PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills $$$ Next Season?

jkid12456
02-20-2014, 11:29 PM
What deal will spurs offer patty? hes only getting 1.1. million this season . .. and

im sure alot of teams will be after him when contract ends, i hope he will be forever with spurs, cuz it's seriously the best team for him, as there are many favorable factors even though he might get paid less and get less attention, but he will get the very best of him skillwise as he learning under best coach, best pg tony parker and his aussie team mate aron baynes to make him feel comfortable. who knows he might get an nba champ under spurs, i feel its coming just before big 3 retire.
hes enjoying the texcan lifestyle as it's similar to laid back aussie culture.

hater
02-20-2014, 11:30 PM
not yet. but if he finishes the season like this, sure, he'll get payyyd

jkid12456
02-20-2014, 11:43 PM
i hope he comes up clutch in playoffs. hope he doesnt choke, he does have clutch genes in him. look at him play in 4th quarters, hes big

exstatic
02-20-2014, 11:48 PM
The thing about Patty is that he's great in our system, but he's not an alpha player. He can't really get his own regularly. Most of his clean looks come off of double and even triple screens, which most teams won't be able to run for him more than occasionally. I think he's probably worth Diaw money, but not more. Some dumb GM may feel differently, though, and we could lose him.

jARS mEsH sEt
02-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Low end: 3 years/$12M
High end: 3 years/$15M

jkid12456
02-20-2014, 11:51 PM
The thing about Patty is that he's great in our system, but he's not an alpha player. He can't really get his own regularly. Most of his clean looks come off of double and even triple screens, which most teams won't be able to run for him more than occasionally. I think he's probably worth Diaw money, but not more. Some dumb GM may feel differently, though, and we could lose him.

Patty is loyal to spurs, i heard he wont take a big offer if its from low-mediocre team. he is grateful to be on the spurs, he has heart of a lion.

sure, he's great in our system, but you gotta see last night game, he took 26 shots, that is very hard thing to do for a player is to create shots, and all those shots were quite good decisions and had spacing besides a couple.

he can replicate that fine in any team, because of his laterall quickness and fast shoot release.

Chinook
02-20-2014, 11:51 PM
I see him getting Neal money. But he may command the MLE. The Spurs may pay him that if they can get him on a one-year deal.

Splits
02-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Last edited by jkid12456; 16 Minutes Ago at 11:38 PM.

You sure as hell didn't edit for punctuation or grammar...

jkid12456
02-20-2014, 11:57 PM
You sure as hell didn't edit for punctuation or grammar...

dont care a bout spelling, im not native english speaker, im a firey communicator that wants to get to the point

exstatic
02-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Patty is loyal to spurs, i heard he wont take a big offer if its from low-mediocre team. he is grateful to be on the spurs, he has heart of a lion.

sure, he's great in our system, but you gotta see last night game, he took 26 shots, that is very hard thing to do for a player is to create shots, and all those shots were quite good decisions and had spacing besides a couple.

he can replicate that fine in any team, because of his laterall quickness and fast shoot release.

a) nobody leaves huge money on the table. Green came at a slight discount, and Mills would probably do the same, but if our offer is say $5M, and anyone else's is $8M, he's leaving.
b) he can sometimes get his shot, but small players, even quick ones, can struggle to create in this league. Portland eventually got smart and put Batum on him. If he's not in a good system like ours, a player like Nic could slam the door on his night. That length would negate his quickness. You can't pay big dollars for that, not if you want to keep your GM job.

KL2
02-21-2014, 12:39 AM
If he keeps playing like this, a lot. I can see a team like Philly going after him, mainly because of Brown.

SpurSwag
02-21-2014, 02:40 AM
Patty has said that he would take less money to stay here and I'm sure he's fine with his role, but even if he leaves I don't blame him. Honestly until this rodeo trip even when he'd have big nights I saw 0 star potential in him.

I'm not saying he will be a star or that I expect it, but I'd understand him wanting to find out if he has what it takes. Considering how he's been playing, if someone offers him the money and the role I'd imagine it'd be hard to turn down.

aal04
02-21-2014, 03:48 AM
We will pay him 20m/season....

After he goes ham 40/10/10 in the finals and finishes the year as MVP.

book it

jhuan16
02-21-2014, 04:28 AM
He's not going to stay, probably will sign with the the bucks on a 35mil/4yr deal

Raven
02-21-2014, 04:37 AM
you don't pay mid level money for a backup pg, you just don't.. if he is paid that, then he needs to be the sixth man and contribute much more than just points. Best solution, let him go just like we did with neal, he doesn't have enough upside.

TJastal
02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
a) nobody leaves huge money on the table. Green came at a slight discount, and Mills would probably do the same, but if our offer is say $5M, and anyone else's is $8M, he's leaving.
b) he can sometimes get his shot, but small players, even quick ones, can struggle to create in this league. Portland eventually got smart and put Batum on him. If he's not in a good system like ours, a player like Nic could slam the door on his night. That length would negate his quickness. You can't pay big dollars for that, not if you want to keep your GM job.

Still rambling on about shorties i see.

elemento
02-21-2014, 07:22 AM
'Danny Green money at best !

spurs1990
02-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Are these guesses based on whether or not Tim and/or Manu return? You'd think a ton of cap room would be floating about if one retires.

Selfishly I'd prefer him to be resigned. My fave Spur currently.

Baam
02-21-2014, 08:08 AM
He's a midget SG, he's getting Nate Robinson kind of money which is not that much...

jARS mEsH sEt
02-21-2014, 09:18 AM
He's not going to stay, probably will sign with the the bucks on a 35mil/4yr deal

He's not worth anywhere near that IMO.

Chewbacca
02-21-2014, 09:34 AM
not yet. but if he finishes the season like this, sure, he'll get payyyd

:tu

superbigtime
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Man if Spurs were not overpaying garbage like Bonner and Ayres, they would have the dough. Surely he's going to command at least $2.5-3 mill.

silverblk mystix
02-21-2014, 03:08 PM
didn't i tell you losers a year ago that patty was a player?

players play - but pop dicked around with de colo & joseph

TJastal
02-21-2014, 03:32 PM
didn't i tell you losers a year ago that patty was a player?

players play - but pop dicked around with de colo & joseph

Don't forget the clumsy last minute shoehorn transformation of Gary Neal into a backup point guard which essentially thrust onus on Manu to handle most of the point guard duties.

silverblk mystix
02-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Don't forget the clumsy last minute shoehorn transformation of Gary Neal into a backup point guard which essentially thrust onus on Manu to handle most of the point guard duties.

Players play.

Pop will probably bench patty mills soon and dick around with weird lineups just in time for the annual playoff choke job.

r0drig0lac
02-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Duncan led the cheers for Patty Mills from behind the bench and praised his effort afterwards from last nights win.

"Millsanity," Duncan said. "We need to see if we can get him on the cover of Sports Illustrated."

-Romeo

keywester
02-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Players play.

Pop will probably bench patty mills soon and dick around with weird lineups just in time for the annual playoff choke job.

You're are right on!!! No matter what Mills does....Pop will never trust him when it counts in the play offs!! I would have been better to get rid of him while he had more value than DeColo.

timtonymanu
02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
You're are right on!!! No matter what Mills does....Pop will never trust him when it counts in the play offs!! I would have been better to get rid of him while he had more value than DeColo.

:cry Pop doesn't play Patty 48 minutes a game. Don't disrespect Mills.

keywester
02-21-2014, 09:20 PM
:cry Pop doesn't play Patty 48 minutes a game. Don't disrespect Mills.
Sorry, I have nothing but respect for Mills and love watching him play!!! I even followed him in China and loved it when he went for 40!! I just don't think Pop will ever trust him like Tony no matter what he does. Tony needed rest from day one of this season yet, Mills never got a chance until Pop had no other option since Cojo and DeColo couldn't score enough to beat a good high scool team.

unforeseen
02-21-2014, 11:29 PM
Low end: 3 years/$12M
High end: 3 years/$15M

:rollin

SilverSpur
02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I say he gets three years 6 to 8 mil. He's learned from Gary Neal's mistake of taking the money and being on two losing teams along with being unhappy. I lot of players would exchange places with Patty right now.

A winning organization
50+ plus wins a year
In the playoffs
No drama on or off the court
City that adores the team
A team that's more like family.

I don't see a problem resigning Patty Mills

Baam
02-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Neal didn't make a mistake, he had to take care of his family.

99 Problems
02-23-2014, 03:12 AM
I think he will stay and accept a discount by doing so. Every once in a while however GMs throw Jeremy Lin money around for a Jeremy or Patty, so you just never know.

Spur Bank
02-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I think he will stay and accept a discount by doing so. Every once in a while however GMs throw Jeremy Lin money around for a Jeremy or Patty, so you just never know.
I could easily see this happening here. His per minute offense numbers are a statistical wet dream, and his defense is at least adequate. Maybe the most underrated aspect of his game is his bat shit crazy low turnover ratio... low turnovers don't get you much press, but they go a loooong way in winning games, and Mills is among the best in the biz at not turning the ball over.

superjames1992
02-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Plus he had to pay off that girl from college, tbh...

Richie
02-24-2014, 01:38 AM

Neal earned more in his 3 years with the Spurs than most people will earn in their entire lives. Take care of his family? Please.

Fair play to him for taking the biggest offer, a players career can be over in the blink of an eye, but don't make it sound like some kind of noble act.

weeks
02-24-2014, 02:03 AM
I could easily see this happening here. His per minute offense numbers are a statistical wet dream, and his defense is at least adequate. Maybe the most underrated aspect of his game is his bat shit crazy low turnover ratio... low turnovers don't get you much press, but they go a loooong way in winning games, and Mills is among the best in the biz at not turning the ball over.
clanks don't count as turnovers
he needs to work on finding his teammates more

superjames1992
02-24-2014, 02:12 AM
His AST/TO ratio on the season is 2.15.

That's worse than Tony Parker (2.58), Cojo (2.18), and almost identical to Turnobili (2.11).

This is a case of the facts not fitting your reality, tbh.

Drom John
02-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Mills is currently tied for 74th to 79th in WS.
The 77th highest 2013-2014 salary (where Mills fits alphabetically in the WS tie) is Marcus Thornton at $8,050,000.