PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: All is right in Lakerland.

HemisfairArena
02-28-2014, 09:17 PM
....no reason to be sad. Lets count the positives...you have:

1. A broken has-been Super Star on the books for another 48 mil and 2 years.
2. The worse season in franchise history in 40+ years.
3. A Prime free agent saying Minnesota is a better place to be.
4. All your tanking efforts in a draft that an icon like Jerry West says is weak.
5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
7. A G.M. that sucks at drafting(Mitch Kupchak)
8. The next supposed Laker franchise player left laughing at what now is the Los Angeles Lakers and is in Houston.
9. Clipper fans are giving their brown paper bags from the past to Laker fans with the eye holes already cut out.
10. Steve Nash
11. No big free agent has signed with the Lakers since Shaq.
12. Laker fans think a playboy centerfold with the I.Q. of a grapefruit should run things over her brother.

.....might be waiting a while until the Lakers return to respectability.

Thread
02-28-2014, 09:23 PM

4. All your tanking efforts in a draft that an icon like Jerry West says is weak.
5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
8. The next supposed Laker franchise player left laughing at what now is the Los Angeles Lakers and is in Houston.
9. Clipper fans are giving their brown paper bags from the past to Laker fans with the eye holes already cut out.
10. Steve Nash
12. Laker fans think a playboy centerfold with the I.Q. of a grapefruit should run things over her brother.

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 09:23 PM

5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
10. Steve Nash

http://blog.mlive.com/michigan_appetite/2007/11/large_faygo_at100.jpg

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Besteva bringing back the lame comebacks.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2014, 09:25 PM
The lame comebacks never went away in the first place :lol

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 09:28 PM

:lol The whole point of the joke was it was non sense and you guys were genuinly irritated by it. Those days are done, we're one big happy family now.

Michael Jordan.
02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
:lol

GenuineLakerfan
02-28-2014, 09:30 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/michigan_appetite/2007/11/large_faygo_at100.jpg

What's that supposed to mean anyway? For God's sakes man get it together

Thebesteva
02-28-2014, 09:35 PM
http://p.twimg.com/A1hgDyGCQAAdt4J.jpg:large

Kool Bob Love
02-28-2014, 10:11 PM
:lmao

kobe4life
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
With God on our side we will always be contenders so all is right with the Lakers.

Kool Bob Love
03-01-2014, 12:40 AM
With God on our side we will always be contenders so all is right with the Lakers.

Whats a god to a nonbeliever?

Thread
03-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Whats a god to a nonbeliever?

A lifeline...so when (it's time) they can do the bell & steeple shuffle.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 12:45 AM

This is one of the worst trolls i've seen

Thread
03-01-2014, 12:48 AM

Elm

irishock
03-01-2014, 01:03 AM

Apparently it's Rogue's? Guy should just go ahead and retire if it's his.

Thread
03-01-2014, 01:06 AM

By God it better not be Roguey. I thought better of him than this shit.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 01:27 AM
By God it better not be Roguey. I thought better of him than this shit.

thought or taught?

Thread
03-01-2014, 01:27 AM
thought or taught?

Thought. I don't do troll accounts, Elm.

It's my religion.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Culburn365, then Giuseppe, then thread

Thread
03-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Culburn365, then Giuseppe, then thread

Not a troll account in the bunch. I don't do troll accounts.

It's my religion.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Not a troll account in the bunch. I don't do troll accounts.

It's my religion.

....but you are a troll yourself

Thread
03-01-2014, 02:20 AM
....but you are a troll yourself

True. But, there is a difference twixt trolling and possessing a troll account(s). And you know it, Elm.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 02:27 AM
True. But, there is a difference twixt trolling and possessing a troll account(s). And you know it, Elm.

Don't play this little game thread. You are troll. You have an account here on st to troll. Thread is a troll account. And that's just the way it's gonna be

Thread
03-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Don't play this little game thread. You are troll. You have an account here on st to troll. Thread is a troll account. And that's just the way it's gonna be

No. You're wrong, Elm. You access a troll account to execute your nefarious acts that you haven't the gumption to execute in your master account.

I execute everything thru "Thread."

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 02:31 AM
No. You're wrong, Elm. You access a troll account to execute your nefarious acts that you haven't the gumption to execute in your master account.

I execute everything thru "Thread."

Thread I respect you. But you are one stubborn fuck.

Thread
03-01-2014, 02:36 AM
Thread I respect you. But you are one stubborn fuck.

I'm right on this point. I would never in million years put on a cloak and pretend to be someone else. No way. Do I condemn others for doing it? No. I don't understand it, or, the effort that is involved, that's for sure.

irishock
03-01-2014, 02:43 AM
:lmao Cubby reminds me of a non-psychopathic John Kramer..

kobe4life
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM

Rogue is a bitch that keeps on stalking me in all my posts.

Killakobe81
03-01-2014, 01:50 PM
OP is the middle of a Sam and COLLINS sandwich tbh

djohn2oo8
03-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Yall niggas getting trolled by a gnsf, smh.

Baseline
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM

5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
10. Steve Nash

13. David Stern (the real Laker GM) has now retired.

Thread
03-01-2014, 05:25 PM
13. David Stern (the real Laker GM) has now retired.

He did you right as well, Base. Tossing Amare and letting Duncan stay kept the Suns NBA Old Maid and provided you with the 4th.

Baseline
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM
He did you right as well, Base. Tossing Amare and letting Duncan stay kept the Suns NBA Old Maid and provided you with the 4th.

The real Laker GM, David Stern, brought in Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Let's not forget...that Laker team had zero trade assets other than Bynum, yet Stern was able to gift them Pau Gasol, who was the 2nd best power forward in the league behind Tim Duncan. And that time, Chicago was talking about a massive package for Gasol which included Luol Deng. The Pau Gasol trade remains the most dirty Stern-tainted trade of all-time.

But Stern likes to out-do himself. So he nixed the Chris Paul trade and brought Dwight Howard to the Lakers instead. Stern's comment at the time was that it was better for New Orleans. Please. The only thing that mattered was making the Lakers as formidable as possible. And Howard was a way better fit than Chris Paul. After all, Paul has the ball in his hands 90% of the time - so he wouldn't mix with Bryant. Howard has the ball in his hands 5% of the time, so he's a perfect fit for the ball-dominating Bryant. So Stern brought the most dominant rim protector and rebounder in the league to a Laker team which desperately needed both. This was excellent GMing, to be sure. Why Stern didn't give himself the Executive of the Year Award is beyond me.

So Stern saw to it that the Lakers had Bryant, Howard, Gasol, and Nash - four all-stars - in his last year as Commish, and obviously a Laker title would allow him to go out on his terms. I'm sure he would have given himself a bonus, as dictators tend to do. Let's not forget that the Lakers obtained Howard by trading Andrew Bynum, who did not play a single minute in 2012-13. Again, this is just stellar GMing.

Yet after this silver spoon set-up, Bryant screws the pooch and can't make it work with Howard. Then, he proceeds to run Howard out of town. Really? Stern set up this fool K. Bryant to win two or three more rings with Howard on top of the two rings he delivered to Bryant in the dirty Gasol trade. Yet Bryant screws it up. The unthinkable happened...a media hound like Howard actually chose to leave LA, a city he loves, to go to Texas. Texas, people. And he did all this because he hated playing with K. Bryant that much. $30 million worth, to be exact. Howard effectually said, "I'll hand over $30 million just so I don't have to play with K. Bryant. Any more questions?"

Meanwhile in his plush New York office, David Stern was so incensed that he ripped off his Laker undershirt and threw it from his 36th story window. Then he killed himself.

Then, because he's the all-powerful David Stern, he brought himself back to life so we could see his face for two straight months before he retired - during the season - so as to create as much pomp and ballyhoo as he could possibly create.

MeloHype
03-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Whats a god to a nonbeliever?http://66.147.244.109/~rabblevi/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Major_Lazer_daggering.gif

Arcadian
03-01-2014, 06:22 PM
:lol This isn't even a troll topic because it's all 100% true.

:lol lakers

Thread
03-01-2014, 06:29 PM
The real Laker GM, David Stern, brought in Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Let's not forget...that Laker team had zero trade assets other than Bynum, yet Stern was able to gift them Pau Gasol, who was the 2nd best power forward in the league behind Tim Duncan. And that time, Chicago was talking about a massive package for Gasol which included Luol Deng. The Pau Gasol trade remains the most dirty Stern-tainted trade of all-time.

But Stern likes to out-do himself. So he nixed the Chris Paul trade and brought Dwight Howard to the Lakers instead. Stern's comment at the time was that it was better for New Orleans. Please. The only thing that mattered was making the Lakers as formidable as possible. And Howard was a way better fit than Chris Paul. After all, Paul has the ball in his hands 90% of the time - so he wouldn't mix with Bryant. Howard has the ball in his hands 5% of the time, so he's a perfect fit for the ball-dominating Bryant. So Stern brought the most dominant rim protector and rebounder in the league to a Laker team which desperately needed both. This was excellent GMing, to be sure. Why Stern didn't give himself the Executive of the Year Award is beyond me.

So Stern saw to it that the Lakers had Bryant, Howard, Gasol, and Nash - four all-stars - in his last year as Commish, and obviously a Laker title would allow him to go out on his terms. I'm sure he would have given himself a bonus, as dictators tend to do. Let's not forget that the Lakers obtained Howard by trading Andrew Bynum, who did not play a single minute in 2012-13. Again, this is just stellar GMing.

Yet after this silver spoon set-up, Bryant screws the pooch and can't make it work with Howard. Then, he proceeds to run Howard out of town. Really? Stern set up this fool K. Bryant to win two or three more rings with Howard on top of the two rings he delivered to Bryant in the dirty Gasol trade. Yet Bryant screws it up. The unthinkable happened...a media hound like Howard actually chose to leave LA, a city he loves, to go to Texas. Texas, people. And he did all this because he hated playing with K. Bryant that much. $30 million worth, to be exact. Howard effectually said, "I'll hand over $30 million just so I don't have to play with K. Bryant. Any more questions?"

Meanwhile in his plush New York office, David Stern was so incensed that he ripped off his Laker undershirt and threw it from his 36th story window. Then he killed himself.

Then, because he's the all-powerful David Stern, he brought himself back to life so we could see his face for two straight months before he retired - during the season - so as to create as much pomp and ballyhoo as he could possibly create.

Fine, but, without David Stern you're light an NBA World Title & I ain't got O & 45. We're both beholden, daddy.

poeticism707
03-04-2014, 10:19 PM

5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
10. Steve Nash

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

10/10 Thread.

Poster of the Month

Where do you crazy kids come up with this stuff...

Funniest Thread in Ages

ezau
03-04-2014, 10:21 PM

5. Mike D'Antoni
6. Buss Jr.
10. Steve Nash

13. A dead owner

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
:lmao

Sybok
03-05-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm right on this point. I would never in million years put on a cloak and pretend to be someone else. No way. Do I condemn others for doing it? No. I don't understand it, or, the effort that is involved, that's for sure.
You're not right. You're on your third user name on this forum and you're an admitted troll. You don't do basketball talk lest you reminisce about the old days and copy Mark Twain's writing style as if you're some forum laureate when in reality you're just regurgitating the same old schtick you've used for a decade or more. If you claim your other accounts were banned, then you got them banned by being an incessant parroting troll, and creating a new one is no different than anyone else creating one. It doesn't matter who everyone thinks you are IRL, all that matters is your intent when you post and yours is just to troll.

Stop trying to pretend your a more equal pig.

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:18 AM
You're not right. You're on your third user name on this forum and you're an admitted troll. You don't do basketball talk lest you reminisce about the old days and copy Mark Twain's writing style as if you're some forum laureate when in reality you're just regurgitating the same old schtick you've used for a decade or more. If you claim your other accounts were banned, then you got them banned by being an incessant parroting troll, and creating a new one is no different than anyone else creating one. It doesn't matter who everyone thinks you are IRL, all that matters is your intent when you post and yours is just to troll.

Yeah, I remember you. #15.

Danka.

ElNono
03-05-2014, 12:19 AM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237977573_dunk.gif