PDA

View Full Version : Need transport to tomorrow's game from Austin

Captivus
03-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi!
Im in Austin due to work, and I have 2 tickets for tomorrows game against Dallas for me and a friend.
We are thinking about renting a car, we already paid for parking at AT&T Center but if someone can take us to the game and back to Austin that would be better, so we dont have to drive.

Thanks for any help!

DJR210
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
:lol

LakerHater
03-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Do you or your friend not own your own vehicles?

exstatic
03-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Captivus
03-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Do you or your friend not own your own vehicles?

No, we came from Argentina. We are leaving on tuesday. I rather nor drive and drink a few beers.

RD2191
03-01-2014, 02:26 PM
This is how bad horror movies start.

Budkin
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM

:lmao

MeloHype
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Walk to the game

Budkin
03-01-2014, 02:32 PM
My friend offered to take me to the Pistons game in January 2006 if I drove from Austin. We got all the way down there and he forgot the fucking tickets. We tried to go back and get them but by the time we got back to the ATT it was mid 4th, the Spurs were getting demolished, and they wouldn't even let us in the building (with the tickets - said it was too late) :lol

TheyCallMePro
03-01-2014, 02:49 PM
If you and your friend were both girls I'd be happy to take you.

As long as we stop by my house and go down to the basement first.

unforeseen
03-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Entitled much?

DapDaGenius
03-01-2014, 03:07 PM
It's better if you call a cab or something.

kjhip1
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I thought maybe if he offers a ticket to someone it'd be worth it, but it sounds like he's looking for someone to not only waste gas, time, money but also someone to drive so he can drink and not worry about t. Smh! Go with your first idea and get a rental car! Ain't nobody got time for that

td4mvp2k
03-01-2014, 03:27 PM
My friend offered to take me to the Pistons game in January 2006 if I drove from Austin. We got all the way down there and he forgot the fucking tickets. We tried to go back and get them but by the time we got back to the ATT it was mid 4th, the Spurs were getting demolished, and they wouldn't even let us in the building (with the tickets - said it was too late) :lol

how fukd up were yall tbh?

philldafunk
03-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Best bet would be somone who is in Austin already who just happens to be heading to SA that night.

Mal
03-01-2014, 04:01 PM
There arent any buses or trains in Texas going between capital nad biggest city ?

Budkin
03-01-2014, 04:05 PM
how fukd up were yall tbh?

Not at all. Stone cold sober. He's just a fucking flake.

Chomag
03-01-2014, 04:19 PM

LMAO!

Spur|n|Austin
03-01-2014, 04:26 PM
OP - that's a HUGE favor to ask from people you don't know. Gas is not free, and there's also the time invested and the wear and tear on the driver's vehicle. At least offer to pay for gas, or throw them some money, because that request is pretty ridiculous.

:lol at the driver sitting outside of the AT&T center waiting for OP and his friend while they get drunk and watch the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2014, 04:36 PM
If you don't have a car Greyhound plus VIA is probably your best bet if you can make it to and from the Austin station.

Does anyone know if Aldaco's restaurant still has a shuttle?

Captivus
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
:lol Off course Im looking for someone who is ALSO going to the game, Im not gonna make him wait outside, you are crazy. In fact, I also have parking there.

The bus could work, but the problem is coming back at night from San Antonio, I cant spend the night, I have to be in Austin working by monday morning.
And yes, thats is how bad horror movies start.

Im probably renting a car, no big deal. I just wanted to see if someone was going. Take it easy.

Glad you guys are having fun with my thread...:toast

ChumpDumper
03-01-2014, 05:08 PM
The bus could work, but the problem is coming back at night from San Antonio, I cant spend the night, I have to be in Austin working by monday morning.Would get you back just before midnight. You'd get to downtown SA pretty early around 3, but it's not the worst deal for a $16 round trip.

Chomag
03-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Would get you back just before midnight. You'd get to downtown SA pretty early around 3, but it's not the worst deal for a $16 round trip.

Oh Wow! That's a very good price, I had no idea it was that low. That amount of $$ can barley get me a quarter on my tank. :lol

I might have take that into consideration on my next rip to Austin, I'm guessing it would be about the same price going from SA to Austin round trip?

Captivus
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Would get you back just before midnight. You'd get to downtown SA pretty early around 3, but it's not the worst deal for a $16 round trip.

I was just checking that, not a bad option.
My problem is that Im on 2nd and Congress, so thats maybe a 20 dollar taxi Austin (thats $40 both ways). We are two, so 32 more for the bus tickets, and then probably another $40 in San Antonio for taxi. Thats around $110.

A cheap rental is is around $50 plus gas.

I think Im gonna go with the rental.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Mikeanaro
03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
No, we came from Argentina. We are leaving on tuesday. I rather nor drive and drink a few beers.
JAJA! SON MUY COMODOS! alquilen un auto y listo a ver si se los comen las gordas de alla.

Captivus
03-01-2014, 06:57 PM
JAJA! SON MUY COMODOS! alquilen un auto y listo a ver si se los comen las gordas de alla.

Comodos? Ni hablar! Tengo estacionamiento incluido en el paquete! jeje

ElNono
03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Comodos? Ni hablar! Tengo estacionamiento incluido en el paquete! jeje

No se choreen las toallas del hotel...

Joyrider
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Megabus has deals around $5 bucks one way from Austin to San Antonio. You can take the bus back downtown right after the game too.

Aztecfan03
03-01-2014, 09:34 PM
OP - that's a HUGE favor to ask from people you don't know. Gas is not free, and there's also the time invested and the wear and tear on the driver's vehicle. At least offer to pay for gas, or throw them some money, because that request is pretty ridiculous.

:lol at the driver sitting outside of the AT&T center waiting for OP and his friend while they get drunk and watch the Spurs.

Maybe it's just me but i thought he was pretty much asking if there were other people driving from austin to the game so they could tag along.

Spur|n|Austin
03-01-2014, 09:50 PM
:lol Off course Im looking for someone who is ALSO going to the game, Im not gonna make him wait outside, you are crazy. In fact, I also have parking there.

The bus could work, but the problem is coming back at night from San Antonio, I cant spend the night, I have to be in Austin working by monday morning.
And yes, thats is how bad horror movies start.

Im probably renting a car, no big deal. I just wanted to see if someone was going. Take it easy.

Glad you guys are having fun with my thread...:toast

Ooohhhhhh :lol

txstr1986
03-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm coming from DC and would also like a ride

007nites
03-02-2014, 03:57 AM

I had a situation like this. I live in Vancouver and we had a weekend school trip VIA coach to a Seattle Sonics game back in 2005. We all bought the tickets in a package which included the coach ride there and back for about $50. It takes about 2 hours and 15 mins to drive from Vancouver to Seattle. During the bus ride I threw my ticket into my backpack so that it wouldn't slip out of my pocket. When we arrived at the arena we were told that we weren't allowed to bring our backpacks into the arena so I left my bag in the bus which took off to god know's where after we got dropped off. As soon as we reached the gates I realized my ticket was in the bus so I saw a black dude who was scalping tickets in the corner and I bought one off him for $25 and it turned out my seat was closer to center court then all my classmates.

spurs10
03-02-2014, 04:06 AM
I had a situation like this. I live in Vancouver and we had a weekend school trip VIA coach to a Seattle Sonics game back in 2005. We all bought the tickets in a package which included the coach ride there and back for about $50. It takes about 2 hours and 15 mins to drive from Vancouver to Seattle. During the bus ride I threw my ticket into my backpack so that it wouldn't slip out of my pocket. When we arrived at the arena we were told that we weren't allowed to bring our backpacks into the arena so I left my bag in the bus which took off to god know's where after we got dropped off. As soon as we reached the gates I realized my ticket was in the bus so I saw a black dude who was scalping tickets in the corner and I bought one off him for $25 and it turned out my seat was closer to center court then all my classmates.
Cool Spurs story!

gameFACE
03-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Go for the cheap car rental. Otherwise:
http://blog.samueldenisdortun.info/uploaded_images/Hitchhike_to_Transilvania-706942.jpg
In any case let us know how it went!

Does anyone know if Aldaco's restaurant still has a shuttle?
They haven't for some time now but Blue Star Brewing and Josephine Street Cafe do.

I'm coming from DC and would also like a ride

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2014, 08:57 PM
lol

Blake
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM

uh so at no point did you do the math on the driving time vs game time

Budkin
03-04-2014, 07:38 PM
uh so at no point did you do the math on the driving time vs game time

We knew we could make it with at least half a quarter. Thought it might still be a great game. Unfortunately the policy is that you literally can't enter the building at a certain point, even if you have a ticket.

DJR210
03-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm currently in Philadelphia for work and have 3 tickets to an upcoming game in San Antonio. Me and two friends are looking for a ride to SA, as we want to drink and snort cocaine, but do not want to drive or pay for the cocaine. If anyone is interested in giving us a ride to and from, buying us cocaine, food and drinks, let me know. Id also appreciate it if you could pay my cell phone bill as I don't want my service to get cut off. Thanks in advance.

spurs10
03-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm currently in Philadelphia for work and have 3 tickets to an upcoming game in San Antonio. Me and two friends are looking for a ride to SA, as we want to drink and snort cocaine, but do not want to drive or pay for the cocaine. If anyone is interested in giving us a ride to and from, buying us cocaine, food and drinks, let me know. Id also appreciate it if you could pay my cell phone bill as I don't want my service to get cut off. Thanks in advance. Does anyone have a cute younger sister that will drive to my house and give me a back rub while I watch a rerun of tonight's game? My wife has gone to bed and probably wouldn't mind. Thanks in advance for your help.

DJR210
03-05-2014, 01:23 AM
Does anyone have a cute younger sister that will drive to my house and give me a back rub while I watch a rerun of tonight's game? My wife has gone to bed and probably wouldn't mind. Thanks in advance for your help.

:lol I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

The Reckoning
03-06-2014, 02:19 AM
save the espanol for the international forum. thx.