PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Heat V Pacers ECF, is there any other series worth watching this year?

GenuineLakerfan
02-22-2014, 10:54 PM
We all know Lebron and the Heatles are dominating even on cruise control. Not a team in the WCF can pray for being more than a mosquito annoying a lion. I assume the finals will be another showing of Durbeta coming in 2nd again or Tammy retiring at 4 and running off to Trinidad with Enrique. Lakers are on vacation mode and will be back to winning rings once the King has retired. However, the only series that is even worth watching is Pacers V Heat.

I don't see a single match up in the NBA that is even remotely interesting outside of this

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
The Spurs beat 'em last June. Sure, they didn't end up with it, but, that don't change the facts of what happened. Just because Media didn't beat it out of them in front of "us" don't mean Pop and his people don't know it. They know. And they'd love nothing more than to go back there against them.

I want no part of it. I don't trust Pop & I don't trust James any farther than I can toss either of 'em.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Thunder/Spurs is gonna be good

MeloHype
02-22-2014, 11:03 PM
The 4/5 seeds in the west is always a good series

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Thunder/Spurs is gonna be good

& I'll be here once again---in spirit.

ElNono
02-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Looking forward to a potential Memphis/Clippers series, tbh

Thebesteva
02-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Jim Buss v Phil Jackson at the dinner table during 4th of July tbh. The best match up we'll never see

Arnold Toht
02-22-2014, 11:24 PM
No one post in this thread. This guy seems awfully fishy to me.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Griz/Thunder will be good. Gonna be hilarious watching the Thunder get dominated only to get bailed out at the end of each game.

02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
OP went full potato. Every potential match up in western conference, from the first round, to the conference finals, are going to be entertaining. Can't say the same for the East.

GenuineLakerfan

All great things in life are fishy, just like stinky ****

DMC
Spurs get swept in the 1st round by the Suns.

Arnold Toht
02-22-2014, 11:34 PM
All great things in life are fishy, just like stinky ****

You two-faced piece of shit. I'm going to find out who you are.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Anal Tit with the saltiness :lol

Arnold Toht
02-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Something's not right in here, 0. You should watch your back.

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Something's not right in here, 0. You should watch your back.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
02-22-2014, 11:43 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ 0 (Cavs AND Suns)

<--- 13

elmanutres
02-22-2014, 11:44 PM
The Spurs beat 'em last June. Sure, they didn't end up with it, but, that don't change the facts of what happened. Just because Media didn't beat it out of them in front of "us" don't mean Pop and his people don't know it. They know. And they'd love nothing more than to go back there against them.

I want no part of it. I don't trust Pop & I don't trust James any farther than I can toss either of 'em.
All I ask of ya is to stay.

Thread
02-22-2014, 11:52 PM
All I ask of ya is to stay.

No way. I'll come back afterward. I can't do it every day, Elm. It's too much for me. It's psychological.

I don't do "game threads"---I do postmortems.

irishock
02-23-2014, 12:03 AM
No way. I'll come back afterward. I can't do it every day, Elm. It's too much for me. It's psychological.

Last year's comeback was legendary :lol

Thread
02-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Last year's comeback was legendary :lol

It saved a lot of wear & tear.

spurraider21
02-23-2014, 12:14 AM
coming from the guy who listed himself as a mavfan?

spurraider21
02-23-2014, 12:14 AM

where were you after game 4 of the spurs-lakers series last year?

HI-FI
02-23-2014, 12:21 AM

:lol
At home, Thread?

Thread
02-23-2014, 12:21 AM

Don't be purposely obtuse.

Thread
02-23-2014, 12:22 AM
At home, Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320)?

Where you guys were 17 June 2010. I didn't call ya's on it then because you were entitled.

GenuineLakerfan
02-23-2014, 12:40 AM
You two-faced piece of shit. I'm going to find out who you are.

LOL Maverick fan

Rogue
02-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Mavs - Lockets matchup would be interesting to watch imho. Teams are tied 2-2 in the regular season but Mavs play a style of game favored by the playoffs (more experience and better ball movement)

jimbo
02-23-2014, 02:43 AM
OP went full potato. Every potential match up in western conference, from the first round, to the conference finals, are going to be entertaining. Can't say the same for the East.

Watching the Western conference is gonna be a bit like watching college basketball. All irrelevant. Who cares about the West when the champions are gonna be either Miami or Indiana.

I gave the Thunder a chance in the past, but I was just being nice to them.

Thread
02-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Watching the Western conference is gonna be a bit like watching college basketball. All irrelevant. Who cares about the West when the champions are gonna be either Miami or Indiana.

I gave the Thunder a chance in the past, but I was just being nice to them.

Indiana hasn't proved anything, jimbo. Miami hasn't confirmed anything as well. Pop cornered James last June and then let him out. It ended up Bosh bailing them out much to the chagrin of Media who had just spent 48 hours priming him for the hangman's tree.

Pop had their numberPERIOD

You just did not finish it.

Who knows if anybody else was watching & taking notes on Pop's strategy. Pop won't forget though. He brazened it out with the hugs & kisses, but, he ain't going to forget it and what he learned.

jimbo
02-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Indiana hasn't proved anything, jimbo. Miami hasn't confirmed anything as well. Pop cornered James last June and then let him out. It ended up Bosh bailing them out much to the chagrin of Media who had just spent 48 hours priming him for the hangman's tree.

Pop had their numberPERIOD

You just did not finish it.

Who knows if anybody else was watching & taking notes on Pop's strategy. Pop won't forget though. He brazened it out with the hugs & kisses, but, he ain't going to forget it and what he learned.

Indiana got just as far as the Spurs did versus the Champs. Miami's gone back to back, just as impressive as anything the Lakers have done in the last decade. In '11 we gave the Lakers the "playoff switch" card until they were swept (period), but until that moment they were recognized as contenders.

Pop's strategy showed it's holes when Miami started hitting those jumpers or when Miami was able to outspace the zone when Lebron lost his headband. They'e only gone downhill in 3 point shooting though.. But, I'll give them my respects until they prove otherwise.

Thread
02-23-2014, 04:29 PM
^That "headband" materiel is childish banter, jimbo. Don't do that. It's meaningless.

jimbo
02-23-2014, 04:33 PM
^:lol It's true though. Lebron at the PF with shooters all around him was able to slice through the Spurs' D. It was only when Wade came back in that the spacing died and the turnovers began. There would be no 6 if Spo hadn't put Wade & Co back in.

Thread
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
^:lol It's true though. Lebron at the PF with shooters all around him was able to slice through the Spurs' D. It was only when Wade came back in that the spacing died and the turnovers began. There would be no 6 if Spo hadn't put Wade & Co back in.

Fine if you're marking the spot with the headband. As long as you're not citing losing it as the impetus.

---

I won't deny James his 2 in-a-row. Nobody can, but, to ignore the facts in the victory is foolhardy. That Media let you lose without warrant is great for you...Pop appreciated it, but, he wasn't spoiled by the grace of Media. He knows he fucked up. But, he's secure in the boundless knowledge that he beat them because of his own strategies. Is Pop reckless enough to surmise the Heat are of that realization? No. Are the Heat reckless enough to not realize what went down there last June? I don't know. Probably not. It wasn't lost on Riley that's for certain.

Venti Quattro
04-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah if you want to see Indiana get beaten by Miami in 5 games, this series will be fun.

Rummpd
04-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Pacers not making the ECF - implosion city.

RsxPiimp
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Pacers still matches well with Miami. Unfortunately they blow against the rest :lol

Clipper Nation
04-06-2014, 08:31 PM

This, tbh.... LeBron and Allen bailed out WadePERIOD

jimbo
04-06-2014, 08:35 PM
This just solidifies the Heat as the champions tbh. Indiana is gonna give them trouble like they always do but now we know that the Thunder are gonna roll through the Spurs to the finals again.

Beta ain't upending Lebron.

DD
04-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Heat will sweep Indy

StrengthAndHonor
04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
I have to say, as much as I hate Lebron, if the dude 3 peats this year, he's a lock at Top 3 of all time.

Thebesteva
04-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I have to say, as much as I hate Lebron, if the dude 3 peats this year, he's a lock at Top 3 of all time.