PDA

View Full Version : It's official ! No more local sports radio for me _

mouse
08-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Trust me this is not another topic to bash anyone, or just vent for no reason. I did what Peter Burns said. I tuned into both shows. I heard the T brothers show yesterday, and I tuned in twice to the STSA with Jeff vexler today, And after about 3 minutes? I thought I was going to have to put my lips on the end of a 38 special.

I know this may be a stupid question but....did anyone else tune in? When I tuned in around 5:30 ish, someone brought up the fact they bought a new pair of Sneakers and Jeff told the callers to call in with there favorite sneakers. Jeff has hit rock bottom, If you was to fart on his show he would have the callers call in with there favorite places to fart, "what spurs games have you farted at?" "which Spurs player do you think has the loudest farts?"

After it was around 6:20ish I made the mistake again and I turned the radio back on and they was asking your favorite 80s chick, Did I miss something is the Ticket 760 Non sports now?

Now the diffrence between me and Alamo50/T park and MikeyP? I can still see Jeff vexler in person, and we are still friends, and but I can say when a show sucks, unlike them they fall under the brown nose Ticket fans, Alamo50 is so happy about his radio gig that I don't think the station will ever do anything he can disagrees with, T park lips are so tight on the T brothers ass you won't ever get a non Bias take from him, And since MikeyP came In 5th place of the be a sports caster for a day show? I have not heard anything negative about the ticket, But we live in America , so they have that right.

But as for me? I have no problem telling anyone what I really think, Hell when I met Mark Burnett a few months back I told him a thing or two I did not like about Survivor, and he was happy to hear a non kiss ass remark about his show.

But to each his own I guess. All I know is I gave it a shot and to be honest not only was I not Impressed? I wanted my 7 minutes of my life back, If for some reason Kori is on the show? or, the show has made a real drastic change? please post it here because you will see me in a Cop uniform before you catch me tuning in to that show again,

JoeChalupa
08-04-2005, 07:25 PM
I would have picked Jacqlyn Smith as the hottest Charlie's Angel and as a kid I always had generic sneakers.

mouse
08-04-2005, 07:32 PM
I would have picked Jacqlyn Smith as the hottest Charlie's Angel and as a kid I always had generic sneakers.

Did you see Jose Cancseco on FOX news and on CNN? That was cool to see how many now take his book serious after this latest steroids scandal, that was interesting to watch him answer questions about his book.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Did you see Jose Cancseco on FOX news and on CNN? That was cool to see how many now take his book serious after this latest steroids scandal, that was interesting to watch him answer questions about his book.

As if anybody should be shocked. Pete may have gambled but he played the game like no other and these idiots have to cheat.

My best memory of Jose Cancseco was watching that fly ball bounce off his dome.

ShoogarBear
08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I know this may be a stupid question but....did anyone else tune in? When I tuned in around 5:30 ish, someone brought up the fact they bought a new pair of Sneakers and Jeff told the callers to call in with there favorite sneakers. Jeff has hit rock bottom, If you was to fart on his show he would have the callers call in with there favorite places to fart, "what spurs games have you farted at?" "which Spurs player do you think has the loudest farts?"

The could call a show like that "The Club"!

Sadly, among Canseco, McGwire, Bonds, and Palmeiro, Jose now has the most credibility.

mouse
08-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Joe and Bear, you make good points. and I see the humor :smokin

But you two must admit, folks in this city seem to have lowered expectations on many things.

ShoogarBear
08-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I haven't lived in SA for any extended time in almost 30 years, so I can't comment intelligently on the sports radio scene.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Joe and Bear, you make good points. and I see the humor :smokin

But you two must admit, folks in this city seem to have lowered expectations on many things.

I happen to like Walter Passthecheetos. I don't know why but he cracks me up. I don't take sports that seriously so I guess my standards are a little lower than others but I also like a fun show.
Sometimes Andrew Sasicilisacialano gets too serious and I miss Tony Bruno.

But that is just me.

samikeyp
08-04-2005, 10:02 PM
And since MikeyP came In 5th place of the be a sports caster for a day show? I have not heard anything negative about the ticket, But we live in America , so they have that right.

hey! I came in 3rd! :lol

and actually at the game 3 GTG at Kori's you heard me vent. I agree with you Mouse about STSA....I am not a huge fan either. I liked the Thompsons but haven't heard them on their new show and I like Peter Burns' NFL show. Mouse, I support your right to speak your peace as someone who is a veteran of local and national call-in shows.

pooh
08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I've stopped listening to STSA...I'm really looking forward to Charlie Parker and David Chancellors show next week. The experiement of Walter/Vex and especially Don Harris has ran its' course.

pooh
08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
KTSA picked up former KSAT-12 announcer Paul Alexander to head up their sports department. He's ok...but of course the reason why he got fired over at KSAT was because of his editorials and such.

Guru of Nothing
08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Sadly, among Canseco, McGwire, Bonds, and Palmeiro, Jose now has the most credibility.

OUCH!

True.

KEDA
08-04-2005, 10:29 PM
btw the best shoes I had were the Jordan XIs
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/af/e9/Nike_Air_Jordan_XI_Retro_Basketball_Shoe-resized200.jpg

mouse
08-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I've stopped listening to STSA...I'm really looking forward to Charlie Parker and David Chancellors show next week. The experiement of Walter/Vex and especially Don Harris has ran its' course.

hey pooh remember when Don Harris used your e mails to kick start the show back in 2000? :lmao

pooh
08-04-2005, 10:32 PM
hey pooh remember when Don Harris used your e mails to kick start the show back in 2000? :lmao

Close...it was when Jay and Laura hosted STSA. That email was classic...I really roasted him big time. I wish I had saved a copy of it though.

mouse
08-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Dam I forgot about that show. I never thought I would say this but..I miss that show...

I guess you missed the STSA when Don Harris used your e mail to be-little all the folks who post on Spur forums. then went to comercial break and played a promo that instructed listeners to log on to the Ticketsports.com... :lmao

pooh
08-04-2005, 10:45 PM
I remember when he talked about the so-called "losers" who hang out at those forms, he mentioned my nickname "pooh" and they discussed it for a few minutes. I haven't sent an email to him or pretty much anyone up there since. It's not that I haven't been tempted, it's just that they're not going to change...so why bother. Synergy sucks...

scott
08-04-2005, 10:48 PM
How did Vexler ever get a job in radio to begin with? Seriously...

Marcus Bryant
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I remember when he talked about the so-called "losers" who hang out at those forms, he mentioned my nickname "pooh" and they discussed it for a few minutes. I haven't sent an email to him or pretty much anyone up there since. It's not that I haven't been tempted, it's just that they're not going to change...so why bother. Synergy sucks...

Well, they do get paid for their bullshitting...

pooh
08-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Kori might now how Vex got his start...according to the Bio on Ticket760, one of his big coup's was getting the scoop on that cheerleading scandal a few years back. But hey...Walter is there, so they'll hire anyone. And he came off the streets from busting tables at a Marriott.

mouse
08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Pooh! This was an Epic show. it was an e mail sent to the show and they blamed it on you. :lmao

King
08-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Vex got started working as a board operator, I believe.

pooh
08-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Pooh! This was an Epic show. it was an e mail sent to the show and they blamed it on you. :lmao

The one I sent Jay was very harsh and stinging. One of my classic ones. I also called out Laura Green about how Iverson was a real man and playing hurt in the playoffs that year and yet Duncan didn't play any in the playoffs that year, due to his leg injury. The rest of the show was Laura mentioning my name over and over in any topic that came up. Of course I also got Laura so pissed off one time that she uttered the words "Bullshit" over the air and it wasn't beeped out.

mouse
08-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Pooh I remember that show. I have it on tape.

she said she was so upset that folks don't understand the pain Tim Is going through and that she is sorry that she sounds piss but it's all Bull shit. :lmao

scott
08-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Actually, Vexler isn't the one I was thinking of... it was Walter... how did THAT guy ever get on radio?

Although Vexler sucks too...

TastesLikeChicken
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
"what spurs games have you farted at?"

Spurs @ Phoenix Conference Finals GM 2

"which Spurs player do you think has the loudest farts?"

If we're talking current I'll say Oberto because he's got a lifetime of latin food in him

But if we're going all-time it's gotta be Donald Royal

Hey those were great questions Mouse, you ever thought about getting into radio??

:)

mouse
08-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Vexler sucks too...

Vexler has talent. he is funny, and knows his hoops, Don't let what you hear on the radio fool you. That's what makes me so upset that he is taking the easy way out , and talking about what ever pops in his head, he is better than that, he should have that show on fire, If I thought he sucked I would not give a shit. His problem is his co host, Walter brings the show down, I remember many times Jeff would say something and walter would just let him sound like he was all alone on making his point. he leaves him out to dry, Walter used to be the funny guy when he did the Jay Howard show, maybe he is upset about something.

I heard Jeff say"dam Wally I thought you had my back?" more than once,

I even heard a rumor that they don't like each other off the air.

Jeff is like Abott W/O Costello he needs the right partner.

Remember you need more than one item to make good a PB&J :smokin

mouse
08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Mouse, you ever thought about getting into radio??

:)

I tried , not much room with all those wires and resitors :lmao

Guru of Nothing
08-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Remember you need more than one item to make good a PB&J :smokin

Maybe more than two.

scott
08-05-2005, 12:25 AM
There is a "b" and "j" joke to be had here.

TheTruth
08-05-2005, 12:31 AM
I remember a while back Vex and that other dude were listing records that would never be broken. Vex said that he didn't think anyone would match Tim's Rookie of the Year, NBA 1st team, and Finals MVP in one year, and the other dude said that noone would break Ricky Williams all time rushing record.

Someone pointed out to them that Tim didn't win a title his rookie year and that Ron Dayne had already broken the record. That was pretty funny.

mouse
08-05-2005, 12:57 PM
There is a "b" and "j" joke to be had here.

^ :lmao

bigzak25
08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/bigzak25/mouseexpress.jpg

mouse
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Bigsnack.jpg

bigzak25
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
that's great...:lmao

lets start a gang...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/bigzak25/mouseexpress.jpg http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Bigsnack.jpg http://www.gafflin.com/haha/graphics/teams/niet_logo_rocky_dennis_express.jpg

tlongII
08-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you have too much local sports talk radio in SA. You only need a couple of hours a day max. There's only so much local stuff you can talk about there. Same with Portland.

Solid D
08-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I've got news for ya. Sporstalk radio hasn't been "just sports" since Greg Lucas was the Sports radio guy on WOAI. Even Jay Howard didn't talk sports all of the time.

If you go to Dallas or even some of the Natlional shows... it's just guys talking about whatever and sports get in there, too.

The Ticket 1310 in Dallas can be pretty hilarious sometimes and I'd rate their collective Sports IQ above that of the The Ticket 760 in SA...maybe even over-all IQ, okay, but it's still just guys talkin' and laughin' about you-name-it stuff.

tlongII
08-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Cool sig, huh?

mouse
08-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Sounds like you have too much local sports talk radio in SA. You only need a couple of hours a day max. There's only so much local stuff you can talk about there. Same with Portland.

Look I have no problem talking about which Spur player wears Boxers or briefs. and I have no problem talking about which hand you use to wipe your ass now and then, But don't make that the whole hour of the show, mix in some national sports.

These guys ack like there are no Randy Moss fans, Maybe some guy wants to know If Drew Brees will be a good pick for his fantasy draft, How about an update on Rose's NBA Championship rings that got stolen, where is the guy now? How about Tim Duncans kid? what is going on with Pop in the off sreason? does he fish? How many fantasy teams do you have and how did you do last year?

Will the NBA ever crack down on the pot use ? How are things in Manu's country? Did not someone threaten to kidnap another family member?

why is it Black people don't play Hockey? Should we let the NBA open up for teams outside the USA?

here are some hot topics on the web today

Las Vegas to host 2007 NBA All-Star Game

NCAA announces guidelines for Native American mascots

MLB comes down on Cleveland, Seattle

Jim Kelly's son passes away

Ivan Rodriguez suspended, fined

Blackhawks upgrade crease with Khabibulin

Lions sign Drummond to tender

Is it to much to have at least one station in San Antonio where I can turn on the radio and actually here sports? maybe I am asking to much, if so ? my bad, never mind , and carry on ..........

Solid D
08-05-2005, 04:16 PM

Is it to much to have at least one station in San Antonio where I can turn on the radio and actually here sports? maybe I am asking to much, if so ? my bad, never mind , and carry on ..........

With the exception of the American Indian nickname stuff, that list is not spectacular enough topics for The Ticket 760. Since there is no real news today on Kenny Rogers or Raffy Palmeiro, it's not going to get much play.

tlongII
08-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Look I have no problem talking about which Spur player wears Boxers or briefs. and I have no problem talking about which hand you use to wipe your ass now and then, But don't make that the whole hour of the show, mix in some national sports.

These guys ack like there are no Randy Moss fans, Maybe some guy wants to know If Drew Brees will be a good pick for his fantasy draft, How about an update on Rose's NBA Championship rings that got stolen, where is the guy now? How about Tim Duncans kid? what is going on with Pop in the off sreason? does he fish? How many fantasy teams do you have and how did you do last year?

Will the NBA ever crack down on the pot use ? How are things in Manu's country? Did not someone threaten to kidnap another family member?

why is it Black people don't play Hockey? Should we let the NBA open up for teams outside the USA?

That's why you should have a local show for only about two hours. You can air Mike & Mike, Rome, Patrick, and Colin Cowherd to fill most of the rest of the air time. Most locals are hacks...that's why they're local.

mouse
08-05-2005, 07:41 PM
that's why they're local.

If that was the case? then why no talk about the san antonio missions?

The san Antonio Rampage? The San Antonio Stars?

Hell I would settle for High school Sports, we do have UTSA,

The bottom-line is, local or not, You want folks to tune in, isn't that what the advertisers pay for?

Spam
08-05-2005, 08:08 PM
If that was the case? then why no talk about the san antonio missions?

Hell I would settle for High school Sports, we do have UTSA,

The bottom-line is, local or not, You want folks to tune in, isn't that what the advertisers pay for?

Be honest, if they were talking about the san antonio missions?

Would you listen?

mouse
08-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Be honest, if they were talking about the san antonio missions?

Would you listen?

Do I have a choice?

Willinsa
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll probably tune in when school starts again. What else am I going to tune into? KTSA? NPR?

XM radio is looking better and better though.

I just got mine and it awesome, the Sports stations you get are:

ESPN Radio
ESPN news (Simulcast from TV)
Fox Sports (Sucks since we are stuck with it here in SA.)
Sporting News radio

Also you hear almost all the baseball games during the year.

JoeChalupa
08-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I still like free radio better.

I'm gonna have to get used to Charlie Parker talking sports but I'm gonna give it a Chance.

spurschick
08-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Charlie and Chance started today... Roland called in, shocker.

atlfan25
08-09-2005, 12:16 AM
these local morons suck