PDA

View Full Version : Take a bullet for the register for $7.25 an hour

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Was just watching the Channel 4 news and they had a story about a woman suspended from her McJob at Jack in the Crack because she gave a robber too much money instead of a fistful of ones per company policy. LOL for half a living wage she's supposed to die for the register? I can't imagine that robbery ends well if she hands the gunman $24 for his take. LOL she says she didn't have time to count the money for the robber with a gun pointed at her.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:34 PM
I'll bet the facts are different.

It is company policy at many of these paces not to have more than $20 in the till.

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
I'll bet the facts are different.

It is company policy at many of these paces not to have more than $20 in the till.

She got suspended for handing him twenties instead of ones. LOL no one's going to believe fast food restaurants don't have any money in the registers.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/restaurant-employee-claims-she-suspended-handing-robbery-suspect-too-much-cash-9021.shtml

Woman:

"I just grabbed the twenties and threw them in a bag,” she said. “I threw them at the robber.”

Company:

"We have procedures in place at our restaurants to not only minimize loss in the event of a robbery but also to protect our employees and guests. We recently reinforced those procedures with our restaurant teams. I can't share what our security procedures are - for obvious reasons we don't want those procedures broadcast or shared with those who might try to circumvent them. But the procedures are well known to our employees, and it's important that they're followed for a number of reasons - again, primarily to protect our employees and guests.

See, the thing is, most these places have a maximum amount they allow in a till. Once a robber gets away with a large chunk of change because an employee violated procedure, other employees now are at risk at the same or different location. If the policy was $20 max, and that's all the burger got away with, what are the chances of him repeating such a robbery?

Why do people just post stories without verifying the facts?

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
See, the thing is, most these places have a maximum amount they allow in a till. Once a robber gets away with a large chunk of change because an employee violated procedure, other employees now are at risk at the same or different location. If the policy was $20 max, and that's all the burger got away with, what are the chances of him repeating such a robbery?

Probably zero since he goes to prison after murdering the employee for his lousy $16 take.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:41 PM
She got suspended for handing him twenties instead of ones. LOL no one's going to believe fast food restaurants don't have any money in the registers.
Exactly.

She just put other people at risk. To my knowledge, all these paces have a minimum policy that all 20's are put in the drop box.

clambake
02-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Exactly.

She just put other people at risk. To my knowledge, all these paces have a minimum policy that all 20's are put in the drop box.

apparently not.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:44 PM
The smarter among thieves will notice things like this, and rob the places that do not "drop" their 20's.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:44 PM
apparently not.

She was fired for not following policy...

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:45 PM
She was fired for not following policy...

She wasn't fired you ignorant fuck. LOL your reading comprehension is shit.

clambake
02-28-2014, 07:45 PM
she was suspended. short attention span.

clambake
02-28-2014, 07:46 PM
fuck you bum, you beat me to it.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
she was suspended. short attention span.

Whoop-t-do...

I just made you day!

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
WC doesn't even read the links he posts. :lol

clambake
02-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Whoop-t-do...

I just made you day!

wrong again. you made my day in the ceo thread.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:51 PM
She wasn't fired you ignorant fuck. LOL your reading comprehension is shit.

That's right. Attack me instead of the validity of what I say.

You guys are right. She quit after being suspended. Then she made media thing out of it. Wow... she really has her shit together, crying about what was her fault to begin with.

I seriously doubt that their policy allowed her to keep 20's in the till. They are suppose to be put in a drop box at the earliest opportunity. Just ask any of your buddies that work fast food.

Clamboy... That's your field, isn't it?

What say you?

CosmicCowboy
02-28-2014, 07:51 PM
The smarter among thieves will notice things like this, and rob the places that do not "drop" their 20's.

:lmao

if they are knocking over fast food restaurants for a few twenties "smart" is not a description I would use.

Jack sucks. I hope she sues their ass and wins.

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:52 PM
That's right. Attack me instead of the validity of what I say.

You guys are right. She quit after being suspended. Then she made media thing out of it. Wow... she really has her shit together, crying about what was her fault to begin with.

I seriously doubt that their policy allowed her to keep 20's in the till. They are suppose to be put in a drop box at the earliest opportunity. Just ask any of your buddies that work fast food.

Clamboy... That's your field, isn't it?

What say you?

I say she dies if she hands the robber $16.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:55 PM

if they are knocking over fast food restaurants for a few twenties "smart" is not a description I would use.

What if it was a handful?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
I say she dies if she hands the robber $16.

Not if the register is bare when they look.

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Not if the register is bare when they look.

Because gun-toting robbers are logical?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Because gun-toting robbers are logical?

Then they probably would have killer her regardless.

I have worked fast food. My daughters have worked fast food, and others I know. The policy always was, in all these places I have ever known of, was to keep the till under a certain amount, and drop all 20's. The purpose was clearly spelled out that this was not only to reduce loss, but to prevent a future robbery since the take would be low. Dominoes was my latest when I delivered for them between jobs. they would actually fire a driver if he didn't drop his money in the drop box before leaving the store on a delivery.

How many Dominoes drivers you ever hear of being robbed?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2014, 08:15 PM
WC has to be a peach at the water cooler. Most people there complain about their job or the like but I bet WC defends the company line no matter what.

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Would you teach your daughters to take a bullet for the register, WC?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Would you teach your daughters to take a bullet for the register, WC?
Are you really that dumb?

As far as I know, they follow policy. Actually, only my younger on is working in the restaurant industry now, while in college. They other has a good job with her degree.

How hard is it to drop twenties in the safe slot below the register?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Since she quit rather than being fired... What is it? 8 weeks to wait for unemployment insurance to kick in?

Real smart move...

clambake
02-28-2014, 08:42 PM

this.

good god, wc always delivers.

Blake
02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
:lol WC has hit a new low.

She should sue. And she should win.

Blake
02-28-2014, 09:07 PM
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/employee-robbed-at-gunpoint-suspended-2112.shtml#.UxFAUKNMGTk

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 09:27 PM
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/employee-robbed-at-gunpoint-suspended-2112.shtml#.UxFAUKNMGTk

Great job Blake. That's the same story I linked in post #4...

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 10:06 PM

How do you know son? You didn't read it.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 10:10 PM
How do you know son? You didn't read it.
Did you really just type that?

Wow...

It's obvious you didn't read the link in post #4 from 2 hours ago... Or the story you just linked.

Just because it;'s a different site... Channel 4 vs. Fox news, doesn't mean the story is different.

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Did you really just type that?

Wow...

Just wondering since you didn't read the story you linked to, son.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Just wondering since you didn't read the story you linked to, son.

Liar.

Are you even smart enough to know you are lying?

Again. You obviously didn't read one of the two stories. I would guess both!

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Liar.

Are you even smart enough to know you are lying?

Again. You obviously didn't read one of the two stories. I would guess both!

You didn't read the story since you thought she was fired son.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 10:37 PM
You didn't read the story since you thought she was fired son.
That was a misstatement.

Wow..

You are even dumber than I thought.

Will you at least admit it is the same story?

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 10:56 PM

I didn't ask earlier, but I can't help but think you have been drinking too much. I agree, they aren't smart. Still, in relative terms, you so seldom see these places get robbed because they never have much cash available to rob. For her to have a wad of twenties available... I would be extremely surprised if this wasn't against the store policy. There suspension would be for not following store policy. There is even a remote chance that she purposely didn't drop the money and the robber was a friend.

The reason these places are so seldom robbed is because of money drop policies.

Blake
02-28-2014, 10:59 PM
That was a misstatement.

Wow..

You are even dumber than I thought.

Will you at least admit it is the same story?

I didn't see your link, but keep making a big deal about it.

WC would have no problem if Jack n the Box fired her at her funeral.

After all, she did give a thief twenties instead of ones.

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:04 PM
There is even a remote chance that she purposely didn't drop the money and the robber was a friend.

Yes, she could have told a friend to point a gun in her face. Good thinking. :tu

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:05 PM
I didn't see your link, but keep making a big deal about it.

WC would have no problem if Jack n the Box fired her at her funeral.

After all, she did give a thief twenties instead of ones.

Believe as you wish.

Have you worked fast food, or know anyone who has or does? Ask them about their money drop policy. They purposely keep the available money low as to not attract repeat thefts in their chains. Her actions of being caught by a thief with a lot of money may have given the thief cause to rob another Jack in the Box, possibly killing the next person. These store policies are in place for a reason.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Yes, she could have told a friend to point a gun in her face. Good thinking. :tu
It wouldn't be a first.

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Reward-offered-in-Fresno-Jack-in-the-Box-robbery--246209121.html

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:07 PM
It wouldn't be a first.

Link to a previous time

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:09 PM
http://www.kens5.com/news/SAPD--Robbers-grab-cash-through-SA-Jack-in-the-Box-drive-thru-216905981.html

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:11 PM
http://www.theleadernews.com/?p=14873

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
http://m.kdhnews.com/news/crime/no-arrests-in-killeen-s-jack-in-the-box-robbery/article_10cd61c2-9efc-11e3-a76a-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Link to a previous time

I'm not going to look for such things. I know it has happened in the past. I know it has happened locally where I live. It may or may not be on the internet.

I hope you don't believe something isn't true if you can't find it in cyberspace... but then, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not saying that it was a conspiracy between friends. I'm only saying it is a possibility. Are you going to say it is impossible? This is one reason why these places have such money drop policies in place. To reduce such inside thefts that cannot be prosecuted.

Now I will go out on a limb and say her suspension was temporary until they reviewed that Saturday's tape, and previous tapes, to see what patterns they could find, if any. They may have fired her, they may have put her back to work. Her choice to quit.

ElNono
02-28-2014, 11:15 PM
:rollin

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:17 PM

Wow, these places are actually robbed a lot. You're really really wrong.

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm not going to look for such things.

I would have been shocked if you did.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:20 PM
http://www.kens5.com/news/SAPD--Robbers-grab-cash-through-SA-Jack-in-the-Box-drive-thru-216905981.html

http://www.theleadernews.com/?p=14873

http://m.kdhnews.com/news/crime/no-arrests-in-killeen-s-jack-in-the-box-robbery/article_10cd61c2-9efc-11e3-a76a-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

You are giving me good ammunition.

After these events, I'll bet Jack-n-Box cracked down on their policies. Gave their employees refresher training.

Note...

They give no indication of how much money was taken.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Wow, it actually happens a lot. You're really really wrong about that.

Must really suck to live in the San Antonia area...

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:22 PM
You are giving me good ammunition.

After these events, I'll bet Jack-n-Box cracked down on their policies. Gave their employees refresher training.

Note...

They give no indication of how much money was taken.

Or the cheap fuckers could hire security.

Blake
02-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Must really suck to live in the San Antonia area...

Must suck worse to be stupid

Wild Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Must suck worse to be stupid
You would know...

baseline bum
02-28-2014, 11:48 PM
LOL Welfare Cobra has a missing chromosome or something. Fast food joints get hit all the time thanks to the fucked up hours they keep.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 12:05 AM
LOL Welfare Cobra has a missing chromosome or something. Fast food joints get hit all the time thanks to the fucked up hours they keep.
Not where I live.

Like I said. Must suck to live in San Antonio, where the burglary rate is more than 1.5 times the national average.

Jacob1983
03-01-2014, 12:06 AM
I hope the robber gets skull fucked.

leemajors
03-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Classic thread tbh

DeadlyDynasty
03-01-2014, 06:16 AM
This doesn't quite beat flaglot, black surgeons, eugenics, or border patrol executions, but it belongs in his greatest hits nonetheless.

Bill_Brasky
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM

Obviously it needed to be posted again because you didn't read it.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Obviously it needed to be posted again because you didn't read it.
My god.

What are you guys?

85 IQ lowlife bullies?

baseline bum
03-01-2014, 12:19 PM
My god.

What are you guys?

85 IQ lowlife bullies?

You're the motherfucker that can't process an article written at about a 4th grade level son.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 12:21 PM
You're the motherfucker that can't process an article written at about a 4th grade level son.
I understand the article. Are you ignoring the fact that the policies that are there to reduce such burglaries were violated?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
I understand the article. Are you ignoring the fact that the policies that are there to reduce such burglaries were violated?

smh. The pigheaded buffoon has his blinders on again. You are an amazing casestudy in willful stupidity, chachi.

Blake
03-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Not where I live.

Like I said. Must suck to live in San Antonio, where the burglary rate is more than 1.5 times the national average.

Where do you live again? Was it Portland?

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Where do you live again? Was it Portland?
Yes.

You will find some fast food robberies if you look, but not many. Even in the SA area, those three are not that many compared to the population, and how many fast food places there are.

Blake
03-01-2014, 04:44 PM
http://best-cities.findthebest.com/compare/1033-1187/Portland-vs-San-Antonio

Can someone smart with numbers and graphs explain these numbers?

Thanks

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Great.

A link that doesn't distinguish the type of violent crime.

What a fucking idiot you are.

Blake
03-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Great.

A link that doesn't distinguish the type of violent crime.

What a fucking idiot you are.

Oh, so some violent crimes happening around you don't bother you as much as others.

Yeah, I guess I'd prefer to be next door to a manslaughter vs a murder too.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Oh, so some violent crimes happening around you don't bother you as much as others.

Yeah, I guess I'd prefer to be next door to a manslaughter vs a murder too.
That's right.

Can't win this argument, so you go off on a tangent.

We were talking about robberies. Not all violent crimes.

Blake
03-01-2014, 06:58 PM
That's right.

Can't win this argument, so you go off on a tangent.

We were talking about robberies. Not all violent crimes.

you're talking about living in San Antonio vs Portland.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 07:10 PM
But the discussion is about burglary and practices to reduce them in businesses, and why someone is suspended for not following established practices. The type of violent crime matters. Some are more random than others for innocent bystanders.

San Antonia has a little over double the population of Portland. 2010 census had San Antonia at 1,327,407, Portland at 583,776. However, San Antonio with over 6 times the robberies for a shorter time frame than Portland. The statistics for SA were collected from 3/10 to 3/31 2013. For Portland from 2/7 to 3/31 2013. I get 9 Robberies for Portland if I expand the map to the metropolitan area, and 52 for San Antonio.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/trulasanantoniorobberiesedit_zpscc1a7459.png (http://www.trulia.com/crime/#!bexar-tx/13/29.42453,-98.49792/San_Antonio,TX/)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/trulaportlandrobberiesedit_zps444fc964.png (http://www.trulia.com/crime/#!multnomah-or/12/45.49061,-122.66669/Portland,OR/)

Blake
03-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Why is the suicide rate so high in Portland?

Wild Cobra
03-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Why is the suicide rate so high in Portland?
I don't know. I haven't checked if that's accurate, but I will assume you have. I could only make some guesses.

If you look at the violent crimes, where Portland has more than San Antonio are the ones like shootings, assaults, arson, etc. Crimes that are generally directed at specific individuals.

scott
03-02-2014, 12:01 AM
The crime rate is lower in Portland, explaining why WC is stupid

Wild Cobra
03-02-2014, 12:04 AM
The crime rate is lower in Portland, explaining why WC is stupid
Actually, the overall Portland crime rate is higher than San Antonio.

I think you must class and [as] one of the stupid ones.

Blake
03-02-2014, 12:45 AM
I don't know. I haven't checked if that's accurate, but I will assume you have. I could only make some guesses.

Portland is a depressing place to live would be my guess, but i haven't triangulated the cause of suicides just yet

Wild Cobra
03-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Portland is a depressing place to live would be my guess, but i haven't triangulated the cause of suicides just yet
Or, it might be because it is the capital of the North-Left coast.

Blake
03-02-2014, 12:53 AM
:lol America's Unhappiest City

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0226_miserable_cities/2.htm

Bill_Brasky
03-02-2014, 08:23 AM
My god.

What are you guys?

85 IQ lowlife bullies?

Lol quit crying about getting bullied you liberal little Portland faggot

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-02-2014, 08:37 AM
I think you must class and one of the stupid ones.

What the fuck does this mean?

Lol quit crying about getting bullied you liberal little Portland faggot

Wild Cobra
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
What the fuck does this mean?

I corrected it.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I think it has good with all the liberal feel good promises that never come to reality.

Blake
03-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I think it has good with all the liberal feel good promises that never come to reality.

Must completely and utterly suck to reside in the Portland area.

I've also heard there are creepers there that prey upon women using google earth

DMX7
03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Exactly.

She put other people at risk for not taking a bullet for the register?

Wild Cobra
03-03-2014, 01:31 PM
She put other people at risk for not taking a bullet for the register?

I don't understand why you guys keep going to this false assertion. If most or all the $20's were dropped in the safe slot under the register, they would not have been available to steel.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
WC could manage a fast food place. No question!

Blake
03-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Of these three Portland fast food robbery incidents, which minimum wage employee did the right thing?:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/3_robberies_of_fast-food_outle.html

DMX7
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Of these three Portland fast food robbery incidents, which minimum wage employee did the right thing?:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/3_robberies_of_fast-food_outle.html

Wild Cobra?

Wild Cobra
03-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Wild Cobra?
Serious?

Not enough information.

Blake
03-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Serious?

Not enough information.

he's not asking for your opinion, Hawking. He's calling you a minimum wage employee.

Lol