PDA

View Full Version : I Used To Pride Myself On Not Crying During Movies

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 07:53 AM
but as I age I'm starting to find it's harder and harder...I find myself breaking down more often...and I try really hard sometimes to hold that tear back but then it comes..slowly out the corner of my eye...and when that happens and I'm on a date I just keep a straight face...and continue looking straight ahead I don't try to wipe the tear away...I'm determined to never let a woman see me cry at the movies but it is starting to happen to me more often...sometimes it bothers me because I know it's just a movie but I don't know why I get so emo at times...

Movies I've cried to:

Blue Valentine

Rocky 1-3

Armageddon

Marley and Me

The Hunger Games

Wall E

DJango Unchained

Wreck It Ralph

Gran Torino

Up In The Air

Never Let Me Go

The Pursuit of Happiness

The Movie O.

Tyler's Perry's For Colored Girls

The Truman Show.

A Walk To Remember

Message In A Bottle

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

The Green Mile

Crash

Million Dollar Baby

Steel Magnolias

Pay It Forward

Do The Right Thing (when they killed Radio Raheem)

Kobe Doin Work

Big Empty
02-24-2014, 10:40 AM
LOL man this happened on lone surviver. the only movie ive ever shed a tear or two(on a date lol). i did the same thing looked straight ahead

Thread
02-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Movies I've cried to:
The Movie O.

Nice citation, Kool. Very underrated. An intense examination of evil at root level.

DarrinS
02-24-2014, 11:40 AM
DJango?

Thread
02-24-2014, 12:02 PM
A Walk To Remember

& yet it'd been done a 1000 times, you knew where it was going and yet it still took you there.

And the father was brilliantly conceived, expertly written, and nailed to the wall by the actor. It is their relationship (the boy & father) where the film lights, right on thru her death and the young man's return to town. You're never quite sure the father is vested in this kid, but, it's what his daughter wanted. And that was enough.

Good stuff, Kool.

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 12:18 PM
& yet it'd been done a 1000 times, you knew where it was going and yet it still took you there.

And the father was brilliantly conceived, expertly written, and nailed to the wall by the actor. It is their relationship (the boy & father) where the film lights, right on thru her death and the young man's return to town. You're never quite sure the father is vested in this kid, but, it's what his daughter wanted. And that was enough.

Good stuff, Kool.

Don't even mention it Pappy,

Signed Nappy :hat

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 12:19 PM
DJango?

yeah...when the gross one eyed old man was eaten by the dogs

Thread
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Rocky 1-3

You must include {IV}, Kool. Not the whole thing,,,,,,only to the point where Creed is killed. After that it is hogwash, but, I forgive Stallone that trespass. He sets the character of Creed free in old fashioned Hollywood protocol, laced structurally by Stallone himself, his convictions & adherence to the timeline twixt 1-3. Now he didn't need a script girl, or, a continuity lackey to remind him where he'd been going in there. Stallone knew. He'd put all that on bond & on celluloid so he knew whence he came.

So, before he kills Creed he has him cite not his manager (Burton) nor his dearest enemy (Stallone) nor bloodline. No, it is his mentor, his conscience, his recognized equal/his wife. As Creed stands for the last time, leans back into that corner buckle, struggling to catch his final breaths he finds her. She his risen from where he'd stationed her. The tears are not yet in torrents. They'll be time for that, boundless years in fact. The tears just well, near the crest. He ever so gently nods, then turns to meet his fate.

You know who that is? Sylvester Stallone.

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Nice citation, Kool. Very underrated. An intense examination of evil at root level.

^ Othello or Obama :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 12:25 PM
You must include {IV}, Kool. Not the whole thing,,,,,,only to the point where Creed is killed. After that it is hogwash, but, I forgive Stallone that trespass. He sets the character of Creed free in old fashioned Hollywood protocol, laced structurally by Stallone himself, his convictions & adherence to the timeline twixt 1-3. Now he didn't need a script girl, or, a continuity lackey to remind him where he'd been going in there. Stallone knew. He'd put all that on bond & on celluloid so he knew whence he came.

So, before he kills Creed he has him cite not his manager (Burton) nor his dearest enemy (Stallone) nor bloodline. No, it is his mentor, his conscience, his recognized equal/his wife. As Creed stands for the last time, leans back into that corner buckle, struggling to catch his final breaths he finds her. She his risen from where he'd stationed her. The tears are not yet in torrents. They'll be time for that, boundless years in fact. The tears just well, near the crest. He ever so gently nods, then turns to meet his fate.

You know who that is? Sylvester Stallone.

excellent summary Cully...try not to cry while you watch this expose of black and white love:

EoDKQYn-ANE

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Cully I admit based on your hell raising attitude on Mono's show I picture you as Clint in Gran Torino....

Rogue
02-24-2014, 09:38 PM
when I watched Independence Day for the first time I was nearly moved to tears, and the same effect was felt again in 2011 when Dirk lifted that goddamn trophy :cry

z0sa
02-24-2014, 09:42 PM
^ I shed tears when DRob lifted that trophy in 2003. I wasn't sobbing but there wasn't no hiding it, either.

TE
02-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Not gonna lie tbh, Walk to Remember and Toy Story 3 (recently) were tear-jerkers

silverblk mystix
02-24-2014, 09:52 PM
jfcAuZl5Tvw

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Not gonna lie tbh, Walk to Remember and Toy Story 3 (recently) were tear-jerkers

:lol

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
when I watched Independence Day for the first time I was nearly moved to tears, and the same effect was felt again in 2011 when Dirk lifted that goddamn trophy :cry

I cried on that one too...it was just a few tears

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm such a little bitch :lol

Rogue
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
You're a patriot with a good heart, Kool. When I was watching that Obama speech on the mission that killed Laden I almost cried too... Not because I felt sympathy or anything, I just felt depressed and confused about the fact that our Goddess loves that son of a bitch n!gger tbh :cry

UZER
02-24-2014, 11:20 PM
excellent summary Cully...try not to cry while you watch this expose of black and white love:

Summary? Thats was longer than the damn screen play.

irishock
02-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Toy Story 3 definitely :lol... great ending, hoping they just end it like that but sounds like there will be a 4 coming out

DeadlyDynasty
02-24-2014, 11:35 PM
The Land Before Time, when Little Foot's mom dies

Thread
02-25-2014, 02:58 AM
jfcAuZl5Tvw

Yes, silv, & in the sequel: "Analyze That"---the ending scene in NYC with Jelly, Paul and Crystal as Paul, for the last time invokes "Westside Story" and this time it's not feigned insanity, but, an American boiler plate: "A Time for Us." A searing piece that encompasses so much of what the [American dream] mean't not to us, their children, but, to our fathers, the men. We are shown Paul here---finally. We'd forgotten, but, the director, he had not. Paul is at 6 years old, where earlier in the film we just hear it on the soundtrack: (shadows in the past)--(in a haunting moment for Paul) as he tells Crystal about the time his father took him upstate New York to his uncle's farm, dressed him in full cowboy regalia and led him around the property on a pony.

This time, this time we see it.

Harold Ramis...he is dead.

Thread
02-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Movies I've cried to:
The Green Mile

This movie is insufferable to be honest. "Paul" and his guards are pompous and trite. And "Paul" changes nary a squint. He's just as pompous as a death house captain as he is as a 120+ year old rest home resident, lording it over the poor old woman who doesn't possess immortality as Paul does. How insensitive. Go to Hell.

The inmates in Mile are just as kind and wholesome as the fellows in Shawshank. It's BS. In Redemption their cold, aloof and murderous until Andy needs them to soften and then they're docile, warm and adorable, on cue. In Mile they're on death row, but, everybody is grudgingly contrite and dismissive of their murderous ways. They want to start their lives NOW. I'll just bet they do. Everything is "Percy Wetmore's" fault.

I don't like being manipulated like that, in either film, but, especially in Mile. Even God's angel is petty and selective with his indignation as he dispenses the cornbread in a torturous process.

I could go on, but, these two movies aren't worth it.

Thread
02-25-2014, 03:24 AM

How bout when you matched dicks with Dirk in the urinal, Roguey? Close your eyes and I'll take you back...............

.........(The Waiter) brought him out of his latest stupor as Scarlett had replaced him at Hopkin's ear the two, from what he could garner were sharing shop talk.

"Another, sir?"

"Yes, just a single. Where is the restroom, please?"

"If you'll follow me, sir. It's on my way."

"Excuse me, Scarlett, Sir Hopkins." They gave a matched quick nod with a fast reassuring smile from Scarlett then went back to their conversation.

The ice turned yellow as he relieved himself. A lemon snow cone crossed his mind as he raised his gaze and caught his reflection in the mirrors. 'Don't let you mouth hang open. Don't forget. I won't. I promise.'

The restroom door opened and in walked his Champion. He stationed himself two units to the left, caught Rogue's eyes in the reflections and nodded sharply.

Chapter Eight.

Rogue finished before Dirk, shook the dew off the lily pad, returned his mamba to his Fruits, zipped, turned, and took root at the one of a long line of stainless steel sinks. In mirror image Nowitski followed in--two units down to Rogue's right.

Their running water preceded Rogue, maybe 5 seconds, no more than 6.

"Thank you." His voice emboldened by Fireball|||justified by clarity of deed.

"No, thank you." The accent pronounced. A beat had not been missed. No.

"I waited so long."

"I'm sorry it took that long."

"It's all right. It's okay now."

"Yes."

"You couldn't miss."

"I could not miss."

"How did that feel?"

"You tell me." Their eyes finally met in the mirrors.

"Unimaginable."

"Yes."

Nowitski chose the infrared dryer to his right. Rogue the fine white linen towel to his left.

The vibration had returned and she was not present to still it. Rogue pressed his eyes closed and steadied himself. The infrared dryer fell silent and Rogue opened his eyes.

His Champion was gone.

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 07:21 AM
This movie is insufferable to be honest. "Paul" and his guards are pompous and trite. And "Paul" changes nary a squint. He's just as pompous as a death house captain as he is as a 120+ year old rest home resident, lording it over the poor old woman who doesn't possess immortality as Paul does. How insensitive. Go to Hell.

The inmates in Mile are just as kind and wholesome as the fellows in Shawshank. It's BS. In Redemption their cold, aloof and murderous until Andy needs them to soften and then they're docile, warm and adorable, on cue. In Mile they're on death row, but, everybody is grudgingly contrite and dismissive of their murderous ways. They want to start their lives NOW. I'll just bet they do. Everything is "Percy Wetmore's" fault.

I don't like being manipulated like that, in either film, but, especially in Mile. Even God's angel is petty and selective with his indignation as he dispenses the cornbread in a torturous process.

I could go on, but, these two movies aren't worth it.

You sir know your movies. since you're making me really think about it I have to agree with you

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 07:24 AM
I will admit there is one movie that I shed more than a tear...the tears were actually flowing on this one and I had to wipe away...I just couldn't help it.I'm sure that sad as music played a role in me crying...

Jack and Rose...how anyone can not cry this scene is beyond me...

GgTLPeqg2Xk

R1CW9ZoouA0

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 07:29 AM
^ I shed tears when DRob lifted that trophy in 2003. I wasn't sobbing but there wasn't no hiding it, either.

LOL. I can picture it Zosa...did you have to get up and go to the restroom to pull yourself together?

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 07:31 AM
You're a patriot with a good heart, Kool. When I was watching that Obama speech on the mission that killed Laden I almost cried too... Not because I felt sympathy or anything, I just felt depressed and confused about the fact that our Goddess loves that son of a bitch n!gger tbh :cry

hey...She's not my goddess..but yea I'd fuck her...

ChumpDumper
02-25-2014, 07:52 AM
I will admit there is one movie that I shed more than a tear...the tears were actually flowing on this one and I had to wipe away...I just couldn't help it.I'm sure that sad as music played a role in me crying...

Jack and Rose...how anyone can not cry this scene is beyond me...
http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/imagesTitanic-ending.jpg

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 07:58 AM
http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/imagesTitanic-ending.jpg

In my world of Einstein copypasta I've always thought 2 people would have sunk the wood.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Didn't even try though. She wanted him dead.

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Didn't even try though. She wanted him dead.

Hey cumster I'm glad we can have a normal discussion without insulting each other...just because we disagree 90% of the time doesn't mean we have to be disagreeable people...I cuss my homeboys out all the time and vice versa but we all know it's love...

DeadlyDynasty
02-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I had to see that goddamn movie 3 times back in HS...there wasn't a MS/HS chick alive who didn't want Leo's stick back then

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Leo and that gotdam pretty boy Mario Lopez are the only two Hollywoods I'm jealous of...man I wonder what it would be like to be those guys for a day...can you imagine what kind of pussy they have access to...my goodness....

Rogue
02-25-2014, 10:03 AM
If there's one hollywood actor I'd ever envy that has to be Chris Evans tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
If there's one hollywood actor I'd ever envy that has to be Chris Evans tbh.
Did you see The Iceman?

hehateme
02-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Mario Lopez bathes in virgin blood to stay in his 20's look...true story