PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Why can't you guys beat OKC?

JohnnyMax
02-21-2014, 10:15 AM
No one wants to see Miami dominate OKC in the Finals again

Thread
02-21-2014, 10:19 AM
No one wants to see Miami dominate OKC in the Finals again

Just let them get there. We'll iron out the details then.

02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
If Tony would play defense, I think we could. On our meetings this year he's been coasting/hurt tbh if he's %100 come playoffs I think he's capable of playing some D.

They have shooters that we need to lock down on, but Most teams in the West have shooters. If we can lock down the splash bros in the playoffs, we van lock up Jeremy freaking Lamb.

We're better than 2012 and the Thunder are worse. Heck, we might have won that 2012 series if not for the POS refs.

:lol Stern wanting an OKC/MIA finals
:lol OKC gets wrecked

AchillesHeel
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Just let them get there. We'll iron out the details then.

You won't be here to begin with, you chickenshit.

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2014, 11:05 AM
If Tony would play defense, I think we could. On our meetings this year he's been coasting/hurt tbh if he's %100 come playoffs I think he's capable of playing some D.

They have shooters that we need to lock down on, but Most teams in the West have shooters. If we can lock down the splash bros in the playoffs, we van lock up Jeremy freaking Lamb.

We're better than 2012 and the Thunder are worse. Heck, we might have won that 2012 series if not for the POS refs.

:lol Stern wanting an OKC/MIA finals
:lol OKC gets wrecked

what fkn defense do you expect enrique to play/ the sort that saw chalmers taking a shit on him?

02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
what fkn defense do you expect enrique to play/ the sort that saw chalmers taking a shit on him?

he'll never be an elite defender, or even great defender, but he is capable of playing decent defense in the PO, which is all we need from on that end. Anything would he icing on the cake.

Leetonidas
02-21-2014, 12:15 PM
They excel at doing the shit the Spurs want to force their opponents into doing. Any team with athletic perimeter players and big men who can shoot from the midrange gives the Spurs fits

spurraider21
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM
tony parker used to defend westbrook well... enrique has been a diferrent story. he can't even defend reggie jackson. i hope the time off does him well

SpurSwag
02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
It's amazing how tony was actually considered a pretty solid defender until this year and all of a sudden he's the worst defensive player the spurs have ever had the misfortune of having. He was so obviously banged up all year that I don't think it's fair to make the claim that he's a bad defender. I expect him to get back to his regular self when he's back. He definitely needs between 2 weeks to a month off, which we can definitely give him

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2014, 12:41 PM
lets get this straight clowns

enrique was never a elite or above avg defender, he had the benefit of hiding within the spurs defensive system....cause the spurs had other players on the court that played or took defensive assignments he couldnt dream of taking in his life time....

scanry
02-21-2014, 12:48 PM
^ Bowen pretty much masked all Parker's flaws tbh. There's reason we haven't won since.

Thread
02-21-2014, 05:03 PM
^ Bowen pretty much masked all Parker's flaws tbh. There's reason we haven't won since.

True, you've been loitering rapists, wife swappers, gays, and mutineers. Though Bowen was giving out hand jobs at that massage parlor he owned.

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
True, you've been loitering rapists, wife swappers, gays, and mutineers. Though Bowen was giving out hand jobs at that massage parlor he owned.

You got to remember that you root for the Lakers. They have just as many skeletons in their closet if not more.

The only one I'll give you is Bowen. How else do you think he worked on his hand skills? You have to keep those muscles strong, son.

Clipper Nation
02-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Though Bowen was giving out hand jobs at that massage parlor he owned.

& Kirby was filming Tapes.

Budkin
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Horrible matchup, much like playing the Mavs in 2006-07 despite being the better team.

Phillip
02-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Horrible matchup, much like playing the Mavs in 2006-07 despite being the better team.

Except the Spurs really aren't the better team.

More well constructed and balanced perhaps, but not better.

Budkin
02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Except the Spurs really aren't the better team.

More well constructed and balanced perhaps, but not better.

Not now, I meant against the Mavs back then. They were built to defeat us. Had the Dubs not knocked them out in 2007 no way we ring that year.

RD2191
02-21-2014, 05:21 PM
The Spurs are a way better team than the Thunder, unfortunately the Thunder are just more athletic.

Thread
02-21-2014, 05:25 PM
You got to remember that you root for the Lakers. They have just as many skeletons in their closet if not more.

The only one I'll give you is Bowen. How else do you think he worked on his hand skills? You have to keep those muscles strong, son.

True, but, you've shit your bed and nobody cares.

hater
02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Basketball is a game of matchups.

OKC is a matchup nightmare for Spurs. in the same way the Mavs were a few years ago

Heat are a matchup nightmare for OKC. I agree, they would wipe the floor with them in the Finals.

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 05:32 PM
True, but, you've shit your bed and nobody cares.

You didn't even get a chance to shit the bed though. At least the Spurs got to sleep in their own feces. The Lakers are sleeping in dead man's shit, in black hole mamba's shit and the shit of every other team right now.

Phillip
02-21-2014, 05:42 PM
The Spurs are a way more skilled and polished team than the Thunder, unfortunately the Thunder are just more athletic.

fify

Phillip
02-21-2014, 05:44 PM
It's amazing how tony was actually considered a pretty solid defender until this year and all of a sudden he's the worst defensive player the spurs have ever had the misfortune of having. He was so obviously banged up all year that I don't think it's fair to make the claim that he's a bad defender. I expect him to get back to his regular self when he's back. He definitely needs between 2 weeks to a month off, which we can definitely give him
:lol tony was never a solid defender in the eyes of anyone except spurfans

Phillip
02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Not now, I meant against the Mavs back then. They were built to defeat us. Had the Dubs not knocked them out in 2007 no way we ring that year.

Gotcha

I thought you were talking about Mavs being the better team over GS but running into a bad matchup.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Conventional ST wisdom would say bc of the refs.

ElNono
02-21-2014, 06:11 PM
If we can manage to elevate our game to play as well as last season, I think we can beat them. It's a tough matchup for the Spurs, but this isn't the OKC team that had Harden either.

It starts with Tony being MVParker again, which is what makes it dubious considering what he looked like so far this season. Hopefully the rest pays off.

ElNono
02-21-2014, 06:13 PM
BTW, agree OKC has no shot against Miami. Would be surprising if it gets to 6 games.

LkrFan
02-21-2014, 06:26 PM
:corn:

KaiRMD1
02-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Amazing that even when they had the beard, they stood no chance. Unless perhaps Danny Granger comes to OKC, ol' sports will still be like a goldfish in the ocean playing against the Heat.

Baam
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
The Pacers can take out the Heat so OKc does have a chance. The Spurs on the other hand need a miracle (again). OKc is just the worse match-up for us with their rim protection and length on the perimeter. The Heat had to put LeBron on TP, OKc can simply stick Sefo on him, Sefo + Iblocka (who doesn't have to worry much about T-Vag) can defend TP too well. Even their bench has shown it can easily slaughter our offensive minded midgets (Mills Beli Manu), they're just better everywhere...

Rogue
02-21-2014, 07:31 PM
umm... I don't think OKC have a chance against Heat just because Pacers have one. There ain't much difference in terms of talent level between OKC and Pacers but OKC has no chemistry, and Methunder's paint is rather crappy (Ibaka + dipshits) compared to Pacers. Methunder are just an upgraded Anuston Lockets imho, meant to impress in the regular season then fold in the playoffs.

Baam
02-21-2014, 07:33 PM
To clarify I meant that OKc has a chance to win a championship because they could very well face the Pacers in the Finals.

Thread
02-21-2014, 08:51 PM
umm... I don't think OKC have a chance against Heat just because Pacers have one. There ain't much difference in terms of talent level between OKC and Pacers but OKC has no chemistry, and Methunder's paint is rather crappy (Ibaka + dipshits) compared to Pacers. Methunder are just an upgraded Anuston Lockets imho, meant to impress in the regular season then fold in the playoffs.

Food for thought. It's your first foray into cogency in quite a while, Roguey.

SpurSwag
02-22-2014, 12:15 AM
:lol tony was never a solid defender in the eyes of anyone except spurfans

He was never considered as bad as he is now at least, and in all my years of being a fan I have never considered him a liability on that end whatsoever until this year.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 12:20 AM
asslickers or enrique fans still deflecting as usual

Thread
02-22-2014, 03:45 AM
He was never considered as bad as he is now at least, and in all my years of being a fan I have never considered him a liability on that end whatsoever until this year.

Though without him you're light 3 NBA World Titles.

Phillip
02-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Parker has never been more than an average defender at best.

But for most of his career, he had 2 luxuries

1) Timmy guarding the paint along with another 7 footer

2) Bowen and Manu guarding the 2 best opposing perimeter threats.