PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Butler to the 2x defending champs

irishock
02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Caron Butler is expected by many to sign with the Miami Heat once he clears waivers.
Butler and the Milwaukee Bucks have engaged on buyout talks on the final season of his deal, originally signed with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Butler was drafted by the Heat.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232161/Caron-Butler-Widely-Expected-To-Sign-With-Heat

hater
02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
good signing. just give em the trophy already IMO

spurraider21
02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
good signing. just give em the trophy already IMO
LeBron is their #1 option though

timtonymanu
02-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Just another scrub for LeBron to carry to a title.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Interesting signing, tbh..

Butler is a proven team cancer, as is Beasley, I wonder how Spo and Lebron will manage this..

JohnnyMax
02-26-2014, 04:53 PM
He shoots 38 percent from field and 36 from 3 point line

Katherine Robinson
02-26-2014, 05:47 PM
The impotent Texan semen cloud is hovering above Granger now.

elmanutres
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
for a moment there i thought it was jimmy butler.

Clipper Nation
02-26-2014, 06:03 PM
The impotent Texan semen cloud is hovering above Granger now.
:lmao Upstairs is in complete meltdown mode right now at the mere idea that Granger would want to play anywhere other than San Antonio....

ElNono
02-26-2014, 06:04 PM
:lmao Upstairs is in complete meltdown mode right now at the mere idea that Granger would want to play anywhere other than San Antonio....

:cry pls clppr :cry

Katherine Robinson
02-26-2014, 06:08 PM

But who would pass up the chance to play for a burn victim, 7 foot closet case and city full of fatasses?

timtonymanu
02-26-2014, 06:19 PM

Did you see this post? :lol Granger the face of the franchise

Honestly you have to take a look at the following:

Clippers have no history of winning and won`t be in the finals which will produce a blow up like always
Clippers have some big ass egos
Spurs can tell Granger that he can almost become the face of the program for 4-5 years maybe longer, once TD/TP/MG start to fade. Heck he can take Duncans role very soon it seems
Spurs have a way better chance of winning this year opposed to the Clippers
Spurs are an ORGANIZATION and FAMILY

I love the fact the Clippers can GIVE him a starting spot. What does that tell the other Clippers? You guys suck! If he does go there ya it will sting but honestly it will sting more cause I hate teams that never build, always trading, bring in the big names, make a blockbuster deal and throw all eggs into the basket hoping it turns out once.

Venti Quattro
02-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Full circle for Caron Butler imo

baseline bum
02-26-2014, 06:33 PM
just give em the trophy already IMO

already did at 28.2

D-Wade
02-26-2014, 07:33 PM
I'd rather have Granger than Butler tbh, even though Butler has already played with Wade. I've seen Butler live a few times recently and he doesn't seem to have anything left.

jimbo
02-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Apparently the Heat org/Wade really likes him.

Clipper Nation
02-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Did you see this post? :lol Granger the face of the franchise

:lol I especially love the "what does that tell the other Clippers? you guys suck!" part.... considering his competition for minutes has a.) openly apologized for his shit play on Twitter (Dudley) and b.) said to the media that his "days might be numbered" on the team (Barnes), I think they already know :lol

And as for the "ego" part, Pop has the biggest ego of all, benching Duncan during 6 and then pulling out the infamous "European question" line to deflect it in the press conference, and Enrique has a major ego himself, heroballing every game and already positioning himself to bolt for the Knicks as soon as Duncan retires :lol

ElNono
02-26-2014, 07:38 PM
adds depth... not sure he'll see much playing time in the playoffs under normal circumstances...

Rogue
02-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Miller's departure left them thin at SG/SF so it wouldn't be a bad signing for Miami imho.

Chomag
02-26-2014, 07:54 PM
How this team can sign every top free agent every-time I don't think I'll ever understand.

More power to them I guess,

Rogue
02-26-2014, 07:57 PM
OP is the NBA forum version of ChumpDumper, tbh

HI-FI
02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
How this team can sign every top free agent every-time I don't think I'll ever understand.

the league is bitch made these days. everybody wants the path of least resistance, hence the Decision.

UZER
02-26-2014, 08:28 PM
the league is bitch made these days. everybody wants the path of least resistance, hence the Decision.

Unless the path of least resistance is in San Antonio.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Smart move by Miami, as usual. Picking a player that everyone is overlooking for Granger. They have virtually no competition for him, unless Granger makes his decision first.

HI-FI
02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Unless the path of least resistance is in San Antonio.
I never understand that. SA wouldn't be the top of my destinations but it would be much higher than a lot of places, especially if I wanted to win. Maybe Pop or RC explain them to their "roles" and they are like "fuck that, I want the damn ball".

Rogue
02-27-2014, 04:53 AM

clippers are based in LA which's the reason why imho. you always have the chance to get some fine bitches as long as you're playing in LA, fuckheads like Sasha Vujacic would never expect to bang any bigname rich bitch like Sharapova if not playing in LA tbh

Phillip
02-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Butler is a proven team cancer, as is Beasley, I wonder how Spo and Lebron will manage this..

How is he a proven team cancer? I have never heard anything other than teammates loving Butler, as well as the community.

I had a friend who used to work at Ocean Prime (restaurant in Dallas) and a lot of basketball players go there after games, especially Mavericks players. He would see Butler on a weekly basis, and he said that Butler, Stevenson, and Dirk were the three nicest, most down to earth players he ever dealt with during his time there.

I know how he acts at a restaurant may not be very telling, but it just goes in line with nothing but good things that I have heard from teammates talking about Butler.

Phillip
02-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Either way, this could be a real nice signing for them, as Butler can both generate his own offense, as well as spot-up shoot.

He will be very helpful for the stretches that Lebron goes out of the game, to make sure there is more scoring punch on the court. He should do real well being able to play against opposing teams second units.

HarlemHeat37
02-27-2014, 04:21 PM
How is he a proven team cancer? I have never heard anything other than teammates loving Butler, as well as the community.

I had a friend who used to work at Ocean Prime (restaurant in Dallas) and a lot of basketball players go there after games, especially Mavericks players. He would see Butler on a weekly basis, and he said that Butler, Stevenson, and Dirk were the three nicest, most down to earth players he ever dealt with during his time there.

I know how he acts at a restaurant may not be very telling, but it just goes in line with nothing but good things that I have heard from teammates talking about Butler.

On-court cancer, I meant..

Teams are generally worse with Butler on the court, and he needs a lot of touches when he's on the floor, tbh..he has complained about his role in several situations IIRC..

Phillip
02-27-2014, 04:33 PM
On-court cancer, I meant..

Teams are generally worse with Butler on the court, and he needs a lot of touches when he's on the floor, tbh..he has complained about his role in several situations IIRC..

I can see that.

Although in this situation, its perfect for him. When Lebron goes out, their offense has issues because no one can really create any kind of offense. Butler can do that. So I think he would do quite well in that role.

I don't see him playing a ton of playoff minutes, but in terms of regular season, helping to give Lebron more rest in games? Butler should be a great asset to the team just for that alone. If Lebron can average around 2-3 minutes less a game here on out, that will take a lot of wear and tear off of him come playoff time.

Killakobe81
02-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Tuff juice will be knocking a clutch jumper after someone (SPurs, Clips, OKC) double teams James and leaves Caron for that open 20 footer or 3 pointer ...

doesnt change much Lebron was winning anyway it just might be Butler for 3 ...BANG! Instead of Ray or Shane ...

Freaking riles. The man is cold blooded.

DeadlyDynasty
02-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Butler and Beas don't have enough PT or responsibility to be cancerous...just added bonuses and we all know one or both of them will have a playoff moment this year.

Clipper Nation
02-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Tuff juice will be knocking a clutch jumper after someone (SPurs, Clips, OKC) double teams James and leaves Caron for that open 20 footer or 3 pointer ...

doesnt change much Lebron was winning anyway it just might be Butler for 3 ...BANG! Instead of Ray or Shane ...
Knowing Caron, they would need a three and he would take an unnecessary step in and chuck up a long two instead.... he did that constantly at least with the Clippers and it was infuriating....

Phillip
02-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Knowing Caron, they would need a three and he would take an unnecessary step in and chuck up a long two instead.... he did that constantly at least with the Clippers and it was infuriating....

Lol he does love those long 2s... but to be fair, he's pretty good at hitting them. But yeah when he was in Dallas, that was probably the only thing about him that bugged me, was his love affair with those long 2s.

Venti Quattro
02-27-2014, 09:40 PM
:lol I fondly remember getting annoyed with Butler's long twos while he was with the Lakers

But I like the guy despite what others say. Unfortunate that he had to be a spectator to the Mavs winning the 2010/11 title.

Killakobe81
02-28-2014, 12:25 AM
:lol I fondly remember getting annoyed with Butler's long twos while he was with the Lakers

But I like the guy despite what others say. Unfortunate that he had to be a spectator to the Mavs winning the 2010/11 title.

this. Liked him on the Lakers.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, I liked Caron, he's a true professional and a legitimately tough player, but that long-two habit really used to piss me off :lol

Thread
02-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I liked Caron, he's a true professional and a legitimately tough player, but that long-two habit really used to piss me off :lol

Why? He never made 'em. Wasn't any sweat off your brow.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Why? He never made 'em. Wasn't any sweat off your brow.

^ Suns & Cavs fan talking

Thread
02-28-2014, 12:39 AM
^ Suns & Cavs fan talking

No more free ride for you, daddy-OPERIOD

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 12:40 AM
No more free ride for you, daddy-OPERIOD
http://i.imgur.com/35JqGaa.png

Thread
02-28-2014, 12:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/35JqGaa.png

It'll do ya nary good, son.

Kool Bob Love
02-28-2014, 06:09 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232161/Caron-Butler-Widely-Expected-To-Sign-With-Heat

Hey phaggot next time don't blow your load to early. Your boyfriend might like that but it's not welcome here.

MeloHype
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
:lol

rascal
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
He no longer is a top starter but a solid addition to the bench. Good signing.

ElNono
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
He no longer is a top starter but a solid addition to the bench. Good signing.

You gonna coattail them this season now that your Lakers are down, son? Good luck in the draft, tbh

Wiz
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey phaggot next time don't blow your load to early. Your 8 year old boyfriend might like that but it's not welcome here.
Fixed

Malik Hairston
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I'd rather have Granger than Butler tbh, even though Butler has already played with Wade. I've seen Butler live a few times recently and he doesn't seem to have anything left.

Good call, my nigga..