PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: D'antoni fires back at Pau

Michael Jordan.
02-26-2014, 10:24 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) coach Mike D'Antoni says he was disappointed thatPau Gasol (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol) took him to task through the media and also vowed Wednesday to continue to employ a small-ball lineup down the stretch this season.

"The thing I just don't appreciate ... You just keep it in-house," D'Antoni said before the Lakers played the Memphis Grizzlies (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies). "It's very easy just to come over and talk about your frustrations. We'll try to work something out. We'll figure something out. But to go to (the media) and to do it in the papers, that's disturbing. I just don't think that's the way to go and people should understand that we're all trying to solve the same problem, so let's just put our heads together and do the best we can."

D'Antoni addressed Gasol and the rest of the Lakers' players at the team hotel Wednesday in lieu of a shootaround, with L.A. set to play the second half of a back-to-back following Tuesday's 118-98 loss at Indiana.
It was less of an air-it-out team meeting than a chance to move on from the loss to the Pacers -- L.A.'s 25th in its last 31 games -- and prepare for the Grizzlies, according to a team source.
"Nobody wants to see that," said the source when asked about Gasol and D'Antoni exchanging public barbs once again, something that's happened several occasions since D'Antoni was hired to replace Mike Brown last November.

"We're just hoping to finish the season off the right way."
The Lakers entered Wednesday with a 19-38 record, placing them last in the Western Conference and all but already eliminated from the playoffs -- 14½ games out of the eighth and final spot with 25 games left to play. If they maintain their .333 winning percentage, it will be their worst season mark since the franchise moved to L.A. from Minneapolis, edging out the team's 1974-75 season when it went 30-52 (.366).
D'Antoni said that he understood why Gasol was feeling frustrated but took exception to Gasol's claim that there was a lack of discipline governing the Lakers.

"I have no idea what he's talking about," D'Antoni said. "(Tuesday) night, like (Gasol) said, we should have had more ball movement, but I don't know what that has to do with discipline. It has to do with guys trying too hard, guys not really understanding the system totally and not really getting ingrained into it and so I think in that aspect, I can understand what he's talking about, but I don't know why he used that word."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10523800/mike-dantoni-los-angeles-lakers-fires-back-pau-gasol-keep-house

Goddamn Fredo.

Mugen
02-26-2014, 10:29 PM
:lol Pringles complaining about Pau bitching to the media by bitching to the media tbh.

Michael Jordan.
:lol Pringles complaining about Pau bitching to the media by bitching to the media tbh.
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
Feel bad for D'Antoni, tbh(well, not really, he's making a lot of money)..

Between Kobe being a cancer + Pau being a pussy + Aids Johnson running his mouth + horrible ownership, he's in a no-win situation from a basketball perspective:lol..

Michael Jordan.
02-26-2014, 10:32 PM
This is the kind of shit that free agents and prospects will look at.

Thread
02-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Pau is the same guy who was openly targeted by Mark Cuban, who sent Chandler & Dirk for him. Pau's response? He cried to the officiating during the game.

Cuban had not forgot '08 when Perkins & Powe struck the template.

Mark Cuban

DeadlyDynasty
02-26-2014, 10:41 PM
:lol@Pau taking anyone to task...even his forum fanbois have forsaken him once they realized nobody wants him. We can't even GIVE him away now. Know your place you useless, statpadding eurofag

Thread
02-26-2014, 10:43 PM
:lol@Pau taking anyone to task...even his forum fanbois have forsaken him once they realized nobody wants him. We can't even GIVE him away now. Know your place you useless, statpadding eurofag

We got 2 out of him by Kobe babysitting & child abusing him. Howard showing up & Perkins not showing up didn't hurt.

StrengthAndHonor
02-26-2014, 10:44 PM
#Gasol
#cancer
#coachkiller

RsxPiimp
02-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Gasol doing the Lakers a favor. He knows he's not coming back next year so he's putting further strain on D'Antoni and his public perception with the fans which is already at an all time low while pressuring th front office to make changes next season.

Laker for life. I'll miss Gasol.

Thread
02-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Gasol doing the Lakers a favor. He knows he's not coming back next year so he's putting further strain on D'Antoni and his public perception with the fans which is already at an all time low while pressuring th front office to make changes next season.

Laker for life. I'll miss Gasol.

Pau has never been fully vested, even in the salad days. We got 2 and for that I am thankful. It was 2 that transcended Kobe.

RsxPiimp
02-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Pau has never been fully vested, even in the salad days. We got 2 and for that I am thankful. It was 2 that transcended Kobe.

Salad days:lol

HI-FI
02-26-2014, 11:03 PM
without MVPau, you, DeadlyDynasty and most of the Laker fans wouldn't be here. Kobe would've quit on the Lakers eventually, as he's prone to do.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:06 PM
without MVPau, you, DeadlyDynasty and most of the Laker fans wouldn't be here. Kobe would've quit on the Lakers eventually, as he's prone to do.

You always go too far, HI. Always. You want to type it RIGHT, but, your hatreds take over and you type it from your hatreds. Until you can learn to divorce your Spurs from the Lakers you'll be less than you should be. And that's a shame.

HI-FI
02-26-2014, 11:08 PM
You always go too far, HI. Always. You want to type it RIGHT, but, your hatreds take over and you type it from your hatreds. Until you can learn to divorce your Spurs from the Lakers you'll be less than you should be. And that's a shame.
:rolleyes

ElNono
02-26-2014, 11:08 PM
This would be a good time for Fredo to offer MVPau a 2-3 year extension in the $35m-$40m range...

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:09 PM
:rolleyes

True. it was a bit long & drawn out. tee, hee.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:11 PM
This would be a good time for Fredo to offer MVPau a 2-3 year extension in the $35m-$40m range...

& wouldn't surprise me in the least.

irishock
02-26-2014, 11:11 PM
They'll probably bring Bynum back as well

jimbo
02-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Pau has to realize they're tanking. I don't know why he's been complaining about losses. The reasonable answer is that he was baited into answering questions like this, well either that or Pau is just a faggot and actually is crying to the media.

I also don't get why the media is still harping on the Lakers anyways. Let them be and let them get their draft pick.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Pau has to realize they're tanking. I don't know why he's been complaining about losses. The reasonable answer is that he was baited into answering questions like this, well either that or Pau is just a faggot and actually is crying to the media.

I also don't get why the media is still harping on the Lakers anyways. Let them be and let them get their draft pick.

Contract year for him

DMC
02-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Pau is the same guy who was openly targeted by Mark Cuban, who sent Chandler & Dirk for him. Pau's response? He cried to the officiating during the game.

Cuban had not forgot '08 when Perkins & Powe struck the template.

Mark Cuban

LA Mavaliers fan living in Phoenix.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:23 PM

Because that's where the pickins (slim as they are) rests yet. + it's an old habit, and Media is no different than the rest of society. [We] always take the path of least resistance. {Everybody} hates the Lakers. "I'll do a hit piece on them." Even though we're dead as a door nail. And it's also because we have a "good excuse." That galls haters in & out of Media. They go after us anyway, but, they feel guilty a little.

jimbo
02-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Contract year for him

Can't believe I forgot that. Guess he's screwed either way. I know I've got no clue what his real worth is anymore.

Calispursfan11
02-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Lakers have never appreciated Pau like he deserves. He may be somewhat soft and wimpy, but he's a consummate professional and perrennial All-Star. He's been the Lakers' best player at certain times in past years. Pringles is not even worthy to coach a guy like Pau and he needs to stfu. Fuck pringles. He may be a nice guy but that's not gonna cut it in tinseltown and soiling Pau in front of the media does nothing but make him look more like the incompetent weenie he is.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Can't believe I forgot that. Guess he's screwed either way. I know I've got no clue what his real worth is anymore.

I'll put up an ELE bet that he won't get another contract.

- Nappy's buddy Pappy

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Lakers have never appreciated Pau like he deserves. He may be somewhat soft and wimpy, but he's a consummate professional and perrennial All-Star. He's been the Lakers' best player at certain times in past years. Pringles is not even worthy to coach a guy like Pau and he needs to stfu. Fuck pringles. He may be a nice guy but that's not gonna cut it in tinseltown and soiling Pau in front of the media does nothing but make him look more like the incompetent weenie he is.

He set the book in the '08 Finals when he let Perkins & Powe in essence rape him. We lucked out in '09 & '10 and then he was targeted again in '11 by Cuban. That was not only his fault, but, it was more Jackson's and Kupchak's fault for trying to whistle past that graveyard instead of preemptively addressing it.

Mugen
02-26-2014, 11:33 PM
He set the book in the '08 Finals when he let Perkins & Powe in essence rape him. We lucked out in '09 & '10 and then he was targeted again in '11 by Cuban. That was not only his fault, but, it was more Jackson's and Kupchak's fault for trying to whistle past that graveyard instead of preemptively addressing it.

bend over, I'll show ya a graveyard.

jimbo
02-26-2014, 11:35 PM
I'll put up an ELE bet that he won't get another contract.

- Nappy's buddy Pappy

That's another win-win for you. If you're calling Duncan a tired old shitbag now, just wait until you're trotting out Kobe and Pau in 2 years. Ain't no one getting in on that.

If the Lakers want to win, I wouldn't think he'd get another contract. But Jimmy gave Kobe his new contract because Jerry would have did the same. Jerry would have also paid Pau. You're stuck on this one.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:39 PM
That's another win-win for you. If you're calling Duncan a tired old shitbag now, just wait until you're trotting out Kobe and Pau in 2 years. Ain't no one getting in on that.

If the Lakers want to win, I wouldn't think he'd get another contract. But Jimmy gave Kobe his new contract because Jerry would have did the same. Jerry would have also paid Pau. You're stuck on this one.

Well, it's my bag and I'm assigning it as I see fit. You had your chance to get rid of it last June, but, blew it. Now, it's not up for grabs this time around. & even if you ring in June it's still 5-5 Kobe tied with the tired old shit bag Duncan. Just so you know ahead of time, HI.

Love always,

- Dale

tlongII
02-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Talk about a non-story. Who gives a fuck? The Lakers are irrelevant and that ain't because of Pau.

ElNono
02-26-2014, 11:43 PM
I gather Portland is winning?

tlongII
02-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I gather Portland is winning?

You gather correctly.

Splits
02-26-2014, 11:44 PM
even if you ring in June

So you're saying we have a chance.

Which game/series will you disappear this postseason?

lefty
02-26-2014, 11:45 PM
"We're just hoping to finish the season off the right way."

http://media.giphy.com/media/dFmpr1JHPNxD2/giphy.gif

Splits
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
The internet gods have delivered to Cabo! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Allah Akbar!

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
So you're saying we have a chance.

Which game/series will you disappear this postseason?

Whenever you're ready to tender an apology I'll accept it, Splits. You kinda beat me to a pulp in front of the entire company last nite. It was uncalled for.

C'mon, Splitty.

jimbo
02-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Well, it's my bag and I'm assigning it as I see fit. You had your chance to get rid of it last June, but, blew it. Now, it's not up for grabs this time around. & even if you ring in June it's still 5-5 Kobe tied with the tired old shit bag Duncan. Just so you know ahead of time, HI.

Love always,

- Dale

Regarding 4&5, I wouldn't think of it any other way. I'm at peace. We dug our grave and we buried ourselves in it.

You've dug your grave, but we're not going to fill it in for you... Especially not after you rose from the dead after game 7.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Regarding 4&5, I wouldn't think of it any other way. I'm at peace. We dug our grave and we buried ourselves in it.

You've dug your grave, but we're not going to fill it in for you... Especially not after you rose from the dead after game 7.

Seriously, you wanted me to come back after 6. I was your witness. I made it real. It wasn't a dream. It was a living nightmare.

jimbo
02-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Seriously, you wanted me to come back after 6. I was your witness. I made it real. It wasn't a dream. It was a living nightmare.

I think the signals got a little mixed up between here and 6ft under. You were wanted back after The Sweep. Three knocks, no response.

It wasn't until after we took your place in the ground that you came out. A dead man isn't making any requests and we were as dead as it comes.

Thread
02-26-2014, 11:59 PM
I think the signals got a little mixed up between here and 6ft under. You were wanted back after The Sweep. Three knocks, no response.

It wasn't until after we took your place in the ground that you came out. A dead man isn't making any requests and we were as dead as it comes.

Still, you wanted me back. I'm serious. You needed me to kick you like I have. Now you know it's not make believe. Dale is standing there laughing his 60 year old ass off at ya's. That's real.

Splits
02-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Whenever you're ready to tender an apology I'll accept it, Splits. You kinda beat me to a pulp in front of the entire company last nite. It was uncalled for.

C'mon, Splitty.

I think you have a certain affinity, a fetish if you will, of being undressed in public -- in front of the troops. Had you cried uncle last night in context, perhaps whatever remains of my conscious could have mustered a half-hearted, mumbled "sorry". But as it stands I lie in wait for another opportunity...

Thread
02-27-2014, 12:03 AM
I think you have a certain affinity, a fetish if you will, of being undressed in public -- in front of the troops. Had you cried uncle last night in context, perhaps whatever remains of my conscious could have mustered a half-hearted, mumbled "sorry". But as it stands I lie in wait for another opportunity...

I'll accept that )masked as it is( as your apology, Splits.

jimbo
02-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Still, you wanted me back. I'm serious. You needed me to kick you like I have. Now you know it's not make believe. Dale is standing there laughing his 60 year old ass off at ya's. That's real.

You're speaking to the wrong guy on this one. I'm never too high or too low. Timvp, now that's a guy you could have kicked back into reality. He's still gone, what...9 months later?

Thread
02-27-2014, 12:11 AM
You're speaking to the wrong guy on this one. I'm never too high or too low. Timvp, now that's a guy you could have kicked back into reality. He's still gone, what...9 months later?

Honestly, I cannot imagine the pain. It's why I'm genuinely torn for you fellows. I am. I didn't want you to win it, but, I also didn't want you to lose it like that. & it's why I ask for the particulars of the pain. I am curious as to how that looks & feels. I've never been there and am grateful that I don't but now I know someone(s) who have. It's as close as I've ever been on either side of it. It's a fascinating occurrence.

unforeseen
02-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Pau dropping the truth.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/TOxY58B_zps96b08565.gif

Koolaid_Man
02-27-2014, 05:51 AM

^ Is this what you mean Cully:

Kobe: "When I'm out there being aggressive and doing my thing, he needs to follow suit and just be just as aggressive which is hard for him because it's kind of against his nature. But I think tonight was a good step," Bryant said. "Even when he was in Memphis and he was the go-to guy, he was always very nice. Very white swan. I need him to be black swan."

Pau's Response: "I just got to be more aggressive; I got to get more involved offensively," Gasol said on the three-year anniversary of his trade to the Lakers from the Grizzlies on Feb. 1, 2008. "Otherwise, if I'm not involved I can't produce and I can't maximize my talent. So, I got to stay aggressive for all the time that I'm out there ... and understand that the team needs me to be more aggressive too."

Kobe's response to Pau's response: "That will take our game to a whole 'nother level," Bryant said. "He's capable of doing it, so now it's just about it kind of having it become more of a habit for him. But I mean, he's just an easy-going player that just makes passes when they're there and takes shots as they come to him but sometimes you just got to go get it.

Pau's final response to Kobe's response: "It was positive," Gasol said. "It definitely had a very positive effect on me that he approached me and he let me know. Kobe always make me feel better after we talk."

Koolaid_Man
02-27-2014, 05:55 AM
Phil Jackson responds to Pau by punching him in his fucking man boob chest:

P8pV2v4wNJs

Double-Up
03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Talk about a non-story. Who gives a fuck? The Lakers are irrelevant and that ain't because of Pau.
'
Agreed...