PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Are the Los Angeles Lakers still claiming the titles won in Minneapolis as their own?

HemisfairArena
02-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Is there even a lake in L.A.? If the Steelers were to move to Los Angeles....they would claim they now have 6 Super Bowl titles in Los Angeles. LMAO....I asked Los Angeles Laker fans...if the Lakers moved to Boise, Idaho...does that mean Boise, Idaho can claim they have won 16 titles and the history that is Magic, Kareem, Wilt, ect....needless to say...they said no way,,,but they have no problem claiming other cities accomplishments as their own.

unforeseen
02-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Toluca Lake bitches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toluca_Lake,_Los_Angeles

irishock
02-21-2014, 11:26 PM
You're totally not obsessed with the Lakers :lol

Clipper Nation
02-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Not gonna lie, he's been dropping truthbomb after truthbomb on Kirby :lol

benefactor
02-21-2014, 11:30 PM
We have our own KoolAid...balance, tbh.

GenuineLakerfan
02-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Is there even a lake in L.A.? If the Steelers were to move to Los Angeles....they would claim they now have 6 Super Bowl titles in Los Angeles. LMAO....I asked Los Angeles Laker fans...if the Lakers moved to Boise, Idaho...does that mean Boise, Idaho can claim they have won 16 titles and the history that is Magic, Kareem, Wilt, ect....needless to say...they said no way,,,but they have no problem claiming other cities accomplishments as their own.

If you put on Careless Whispers by George Michaels and read this post, you can almost hear the hurt.

Venti Quattro
Anyone who posts the simplest hate message against Kobe in this forum is what constitutes a "truth bomb against Kirby".

HemisfairArena
Los Angeles is the only team to steal another cities titles and claim them as their own. Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, Miami, Houston, Detroit, ect....has earned them in their own cities. Give back the 5 titles you stole from Minneapolis....earn the 16 on your own in Los Angeles. You just want any advantage to be closer to Boston but in reality you only have 11 titles won in os Angeles.

Thebesteva
02-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Los Angeles is the only team to steal another cities titles and claim them as their own. Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, Miami, Houston, Detroit, ect....has earned them in their own cities. Give back the 5 titles you stole from Minneapolis....earn the 16 on your own in Los Angeles. You just want any advantage to be closer to Boston but in reality you only have 11 titles won in os Angeles.

Sup old timer?

06-09-2013
#1 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216432&p=6642944&viewfull=1#post6642944)

HemisfairArena (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29789)

Believe.My TeamSan Antonio SpursPost Count618

I am an old guy...just look at my user name. I grew up with Gervin, Gilmore, and Silas. ...Johnny Moore...Dietrick...Stan Albeck...Bob Bass....ect...We never won a title until Duncan came to town and I look at these opportunities as icing on the cake. But others here say we suck...we are horrible...ect... Alot of you are to young to know..the Spurs will eventually leave San Antonio. We would already be in Kansas City if not for drafting David Robinson and saving the franchise. Once Duncan retires...Manu retires...and Pop retires...its only a matter of time before the Spurs are relocated. We suck at supporting teams in San Antonio. Its the same reason we have an empty Alamodome. Enjoy it while it lasts...because we need lighting to strike twice and land another Tim Duncan in the draft to keep the Spurs in San Antonio.

[/QUOTE]

06-01-2012
#1 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198618&p=5935625&viewfull=1#post5935625)

HemisfairArena (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29789)

Believe.My TeamSan Antonio SpursPost Count618

No more winning streak to be concerned with. Scottie Brooks isnt in the same league as Popovich as a coach and making adjustments. I wouldnt doubt we win by 15+ in game 4. Remember when Laker fans were so happy when they beat us by 20 in the first game we played them this year? We then came back and beat them by 20+ in the next two games we played them...no we dont hear from them anymore. We are a very tough team and rebound from a loss easily. No worries.

MeloHype
02-22-2014, 12:15 AM
They would claim they have 17 titles if the clippers won one

whitemamba
02-22-2014, 12:27 AM
OP's an idiot,kobe has more rings than the spurs.

GenuineLakerfan
02-22-2014, 12:50 AM
OP's an idiot,kobe has more rings than the spurs.

:hat

Killakobe81
02-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Boo fucking hop

Why don't y'all claim your ABA titles?

Oh wait ...my mistake. Only titles are in the Duncan/Pop era

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 01:07 AM
claiming another teams rings as theirs, just like its fanbase claiming shaqs 3 rings as kobes 3 alpha...

every nba fan knows who was the coatrider besides the brainwashed kobefan base...

LkrFan
02-22-2014, 01:38 AM

If Duncan one day grew a mustache, would he not still be a fag? :lol

:downspin:

Thread
02-22-2014, 04:00 AM

Boiled down:::

Allen backing into the channel & Bosh getting straightened out.

Lettin' 'em beat you like that...had it in the case...made ya give it back...Pop, dry humpin' legs left///Pop, dry humpin' legs right. Duncan, layin' with men. Media, leavin' ya to us.

Crawl, motherfucker, smack the floor & crawl!!!

AchillesHeel
02-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Still, it's:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

tee, hee.

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 08:04 AM
We have our own KoolAid...balance, tbh.

mexican heritage denier please...that lame fuck with lame ass views can't see Kool...not even close to a nigga like me

Rogue
02-22-2014, 10:12 AM
they kept the name "lakers" so they were privileged to claim those titles. Methunder were not allowed to inherit the name of Super Sonics" so they have zero title. The titles are binded with the name of a franchise rather than the city it's located in, imho, unless the franchise changes its name without moving home (e.g. Pelicans and Wizards)

Thread
02-22-2014, 10:22 AM
After the three peat early in the century the Celtics, in close association with Media got a cadence going that there was consideration of stripping the Lakers of the Minneapolis NBA Titles. It was a conspiracy of course to maintain the Celtics place in the pantheon. Once Kobe ran Daddy off and committed rape the cries from MA., calmed considerably. When they beat us bloody in '08 that quelled the talk at once. After we went back-to-back for like the third time in the century Boston/Media didn't dare open their mouths...even they're not that brazen, they have at least an ounce of self-respect,,,Celtics, not Media.

tee, hee...Kobe rifling it to Artest...tee, hee...Pierce bucklin' just a smidge, before Artest took his life. Hell, these two weren't even supposed to be back in L.A. again. Remember?

Let us proceed...

Bynumite
02-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Boiled down:

Minneapolis Lakers 5 > Spurs 4

Let us proceed...

FYM
02-22-2014, 10:47 AM
I do hope so tbh

17 16 is much more painful for them than a 17-11

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:04 AM
I do hope so tbh

Absolutely. And it rests in '08. It ultimately rests in the failure of Bryant there to stop the hemorrhaging up 23 Game 4 (he did not...so it went from 2-2 to 3-1) and in Kobe's failure to take a stick to Gasol and make him meet Perkins & Powe on the angle. He did not. That was Kobe's failure to (look) at Gasol's pathology in TN., and preemptively strike. Bryant was tardy. You can't be tardy,,,not when the public record exists and you SEE Boston come for him, cut him out of the herd in order to ruin him. It's the same MO Boston used in the '60s-'80s. Find their weakness and destroy it before it destroys us.

When (we're) playing each other at Finals,,,in reality it's 2 games. 16-17 is 17-16 in the switch out.

FYM
02-22-2014, 11:09 AM
When (we're) playing each other at Finals,,,in reality it's 2 games. 16-17 is 17-16 in the switch out.

Pretty much. A tie is all for Lakers to take the crown no doubt. Thanks god we have dat little one still.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 11:11 AM
dont think any team out there can take that aids title away from them

Killakobe81
02-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I do hope so tbh

Quibbles with the totals are for the bottom feeders.
When we play like last night they talk about the 33 combined titles.
We dont have to claim (yet we do) the league does it for us and ultimately it is ALL that matters.

Bulls and spurs had some nice decades recently ... and Miami's ring count is cute.
But Celts are the only true Lakers rival and I am glad we have a few finals victories to validate it.
Celts use to own our ass and after 1984 I though dat shit would never change.
Dat Henderson steal was soul crushing Magic, Kareem worthy failing us at the worst time ...

FYM
02-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Quibbles with the totals are for the bottom feeders.
When we play like last night they talk about the 33 combined titles.
We dont have to claim (yet we do) the league does it for us and ultimately it is ALL that matters.

Bulls and spurs had some nice decades recently ... and Miami's ring count is cute.
But Celts are the only true Lakers rival and I am glad we have a few finals victories to validate it.
Celts use to own our ass and after 1984 I though dat shit would never change.
Dat Henderson steal was soul crushing Magic, Kareem worthy failing us at the worst time ...

thats why 1 and 08 are important for celts franchise. A tie would be a big fat Lakers victory IMHO. Our greatness is quite old now, time to validate it again. Fortunately for us 1 is still there, lakers need to rebuild like us and Lebron is dominant... That's give celts a bit of time to put things together

FYM
02-22-2014, 11:21 AM
dont think any team out there can take that aids title away from them

MJ is gay, defeated aids and is billionaire, it could be worst for Lakers tbh

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:25 AM
MJ is gay, defeated aids and is billionaire, it could be worst for Lakers tbh

True. He could have discovered his HIV status much earlier and we would not have gotten the 5 out of him.

But, if he'd just slowed the fuck down at finding it out instead of rushing to the gd podium. Where the fuck was the fire? It was '92, not '82. HIV had been around for nigh on 15 years. That's my regret. He quit unnecessarily.

Fabbs
02-22-2014, 12:29 PM
claiming another teams rings as theirs, just like its fanbase claiming shaqs 3 rings as kobes 3 alpha...

every nba fan knows who was the coatrider besides the brainwashed kobefan base...
sup

Thread
02-22-2014, 12:37 PM
sup

Fabbs, running just as fast as he can.

:lol

UZER
02-22-2014, 05:12 PM
They would claim they have 17 titles if the clippers won one

:lol