PDA

View Full Version : free haul away works for me.

JoeChalupa
02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
So I'm getting my mail and a vato in a truck stops and asks if I got anything I'd like hauled away. "I got a stove in the garage" I say. He says I'll take it. He ends up taking the stove, old fridge and a freezer. Gratis! He then offers me $200 for my 1996 Saturn with 200K miles. Not bad.

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 02:53 PM
So I'm getting my mail and a vato in a truck stops and asks if I got anything I'd like hauled away. "I got a stove in my front yard" I say. He says I'll take it. He ends up taking the stove, old fridge and a freezer. Gratis! He then offers me $200 for my 1996 Saturn with 200K miles. Not bad.

So he's making money off of your junk and you don't have to take it somewhere to get rid of. Win win.

Spanklin
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I can afford my own pickup, so paying someone $200/hr to haul away cash isn't a problem I have to deal with.

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 03:58 PM
I can afford my own pickup, so paying someone $200/hr to haul away cash isn't a problem I have to deal with.

He didn't offer anyone anything. The guy asked to purchase his vehicle.

Spanklin
02-21-2014, 04:05 PM
He didn't offer anyone anything. The guy asked to purchase his vehicle.

The metal is worth money, chino. You thought the guy was going to eat it for dinner?

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 04:44 PM
The metal is worth money, chino. You thought the guy was going to eat it for dinner?

Chino? I think I addressed that in my initial post when I said "So he's making money off of your junk and you don't have to take it somewhere to get rid of. Win win." OP said he was offered the $200 to have the car taken away. I fail to lose the losing situation. Joe probably doesn't have the time or even want to find out where to take the junk for money and this way he gets rid of it. The other guy drops $200 for the CAR and then makes that back with the "junk" that he hauled off. Win Win

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
He was casing your joint. Expect to get robbed soon...the getaway vehicle will be a Saturn

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 05:05 PM
He was casing your joint. Expect to get robbed soon...the getaway vehicle will be a Saturn

this

Hide your valuab...

never mind. He already took them

DarrinS
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
The most amazing part of this story -- a Saturn made it to 200K miles.

leemajors
02-21-2014, 05:16 PM
The most amazing part of this story -- a Saturn made it to 200K miles.

the old 4 banger saturns with toyota made engines are pretty damn reliable.

baseline bum
02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
this

Hide your valuab...

:lmao

Spanklin
02-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Chino? I think I addressed that in my initial post when I said "So he's making money off of your junk and you don't have to take it somewhere to get rid of. Win win." OP said he was offered the $200 to have the car taken away. I fail to lose the losing situation. Joe probably doesn't have the time or even want to find out where to take the junk for money and this way he gets rid of it. The other guy drops $200 for the CAR and then makes that back with the "junk" that he hauled off. Win Win

I understood, but thanks for the play-by-play Tirico.

Let me explain it better and untwist them soon-to-be-wet panties. I would have thrown the stove, fridge, and freezer into my pickup, drove down the road five minutes, got on the scales, kicked the stuff off the tailgate, flicked my cigarette butt at the stray cats roaming around, drove back on the scales, smiled at the skanky in a kinda hot way but I'd never really bang her ho that always works those windows, go inside to get my 89 dollars and ninety two cents and check out her goods in that low cut tank top while the trucker behind me blazes his horn for me to move off the scales even tho he'd have to wait the same time for me to exit the compound in front of him, go to the gas station and buy a case of the cheapest beer available and some nice gas station grade chocolates for my sweetheart, head home and crack a beer just in time for the second half of some Saturday football game to start. 20 minutes for $89.92.

Good for Joe for getting rid of his old junk, but that's an expensive way of going about it IMO.

I. Hustle
02-21-2014, 05:28 PM

Let me explain it better and untwist them soon-to-be-wet panties. I would have thrown the stove, fridge, and freezer into my pickup, drove down the road five minutes, got on the scales, kicked the stuff off the tailgate, flicked my cigarette butt at the stray cats roaming around, drove back on the scales, smiled at the skanky in a kinda hot way but I'd never really bang her ho that always works those windows, go inside to get my 89 dollars and ninety two cents and check out her goods in that low cut tank top while the trucker behind me blazes his horn for me to move off the scales even tho he'd have to wait the same time for me to exit the compound in front of him, go to the gas station and buy a case of the cheapest beer available and some nice gas station grade chocolates for my sweetheart, head home and crack a beer just in time for the second half of some Saturday football game to start. 20 minutes for $89.92.

Good for Joe for getting rid of his old junk, but that's an expensive way of going about it IMO.

Expensive? He didn't pay anything. He just missed out on some cash that he was too lazy to go get anyway. He wins as his laziness takes over and the other guy wins because he makes some moolah.

I don't want to argue with you, Avante Jr. I like your style. I like the scenario you set up.

hehateme
02-21-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks for that intuitive story, John Madden

JoeChalupa
02-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Expensive? Didn't cost me a dime. I didn't sell my Saturn. How is that expensive!?

JoeChalupa
02-22-2014, 08:34 AM
I dont need to sell my junk for cash. Lazy? It was going to be hauled away on bulk day anyhow.

DMC
02-22-2014, 10:15 PM
So I'm getting my mail and a vato in a truck stops and asks if I got anything I'd like hauled away. "I got a stove in the garage" I say. He says I'll take it. He ends up taking the stove, old fridge and a freezer. Gratis! He then offers me $200 for my 1996 Saturn with 200K miles. Not bad.

Jacob probably would give you 250 for it, but he'd not be able to get insurance most likely and would need to make payments to you over a couple years.

DMC
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
this

Hide your valuab...

goods

The Reckoning
02-24-2014, 03:42 AM
they strip all your old vehicles/appliances/etc looking for scrap metal and most importantly copper wiring

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2014, 09:53 AM

:lmao @ getting $89 for a fridge, stove, and freezer. #1 steel scrap is like 8 cents a pound and that crap isn't #1 by a long shot.

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2014, 10:02 AM
:lmao @ getting $89 for a fridge, stove, and freezer. #1 steel scrap is like 8 cents a pound and that crap isn't #1 by a long shot.

I love me some scrap, though. Just hauled a shitload of #1 ($2.88#) and #2 ($2.70#) copper last week I had been saving all year until winter time (It's always higher after the snow falls in the North) and cleared 23K.

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
I think your heat exchangers are larger than mine. :lol

Yeah...took three trips with a flatbed and 16 foot trailer.

Spanklin
02-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Expensive? He didn't pay anything. He just missed out on some cash that he was too lazy to go get anyway. He wins as his laziness takes over and the other guy wins because he makes some moolah.

I don't want to argue with you, Avante Jr. I like your style. I like the scenario you set up.

Some of us view the world in more than simplistic cash terms. Opportunity cost, etc.... terms taught in business school.

I could have a perfectly good John Deer Tractor sitting empty in my backyard. It might not cost me a dime to burn it to the ground, but I'd consider doing so expensive.

I just got $22 and change for a stove. I live close enough to a Nucor mini-mill that hauling is cheap and there's enough local competition to keep prices competitive. Other places may be able to fleece customers easier.

I. Hustle
02-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Some of us view the world in more than simplistic cash terms. Opportunity cost, etc.... terms taught in business school.

I could have a perfectly good John Deer Tractor sitting empty in my backyard. It might not cost me a dime to burn it to the ground, but I'd consider doing so expensive.

I just got $22 and change for a stove. I live close enough to a Nucor mini-mill that hauling is cheap and there's enough local competition to keep prices competitive. Other places may be able to fleece customers easier.

:rolleyes

I understood what was TRYING to be said. 1.) a perfectly good tractor compared to crap that doesn't work isn't the same at all. If you are looking at it from a "business" aspect then you would realize that a "perfectly good tractor" can be sold because of it's value. It's unlikely that he is going to get the same kind of return on an old fridge that doesn't work. 2.) He was never going to try and sell it for scrap on his own. Instead he was just going to push it out to the curb for bulk pickup. Instead, he gives this guy a chance to profit off of it.
3.) back to your John Deer, burning it to the ground would cost you the price of fuel (to burn it), clean up materials once it is burned and the hauling away of the end result. So, it would really be way more expensive than letting someone else pick it up and haul it off.

I like how people are in school and learning something and can't wait to let everyone know. Either that or they took a couple of CC classes one time a few years ago.