PDA

View Full Version : Exxon Mobile CEO Sues To Stop Fracking Near His Texas Ranch

ElNono
02-24-2014, 04:11 PM
"Exxon Mobile's CEO Rex Tillerson's day job is to do all he can to protect and nurture the process of hydraulic fracturing—aka 'fracking'—so that his company can continue to rake in billions via the production and sale of natural gas.'This type of dysfunctional regulation is holding back the American economic recovery (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/09/us-ceraweek-exxon-tillerson-idUSBRE82810B20120309), growth, and global competitiveness,' said Tillerson in 2012 of attempts to increase oversight of drilling operations. But now Rick Unger reports at Forbes that Tillerson has joined a lawsuit seeking to shut down a fracking project near his Texas ranch (http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/02/22/exxon-ceo-profits-huge-as-americas-largest-natural-gas-producer-but-frack-it-in-his-own-backyard-and-he-sues/). Why? Because the 160 foot water tower being built next to Tillerson's house that will supply the water to the near-by fracking site, means the arrival of loud trucks, an ugly tower next door, and the general unpleasantness that will interfere with the quality of his life and the real estate value of his sizeable ranch. The water tower is being built by Cross Timbers Water Supply Corp., a nonprofit utility that has supplied water to the region for half a century. Cross Timbers says that it is required by state law to build enough capacity to serve growing demand. In 2011, Bartonville denied Cross Timbers a permit to build the water tower, saying the location was reserved for residences. The water company sued, arguing that it is exempt from municipal zoning because of its status as a public utility (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304899704579391181466603804?mg=ren o64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB1000 1424052702304899704579391181466603804.html). In May 2012, a state district court judge agreed with Cross Timbers and compelled the town to issue a permit. The utility resumed construction as the town appealed the decision. Later that year, the Tillersons and their co-plaintiffs sued Cross Timbers, saying that the company had promised them it wouldn't build a tower near their properties. An Exxon spokesman said Tillerson declined to comment (http://www.salon.com/2014/02/21/exxon_ceo_joins_anti_fracking_lawsuit_after_drilli ng_threatens_his_property_value/). The company 'has no involvement in the legal matter' and its directors weren't told of Mr. Tillerson's participation, the spokesman said."

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Uh...your title is not what the article said. He sued to stop the construction of a water tower next to his ranch. They don't have to have water towers to frac. There are temporary water lines running all over South Texas right now.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 04:22 PM
So?

If the tower location was reserved for residential water, this is valid.

elbamba
02-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Uh...your title is not what the article said. He sued to stop the construction of a water tower next to his ranch. They don't have to have water towers to frac. There are temporary water lines running all over South Texas right now.

This is true. My guess is that the town will lose the appeal because Cross-Timbers is a public utility.

ElNono
02-24-2014, 05:55 PM

The title came with the story, it isn't mine.

The lawsuit itself apparently mentions fracking as one of the reasons for the "nuisances" (per this WSJ (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Fnews%2Farticles% 2FSB10001424052702304899704579391181466603804&ei=OswLU_3TKavLsASCjYCwBQ&usg=AFQjCNG8OQQzwGtQ3xyI9NtKZqn_di_aKQ&sig2=DUvfUtpymLb_7I0nrbOL4Q&bvm=bv.61725948,d.cWc) article).

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 06:33 PM

The lawsuit itself apparently mentions fracking as one of the reasons for the "nuisances" (per this WSJ (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Fnews%2Farticles% 2FSB10001424052702304899704579391181466603804&ei=OswLU_3TKavLsASCjYCwBQ&usg=AFQjCNG8OQQzwGtQ3xyI9NtKZqn_di_aKQ&sig2=DUvfUtpymLb_7I0nrbOL4Q&bvm=bv.61725948,d.cWc) article).

But...

That might be their opinion.

have a link for the lawsuit?

Have you seen this:

Armey claims that before he bought his home, he noticed that Bartonville Water Supply owned 4.75 acres nearby and before he closed on the property he sought assurance that the utility did not have the right "to build a high-rise water tower or other structure" there.
Armey claims he visited the Town of Bartonville's zoning department and was told the utility property was zoned for residential construction on minimum two-acre tracts. At the same time, he says, the town showed him documents that indicated the utility intended to construct a low-rise tower on the property.
"The proposed low-rise tank would sit below the tree line and be virtually unnoticeable from the Armey property," Armey says in the complaint.
When the utility filed a 2001 application for a specific use permit, the plaintiffs say, it was noted that no permit would be granted unless it could be shown the project "would not be detrimental to or endanger the public health, safety, morals, comfort, or general welfare" of the surrounding community.
They claims those conditions included assurances that use of the utility's land would not "impair or diminish" the value and use of the neighborhood, and would not impede the neighborhood's development and improvement.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/02/24/65569.htm

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Here is what is important:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/water20140220.pdf

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2014, 06:39 PM

Sorry but a dumbass such as yourself does not get to decide what is important.

ElNono
But...

That might be their opinion.

Have you seen this:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/02/24/65569.htm

^ on that link you provided:

"Furthermore, upon information and belief, BWSC will sell water to oil and gas explorers for frac[k]ing shale formations leading to traffic with heavy trucks on FM 407, creating a noise nuisance and traffic hazards."

ElNono
thanks, BTW

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 06:40 PM

I have always advocated verifying the accuracy of stories...

ElNono
02-24-2014, 06:41 PM

Page 17

ElNono
02-24-2014, 06:42 PM

thanks for verifying the story was accurate :tu

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 06:52 PM
thanks for verifying the story was accurate :tu
But it isn't, because of the what they imply.

Also.

Why are you bringing us a two year old situation? Who's lemming are you doing this?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2014, 06:53 PM

Now if you would only advocate verifying your wishful thinking before holding it as true.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Here is another worthwhile link:

http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/texas/fourth-court-of-appeals/04-12-00483-cv-1.pdf?ts=1371137620

CosmicCowboy
02-24-2014, 07:13 PM
It's about a water tower. One sentence on page 17 doesn't make it about fracking.

ElNono
02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
But it isn't, because of the what they imply.

Not sure what you're arguing now. The story states they mention fracking as one of the nuisances on the lawsuit, and you just confirmed that's correct.

Apparently, even the possibility that the tower might be used to facilitate fracking is enough of a nuisance for the Exxon CEO to file suit.

ElNono
02-24-2014, 07:24 PM
It's about a water tower. One sentence on page 17 doesn't make it about fracking.

The lawsuit is. The overall message is "fracking is ok in your neighborhood, but not on mine".

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Not sure what you're arguing now. The story states they mention fracking as one of the nuisances on the lawsuit, and you just confirmed that's correct.

Apparently, even the possibility that the tower might be used to facilitate fracking is enough of a nuisance for the Exxon CEO to file suit.
It's not the fracking that is the nuisance. Get your facts strait. It is the constant movement of trucks in and out.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 07:59 PM
The lawsuit is. The overall message is "fracking is ok in your neighborhood, but not on mine".

That's just how you read it.

ElNono
02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
:lmao

boutons_deux
02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
It's not the fracking that is the nuisance. Get your facts strait. It is the constant movement of trucks in and out.

:lol

fracking is perfectly ok, but it's the methane, the smells, the flaring, pollution, the 24x7 lights, noise, traffic, the poisoned wells, etc that's 0.001%er Sky People Tillerson objects to.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 08:28 PM

fracking is perfectly ok, but it's the methane, the smells, the flaring, pollution, the 24x7 lights, noise, traffic, the poisoned wells, etc that's 0.001%er Sky People Tillerson objects to.
Is that what the lawsuit was about?

Bill_Brasky
02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes you dumb piece of shit.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes you dumb piece of shit.
That isn't polite.

You should speak to us rather than in the mirror.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 09:27 PM
To remind those of you who fly off the handle without understanding all the facts...

This lawsuit is about the change in property value and noise, based on the water tower height and the constant truck traffic.

The fracking is not in the immediate area. This part of the operation is not mentioned in the lawsuit. If I am wrong, please show me. I have linked the lawsuit, so have at it.

ElNono
02-24-2014, 09:30 PM
"Furthermore, upon information and belief, BWSC will sell water to oil and gas explorers for frac[k]ing shale formations leading to traffic with heavy trucks on FM 407, creating a noise nuisance and traffic hazards."

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Didn't I say traffic noise?

ElNono
02-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Didn't I say traffic noise?

due to selling water to fracking operations?

ElNono
02-24-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm not here to argue with you though. I think it's pretty clear what their demands are, and the reasons behind them. You may construe them anyway you want.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 10:00 PM
due to selling water to fracking operations?
Yes. The truck movements and taller tower changing the skyline. Not the fracking itself.

Do you understand the nuances?

Wild Cobra
02-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm not here to argue with you though. I think it's pretty clear what their demands are, and the reasons behind them. You may construe them anyway you want.
You guys are the ones construing their purpose. I would say their complaint is concise enough.

pgardn
02-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Yes. The truck movements and taller tower changing the skyline. Not the fracking itself.

Do you understand the nuances?

Why are there truck movements and a water tower by a ranch? He bought a ranch to be next to truck noise and a water tower? Oh the water tower was already there for his ranch... No?

Wild Cobra
02-25-2014, 03:43 AM
Why are there truck movements and a water tower by a ranch? He bought a ranch to be next to truck noise and a water tower? Oh the water tower was already there for his ranch... No?
Are you rally that stupid?

Bill_Brasky
02-25-2014, 09:16 AM
That isn't polite.

You should speak to us rather than in the mirror.

Did I quote you? Was I talking to you?

You really shouldnt make assumptions like that. Sheesh.

pgardn
02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Are you rally that stupid?

Ask yourself that for an absolutely pitiful argument.
ALWAYS have a lawyer speak for you if you find yourself in legal trouble.
Line drive, 2nd baseman never saw it...

Man I hate it when you buy a nice place and huge trucks and water towers pop up in the middle of nowhere. And hell there is no damn explanation as to why they showed up...

TeyshaBlue
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Ask yourself that for an absolutely pitiful argument.
ALWAYS have a lawyer speak for you if you find yourself in legal trouble.
Line drive, 2nd baseman never saw it...

Man I hate it when you buy a nice place and huge trucks and water towers pop up in the middle of nowhere. And hell there is no damn explanation as to why they showed up...

It wasnt the car accident that killed him. It was "acute deceleration trauma". /WC

pgardn
02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
It wasnt the car accident that killed him. It was "actute deceleration trauma". /WC

Exactly.

Cant muddy the water. It's difficult to juggle these nuances as he calls them.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-25-2014, 11:48 AM
You guys are the ones construing their purpose. I would say their complaint is concise enough.

No "I wonder" wishful thinking this time? Oh yeah, you just wish the world as you want it to be. You don't want the fracking mining process impinged so you try and separate the trucking from the rest. Thus, no supposition that the other criticisms of fracking might be valid. Have to only make shit up that fufulls your master's desires.

Good minion!

EVAY
02-25-2014, 11:51 AM
I think the whole thing is the very definition of irony.

Seriously. How can anyone reasonably conclude that this is anything BUT the height of hypocrisy?

Wild Cobra
02-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Did I quote you? Was I talking to you?

You really shouldnt make assumptions like that. Sheesh.
Maybe you should quote or indicate who you are replying to. Maybe edit when it falls right after the wrong person.

ElNono
02-25-2014, 01:56 PM
It wasnt the car accident that killed him. It was "acute deceleration trauma". /WC

You shouldn't go making assumptions like that. What if the deceleration was caused by a mosquito stuck in brake fluid compartment? smh libtard.

TeyshaBlue
02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
You shouldn't go making assumptions like that. What if the deceleration was caused by a mosquito stuck in brake fluid compartment? smh libtard.

Brake fluid? Maybe you should stop assuming I meant brake failure. Stop assuming nuances mean anything to me!:ihit
Libtarded-er!

ElNono
02-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Brake fluid? Maybe you should stop assuming I meant brake failure. Stopassum Ing nuances mean anything to me!:ihit

Nazis! Cubans!

TeyshaBlue
02-25-2014, 02:18 PM
And stop fucking quoting me before I fix my typos! Thanks Obama!

ElNono
02-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Vietcong!

ElNono
02-25-2014, 02:19 PM

Wild Cobra
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
You all have it wrong.

It's Bush's fault.

CosmicCowboy
02-25-2014, 07:40 PM

Seriously. How can anyone reasonably conclude that this is anything BUT the height of hypocrisy?

Really? That's your takeaway?

You think NIMBY is exclusive to the CEO of Exxon?

Do you have the moral honesty to admit that you are a NIMBY too?

I love electricity. I really do.

I'd be a mad motherfucker if they built a power plant right next to my house/ranch after they explicitly told me they wouldn't.

I understand that we need to assist the homeless somehow.

Would you have liked them to build the "Haven For The Hopeless" right next door to your home? Crazy drug addled motherfuckers harassing your children for money as they wait for the school bus?

Admit it. you are a NIMBY too.

boutons_deux
02-25-2014, 07:48 PM

You don't pocket $10Ms from that nuclear plant built within view.

Tillerson does pocket $100Ms from fracking Other Peoples Lives.

EVAY
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM

Do you have the moral honesty to admit that you are a NIMBY too?

I love electricity. I really do.

I'd be a mad motherfucker if they built a power plant right next to my house/ranch after they explicitly told me they wouldn't.

I understand that we need to assist the homeless somehow.

Would you have liked them to build the "Haven For The Hopeless" right next door to your home? Crazy drug addled motherfuckers harassing your children for money as they wait for the school bus?

Admit it. you are a NIMBY too.

Oh, come on,now…you can't possibly be equating a normal run-of-the-mill "I like electricity but don't want to live next to the power station" with what this guy did and said about the "government regulations making it harder for america's energy independence blah blah blah blah blah" bloviations.

Yeah, that is exactly my take-away.

And yes, while I am much more willing to contribute to a homeless person's food and/or clothing and/or housing needs than I am to house myself right next to him/her, I also don't make public pronouncements that homelessness is blah blah blah blah either.

Come on, man. This is guy is in a different league.

CosmicCowboy
02-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Actually, I can equate it. The guy obviously did his homework. He anticipated the potential problem and had it in writing that they were going to do a low rise tank. They lied to him. He was well within his rights to litigate. You can't pick and choose. Take his right away because you don't like his profession or politics and you take yours away too.

Wild Cobra
02-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Actually, I can equate it. The guy obviously did his homework. He anticipated the potential problem and had it in writing that they were going to do a low rise tank. They lied to him. He was well within his rights to litigate. You can't pick and choose. Take his right away because you don't like his profession or politics and you take yours away too.
This is exactly what they are doing, and worse yet, making them out to be the bad guys over it.

ElNono
02-25-2014, 10:54 PM

I'm calling BS. This is the guy that can't stop telling everyone how good this is for America, but the whines and sues under some BS name when he can't stand some of the byproduct of what he's preaching about.

He might not be wrong in his claim, but he's an hypocrite.

pgardn
02-26-2014, 12:40 AM

Sure he is within his rights.

But it's so laughably hypocritical...
You don't see that?
Seriously, the truck noise at least?

Legally he is solid, that's not what people find astounding. These people in small towns having their roads torn up, I think they empathize with his plight, and laugh at the irony.

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm calling BS. This is the guy that can't stop telling everyone how good this is for America, but the whines and sues under some BS name when he can't stand some of the byproduct of what he's preaching about.

We have to disagree here. This wouldn't still be going on after 2 years if the claims were bullshit.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 01:20 AM
smdh

pgardn
02-26-2014, 01:27 AM
smdh

he might not be wrong with his claim...

That part, that part, it's just damn difficult.
To read.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 03:35 AM
he might not be wrong with his claim...

That part, that part, it's just damn difficult.
To read.

obtuseness (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obtuseness)

dbestpro
02-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Supplying water for fracking is much more a nuisance than the fracking itself. One well is no big deal (One near my land in Frio county), but the constant movement of trucks getting water is a big deal. This is why most of these water access points are off of middle to major roadways. Its like working for HEB, living in a neighborhood, and Walmart decides to put a distribution center next to your house. You're in retail, but it does not mean you want your neighborhood destroyed to support the needs of retail. There would be a better place for the distribution center, just as there is, I am sure, a better location for the water tower.

vy65
02-26-2014, 02:03 PM
^ on that link you provided:

That's an unfortunate aside.

I quickly read the petition, and they're really suing to stop construction of an eye-sore water tank. Will it have o/g development applications? Allegedly. Is said development the object of the lawsuit? Absolutely not.

vy65
02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
To remind those of you who fly off the handle without understanding all the facts...

This lawsuit is about the change in property value and noise, based on the water tower height and the constant truck traffic.

The fracking is not in the immediate area. This part of the operation is not mentioned in the lawsuit. If I am wrong, please show me. I have linked the lawsuit, so have at it.

There's very little truck traffic associated with fraccing. That traffic usually lasts 6-8 weeks while the well is being fracced. Once completed, the fracced well is hooked into a pipeline, and the traffic goes away.

His claims fail, probably as a matter of law, if he's basing them on traffic.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2014, 02:33 PM
There's very little truck traffic associated with fraccing. That traffic usually lasts 6-8 weeks while the well is being fracced. Once completed, the fracced well is hooked into a pipeline, and the traffic goes away.

Not if the water tower is selling water to every well drilled in the area. It would be ongoing traffic for the next 20 years.

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 02:33 PM

:lol then why are road in Eagle Ford being torn up by truck traffic? trucks for chemicals, water, pipe, fuel, etc, etc.

vy65
02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
:lol then why are road in Eagle Ford being torn up by truck traffic? trucks for chemicals, water, pipe, fuel, etc, etc.

Because wells are constantly being drilled and/or fracced? Operators not using pipeline/midstream services?

What evidence do you have for "road" being "torn up?"

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Because wells are constantly being drilled and/or fracced? Operators not using pipeline/midstream services?

What evidence does he ever have?

vy65
02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Not if the water tower is selling water to every well drilled in the area. It would be ongoing traffic for the next 20 years.

Where are you getting this from? Especially the 20 years part?

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Sounds right to me.

Just how long is a fracking site expected to be good for? Then, like any other, move a short distance and continue.

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 02:52 PM

some months ago, there were roads in Eagle Ford so torn up and expensive to repair, the STATE proposed to rip up the destroyed blacktop and leave them unpaved. :lol

vy65
02-26-2014, 02:58 PM
some months ago, there were roads in Eagle Ford so torn up and expensive to repair, the STATE proposed to rip up the destroyed blacktop and leave them unpaved. :lol

And your evidence for this is?

Couldn't it be that hardly used dirt roads are actually being used now?

The question isn't whether there's an increase in truck traffic. The question is whether it's legally actionable.

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Couldn't it be that hardly used dirt roads are actually being used now?

The question isn't whether there's an increase in truck traffic. The question is whether it's legally actionable.
If it wasn't legally actionable, this wouldn't have gone on since 2012. There are judges that agree this needs to go to trial.

vy65
02-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Jesus Fuck WC, how big of a fucking sycophant are you?

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 03:17 PM

holy shit, you really should not fuck with me for "evidence"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/19/texas-begins-replacing-paved-roads-with-gravel-due-to-lack-of-funding/

http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2013/09/30/will-gravel-fix-broken-roads-in-the-eagle-ford-shale/

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Jesus Fuck WC, how big of a fucking sycophant are you?
That doesn't apply.

Why does your bias jump to that conclusion.

Did you read the facts of the case?

Are you choosing your opinion based on your dislike for these people?

I think you should take a good, hard look at yourself. It sure doesn't look very ethical from my viewpoint.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2014, 03:39 PM

The Eagle Ford has barely been tapped. Right now they are still doing "proving" wells and will continue to come back and fill in for the next 20 years. The current limitation is drilling rigs. They are all operating 24/7. I know on a friends ranch they have only drilled one well (which is a great producer) but that is only one well on 1500 acres. They can drill a well every 60 acres. That's 24 more wells on just one relatively small ranch over the next decade or two. Thus, your 20 years.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 03:49 PM
That's an unfortunate aside.

I quickly read the petition, and they're really suing to stop construction of an eye-sore water tank. Will it have o/g development applications? Allegedly. Is said development the object of the lawsuit? Absolutely not.

It's the hypocrisy, vy. This is a guy that will tell to anyone that listens that regulating fracking is evil, while he lines up his pockets with it. But then turns around and whines that, among other things, *potential* fracking activity near his property will cause noise nuisances and traffic hazards, and wants the government (town in this case) to step in and stop it.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
We are all hypocrites to one degree or another.

vy65
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
It's the hypocrisy, vy. This is a guy that will tell to anyone that listens that regulating fracking is evil, while he lines up his pockets with it. But then turns around and whines that, among other things, *potential* fracking activity near his property will cause noise nuisances and traffic hazards, and wants the government (town in this case) to step in and stop it.

I'm involved in this kind of litigation. If he were really complaining about fraccing, he'd have a laundry list of personal injury claims, along with a claim for trespass and negligence. I didn't spend much time reading the complaint, but it doesn't seem like he's really suing for the kind of thing that'd make him a hypocrite.

If the lawyer amended the petition to remove that one sentence you quoted, would you have the same concern?

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Do you always ASSume the worse motives in people?

I've been looking at the addresses in the lawsuit. Streetview has an absolute pristine skyline. No power lines, no buildings, towers, etc. Only the buildings on the personal properties are visible. Considering people often buy a property based on location and view, what makes it right to affect them? Because you don't like them? Look for yourself. Find any point on Roadrunner rd or Dove creek rd.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.085105,-97.137809&spn=0.033872,0.030727&gl=us&t=h&z=15

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 04:11 PM
'Do you always ASSume the worse motives in people?"

assuming BigCarbon, 1%, etc have the worst motives for everything and everybody but themselves is high percentage assumption

vy65
02-26-2014, 04:12 PM
lol google map stalking again

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm involved in this kind of litigation. If he were really complaining about fraccing, he'd have a laundry list of personal injury claims, along with a claim for trespass and negligence. I didn't spend much time reading the complaint, but it doesn't seem like he's really suing for the kind of thing that'd make him a hypocrite.

If the lawyer amended the petition to remove that one sentence you quoted, would you have the same concern?

It's not the lawsuit I have a problem with, it's the hypocrisy of advocating one thing when it lines up your pocket and doesn't affect you, then turning around and start whining when it does affect him (and potentially takes money away from the same pocket).

Removing that sentence from the lawsuit or suing under his own name at this point is immaterial, because he already expressed what he thinks, and the merit of the lawsuit isn't what concerns me at all.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:15 PM

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM

sure CC... but, AFAIK, our hypocrisy doesn't affect hundreds or thousands of people.

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Make fun of someone actually using an online resource to see if the claim is true or not?

Does this mean you are against uncovering the truth?

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry that you see that as funny.

When's the last time you checked your ethics?

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm having a conversation with the adults in the room, you can wait outside WC...

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
sure CC... but, AFAIK, our hypocrisy doesn't affect hundreds or thousands of people.

You are assigning hypocrisy to something that looks perfectly legitimate.

Do you have facts in this case we don't?

Maybe you should go testify when the court date is set.

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm having a conversation with the adults in the room, you can wait outside WC...
LOL...

OK boy, I will leave the treehouse fort.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:29 PM
lmao this clown

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:33 PM
lmao this clown
I forget. You didn't grow up here. It is sort of an American tradition that kids build treehouses and pretend to be important. parents often left them alone to pretend, until dinner time.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:37 PM
:sleep

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
:sleep

Ignoring me doesn't make the truth go away, and your biased hatred is amazingly strong.

Do you really consider it OK to engage in deformation of character, just because you don't like someone? Where are you facts that this is hypocritical instead of what the lawsuit says?

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
lol truth
lol dumbo

:lmao "deformation of character"

ElNono
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
keep talking :lmao

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 04:48 PM
keep talking :lmao
No.

I don't want to drive you to insanity.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 05:01 PM

leemajors
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Deformation of character is up there with this bimbo at Alamo Drafthouse telling me she got sentenced to angry management after assaulting her boyfriend :lol

pgardn
02-26-2014, 06:27 PM

http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2013/03/27/while-south-texas-sees-dollar-signs-roads-see-damage-and-accidents/

pgardn
02-26-2014, 06:32 PM

Total mischaracterization of what is going on in South Texas.

So one well, after drilling, involves very little traffic in it's lifetime...
So what?

Bill_Brasky
02-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Deformation of character :lmao

These are the types of people agreeing with you, CC.

pgardn
02-26-2014, 06:53 PM

A number of people don't understand that the whole thing is ho hum if the complaint was filed by a person who was/is NOT heavily involved in fracking industry himself. That's the hypocrisy. We are now for some reason interested in the legal arguments. Well South Texas is full of these kind of legal arguments, so people are totally blind to the hypocrisy. They are stuck in showing us legal prowess.

Thanks for posting to begin with. I find the hypocrisy astounding. The bolded was intended for certain posters who are still jammed in the world of lawsuits.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 06:53 PM
CC is good people. I might not agree with him, but he ain't no clown.

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Deformation of character :lmao

These are the types of people agreeing with you, CC.

CC would like to invite them for job enter view. :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
You couldn't hang for one day with my guys, Boo.

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 07:04 PM
You couldn't hang for one day with my guys, Boo.

are you the guy here who runs company that lives as a parasite on the fucked up, wasteful, over-complicated, corrupt health care system?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2014, 07:09 PM
are you the guy here who runs company that lives as a parasite on the fucked up, wasteful, over-complicated, corrupt health care system?

WTF????

uhhh... lets see...I do have all the major hospitals in SA as customers (as well as schools, manufacturing facilities, city, county, privately owned office buildings, military bases etc.) but I don't exactly see myself as a "parasite". I trade expertise and value for dollars in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship.

Am I supposed to be ashamed about that?

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 07:19 PM

WTF????

uhhh... lets see...I do have all the major hospitals in SA as customers (as well as schools, manufacturing facilities, city, county, privately owned office buildings, military bases etc.) but I don't exactly see myself as a "parasite". I trade expertise and value for dollars in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship.

Am I supposed to be ashamed about that?

Look at it this way.

If the USA was not being screwed by its wealth-extractive, for-profit health care system, but instead had a hard-core public insurance option with govt run hospitals, clinics, with govt employed medical staff, would your company, and your wealth, exist?

pgardn
02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Look at it this way.

If the USA was not being screwed by its wealth-extractive, for-profit health care system, but instead had a hard-core public insurance option with govt run hospitals, clinics, with govt employed medical staff, would your company, and your wealth, exist?

Careful Boots.

Glass houses...

Do you invest any of your money? If so where? Any Mutual Funds Boots? Any money invested that can be traced back to US companies?

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 07:40 PM
if the complaint was filed by a person who was/is NOT heavily involved in fracking industry himself. That's the hypocrisy. We are now for some reason interested in the legal arguments.

What about the others involved with the lawsuit, who include:

Richard and Krystal Vera
Carlos and Helan Rivero
Monte and Charley Lukov
Brad andf Jane Teel

Are they part of fracking?

Bill_Brasky
02-26-2014, 07:59 PM
CC is good people. I might not agree with him, but he ain't no clown.

Gotta say, actions speak louder than words and CC ain't a bad dude at all.

boutons_deux
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM
What about the others involved with the lawsuit, who include:

Richard and Krystal Vera
Carlos and Helan Rivero
Monte and Charley Lukov
Brad andf Jane Teel

Are they part of fracking?

if they are in the fracking industry, then they are assholes just as is Mr Fracking CEO bitching about the fracking industry in his backyard.

pgardn
02-26-2014, 10:58 PM
if they are in the fracking industry, then they are assholes just as is Mr Fracking CEO bitching about the fracking industry in his backyard.

I think they should just slap themselves.

The Cobra has a difficult time with my astonishment at THE CEO IN THE INDUSTRY.

Wild Cobra
02-26-2014, 11:09 PM
But these are not oil people. They are people who live in the same neighborhood that are affected, who are also named in the lawsuit as plaintiffs.

pgardn
02-27-2014, 12:27 AM
But these are not oil people. They are people who live in the same neighborhood that are affected, who are also named in the lawsuit as plaintiffs.

Like they are the only people that are plaintiffs in all of South Texas? This is sad, but not ironic.

The CEO of a company that makes money from the very industry that has penultimately caused his complaint is hypocrisy.
What about this do you not understand?

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Like they are the only people that are plaintiffs in all of South Texas? This is sad, but not ironic.

The CEO of a company that makes money from the very industry that has penultimately caused his complaint is hypocrisy.
Are you listening to anything? The area they live in is absolutely beautiful. They bought these places for that reason. I see the lawsuit as perfectly valid.

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Look at it this way.

Boo, you crack me up sometimes. That didn't even make sense.

pgardn
02-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Are you listening to anything? The area they live in is absolutely beautiful. They bought these places for that reason. I see the lawsuit as perfectly valid.

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

There are plenty of complaints and valid suits to post.
Why do you think the OP posted this particular suit?

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 01:10 PM

I don't try to read ElNono's mind, but I will assume he got caught between his bias and a biased article.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 02:07 PM

:lol not sure why you bother. People like Cobra are dumb and want to stay that way.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 02:10 PM
:lol not sure why you bother. People like Cobra are dumb and want to stay that way.

Please elaborate then. Teach me.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Already did. Everybody in this thread, including vy and CC, know exactly what I'm talking about, except apparently you.

For some reason you keep stuck on stupid arguing about the merits of the lawsuit, something we've moved on from about 3 pages ago, because that's not the point.

I'm ok that some posters will agree/disagree with the hypocrisy argument, but for some reason you still haven't figured out that's what we're talking about, and I have better things to do than to pamper you through.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Already did. Everybody in this thread, including vy and CC, know exactly what I'm talking about, except apparently you.

For some reason you keep stuck on stupid arguing about the merits of the lawsuit, something we've moved on from about 3 pages ago, because that's not the point.

I'm ok that some posters will agree/disagree with the hypocrisy argument, but for some reason you still haven't figured out that's what we're talking about, and I have better things to do than to pamper you through.
Well, maybe I am blind to what you speak of, so please tell me concisely. Maybe I missed the point because of my bias. Are you going to help, or not?

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 02:24 PM

I hate this reference... by page. This is page 2 for me.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 02:29 PM
dude, some other people were making fun of your stupidity back in page 2. We're in page 5 and you're still arguing about it, yet you admit not having a clue what we're discussing.

sometimes you can't fix stupid. I sure have better things to do.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 02:37 PM
dude, some other people were making fun of your stupidity back in page 2. We're in page 5 and you're still arguing about it, yet you admit not having a clue what we're discussing.

sometimes you can't fix stupid. I sure have better things to do.
I see.

You cannot tell me specifics of what you are accusing me of.

Who's the dumb one here?

Put up or shut up.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Page 2:

Page 3:

Supplying water for fracking is much more a nuisance than the fracking itself. One well is no big deal (One near my land in Frio county), but the constant movement of trucks getting water is a big deal. This is why most of these water access points are off of middle to major roadways. Its like working for HEB, living in a neighborhood, and Walmart decides to put a distribution center next to your house. You're in retail, but it does not mean you want your neighborhood destroyed to support the needs of retail. There would be a better place for the distribution center, just as there is, I am sure, a better location for the water tower.

It's not the lawsuit I have a problem with, it's the hypocrisy of advocating one thing when it lines up your pocket and doesn't affect you, then turning around and start whining when it does affect him (and potentially takes money away from the same pocket).

Removing that sentence from the lawsuit or suing under his own name at this point is immaterial, because he already expressed what he thinks, and the merit of the lawsuit isn't what concerns me at all.

Page 4:

A number of people don't understand that the whole thing is ho hum if the complaint was filed by a person who was/is NOT heavily involved in fracking industry himself. That's the hypocrisy. We are now for some reason interested in the legal arguments. Well South Texas is full of these kind of legal arguments, so people are totally blind to the hypocrisy. They are stuck in showing us legal prowess.

Thanks for posting to begin with. I find the hypocrisy astounding. The bolded was intended for certain posters who are still jammed in the world of lawsuits.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 02:46 PM
WTF dude. You think other people can't read? You're apparently still the only guy that hasn't figured out what we're talking about :lmao

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 03:20 PM
WTF dude. You think other people can't read? You're apparently still the only guy that hasn't figured out what we're talking about :lmao
Oh. And here I thought you mean t I didn't see something.

I just see the hypocrisy argument as something you guys are focusing on. I see the merits of the lawsuit, which you apparently do not. Sorry, I don't want to be part of your hateful click.

I have pointed out four other families as plaintiffs that are not involved in fracking. Are they hypocrites too? What about them? Do they not matter to you? Is it more important that your bigotry attack someone you don't like, than to accept that maybe... just maybe... they have a valid complaint? Are these other four families nothing to you, because your hatred of the rich is greater than your compassion?

And... My God. You guys are the blind bigoted ones, but you call me stupid?

You need a reality break.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Don't say I didn't try...

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Are the four other families I listed hypocrites?

You guys amaze me. You will find any little thread you can pull to attack a group of people you don't like.

Bigotry at it's finest if you ask me.

boutons_deux
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
What if the plaintiffs were poor, living in an ugly trailer park, in an ugly area?

Would WC support their complaint?

or do only rich people in great areas have the right to bitch about being fracked up?

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
:deadhorse

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 04:29 PM
What if the plaintiffs were poor, living in an ugly trailer park, in an ugly area?

Would WC support their complaint?

or do only rich people in great areas have the right to bitch about being fracked up?
If they were poor, living in a trailer park, do you think part of the reason for buying the place was for the view? Do you think they checked with the zoning authorities if their view would change?

boutons_deux
02-27-2014, 04:40 PM
If they were poor, living in a trailer park, do you think part of the reason for buying the place was for the view? Do you think they checked with the zoning authorities if their view would change?

view is not the only problem with drilling towers and other industrial shit. noise, odors, silicosis, all night lights, diseases, etc are also in the fracked up mix

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 04:49 PM
view is not the only problem with drilling towers and other industrial shit. noise, odors, silicosis, all night lights, diseases, etc are also in the fracked up mix
LOL...

Like you can tell the difference if you live in a trailer park?

LOL...

LOL...

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 04:56 PM

Something else. It isn't fracking in the area they are complaining about. It's the water tower and extra movement of trucks moving the water.

How about they put their own water tower at the fracking site?

vy65
02-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh. And here I thought you mean t I didn't see something.

I just see the hypocrisy argument as something you guys are focusing on. I see the merits of the lawsuit, which you apparently do not. Sorry, I don't want to be part of your hateful click.

I have pointed out four other families as plaintiffs that are not involved in fracking. Are they hypocrites too? What about them? Do they not matter to you? Is it more important that your bigotry attack someone you don't like, than to accept that maybe... just maybe... they have a valid complaint? Are these other four families nothing to you, because your hatred of the rich is greater than your compassion?

And... My God. You guys are the blind bigoted ones, but you call me stupid?

You need a reality break.

Landowners sue oil and gas operators because their operations allegedly constitute a nuisance, harming their property's value and the enjoyment the owner derives from the land.

CEO of oil and gas operator say these lawsuits are baseless, and that said operations don't affect property value or the use/enjoyment from said land.

CEO of oil and gas operator sues to enjoin water tank that will be used to support oil and gas operations because it affects property value and use/enjoyment from CEO's land.

What aren't you getting?

vy65
02-27-2014, 05:01 PM

lol junk science

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Boo hates oil.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Landowners sue oil and gas operators because their operations allegedly constitute a nuisance, harming their property's value and the enjoyment the owner derives from the land.

CEO of oil and gas operator say these lawsuits are baseless, and that said operations don't affect property value or the use/enjoyment from said land.

CEO of oil and gas operator sues to enjoin water tank that will be used to support oil and gas operations because it affects property value and use/enjoyment from CEO's land.

What aren't you getting?
I get it. Are you saying Tillerson was on the other end of a lawsuit like this? Are you saying he has claimed it wouldn't drop property value in an identical setting?

What don't you get?

Do you deny the claim that future permitted work was not addressed before the construction began?

Do you claim that this is a normal roadway anyway?

Guess what. The new tower is just over 200 yards away from one of the residences, and no... it's not Tillerson's or Armey's. It's the residence of a family not affiliated with the energy industry. The road that will be used is a service road for power lines, which are not visible at these residences on Roadrunner Road, but the water tower will be. These trucks will be moving probably day and night, close to Roadrunner Road and the service road is about a football field distance from the closer residence. The tower is being built just on the other side of these trees:

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.0912,-97.139611&spn=0.008458,0.01045&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=33.091198,-97.141647&panoid=wzp-p_yNWKg815Oo7SjH3Q&cbp=12,172.58,,0,1.89

boutons_deux
02-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Boo hates oil.

boutons knows BigCarbon is fucking up, has fucked up, the planet

vy65
02-27-2014, 05:27 PM
I get it. Are you saying Tillerson was on the other end of a lawsuit like this? Are you saying he has claimed it wouldn't drop property value in an identical setting?

What don't you get?

Do you deny the claim that future permitted work was not addressed before the construction began?

Do you claim that this is a normal roadway anyway?

Guess what. The new tower is just over 200 yards away from one of the residences, and no... it's not Tillerson's or Armey's. It's the residence of a family not affiliated with the energy industry. The road that will be used is a service road for power lines, which are not visible at these residences on Roadrunner Road, but the water tower will be. These trucks will be moving probably day and night, close to Roadrunner Road and the service road is about a football field distance from the closer residence. The tower is being built just on the other side of these trees:

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.0912,-97.139611&spn=0.008458,0.01045&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=33.091198,-97.141647&panoid=wzp-p_yNWKg815Oo7SjH3Q&cbp=12,172.58,,0,1.89

Thank you for providing me with insight into the sort of person I need to be picking for my juries when I do voir dire.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Thank you for providing me with insight into the sort of person I need to be picking for my juries when I do voir dire.
I see past generalities. Specifics are important.

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2014, 05:32 PM
boutons knows BigCarbon is fucking up, has fucked up, the planet

Boo wants a car that runs on fairy dust.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm sure there's a charlatan out there that will sell him one.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Here's the uncompleted water tower and power lines:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/MK-CK218_WATERT_G_20140220183307.jpg (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304899704579391181466603804)

Blake
02-27-2014, 05:40 PM

boutons_deux
02-27-2014, 05:58 PM

You Lie (that's all you right-wing assholes have and do)

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Reminds me of grade school bullies picking on the nerd.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
You Lie (that's all you right-wing assholes have and do)
LOL...

What realistic expectations do you have?

ElNono
02-27-2014, 07:45 PM

vy65
02-27-2014, 07:46 PM

He totally didn't get it, did he?

ElNono
02-27-2014, 07:47 PM
He totally didn't get it, did he?

I thought he was trolling about 2 pages ago... now I'm not so sure anymore :lol

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 07:53 PM
I thought he was trolling about 2 pages ago... now I'm not so sure anymore :lol
What didn't I get? All I see is you guys crying hypocrisy.

vy65
02-27-2014, 07:59 PM
What didn't I get? All I see is you guys crying hypocrisy.

Nothing, but while we're at it, what are your feelings on tort reform?

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Nothing, but while we're at it, what are your feelings on tort reform?

Tort reform is meaningless without good specifics. Just throwing the word around and then comparing the failures of other places to make a difference is a joke.

clambake
02-27-2014, 08:05 PM
amazing thread. thanks for the laughs.

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes, it's so comical when bigoted liberals cannot consider the other four in a lawsuit as having a valid claim because they want to label the other two as hypocrites.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2014, 08:12 PM

No, he wants an oil industry that is owned by the state.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Yes, it's so comical when bigoted liberals cannot consider the other four in a lawsuit as having a valid claim because they want to label the other two as hypocrites.

Good minion. Blind your mind to what they are saying by continuing to repeat that you think he has a valid case.

Never criticize your master.

vy65
02-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Tort reform is meaningless without good specifics. Just throwing the word around and then comparing the failures of other places to make a difference is a joke.

Ok, last question. How do you feel about the phrase "reasonable attorney's fees?"

ElNono
02-27-2014, 08:18 PM

I just went through it one more time... borderline classic :lmao

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Have any of you guys crying hypocrisy read the "facts" starting on page 5 of this:

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Ok, last question. How do you feel about the phrase "reasonable attorney's fees?"
I don't like it. "Reasonable" is not quantified and different people think differently of what is reasonable.

vy65
02-27-2014, 08:24 PM
I think WC is ready to subsidize some of my poor life decisions ...

ElNono
02-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I think WC is ready to subsidize some of my poor life decisions ...

Are you practicing already, BTW? I thought last I checked you were still in school?

vy65
02-27-2014, 08:30 PM
lol. been practicing for almost 5 years. That was a long time ago.

Good to know that I come across as a law student :depressed

tlongII
02-27-2014, 08:37 PM

God I hope not. That would be beyond stupid.

ElNono
02-27-2014, 08:40 PM

:lol it's not you, it's me... time flies when you get older...

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 08:43 PM

Why can't you be serious. You know I'm no law student. Granted, the facts in the case are not necessarily facts, but the injunction has been in effect for some time now. I don't think the "facts" in the complaint/case are going to be found incorrect. Do you?

Lets assume for a minute that 3.01 to 3.13 are correct. Would you say that the owners acted in good faith and the water company didn't?

boutons_deux
02-27-2014, 09:33 PM

You Lie

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 09:34 PM
You Lie
Then what do you want?

Blake
02-27-2014, 09:46 PM

Nice one, I had to look that up.

it's called the "tu quoque" fallacy.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Nice one, I had to look that up.

it's called the "tu quoque" fallacy.

CC is the voice of his generation. He knows that they behave poorly but excuses it using the 'he did it too' rationale.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2014, 09:57 PM
You Lie

I question your veracity here, bouties.

If you were to here that the feds were taking over the assets of Exxon, Mobil, etc, would you speak against it?

ElNono
02-27-2014, 09:59 PM
CC is the voice of his generation. He knows that they behave poorly but excuses it using the 'he did it too' rationale.

FWIW, there's a guy I think you'll love in the Spurs section, in the Clinton thread :lol

ElNono
02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
at this point I think boutons would break the pompons if subsidies stopped flowing to the oilcos...

Wild Cobra
02-27-2014, 10:10 PM
at this point I think boutons would break the pompons if subsidies stopped flowing to the oilcos...
I will too if you can find and stop some actual subsidies.

What subsidies are you speaking of?

Are you using the actual definition, or the liberal definition?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subsidy

sub·si·dy
noun \ˈsəb-sə-dē, -zə-\

: money that is paid usually by a government to keep the price of a product or service low or to help a business or organization to continue to function

boutons_deux
02-28-2014, 09:00 AM
America's Most Obvious Tax Reform Idea: Kill the Oil and Gas Subsidies

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/03/americas-most-obvious-tax-reform-idea-kill-the-oil-and-gas-subsidies/274121/

vy65
02-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Why can't you be serious. You know I'm no law student. Granted, the facts in the case are not necessarily facts, but the injunction has been in effect for some time now. I don't think the "facts" in the complaint/case are going to be found incorrect. Do you?

Lets assume for a minute that 3.01 to 3.13 are correct. Would you say that the owners acted in good faith and the water company didn't?

That shit doesn't matter. No jury would award this guy damages for a nuisance when he's CEO of a company that promotes, develops, and encourages the same nuisance activity. Lawsuits are less about the viability of claims than they are how jurors feel about the parties. This guy looks like a huge hypocrite. You honestly cannot be this fucking stupid.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 06:59 PM
That shit doesn't matter. No jury would award this guy damages for a nuisance when he's CEO of a company that promotes, develops, and encourages the same nuisance activity.
I don't think that part matters so much as stopping the eyesores and traffic noise. Do you? You know as much as anyone, that lawyers will put as much stuff in a lawsuit as they can.

Lawsuits are less about the viability of claims than they are how jurors feel about the parties.
Quite often that is true, hence the story after all this time. Someone it trying to taint the jury pool.

This guy looks like a huge hypocrite.
Your opinion. Once you are in the jury and presented with the facts, that attitude can change.

You honestly cannot be this fucking stupid.
Please, stop looking in a mirror.

None of us know all the facts, we only see what is presented in the media. I will lay odds that Armey and Tillerson, because of their experience of such matters already, have their "facts" documents. If they actually have the water company and city council on written record, it will be hard for a jury to not do the right thing.

Now you can sit there and pretend all you want that you know how such a trial will end. Statistics do not make facts, and every now and then, you have people like me who are well paid that get on juries, that don't try to get out of it. Too many times, you end up with juries that don't know how to get out of jury duty, or aren't working and have no excuse. This is the type of jury you are relying on, isn't it?

My God... two juries ago, we had a really messed up case, and we had jurors who wanted to award a women money just because "the company could afford it." Not for any other reason, and it was clear she had no real case and no proof of damages.

You are right.

Libtards in juries often rule the wrong way.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:05 PM
vy65. I just have to ask.

You effectively admitted the justice system is corrupted by sentiment.

Do you like being part of such a system?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
May it rest in peace.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/watertowerRIP_zps82c1d2a8.png (https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.087447,-97.140625&spn=0.002115,0.001802&gl=us&t=h&z=19)

clambake
02-28-2014, 07:44 PM
killer thread. thanks again.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 08:16 PM
vy65. I just have to ask.

You effectively admitted the justice system is corrupted by sentiment.

Do you like being part of such a system?

He just said that no jury would award the fucker anything. You are a moron.