PDA

View Full Version : Big Baby Davis Signs with Clippers

Embedded
02-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I was never comfortable with him, really. Some of the stuff he's done is really dumb. I would like for Danny Grainger to be a Spur. He's a tough customer.

DesignatedT
02-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah we know. It's in all the other buyout/free agent threads.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-23-2014, 07:56 PM
I never liked Fat Baby Davis. Don't want him anywhere near a Spur uniform. Fuck that guy. Granger would be nice, but I don't see it happening. It's the Spurs we are talking about.

tholdren
02-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Davis is among a Long list of players i have entitled, he made the nba? I need to tryout

tholdren
02-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I never liked Fat Baby Davis. Don't want him anywhere near a Spur uniform. Fuck that guy. Granger would be nice, but I don't see it happening. It's the Spurs we are talking about.

Shit bro, you whackin off? You just hit 1k!!@##

ThaBigFundamental21
02-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Shit bro, you whackin off? You just hit 1k!!@##

Holy shit, I gots to start a thread lol. I wouldn't even have noticed tbh. Thanks for the heads up.

Hoops Czar
02-23-2014, 08:01 PM
What, you thought he was going to sign with the Spurs? Get real.

Ice009
02-23-2014, 08:03 PM
I was never a fan of his anyway.

How was he playing the last couple of seasons? I don't recall seeing him play at all these last two seasons.

99 Problems
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Shame he did not go to a contender.

KaiRMD1
02-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Damn it, that's one

mudyez
02-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Great we didn't touch him, but he may help the Clipps more than we like. Now they have at least a 3 bigs rotation again and he is better than Twan, Mullins, Hollins or Turk.

look_at_g_shred
02-24-2014, 11:50 AM
I think this hurts them more than it helps them.

cd98
02-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I think players/pundits see the Clippers as a better team to reach the finals than the Spurs. Davis could have gone anywhere, but I'm sure he liked Doc's system and playing in LA. Spurs are going to be at the bottom of the contender list unless there is a Euro. I think Euro and other non-US-born players favor the Spurs because the Spurs seem to know how to implement foreigners in their system. It seems like a lot of other NBA teams struggle to use the Euro/foreign born player skill sets in their system.

Mel_13
02-24-2014, 12:39 PM
I think this hurts them more than it helps them.

He's an upgrade over Hedo and Hollins just like Diaw was an upgrade over Bonner and Blair in 2012. Obvious landing place for Davis and clearly makes the Clipps better.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-24-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm glad. I don't understand why people want Davis when they were bitching about undersized forwards like Blair.

look_at_g_shred
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
He's an upgrade over Hedo and Hollins just like Diaw was an upgrade over Bonner and Blair in 2012. Obvious landing place for Davis and clearly makes the Clipps better.
Agree but a team that relies purely on athleticism? I may be wrong but he could kill the second units chemistry with his big body. Especially on defense..the guy will have trouble getting around screens when it comes to teams like OKC and us. I could be wrong though.

Mel_13
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Agree but a team that relies purely on athleticism? I may be wrong but he could kill the second units chemistry with his big body. Especially on defense..the guy will have trouble getting around screens when it comes to teams like OKC and us. I could be wrong though.

He's not taking minutes from Jordan/Griffin, he's taking them from Hedo/Hollins. Hedo has only been with the team a few weeks and Hollins averages 8 mpg. I can't see how Davis disturbs any existing chemistry on the second unit.

Going back to my comparison to Diaw. There are specific aspects of the game where Blair and Bonner were better than Diaw, but the overall increase in player quality made playing Diaw a no-brainer. Same with Davis compared to the available alternatives for the minutes behind Griffin/Jordan.

cd98
02-24-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm glad. I don't understand why people want Davis when they were bitching about undersized forwards like Blair.

Glenn Davis is a much better player, even though he is undersized. He uses his girth to move guys out of the paint and he has good touch around the basket and an outside jumper. Blair got posted up low on the block and then was too short to contest the shot. Davis keeps the offensive player further on the block and makes him take tougher shots. Blair's offensive game is too limited for him to ever be an effective low post scorer in the NBA.

look_at_g_shred
02-24-2014, 01:31 PM
He's not taking minutes from Jordan/Griffin, he's taking them from Hedo/Hollins. Hedo has only been with the team a few weeks and Hollins averages 8 mpg. I can't see how Davis disturbs any existing chemistry on the second unit.

Going back to my comparison to Diaw. There are specific aspects of the game where Blair and Bonner were better than Diaw, but the overall increase in player quality made playing Diaw a no-brainer. Same with Davis compared to the available alternatives for the minutes behind Griffin/Jordan.
Yeah that's true.

siraulo23
02-24-2014, 10:22 PM
I wanted big baby, i mean we have ayres and bonner on the team

surely he was gonna be an upgrade over the two, and he's got that mid range