PDA

View Full Version : McCarty to SA?

G-Nob
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
First time I've heard his name mentioned...

"Add Walter McCarty to the list of veteran free agents contacted by the 76ers. The 6-10 McCarty, 31, finished last season with Phoenix after seven-plus seasons in Boston. "They've called, and there is interest, but like a lot of teams they're waiting to see which players might become available through amnesty," said Michael Higgins, McCarty's agent."

"The Boston Herald reported that McCarty had narrowed his choices to the Sixers, Dallas and Houston, but Higgins says there are other teams involved, including San Antonio. "He's got young legs and still has some gas in the tank," Higgins said. "He's a great veteran, a classy individual, a team guy."
-Philadelphia Daily News
(would post link but registration required)

timvp
08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Interesting. Not too sure what the Spurs could use him for. I guess he'd fit as a character guy at the end of the bench.

I've never been a big Waltah fan :td

Horry For 3!
08-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Hmmm, I don't want him on the Spurs.

T Park
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Fits the Danny Ferry role of someone that can come in and bag some threes.

Other than that hes not much.

If he plays for the minimum, bring him in.

G-Nob
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Seems like he'd be just a big body they could throw in there. That's really all Phoenix did with him. Might eat up some minutes.

Mr. Body
08-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Jesu Christus, NO. He couldn't get off the bench even for a desperate Suns team with the weakest bench in the playoffs. His calling card is as a big body who shoots threes... and he doesn't do that very well.

JUUOT
08-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Spurs have no money left (4M max) and they have only 10 guys under contract. without moving rasho or nazr i do not see how they are going to pay for anyone worth more than minimum. so names like this one will emerge. The only place left they will spend a little more than minimum is a 4th wing (devin, evans or jones)...

what did you think they would get...

BillsCarnage
08-04-2005, 06:15 PM
He brings nothing but bench fodder, which is what the Spurs need.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Good guy to have around -- occasionally has a big game.

timvp
08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Jesu Christus, NO. He couldn't get off the bench even for a desperate Suns team with the weakest bench in the playoffs. His calling card is as a big body who shoots threes... and he doesn't do that very well.

Just to humor me, could you give me a list of other team's free agents you actually want the Spurs to sign?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-04-2005, 06:40 PM

I like LJ's question better :lol

I was going to ask if you were expecting Lebron to sign for the minimum in '07 to help us fill out our bench :lol

Mr. Body
08-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Just to humor me, could you give me a list of other team's free agents you actually want the Spurs to sign?

Why do I have to do that?

Aggie - who's LJ?

Talking about who's going on IR for you or who's taking up the 12th man spot is like arguing over the color of the aluminum ducts that'll go in the walls of your new house. I really don't care what color they are or where the aluminum comes from. If they get to be visible, you're in real trouble to begin with. What's important most of all is they're not total crap and practically not in the league anymore, like Walter McCarty and many of the other players on the Phoenix bench, like Paul Shirley. WMcC is just a name people remember from Kentucky or wherever and Boston. He's like a Robert Horry without the talent.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Why do I have to do that?You must have someone in mind since you've shat upon every single suggestion made in the past two months.

T Park
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Rascal under a different name?

timvp
08-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Why do I have to do that?

I was just curious. I haven't seen you advocate one single player this offseason that isn't already associated with the Spurs. Is there absolutely no one out there that you like? You can't even give us one name of a player you would accept?

I've seen you scoff at pretty much everyone. I'm just waiting for the one that you approve of.

Marcus Bryant
08-04-2005, 08:08 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005U8EM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DDS4
08-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Meh.

mattyc
08-05-2005, 02:41 AM
I like Walt, but not as a Spur.

Spurologist
08-05-2005, 07:06 AM
http://cdbaby.com/covers/w/a/walterm.jpg