PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: If The Rockets Couldn't Win With Yao and TMac They Sure Won't With Harden and Dwight

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2014, 03:02 PM
:lmao@ Rockets fan...another year another team with false hopes and false dreams....gotta give the Rockets brass credit..they try hard to build a winner but it's just not in their cards...the Rockets are like the nice guy of the dating scene...the nice guy in the club...everyone knows that guy gets no pussy :lol

Yao and Tmac > Harden and Dwight

RsxPiimp
02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Amen^

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:07 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/NYR5/lakers-fans-before-5th-july-2013-stay-d12-we-love-you/image.png

CitizenDwayne
02-28-2014, 03:10 PM
If the Lakers couldn't win with Kobe, Nash, Pau & Dwight, they sure won't win with Swaggy P and Jodie Meeks.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Capri actually pulling a decent take out of his ass for once :wow

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:12 PM
If the Lakers couldn't win with Kobe, Nash, Pau & Dwight, they sure won't win with Swaggy P and Jodie Meeks.
http://jvanderah.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/dunk-2.gif?w=627

Budkin
02-28-2014, 03:17 PM

Fact.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:19 PM
So no one remembers Yao getting punked by Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur in the playoffs?

Thread
02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I hate to go against my Koolster, but, Yao & TMac ain't got a pot to piss in.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
I hate to go against my Koolster, but, Yao & TMac ain't got a pot to piss in.

People don't remember, while Yao was talented on offense, he wasn't a dominate force on offense until his latter two years in his career. And was soft on defense. McGrady was just as lazy as Harden on defense but got by on offense by pure skill. He never worked on his offensive game.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 03:27 PM
So no one remembers Yao getting punked by Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur in the playoffs?

Nobody remembers Yao shitting on Dwight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFppQfs75Ro

irishock
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Dwight accomplished more in his first 5 years in the league than Yao had in his entire career.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Nobody remembers Yao shitting on Dwight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFppQfs75Ro

Dwight took his team to the finals. Yao was busy getting shit on by Okur and Boozer. McGrady's first year in Houston, where he was a beast in the playoffs, up 2-0, they blew the series because of Yao

spurraider21
02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
If Yao didn't go down against the Lakers I think Houston would have won that series. iirc it went to 7 as it is

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Dwight took his team to the finals. Yao was busy getting shit on by Okur and Boozer. McGrady's first year in Houston, where he was a beast in the playoffs, up 2-0, they blew the series because of Yao
Hedo fortified DwightPERIOD :lol

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Hedo fortified DwightPERIOD :lol
Hedo shot 42% in the playoffs. And 41% in the regular season. Dwight shot 60% in the playoffs. Try again.

Katherine Robinson
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
True, Capri. The Rockets have the talent, but riddled with flaws.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Y
Dwight accomplished more in his first 5 years in the league than Yao had in his entire career.

East

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Here's another take I'm sure you'd agree with....

ShaKobe > Bron, Wade, and Christina...

RsxPiimp
02-28-2014, 04:31 PM

Ungrateful Houston fans:lol Yao put y'all on the map

elmanutres
02-28-2014, 04:31 PM

Too bad its an obvious one everybody already knew.

Chillen
02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Actually the opposite, they have more of a chance at a title with Harden, Howard tbh. Yao had his limitations and Tmac was a scoring machine but had never been to the NBA finals or a deep playoff push before. Both Harden and Howard have helped push their older respective teams to a Finals appearence.

On paper that was a team that should have won 1 NBA title together, but it was an epic disaster that team never had any chemistry and both Kobe and Nash were past their primes and injury plagued to be fair.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Ungrateful Houston fans:lol Yao put y'all on the map
Um what? Hakeem did that. I don't see how Yao's marketing has anything to do what he did not do on the court. Yao, being 7'6, always tried to take charges instead of blocking shots, and could not dominate the boards (averaged only 10 RPG twice in his career, should be dominating much more when you're 7'6) to save his life. He was incredibly easy to stop in the playoffs for most of his career. Again, what did that combination produce?

Killakobe81
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Actually the opposite, they have more of a chance at a title with Harden, Howard tbh. Yao had his limitations and Tmac was a scoring machine but had never been to the NBA finals or a deep playoff push before. Both Harden and Howard have helped push their older respective teams to a Finals appearence.

True. But Harden who I like a lot is not a prime TMAc.

Dwight is a much better defender but Yao was a highly skilled big man.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 04:41 PM

You are right, McGrady had all the tools on offense and was supremely skilled, he just wasted his talent. Yao disappeared in the biggest moments of the Jazz and Dallas series.

Chillen
02-28-2014, 04:44 PM

So you can make a case that current Rockets team is 1 more all-star shy of being a serious threat to win it all, just like that of Miami, etc

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Too bad its an obvious one everybody already knew.
My standards aren't very high for Capri :lol

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
The Rockets need a true PG more than they need another all star. Actually, getting rid of Lin who is a huge fucking negative would be enough.

Killakobe81
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM
So you can make a case that current Rockets team is 1 more all-star shy of being a serious threat to win it all, in vein of Miami

I would argue not just an all-star because tbh IF parsons was on a shittier team, he would get some all-star consideration.
They need a 1A, or a strong 2A/2B to be legit title team. And thi is assuming they dont lose anything to acquire said player.

For example As good as Bosh is playing if you traded Parsons/Jones for Chrissy I sTILL would not make Rox favorites over SA or MIA.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Yao couldn't stay healthy. The Rockets have a reasonable expectation for Howard and Harden to play together and build around those two for the next 5 years.

What reasonable expectations do the Lakers have? Bryant ever playing again? The lottery?

Thread
02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Yao couldn't stay healthy. The Rockets have a reasonable expectation for Howard and Harden to play together and build around those two for the next 5 years.

What reasonable expectations do the Lakers have? Bryant ever playing again? The lottery?

I find my solace in:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I find my solace in:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Bryant is more tosb than Duncan.

Killakobe81
02-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Always back to the Lakers ...
What do we have to do with the Rockets?
Let me make it simple ...Lakers aint winning a title for at least the next 3 seasons after this one ...

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Always back to the Lakers ...
What do we have to do with the Rockets?
Let me make it simple ...Lakers aint winning a title for at least the next 3 seasons after this one ...

Really? The 5 Lakers fans sharing the same brain in this thread escape you?

But you are right. Your team will be bad for the foreseeable future. Enjoy.

Thread
02-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Bryant is more tosb than Duncan.

No. C'mon, Lumpy, don't be actin' like a crazy Beaver, last June made you want to pick up the Cleaver when you couldn't Ward off the Heat, and had to cancel your trip to Wally World.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 05:17 PM
No. C'mon, Lumpy, don't be actin' like a crazy Beaver, last June made you want to pick up the Cleaver when you couldn't Ward off the Heat, and had to cancel your trip to Wally World.
Yet, Kirby dons the shitbag thanks to James...

Thread
02-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Yet, Kirby dons the shitbag thanks to James...

I've assigned your Duncan the shit bag. And he'll retain said shit bag until at least June of '15.

I invented the shit bag, CN. It's my shit bag. I'll designate it as I see fit. It's my province. Mine & mine alone.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 05:31 PM
I've assigned your Duncan the shit bag. And he'll retain said shit bag until at least June of '15.

I invented the shit bag, CN. It's my shit bag. I'll designate it as I see fit. It's my province. Mine & mine alone.
Kirby is donning it, James made sure of that... that's it and that's all....

irishock
02-28-2014, 05:34 PM

Must be painful for SF to lose both the 5-5 stick and the chance for Kobe to don the shit bag last June

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 05:44 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/NYR5/lakers-fans-before-5th-july-2013-stay-d12-we-love-you/image.png

Thats every fan base in the world, and tbh, there was hardly any animosity amongst Laker fans when D12 left. It couldnt have been any more anticlimatic

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Thats every fan base in the world, and tbh, there was hardly any animosity amongst Laker fans when D12 left. It couldnt have been any more anticlimatic

:lmao bullshit

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 06:14 PM

Sure but the way you are using it cheapens it. It has no substance when a guy that is too gimp to play and may never play again is not wearing the bag of shit.

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 06:21 PM
OP begging for attention after his attempt at trolling me failed

HemisfairArena
02-28-2014, 06:28 PM
When I saw the Detroit Pistons come out of the East and beat the Lakers in the Finals and then saw a Dallas team come out of a stacked West and beat Miami in the Finals....anything can happen and the Rockets have more talent than those two teams I mentioned. There is no way you can count them out.

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 06:30 PM
:lmao bullshit

I live in Los Angeles, aside from John Ireland and radio personalities having a field day with the story, the average Laker fan didnt give 2 shits. When Shaq left, this city erupted. I think there was more drama with Odom leaving.

Rogue
02-28-2014, 08:41 PM
but they have MVParsons and Rin now.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-28-2014, 09:33 PM

Haha... look man.. Dwight is a better defender than Yao no doubt.. but don't act like Yao was some scrub. Plus, you are forgetting that Ming completely shit on both of them.

Thread
02-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Must be painful for SF to lose both the 5-5 stick and the chance for Kobe to don the shit bag last June

& they was set. tee, hee. Had it all, right there...now Duncan has the shit bag until at least June of '15.

Saylarvee.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Haha... look man.. Dwight is a better defender than Yao no doubt.. but don't act like Yao was some scrub. Plus, you are forgetting that Ming completely shit on both of them.
Yao wasn't a scrub, but he should have been dominating niggas at 7'6.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Yao wasn't a scrub, but he should have been more than he was at 7'6.

It depends what you are talking about. Yao was a monster on offense.. and his range was pretty damn ridiculous for his size. His defense was above average IMO.. but then again I didn't watch him on the regular.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 09:51 PM
It depends what you are talking about. Yao was a monster on offense.. and his range was pretty damn ridiculous for his size. His defense was above average IMO.. but then again I didn't watch him on the regular.
He should have averaged 10+ rebounds every season being that size, alot of the time he didn't play aggressive enough. Instead of blocking shots, he'd take charges. He was better on offense but he was more finesse. He should have powered over niggas. He didn't develop that "Hey bitch, I'm 7'6 and you can't stop me" attitude until his last 2 years. So when people say they were the better combination, what did they accomplish and who was the leader? Just because they were better players doesn't mean they were the better combination. Results are what matters.

chief keef
03-03-2014, 02:21 AM
son what 7'6 niggas have ever dominated the boards? they dont have the lift, speed or second jump capability to get to all those boards. manute per 36 never averaged 10 boards. bradley in his career averaged 9.7 per 36.

whitemamba
03-03-2014, 12:17 PM
http://jvanderah.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/dunk-2.gif?w=627

Holy Shit :lmao :lmao :lmao