PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans, Whats next?

spursfan1000
03-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Me personally I think last year was our last shot at a ring, but i still have hope for this year. Just thinking about the tape being down in game 6 on the floor, one more rebound or free throw away from Duncan holding that trophy once again! Waking up the next morning and seeing the spurs all over ESPN. But here we are 2 games out of first place in the West, Do we have a legitimate shot or are we doomed? I honestly think were one backup big from being back where we were last year, I dont see Jeff Ayres being good enough. Duncan played spectacular last year , I honestly dont think he can do it again, but thats what we will need, a lot of us hoped Leonard would take a bigger offensive role this year but it hasnt happened. Im in no way jumping off ship in any shape or form i think theres a chance we will win it all, what im trying to ask what happens if we win the championship? Does duncan retire alone with POP and Manu or do they all stay and try for a repeat? If your going to bash me go ahead you will be ignored!:flag::flag::flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: :lobt2:

AFBlue
03-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Ayres isn't making or breaking the championship for the Spurs. It begins and ends with Tony Parker. Everyone knows it, including Pop, which is why he's resting now. If he's 100% come playoff time, they have a legit shot.

Win or lose, I can't see Duncan or Pop calling it quits after the season. And unless Manu gets seriously injured, ditto for him.

Here's the thing though...you should honestly be focusing on the "what's now" instead of "what's next", because it's bound to be better.

:lobt:

Budkin
03-01-2014, 02:33 PM
As long as Ayres doesn't play a minute in a meaningful game we have a chance.

Spur|n|Austin
03-01-2014, 04:29 PM
As long as Ayres doesn't play a minute in a meaningful game we have a chance.