PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: The NBA is so boring this year

thunderup
02-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Someone wake me up when the playoffs start.

lefty
02-22-2014, 06:18 PM
We won't

Michael Jordan.
02-22-2014, 06:18 PM
We won't
:lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2014, 06:19 PM
OP is right. When the Lakers are bad, everybody suffers.

Leetonidas
02-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Lakers were god awful last season and it made it entertaining as shit :lol it's just not funny anymore because it's a scrub fest at Staples every night

MeloHype
02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Can't wait for the Eastern conference first round playoffs

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Lakers were a fringe team with drama last year. This year they're terrible so the global apathy towards the NBA is understood and justified. It is what it is.

ElNono
02-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Too many games, and many teams tanking... never a good combo.

irishock
02-22-2014, 06:25 PM
League was better when LA and Boston were at the top of the mountain, I agree.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2014, 06:34 PM
League was better when LA and Boston were at the top of the mountain, I agree.
The Association needs its villains.

The WC playoffs will deliver this year though, regardless.

irishock
02-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't count on it. The last two playoff seasons have been godawful (except games 6, 7 of the finals last spring). It's been shit ever since the lockout.

The Heat are supposed to be the villains but they're not buying it.

lefty
02-22-2014, 06:36 PM
The WC playoffs will deliver this year though, regardless.
Meh I dont think so

Memphis is shit, Portland has been exposed, the Spurs still have Ayres and Parker, the Clippers still can't play D to save their lives, Phoenix is a 2nd round exit

OKC is deep when healthy and they are a great FT team

Clipper Nation
02-22-2014, 06:38 PM
People whine that the league is boring literally every single year :lol

irishock
02-22-2014, 06:40 PM
You know the league is boring when the fucking Spurs have been involved in the 3 best playoff games the past two years (6, 7, game 5 vs OKC) :lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2014, 06:42 PM
I agree about Portland and the Clippers...seems like they're perpetual pretenders. Disagree about Memphis--they'll always be a bitch to play in the PO. I think GSW and Dallas put up better fights than people expect. Still expect Phoenix to miss the playoffs

Thread
02-22-2014, 07:25 PM
You think it's bad now, wait till the that '11 CBA kicks fully in...[miserly] will be ultra popular with each team trying to out cheap the rest.

HI-FI
02-22-2014, 07:28 PM
this season has been boring, i won't lie. IIRC, there was a period where the hard cap really kicked in for the NFL, where it seemed every team was .500. Since then teams have figured out how to compete and it's better for it, so hopefully that is what's occurring with this era.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2014, 07:31 PM
You think it's bad now, wait till the that '11 CBA kicks fully in...[miserly] will be ultra popular with each team trying to out cheap the rest.

Cubs

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jewish-hunger-games-kvetching-fire.jpg

Rogue
02-22-2014, 07:56 PM
if you inhale crystal 24/7 you'd think everything else boring, imho.

baseline bum
02-22-2014, 09:16 PM
if you inhale crystal 24/7 you'd think everything else boring, imho.

Truth man. Methamphetamine use shuts down natural dopamine production so that a meth-smoker can never feel joy, even if the Thunder were to win the title.

Thread
02-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Truth man. Methamphetamine use shuts down natural dopamine production so that a meth-smoker can never feel joy, even if the Thunder were to win the title.

I have to have proof, no later that this June.

FYM
02-22-2014, 10:20 PM

You sir are a faggot and a funny one acting like the ugly girl who received some sort of accolade from the hot chick of the school wanting to show she could transform a nobod into a desirable object.

lol big dog shit

Harlem put a bit of perfume on you but don't act you suddenly smell good, you still smell shit

DMC
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
It always gets this way when one team is dominating the league for half a decade. Imagine how it must have been during the Russell era, 9 in a row or something stupid like that. Why even watch? You could go from a 10 year old kid to a 20 year old adult and never have a different NBA champion. That era is highly overrated because of it.

FYM
02-22-2014, 10:26 PM
It always gets this way when one team is dominating the league for half a decade. Imagine how it must have been during the Russell era, 9 in a row or something stupid like that. Why even watch? You could go from a 10 year old kid to a 20 year old adult and never have a different NBA champion. That era is highly overrated because of it.

Im sure Russell era was great tbh

GenuineLakerfan
02-22-2014, 10:50 PM

Nonsense, Lebron is dominating in historic fashion. The NBA is scared of the inevitable 3rd ring, Spurs fans still dreaming of what could have been.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2014, 12:30 AM

Welcome to most seasons as a Spurs fan. Seriously, aside from the occasional marquee matchups, the NBA regular season is fairly droll. That's why the NFL is so damn fun. Every game and usually every play matters. Good teams don't make the post-season. Average teams almost never do, unlike the NBA. Plus, even if a game isn't a huge playoff situation you still get the big hits. That's always fun.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Not to mention the insane parity the NFL has.

DMC
02-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Not to mention the insane parity the NFL has.

Yeah, the Superbowl was a nail biter.

Brazil
02-23-2014, 09:10 AM
You sir are a faggot and a funny one acting like the ugly girl who received some sort of accolade from the hot chick of the school wanting to show she could transform a nobod into a desirable object.

lol big dog shit

Harlem put a bit of perfume on you but don't act you suddenly smell good, you still smell shit

:lol

JohnnyMax
02-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Boring is codeword for Demoralized as in Thunder fans are demoralized after getting blown out by Miami

Bill_Brasky
02-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Welcome to most seasons as a Spurs fan. Seriously, aside from the occasional marquee matchups, the NBA regular season is fairly droll. That's why the NFL is so damn fun. Every game and usually every play matters. Good teams don't make the post-season. Average teams almost never do, unlike the NBA. Plus, even if a game isn't a huge playoff situation you still get the big hits. That's always fun.
I find that our most entertaining RS games often come against teams like the Wolves and the Pelicans. Against the better teams, both teams are saving their best strategies for the playoffs and don't wanna tip their hand.

Plus its always kind of fun to watch some scrub blow his load for the other team and then have them not close it out on us.

Relevancy
02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
I honesty miss the flash Kobe used to bring to the game, he was a different player from everyone else, and no matter how great James is, he'll never reach the flashiness like Kobe at least to me.

thunderup
02-23-2014, 11:18 AM
:lol Wow, the NBA forum has so many scrubs nowadays. Always trying to go at Big Dog to get some cred.

Splits
02-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Now I see what all you guys mean about this season's Tdownsyndrome and his awesome basketball takes. Five star thread, will recommend to nobody.

thunderup
02-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Now I see what all you guys mean about this season's Tdownsyndrome and his awesome basketball takes. Five star thread, will recommend to nobody.
:lol your wife

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-23-2014, 12:42 PM
To OP, make sure when you turn 16 you get some pussy, ASAP

Bynumite
02-23-2014, 12:42 PM

What's entertaining about watching your team get swept in the Finals?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
I honesty miss the flash Kobe used to bring to the game, he was a different player from everyone else, and no matter how great James is, he'll never reach the flashiness like Kobe at least to me.

Agreed. LeBron and Durant are great.. no doubt.. but they both lack the Alpha mindset Kobe had.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM

WCF**

spurs10
02-23-2014, 12:45 PM
:lol Wow, the NBA forum has so many scrubs nowadays. Always trying to go at Big Dog to get some cred. If by "Big Dog" you mean the Miami Heat, then you are correct. The Finals championship team and the conference champs always have a target on their back.

thunderup
02-23-2014, 12:52 PM
To OP, make sure when you turn 16 you get some pussy, ASAP
You mean like Cat? No thanks.

That's telling me, jeebus.

apalisoc_9
02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
OP's schetick was good for a couple of weeks max. if you factor his posting history it starts to get boring..I'd give it another month before he transitions from another schetick otherwise, he could possibly be as bad as Kool..

Unfortunately, so many dumbfucks here that continue to bite. :lol

kobe4life
02-23-2014, 02:17 PM
The NBA is boring because God hasn't played for most of year. Lets face it God is hundred times for entertaining then the Servant or the Great Satan. Both of those guys can't generate the type of ratings God generates.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Yeah, the Superbowl was a nail biter.

Just going to point out that the consensus pick among many expers in the sSuper Bowl this year was Atlanta vs Houston.

DMC
02-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Just going to point out that the consensus pick among many expers in the sSuper Bowl this year was Atlanta vs Houston.

And the Lakers were supposed to be in the Finals last season.

FYM
02-23-2014, 02:53 PM
:lol Wow, the NBA forum has so many scrubs nowadays. Always trying to go at Big Dog to get some cred.

:lol look a faggot dressed up by his boy friend thinking he is the queen of the prom

thunderup
02-23-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna unleash a little of my inner-@Avante but anybody who knows football would tell you that Houst:loln fluked out a successful season the previous year due to a soft schedule. Once the competition got tougher and Schaub figured out who he really was, the wheels came off and that entire bitchmade franchise was relegated to a shameful display of tanking.

:lol @ Atlanta making a Super Bowl with that pussy QB

thunderup
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
:lol look a faggot dressed up by his boy friend thinking he is the queen of the prom
:lol who the fuck are you and why are you following me around scrub?

FYM
02-23-2014, 03:09 PM
:lol who the fuck are you and why are you following me around scrub?

Who the fuck you think you are ? A big dog bullying some gnsf.. That's your achievement ?

thunderup
02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
A big dog bullying some gnsf.. That's your achievement ?
That first part, it just happens. And yes, that's my name.

jeebus
02-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Speaking of boring, how bout this Heat/Bulls game featuring Lebeta's fatass dad, a pedophile, Mike Dunleavy, Miami's 10 players over the age of 40, and Thibs shitty coaching abilities?