PDA

View Full Version : 2 Huge Quality Wins This Week.

Embedded
02-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't see as much chatter about this as I had expected. We were supposed to go 1-2 this week, with the 2 losses coming against Elite-assed Portland and Elite-assed Clippers. Personally I think the Clippers are way overrated, and before you say Portland was without LaMarcus Aldridge, we were without Tim Duncan and Tony parker. I like Chris Paul, but given the choice I would take Tony Parker (but then again I am a Homer, would take Matt Bonner over LeBron as long as Matt Bonner wears Silver & Black).

Leetonidas
02-21-2014, 12:21 PM
CP3 came back from injury that game and Aldridge was out. Spurfan doesn't care because of that, despite the fact that they shit themselves and cut their wrists when the Spurs lost when missing multiple key players

freetiago
02-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Aldridge is huge for the Blazers
hes locked to go for 30 points on 60%+ shooting when he plays SA on mostly mid range shots

they played an extremely small front court since he was out and they didnt have the same spacing since Lopez/Robinson cant score away from the basket
it was also their first game all season without the same starting lineup so adjustments had to be made along with not playing a game in over a week because of the All Star break

that game told me nothing about SA vs Portland tbh..
it actually made me worry more considering how bad they got abused on the glass and how easy they were able to get to the rim especially in the 3rd quarter without SAs big having to respect Aldridge as a deep threat
Clippers are irrelevant..

Seventyniner
02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't want to hear anything about Paul coming back from injury (he played in the ASG FFS) and the Blazers missing Aldridge (first time all year without your best starting lineup? noone else missing? boo fucking hoo). This was a back-to-back, both on the road, against two top-10 teams in the league. No Parker or Leonard for both games, no Duncan for the second game. These were absolutely quality wins.

kjhip1
02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
I like the way this team competed no matter the circumstance. If anything we have learned that p mills can be reliable. I don't think he'll be different come playoff time. He's been through the Olympics and had experience with big games playing for his country. The bench could be something special when everyone gets back healthy. And if we can get a role player through buyout, I think this team could be ready to make that last push.

Budkin
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Psyched as hell about the wins. TBH didn't think we had a chance winning those games with the guys missing.

letmk
02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
I just wish our guys don't get satisfied or too eager (to go home) tonight. The Suns are a well-coached team, and the Spurs need to finish 7-2 as the competition for #2 is far from over.

MeloHype
02-21-2014, 06:00 PM
CP3 came back from injury that game and Aldridge was out. Spurfan doesn't care because of that, despite the fact that they shit themselves and cut their wrists when the Spurs lost when missing multiple key players
That was CP3s 4th game back, counting the all star game.

Leetonidas
02-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Ah my mistake. Either way it's the ol "he barely came back from injury" thing I'm assuming. Like I said, Spurfan is not the rational creature

look_at_g_shred
02-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Props to the guys. Played their hearts out. I think an underrated aspect of the wins is the play of Danny Green. He did it all tbh.... On defense, he's been superb. I feel he's also rebounded well. There was even a post up called for him, and he succeeded with an and one!

FuzzyLumpkins
02-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Put the two wins together on a b2b and it should be difficult to ignore.

SPAM

KaiRMD1
02-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Patty Mills, ol' sport, that's all that needs to be addressed. Sure the wins had their "asterisks" attached to them but the one good thing to come was how ol' sport's confidence must've shot through the roof with the way he was playing. He keeps this up, he could be that Speedy Claxton for when Tony is not on.

superbigtime
02-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Those wins were delicious.