PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe To Swaggy P and Other Teammates:" No More Card Games On Long Flights"....

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 09:10 AM
:lol Dwight didn't want no parts of this championship mindset...

“It drives me crazy when we’re on the plane and the first thing he does is pick up a stack of cards,” Bryant said of Young. “It’s a 5 1/2-hour flight. You can take the first hour and do your homework and then you can do cards for the next four hours. It’s doing the homework and the mental preparation that’s really the biggest change for him.”

Lakers strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco conceded Young hitting “rock bottom” when he went to a recent team event at a movie theatre consuming a handful of pizza, popcorn, soda and candy. Even with Bryant crediting last season’s efficiency toward losing 16 pounds stemmed from dieting, Young has struggled reducing his sugar intake.

“I’m working on it, but I’ve never been a diet type of person,” said Young, who typically eats Fruit Loops, fried chicken, candy and cupcakes. “I got a lot of home-cooked meals with my parents. I’ve been eating this way all my life. To change it like that, it’s tough. When I’m at home, I want something to snack on. I don’t want to eat dried berries.”

With how much Bryant has taught Young, though, he sounds eager to soak in more lessons.

“Kobe is right there telling me, guiding me like a coach from that sideline and telling me what to do and keeping my head up,” Young said. “Kobe’s been a great mentor for me all season.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140121/lakers-nick-young-learning-a-lot-from-kobe-bryant

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2014, 09:39 AM
lol male strip poker

Thread
02-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Kool Aid Man

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Kool Aid Man

and know what else Cully...for the naysayers this is a CLASSIC example of making your teammates better...I'm talking classic...the pressure that Kobe puts on people by his mere presence is one of the greatest examples not just in the NBA but in Corporate America of making someone better...working for a lazy boss or one who lives what he preaches...there is no greater example of making people better...my cousin would do this to me growing up...he would put so much pressure on me when we played street ball and I had two choices..tuck my tail and fold or develop an awesome game...of course I chose the former..ooops I meant latter...:lmao

Props to Kobe though

Thread
02-22-2014, 10:51 AM
and know what else Cully...for the naysayers this is a CLASSIC example of making your teammates better...I'm talking classic...the pressure that Kobe puts on people by his mere presence is one of the greatest examples not just in the NBA but in Corporate America of making someone better...working for a lazy boss or one who lives what he preaches...there is no greater example of making people better...my cousin would do this to me growing up...he would put so much pressure on me when we played street ball and I had two choices..tuck my tail and fold or develop an awesome game...of course I chose the former..ooops I meant latter...:lmao

Props to Kobe though

Absolutely, but, Media will never cite these moments. They've already written the Kobe Story. Media's regret is the double crosses that Kobe put down,,,the rise from rape and Kobe rousing the old man from slumber and demand Buss carry his end of the log. Result:::15 & 16. Kobe's reclamation & resurrection of Ron Artest. Result:::16. Kobe's debriefing of Dwight Howard at the 11th hour and Howard's honest refusal to Kobe's grim path to ring. Kobe beating Pau Gasol mercilessly to 15 & 16...because there was no other way.

Fucking Media.

Kobe Bryant

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Absolutely, but, Media will never cite these moments. They've already written the Kobe Story. Media's regret is the double crosses that Kobe put down,,,the rise from rape and Kobe rousing the old man from slumber and demand Buss carry his end of the log. Result:::15 & 16. Kobe's reclamation & resurrection of Ron Artest. Result:::16. Kobe's debriefing of Dwight Howard at the 11th hour and Howard's honest refusal to Kobe's grim path to ring. Kobe beating Pau Gasol mercilessly to 15 & 16...because there was no other way.

Fucking Media.

Kobe Bryant

Koolaid Man's Dad :toast

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 10:59 AM

Fucking Media.

Kobe Bryant

and Cully don't forget to add it wasn't just about Colorado...it was the fact that the white girl went to a party and told all her friends that Kobe had a 13-14 inch dick...I think more than anything that sent the media over the edge :lol

Killakobe81
02-22-2014, 11:08 AM
I think people that say Kobe's a horrible team-mate/leader is misguided.
He is just a "hard" leader. They type that can put a shoulder around you when you need it but prefers to put a foot in your ass when you are unproductive.
Most prefer the "coaching" leader but in many cases is the dictator style that gets more results. That is why when coaches (Think Parcells/Knight/BillB and sometimes Pop) or players (MJ/Pippen) are driven harsh leaders they need the softer cheerleader type leaders (Think Fisher/Odom/Pippen/duncan etc.) to balance it out.

And yes I do prefer duncan's style in corporate america and when I used to hoop but every once in a while ... Needed someone to drive harder and if I did not get it I would have to fill that void. We know Mike D runs a loose ship.

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:10 AM
and Cully don't forget to add it wasn't just about Colorado...it was the fact that the white girl went to a party and told all her friends that Kobe had a 13-14 inch dick...I think more than anything that sent the media over the edge :lol

& you proved that principle in Vegas.

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I think people that say Kobe's a horrible team-mate/leader is misguided.
He is just a "hard" leader. They type that can put a shoulder around you when you need it but prefers to put a foot in your ass when you are unproductive.
Most prefer the "coaching" leader but in many cases is the dictator style that gets more results. That is why when coaches (Think Parcells/Knight/BillB and sometimes Pop) or players (MJ/Pippen) are driven harsh leaders they need the softer cheerleader type leaders (Think Fisher/Odom/Pippen/duncan etc.) to balance it out.

And yes I do prefer duncan's style in corporate america and when I used to hoop but every once in a while ... Needed someone to drive harder and if I did not get it I would have to fill that void. We know Mike D runs a loose ship.

& Jordan was just as hard & mean. The facts are now surfacing in bits & pieces thru Kerr (and attendant Media) and some others about Jordan's principles and practices there in Chicago. "We" tell & handle the truth now because the legend will trump it without any fear of the alternative. You don't triple twice without somebody beating the rest of the somebodies mercilessly. And that is what Jordan did.

Rogue
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
lol homework, dude still thinks he's a highschool student or what? oh wait... technically he IS still a HS student...

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2014, 07:32 PM
lol homework, dude still thinks he's a highschool student or what? oh wait... technically he IS still a HS student...

give it up Rogie..Kobe speaks fluent Italian and Spanish and plays piano...showing his intellectual capacity...I'm sure Kobe is 10x smarter than you Rogie better make it 100x :hat