypothetical match-up by adding Kobrick.

Brazil
02-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Listen I was at that ASG last year and I literally sat 5 or so rows in the stands from the players bench.....you could actually hear some of the spirited conversations...as a side note I will tell you this...Coach Pop does not like Dwight Howard...not at all...I think it's personal...I think at one point you could hear Pop telling him to sit down and stop playing around...now to my main point...it's widely known that MJ and Kobe are the only two players in the history of the game to play the entire game like it's their last..both of them nikkas are just crazy like that...but it's also widely known that the last 5-7 min of an ASG is very serious business. Listen if you sat close enough to the scorers table (which I did) you could clearly here Kobe telling Lebron as they walked to center court: "You're not scoring again" and all the players on the bench just fell out laughing...they knew Kobe was serious....Kobe told coach Pop that he was going to guard Lebron 1 on 1 and he did...and he promptly shut Lebron down..Chris Bosh was trying his best to set screens for Lebron but to no avail...Kobe checked him straight up and you saw what happened...not just the one play but Kobe played him the length of the court and hounded him all the way..Bron couldn't even get off a shot...Jay Z and Drake was on the sidelines laughing their asses off...Kobe always be talking mad shit to Lebron and he's told Lebron on a couple of occasions that Lebron couldn't fuck with him in his prime...it's just like when Kobe told him that he would beat him 1 on 1 in his sleep...Lebron couldn't say shit because he knows it's true...and word on the street is when they were in that 1st Olympics they played 1 on 1 in front of the other players and Kobe taxed that ass...this is the only real evidence we have but based on this it's safe to assume those rumors are true:

Lebron got burned so much he didn't even want to guard Kobe on the last play...he asked Tayshaun Prince to do it:

_l0AhR-LEfg

Like somebody would read your post :lmao

nobody gives a fuck Kool

02-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Lebron's defense is one of the most overrated entities in the NBA today. Are they playing 3v3 full court? If not how is Lebron going to come sprinting down the lane to block someone's dunk or layup from behind into the stands? Cause his man to man defense is average at best. I guess he could try to double Kareem after he abuses the shit out the only 2nd rate star in the equation here. Magic would simply outthink Lebron. With a prime Kareem in the paint Lebron can't drive and would have to rely on jumpers :lol

Tbh if they play to 21 by 1's Kareem would get maybe 10-15 of those.

In 2003 Timmy averaged 28/11 when they eliminated shaq and the Lakers and averaged 28/16 when they eliminated the mavs. Then in the finals his scoring dipped to 25 but he still averaged 17 rebounds and got a quadruple double. He was a beast in his prime tbh.

02-21-2014, 09:10 PM
LMAO...that's classic.....as close as you can come to Kobrick's game in a nutshell. The O.P. insulted the other true greats in this hypothetical match-up by adding Kobrick.

And by adding LeHGH

LkrFan
02-21-2014, 09:35 PM
um, jumpshooting?

Duncan in his prime is pretty much money from 17 ft and in.

Skyhook is not a jumpshot.
Cap is known for his skyhook (which was pretty much unblockable). However, he did shoot jumpers. Google some of his games as a Milwaukee Buck or a UCLA Bruin. This was pre and prime Jabbar. Dude was dominant on all stages: High School, College, and Pros.

Simply put, he would dominate Duncan. I'm not saying that to piss off Spur Fans, but this is a fact. He didn't shoot under 50% (one time) until his 20th year. He still shot 55.9% for his career.

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Cap never played a guy like Duncan....not taking anything away from Kareem....guy was great but he maybe weighted 125 soaking wet. Duncan would have muscled him the paint...hell...I shutter to think what Shaq would have done to him. Wilt, Russell, and Kareem were all paper thin.

hater
02-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Cap is known for his skyhook (which was pretty much unblockable). However, he did shoot jumpers. Google some of his games as a Milwaukee Buck or a UCLA Bruin. This was pre and prime Jabbar. Dude was dominant on all stages: High School, College, and Pros.

Simply put, he would dominate Duncan. I'm not saying that to piss off Spur Fans, but this is a fact. He didn't shoot under 50% (one time) until his 20th year. He still shot 55.9% for his career.

agree.

Kareem averaged 53% in his PLAYOFF CAREER when it matters most.

same thing with MJ and Magic.

:lmao Kobe + Lebron's playoff career FG %

hater
02-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Cap never played a guy like Duncan....not taking anything away from Kareem....guy was great but he maybe weighted 125 soaking wet. Duncan would have muscled him the paint...hell...I shutter to think what Shaq would have done to him. Wilt, Russell, and Kareem were all paper thin.

:lmao at Wilt in that group.

Wilt was not paper thin at all and was one of the strongest men ever. Yes in the history of the planet.

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Wilt is the strongest in the history of this planet? LMAO....If so big in his time and imposing...why so little titles?

hater
02-21-2014, 10:26 PM
bzIu7o5NH1k

Phillip
02-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Not in the playoffs they are not

Point still stands, the team of average shooters(Lebald, Rapist, Cuk) would get demolished

this reasoning makes no sense at all

Phillip
02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
smh this thread is basically over as its been hijacked by morons :rolleyes

irishock
02-23-2014, 01:34 PM

lol Kobe's game in a nutshell is his first game back after a career threatening injury.

I see why you abandoned your account now