PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: MJ's Shoes Sold $2.25 Billion Last Year and He Only Got Paid $90 Million

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Nikey be robbing nikkas :lol...earning 2.25 billion last year alone they should at a minimum be paying him 10% vs roughly the 4%. 225-250 million is my thought given all that he generates for them. Let's take the low end of that number and say 225 mill over the past 10 years and MJ has lost out on ~ 2.2 billion during that time and even more if you take the high end at 10%. If you want to be fair and split his earnings with Nike @ 60 / 40 or 70 / 30 then at the 70/30 split which is Kool being generous dude has lost out on well over 7 billion dollars over the last 10 yrs alone...these are just rough numbers in my head but you get then gist of where I'm coming from...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michael-jordan-made-90-million-120000093.html

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Personally I'm disgusted when I see all my brothers and sisters standing in long lines to buy his shoes...and then robbing each other over it..I see little babies in baby cribs with Jordan's on and I'm like WTF..I guess it's some sort of status symbol when you're poor. Personally I've only bought MJ's once in my life the black and white Patent Leathers and never again...I wore Addidas, FILA, BK's, and LA Gear...now I'm a Kobe man...fuck those MJ's

RsxPiimp
03-01-2014, 08:40 AM
I've owned several AJ's but then it started becoming stupid with people killing it each other for it, smh. I haven't bought Jordans since 98, which was the 14's IIRC. Shame on Jordan for letting his people pay tons for reissues with quality obviously worst than the OG's but theta's capitalism for you.

scanry
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
The Jordans which I bought were piss poor quality. The adidas, Converse Wades and And1s in comparison were of much better quality.

Thread
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Then the IRS took their rightful portion BEFORE forwarding what was left.

lefty
03-01-2014, 09:57 AM
TBH Nike created MJ's legendary image

Brazil
03-01-2014, 10:16 AM
TBH MJ created nike image

Fify

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2014, 01:02 PM
nike and jordan are seperate lines man

dont know if he gets full revenue from his own jordan line or just a %

if hsi pissed, the amount of money his made already, could just buy nike shares and become a owner

irishock
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
lol shoes

Katherine Robinson
03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
That's 25%, Capri.

- Correction

significantly less than that, albeit a fairly large portion when considering revenue vs profit

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
That's 25%, Capri.

- Correction

significantly less than that, albeit a fairly large portion when considering revenue vs profit

:lol what's 25%?

Katherine Robinson
03-01-2014, 02:33 PM
:lol what's 25%?

My connectivity Saturday morning.

lefty
03-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Fify
no

They, along with the media, created the Jordan myth, the Air image, if it wasn't for Nike and softer rule changes in 1991 we wouldnt be talking of MJ as the GOAT.

MJ was overmarketed by Stern, Nike and the media

Just watch game 5 of the 1993 ECF Finals or the 55 pts game vs Phoenix, you couldnt breathe on Mike

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 03:26 PM
no

They, along with the media, created the Jordan myth, the Air image, if it wasn't for Nike and softer rule changes in 1991 we wouldnt be talking of MJ as the GOAT.

MJ was overmarketed by Stern, Nike and the media

Just watch game 5 of the 1993 Finals or the 55 pts game vs Phoenix, you couldnt breathe on Mike

thanks for trying to make the case for Kobe :hat

lefty
03-01-2014, 03:34 PM
^
Not really, MJ still shits on Kirby

03-01-2014, 03:36 PM
:lol can't believe how dumb some people are but I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it's a lakerfan.

Revenue and sales do not equal profit. Jordan received $90 million in PROFIT. Nike made $2.25 billion in REVENUE. No one except Nike executives know what the Jordan's line operating margin is. However, we know Nike's overall operating margin is 13.72% because it's a publicly traded company. $2.25 billion x .1373 = $305,270,000. Of that $300 million, Jordan received $90 million, which is roughly 30% of the profits.

:lol @ Jordan was robbed of billions :cry
:lol @ Nike can conjure shoes and workers out of thin air without paying any money
:lol @ Nike is taking advantage of Jordan :cry

TheRealCB
03-01-2014, 03:50 PM
:lol can't believe how dumb some people are but I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it's a lakerfan.

Revenue and sales do not equal profit. Jordan received $90 million in PROFIT. Nike made $2.25 billion in REVENUE. No one except Nike executives know what the Jordan's line operating margin is. However, we know Nike's overall operating margin is 13.72% because it's a publicly traded company. $2.25 billion x .1373 = $305,270,000. Of that $300 million, Jordan received $90 million, which is roughly 30% of the profits.

:lol @ Nike can conjure shoes and workers out of thin air without paying any money
:lol @ Nike is taking advantage of Jordan :cry

:wow that's pretty impressive tbh..

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=024;7164372]:lol can't believe how dumb some people are but I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it's a lakerfan.

:lol @ Nike is taking advantage of Jordan

LOL @ the operating margin arguement. It's is a complete facade when everyone knows they pay 1cent per sneaker in sweat factories only to turnaround and sell them for 1000 + % of the cost. When it comes to MJ shoes he's not getting no where close to 30%...dude is being robbed blind.

Brazil
03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=024;7164372]:lol can't believe how dumb some people are but I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it's a lakerfan.

:lol @ Nike is taking advantage of Jordan

LOL @ the operating margin arguement. It's is a complete facade when everyone knows they pay 1cent per sneaker in sweat factories only to turnaround and sell them for 1000 + % of the cost. When it comes to MJ shoes he's not getting no where close to 30%...dude is being robbed blind.

You are a stupid mofo

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM
So Jordan got paid $9,000,000 to do absolutely nothing other than let Nike use his name.

Pretty good deal imo.

I'd say the sweatshop workers who get paid 50 cents an hour to make Nike shoes are the ones getting shafted.

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=Koolaid_Man;7164419]

You are a stupid mofo

You know Brazil i got to thinking....and its like Pee-Wee Herman said: "I know you are but what am I." :lol

Juggity
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM

Do you seriously not know the difference between revenue and profit? Holy shit. I knew you were a knuckle-dragger, but this is some next level shit.

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
So Jordan got paid $9,000,000 to do absolutely nothing other than let Nike use his name.

Pretty good deal imo.

I'd say the sweatshop workers who get paid 50 cents an hour to make Nike shoes are the ones getting shafted.

So he gets a good deal for letting them use his name and they get a mega deal...my original point stands..he's getting fucked. Lol

MeloHype
03-01-2014, 05:36 PM
So?

Brazil
03-01-2014, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Brazil;7164431]

You know Brazil i got to thinking....and its like Pee-Wee Herman said: "I know you are but what am I." :lol

And you are stupid 1 cent sneaker :lol

i guess designers, marketing, sg&a, transport... are not costs

stupid fuck

if you want to troll work a bit bitch

Brazil
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM
So he gets a good deal for letting them use his name and they get a mega deal...my original point stands..he's getting fucked. Lol

Gettin fucked :lol show me a fee contract taking 30% of net profit without doing nothing

idiot

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM

It's so priceless when you own yourself.

Brazil
03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
You became small fry Capri... It's how pathetic u are

27k posts :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Do you seriously not know the difference between revenue and profit? Holy shit. I knew you were a knuckle-dragger, but this is some next level shit.

lol so what does rev and profit have to do with inflated or even flat out false earnings statements based on sweat shop MO's .

Mine is a legit question. Yours is an attempt to obfuscate :p: whatever that means.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 05:50 PM
lol so what does rev and profit have to do with inflated or even flat out false earnings statements based on sweat shop MO's .

Mine is a legit question. Yours is an attempt to obfuscate :p: whatever that means.
What's your point? kobe's shoes are made by sweatshop workers too. Hell, what apparel isn't made nowadays.

it's funny how kobe's shoes are barely outselling rose's shoes and yet you have yet to adress this issue. jordan's shoes are the best selling shoes of any athlete and you shine the light on him? If jordan is getting "screwed" then at least he's making waaaaaaaaaaay more than kirby.

And jordan is retired.

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2014, 06:23 PM
What's your point? kobe's shoes are made by sweatshop workers too. Hell, what apparel isn't made nowadays.

it's funny how kobe's shoes are barely outselling rose's shoes and yet you have yet to adress this issue. jordan's shoes are the best selling shoes of any athlete and you shine the light on him? If jordan is getting "screwed" then at least he's making waaaaaaaaaaay more than kirby.

And jordan is retired.

Fascinated much? Why bring Kobe into this? I could buy and sell you, your mama, and your dad 10 times over but I didn't bring that up either...my point is get over:

Kobe 5
Tosb 4

You can't do anything about that..let it go fam :hat

PingPong
03-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Most of the Money goes to marketing, taxes, nike stock owners, etc...

Rogue
03-01-2014, 07:11 PM
90m is still good money imho, more than twice the amount God's gonna get paid for the next two years.

Spurs9
03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Just recently discovered the ridiculous 2nd market of flippers and Nike shoes when they get released. Most of the supply that gets put out for new releases is just got resale 4x.

Juggity
03-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Revenue and profit have everything to do with your thread title. You make the claim that Jordan earned $90 million out of a $2.25 billion Nike profit on his shoes. This is demonstrably incorrect. As 024 so elegantly laid out, the $2.25 billion figure is the revenue statement, while Nike's profits on the Jordan line are somewhere around $300 million, of which Jordan himself earned and impressive 30%.

There is no evidence to suggest a conspiracy as you posit. And in fact if I'm not mistaken intentionally releasing a false earnings statement is grounds for criminal prosecution. If you've got evidence that what Nike says is not true, you ought to send all your inside info to the FBI.

Until then, you're gonna be the guy who doesn't know the difference between profit and revenue :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Revenue and profit have everything to do with your thread title. You make the claim that Jordan earned $90 million out of a $2.25 billion Nike profit on his shoes. This is demonstrably incorrect. As 024 so elegantly laid out, the $2.25 billion figure is the revenue statement, while Nike's profits on the Jordan line are somewhere around $300 million, of which Jordan himself earned and impressive 30%.

There is no evidence to suggest a conspiracy as you posit. And in fact if I'm not mistaken intentionally releasing a false earnings statement is grounds for criminal prosecution. If you've got evidence that what Nike says is not true, you ought to send all your inside info to the FBI.

Until then, you're gonna be the guy who doesn't know the difference between profit and revenue :lol

who says their profits on the Jordan line are $300 million?

Mao Zedong
03-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Personally I'm disgusted when I see all my brothers and sisters standing in long lines to buy his shoes...and then robbing each other over it..I see little babies in baby cribs with Jordan's on and I'm like WTF..I guess it's some sort of status symbol when you're poor. Personally I've only bought MJ's once in my life the black and white Patent Leathers and never again...I wore Addidas, FILA, BK's, and LA Gear...now I'm a Kobe man...fuck those MJ's

Wiggers have it hard buying the shoes we make for them, I see.

We pity you, noble wigger. May your wigger family get better, and use your money wisely for alcoholic beverages, guns and fake black clothes and self-tanners.

Rogue
03-02-2014, 08:28 PM
^ what's your thought on the recent terrorist attack in China, Chairman Mao?

Mao Zedong
03-07-2014, 09:26 AM
^ They never happened.

And whoever says otherwise will be re-educated.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2014, 10:33 AM
^ what's your thought on the recent terrorist attack in China, Chairman Mao?

why u asking ur troll account that question?

ffadicted
03-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I come back to the boards months later in preparation for POs, and I see this lol Jesus, the trolling used to be way better, this is crap lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2014, 02:57 PM
I come back to the boards months later in preparation for POs, and I see this lol Jesus, the trolling used to be way better, this is crap lol

puh-lease I'm the best thing that happened to this site since sliced bread...

Rogue
03-07-2014, 07:32 PM
even your fellow yellow government officials didn't deny it, Mao.

Mao Zedong
03-11-2014, 08:22 AM
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/chian%20prison%20camp%20bannswer324.jpg

They'll be re-educated too.

I. Hustle
03-11-2014, 09:03 AM
So he should get paid more for kicking back and doing nothing while they put in all the labor, design, financing, etc. because they use his name?
I wish someone would ask me to use my name and pay me 90 mill a year while I do nothing.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Jordan didn't lift a finger to sale or make of those shoe's. He did a few advertisement, but he has just playing BB, not making or ACTUALLY SELLING any of those shoes.

90 million for doing jack squat, shit I would take that deal any day of the week.

Plus you are only quoting Revenues. Not the cost to make and sell those shoes. I am sure his cut is a percentage of the Net Income made off the shoes, not the Net Revenues.

RsxPiimp
03-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Overpriced crap

:lol

http://youtu.be/gRAuD8MH8U0