PDA

View Full Version : Back when wrestling was good...

djohn2oo8
03-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Which did you watch? WWF, WCW, both?

Joyrider
03-01-2014, 02:15 PM
WCW, tbh.

Outside of the wrestling, I loved how slimy the business practices became when Eric Bischoff started to read off who won what matches in the WWF events due to them being prerecorded

leemajors
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Listen to this if you're a Piper fan, or curious about how the Hot Rod got started in wrestling:

http://goodtimeswithstevesimeone.libsyn.com/-003-rowdy-roddy-piper-good-times-with-steve-simeone

irishock
03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Entertainment value was gold in the 90's but the wrestling itself wasn't.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Both dude. The Attitude Era was fuckin' sick... but WCW/NWO was one of the craziest storylines ever.

djohn2oo8
03-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Both dude. The Attitude Era was fuckin' sick... but WCW/NWO was one of the craziest storylines ever.
qFiZTNOK1L4

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-01-2014, 03:13 PM
qFiZTNOK1L4

Haha the Wolfpack was so dope.. Still remember when Sting first joined..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGHNLSw4NE

This may have been the craziest moment I've ever seen live though.

NASpurs
03-01-2014, 03:14 PM
WCW for me. I even watched that mind-numbing TBS Saturday evening show which if I remembered correctly was held in Orlando. Fucking name is escaping me.

Remember watching the Mortal Kombat TV series that aired on TNT after Nitro? :lol

Some nostalgic shit.

MeloHype
03-01-2014, 03:58 PM
WWF was the shit

DJR210
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM
I watched both during the Monday Night Wars, but WWF since I was a kid. .ECW was where it was at though, by far my favorite fed of all time.

DJR210
03-01-2014, 04:15 PM
WCW for me. I even watched that mind-numbing TBS Saturday evening show which if I remembered correctly was held in Orlando. Fucking name is escaping me.

Remember watching the Mortal Kombat TV series that aired on TNT after Nitro? :lol

Some nostalgic shit.

Lol, I think it was just called WCW Saturday Night..that was Norman Smiley's show basically..you would be lucky if nWo made an appearance..at one point the Saturday Night show was their main show lol.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I get where you're going with this but some worthless faggot is gonna post shit nobody cares about here most likely to be a shitty list. That being said Russo killed the WCW but the email had some good shit back in the day

DJR210
03-01-2014, 06:28 PM
I get where you're going with this but some worthless faggot is gonna post shit nobody cares about here most likely to be a shitty list. That being said Russo killed the WCW but the email had some good shit back in the day

WCW was killed long before Russo came on board tbh. WCW killed themselves when they started giving creative control in contracts to people like Hogan, Nash, and DDP.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2014, 07:14 PM
WCW was killed long before Russo came on board tbh. WCW killed themselves when they started giving creative control in contracts to people like Hogan, Nash, and DDP.

Russo's the genius that told scavonie to give away the ending of raw though

Thread
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
WWF, it was well scripted. Every Monday night was the same....they'd come out preface the 90 minutes coming up and then follow that script TO THE LETTER. And all the wrestlers would wrestle. They'd repeat the same stuff each week, but, it never grew old so it was okay. The Hart Foundation would come out, Brett would lean against the ropes and Jimmy Hart would take off his glasses the same exact way each time. IT NEVER GREW OLD.

It was a glorious time. That Piper's Pit....every time he'd sit there and lure some poor schnook to sit down with that Irish accent. "No, I'm not going to hit you. I promise. Come, sit down and we'll talk." LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'd just beat the shit out of him. Or, Brother Love..........."I Love you."

Or, one wrestler beating another wrestler so badly that it actually would energize the beaten wrestler. C'mon, that is so fucking beautiful in concept and execution. That's AmericaPERIOD

---

Damn, since dj got straightened out in Houston he's as cute as a button.

Thread
03-01-2014, 10:14 PM
& the intensity of the crowds would rule the action in and out of the ring. They'd push the crowd so far, but, they'd have the wisdom to end it before it would pass the point of no return. That's damn difficult and involves the production end of the night and the hearts and minds of the WWF planners and local venues. I give the McMahon family a lot of credit for the quality of their effort. They missed very little and gave us as much as we wanted. They denied us nothing, like they'll do in "Hollywood." "Hollywood" gives you what they want and that's all we're going to get. McMahon Family found out what we wanted and then they buried us in it. They didn't grudge it, or, rifle it out in bits & pieces,,,they unloaded it out of endless box cars.

It was coherent with a clarity that is very rare in America now.

I'll never forget it.

DJR210
03-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Russo's the genius that told scavonie to give away the ending of raw though

Giving away the results to Raw was a small piece of the WCW failure pie. It was funny that they tried to shit on Mick Foley's first world title, and the plan backfired on them.

The reason why they failed is with the "Millionaires Club" with creative rights in their contracts, WCW became stagnant with the same old, tired shit, and failed to develop any new stars to carry the torch. They ran the nWo gimmick into the fucking ground with so many attempts at rehashing the same shit, and it couldn't keep up with the innovation on Raw.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnI09rrwStM

Those were the best days for mainstream wrestling IMO. It is nearly unbearable to watch shortly after WCW went under and the competition vanished.

DJR210
03-01-2014, 10:32 PM
R.I.P ECW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSGyi1RXlBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-xV2LVyRI

irishock
03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Or, one wrestler beating another wrestler so badly that it actually would energize the beaten wrestler. C'mon, that is so fucking beautiful in concept and execution. That's AmericaPERIOD

Hogan doing it was fine at first but then it was really mastered by Shawn Michaels.. and now Cena's ruined it

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2014, 11:30 PM
& the intensity of the crowds would rule the action in and out of the ring. They'd push the crowd so far, but, they'd have the wisdom to end it before it would pass the point of no return. That's damn difficult and involves the production end of the night and the hearts and minds of the WWF planners and local venues. I give the McMahon family a lot of credit for the quality of their effort. They missed very little and gave us as much as we wanted. They denied us nothing, like they'll do in "Hollywood." "Hollywood" gives you what they want and that's all we're going to get. McMahon Family found out what we wanted and then they buried us in it. They didn't grudge it, or, rifle it out in bits & pieces,,,they unloaded it out of endless box cars.

It was coherent with a clarity that is very rare in America now.

I'll never forget it.

And now the crowds are mostly dead thanks to this pg crap the mcmahons decided to shove down our throat

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 11:32 PM
The rock was my favorite wrestler when I was watching wwf as a kid. He became the man when stone cold left for awhile. I remember I went to raw as my first wwf/e event when it came in san antonio, which ended up being a day before 9/11. I was so star struck. But then he started becoming hollywood, and while he was still good and became a great heel, he left the wwe eventually. And my heart for wrestling fell when he left. But man, that attitude era. That shit was amazing.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I watched both. It was interesting to see how both companies rivaled each other and gave subtle jabs here and there.

The NWO is still the best thing that ever happened in entertainment. Goldberg's streak was damn impressive, too.

The rock was my favorite wrestler when I was watching wwf as a kid. He became the man when stone cold left for awhile. I remember I went to raw as my first wwf/e event when it came in san antonio, which ended up being a day before 9/11. I was so star struck. But then he started becoming hollywood, and while he was still good and became a great heel, he left the wwe eventually. And my heart for wrestling fell when he left. But man, that attitude era. That shit was amazing.
I remember that Monday Night Raw.

:lol That Rock interview with Cole. Crazy what would happen the next day.

After 2004, I stopped following religiously.

Thread
03-02-2014, 12:41 AM
And now the crowds are mostly dead thanks to this pg crap the mcmahons decided to shove down our throat

Yep. I quit watching some years back because (it) ended. That's one thing for certain I've learned:::everything ends. So I am fortunate that my inner VCR has only the prime running thru it:::Mean Gene called Honkey Tonk Man "Honkey" with a matter-a-fact tone like it was real life.\\\Miss Elizabeth perfecting an act that was so precise that it is a wonderment upon the earth this many years later.\\\talking some human man into letting Savage take him to the top rope and suplex his ass all the way down.///the small package///the sunset flip///the gd sleeper hold where only the man who applied it---could remedy it...and then the sleepee would always ALWAYS come out of it with the biggest jolt of his entire body,,,every time...IT NEVER GREW OLD.///or, when the sleeper was applied and the ref would raise the sleepee's arm once, it would fall lifeless....twice, it would fall lifeless, third time it stayed up!!! EVERY FUCKING TIME & you know what? Yep, it never grew old.

Guys, we witnessed all that. We saw that. We bore witness. And nobody, NOBODY can take that from us.

Thebesteva
03-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Which did you watch? WWF, WCW, both?

:lol Wrestling
:lol Faggot

elmanutres
03-02-2014, 02:00 AM
I remember that Monday Night Raw.

:lol That Rock interview with Cole. Crazy what would happen the next day.

After 2004, I stopped following religiously.

the next day my mom was explaining the severity of what was going on, and as a kid, it scared the living shit out of me. But it made me feel better that i got to see the rock before i would presumably die in the hellfire of a nuke.

Technique
03-02-2014, 02:26 AM
DDP vs Goldberg is a classic.

Ditty
03-02-2014, 02:31 AM
WCW was the shit until 1999 for me.NWO for life!

After that it was about the attitude era, and enjoyed some of the great rivalries, superstars and storylines. Stopped watching a few months before it changed it to WWE. Would occasionally flip the channels and see WWE on Spike TV once every year. Started watching again around 2007 when the Royal Rumble came to San Antonio since then it has been a frequent watch. Been to every Wrestlemania since 2008(WM 24). More because my buddies are huge wrestling fans, and I enjoy the locations they usually have Wrestlemania at every year. Will attend the one in New Orleans this year to make it my 7th in a row.

shyne
03-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Stopped watching after the attitude era. Just started picking it up every now and again since football season is over. Got the wwe network for six months to check it out, watched wcw world war 3 back in 95' last night pretty nostalgic, three fucking rings.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Damn I forgot all about ECW. The Dudley Boyz putting niggas through tables on fire. New Jack was that dude too. Too bad he got brain damage.

irishock
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Thing about the PG era is that it really isn't the reason for why wrestling's dead today... it's the internet, the shoot interviews and the long term repercussions of the attitude era. Cornette said it best about the attitude: "you could not go back to what it was before".

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Thing about the PG era is that it really isn't the reason for why wrestling's dead today... it's the internet, the shoot interviews and the long term repercussions of the attitude era. Cornette said it best about the attitude: "you could not go back to what it was before".

Back then the fine ass woman did playboy. Now they're called divas and appear on E!

Thread
03-02-2014, 02:06 PM
^Shocky

Avante
03-02-2014, 02:10 PM
On Wednesdays it was...BIG TIME WRESTLING...from Fresno. The old NWA had NorCal with stars like...

Ray Stevens
Pepper Gomez
Ray "Thunder" Stern
Kenji Shibuya
Cowboy Bob Ellis

On Saturday mornings it was ...WRESTLING FROM THE OLYMPIC AUDITORIUM, this was the WWA (World Wrestling Association) it was an indepenant and owned SoCal (Bakersfield south), here it was...

Gorgeous George
Wild Red Berry
Fred Blassie
Edouard Carpentier
Baron Leoni

Then there was Pro Wrestling Illustraded the magazine, that kept me up on actiion from else where, with names like....

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers (yep, here's where Flair got his gimmick)
Bruno Sammartino
Verne Gagne
Killer Kowalkski
Dick the Brusier

That got me up into my late teens, then here came adulthood, the Navy, running the streets. So I let my subscripton drop and forgot about the rasslin'.

Then in the 80's...

Here comes cable tv and TBS and....WCW, Yep, got re-hooked. Then it's back to the magazines, There was a time when I was watching...

AWA...The Rockers (young Shawn Michaels), Big Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) The Roadwarriors, Rick Martel
Mid-South..."Dr. Death" Steve Williams, One Man Gang, Eddie "Hotstuff" Gilbert
World Class...The Von Erich clan, The Freebirds, "Gentleman" Chis Adams
CWA...Jerry "The King" Lawler, Austin Idol, Randy Savage (just a kid)
WWF...Hulk Hogan, Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorf, Andre the Giant
WCW..."Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A.

The very best of times was in the lare 80's/early 90's when we had all those mentioned above on the tube. Then one by one...poof!!!!!!!! So the next best of times was the WCW vs WWF ratings war, we the fan were in rasslin' heaven as they tried to out do each other.

Right now today is the worst of times, and we have to obviously blame Vince, the guy is a fucking prick. He's pretty much ruined things, and Triple H and his bitch aren't helping matters any. You'd think with all those they have working for the company they'd know what sells.....nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be WRESTLEMANIA...(No way in hell you let CM Punk go)

Main Event....CM Punk vs Daneil Bryan (winner gets a shot at the title)
CO-Main...The Undertaker vs Randy Orton
Batista vs Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns vs John Cena
The Wyatts vs. Shaemus, Big E, Rey Misterio
The Sheild vs Cody & Golddust

The rest doesn't matter

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Well gents it was fun while it lasted, got to reminisce, and we had a good laugh, good work everyone

MeloHype
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I miss Shawn Michaels

irishock
03-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Dr. Death" Steve Williams

:lol I'll never forget that bullshit brawl for all in '98 that killed Dr. Death's career altogether...

Story is it's a legit fighting tournament in a fake wrestling event where the winner gets 100k in prize.. they brought in Dr. Death expecting him to clean that shit and they actually paid him the 100k beforehand. Motherfucker broke his knee in the second round by Bart Gunn I think who went on the win the 100k.

THEN...... Vince wanted to fuck Bart Gunn over at WM 1999 by setting him up vs Butterbean in a legit boxing match where he got killed :lol

irishock
03-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I miss Shawn Michaels

Same, even at 48 the dude would be the best worker in the business if he came back. Huge douche and all but he's a true artist in the ring..

irishock
03-02-2014, 02:32 PM
^Shocky

I'm actually too young to recall anything pro-wrestling related prior to 1994 but even then I knew the golden days of the WWF trumps the attidue era. I just couldn't stand any of the Austin/Rock/McMahon fiasco after '99.

MeloHype
03-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Same, even at 48 the dude would be the best worker in the business if he came back. Huge douche and all but he's a true artist in the ring..
I stopped watching after hr retired, ain't the same without him

Avante
03-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Well gents it was fun while it lasted, got to reminisce, and we had a good laugh, good work everyone

translation

I need to keep it real simple, I hate to see those who really know stuff, I get confused easily.

Avante
03-02-2014, 03:19 PM
:lol I'll never forget that bullshit brawl for all in '98 that killed Dr. Death's career altogether...

Story is it's a legit fighting tournament in a fake wrestling event where the winner gets 100k in prize.. they brought in Dr. Death expecting him to clean that shit and they actually paid him the 100k beforehand. Motherfucker broke his knee in the second round by Bart Gunn I think who went on the win the 100k.

THEN...... Vince wanted to fuck Bart Gunn over at WM 1999 by setting him up vs Butterbean in a legit boxing match where he got killed :lol

Williams was the real deal, a stud footballer while at Oklahoma, a great athlete. I remember the story you talked about.

Remember Haku, he was said to be the true badass if things were legit.

irishock
03-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Williams was the real deal, a stud footballer while at Oklahoma, a great athlete. I remember the story you talked about.

Remember Haku, he was said to be the true badass if things were legit.

Definitely. You don't fuck with Haku

Avante
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
I miss Shawn Michaels

We all do, he had it all.

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2014, 04:36 PM
translation

I need to keep it real simple, I hate to see those who really know stuff, I get confused easily.

Please keep the thread on topic, no need to talk about other things like what. Happens in other threads

DJR210
03-02-2014, 04:39 PM
I miss Shawn Michaels

Lmao at Shawn having to stop taping his TWA show here at Cowboys Dance Hall when he running his own fed because our group was doing the "show your tits" chant to some hooker in the crowd.

He came over to us and thanked us for being his rowdiest fans, but reminded us he was filming a "family show". Apparently video editing software was out of his budget.

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Son do yourself a favor and watch the cesaro/zayn match. Either the 2 out of 3 or the one on Thursday. Damn good work

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Lmao at Shawn having to stop taping his TWA show here at Cowboys Dance Hall when he running his own fed because our group was doing the "show your tits" chant to some hooker in the crowd.

He came over to us and thanked us for being his rowdiest fans, but reminded us he was filming a "family show". Apparently video editing software was out of his budget.

Did you see a young Daniel Bryan?

DJR210
03-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Did you see a young Daniel Bryan?

Not sure, I don't remember. At that time their headliner was Venom, and Shawn brought in The Sandman to face him in the main event.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkj7HGxESD4

DJR210
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Great match^

Here's the ending of the New Jack vs Vic Grimes scaffold match..Grimes was signed by WWF and appeared maybe twice before Vince cut him for fear of him killing himself in a match..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nHJHJQGjo0

djohn2oo8
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
WD4L_T33zWE

Forgot all about Karl Malone :lol

djohn2oo8
03-02-2014, 08:19 PM
MKEsXhpNqq0

Avante
03-03-2014, 12:22 AM
I knew McMahon was a punk but the way he treated Dusty Rhodes once he bought out Turner, that wasn't right.

What a shame these guys couldn't sell an angle.

tlvTTF5xkYg

How about Lesnar vs Leviathan before their WWF days.

oDnK2kOdQS8

This is where Randy Orton and John Centa were at just prior to coming to the WWF.

nVeih_Gqakc

CitizenDwayne
03-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Both, mainly WWF. Stopped watching shortly after the Invasion angle (which I actually enjoyed).

irishock
03-03-2014, 01:35 AM
This is where Randy Orton and John Centa were at just prior to coming to the WWF.

nVeih_Gqakc

I remember telling people on the internet that Cena would end up with a better career than Orton... but everyone including Vinnie Mac himself was high on Orton and not on Cena b/c Orton was Bob's son.

Nepotism never works.

Avante
03-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Speaking of rasslin; families.

Bob "The Big O" Orton, Bob Orton Jr, Randy Orton
Johnny Valentine, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Angelo Poffo, "Leaping:" Lanny Poffo, Randy "The Macho Man" Savage
Gory Guerrero, Hector, Chavo, Mondo, Eddie, Chavo Jr.
Samoan Afa, Roman Reigns
Fritz Von Erich, David, Kerry, Kevin, Mike
Rocky Johnson, The Rock
"Iron" Mike DiBiase,Ted DiBiase,Ted Dibiase Jr.
Dusty Rhodes, Dustin, Cody
Grizzley Smith, Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Dory Funk, Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk
"Jumping" Joe Blanchard, Tully Blanchard
Verne Gagne, Greg Gagne
Larry "Ax" Hennig, Curt Hennig, Curtis Axel
Ivan Putski, Scott Putski

Tag teams where they were suppose to be brothers, not sure which were legit.

Eddie & "Doctor" Jerry Graham...legit.

Art & Stan Nielson
Joe & Guy Brunetti
Karl & Kurt Von Stroheim
Kurt & Karl Von Brauner
Steve & Bob Stanlee
Rocket %& Sputnik Monroe...legit
Mike & Doc Gallagher
Ivan & Karol Kalmikoff
Boris & Nicoli Volkoff
Mike & Ben Sharpe...legit
Lou & Red Bastien
Jackie & Don Fargo
Paul & Joe LeDuc
Butcher & Mad Dog Vachone
John & Chris Tolos
Alberto and Ramon Torres ..legit (also had another brother Enrigue)

So who did I miss?

Avante
03-03-2014, 01:50 AM
I remember telling people on the internet that Cena would end up with a better career than Orton... but everyone including Vinnie Mac himself was high on Orton and not on Cena b/c Orton was Bob's son.

Nepotism never works.

We really do have to put Cena right there with Stoncold, Michaels, Triple H and The Rock, which is just a wrung below Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair.

Daneil Bryan the early days

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/a/americandragon/07.jpg

007nites
03-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Both, mainly WWF. Stopped watching shortly after the Invasion angle (which I actually enjoyed).

I wasn't a fan of the invasion angle because WWE buried all my favorite wrestlers from WCW. Such as Booker T, DDP, and etc. That's the main reason Sting didn't come to WWE.

007nites
03-03-2014, 03:11 AM

His match against Hogan was hilarious. He was overselling to the max, just completely humiliating Hogan.

nacho
03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Lucha Libre

DJR210
03-03-2014, 01:57 PM
We really do have to put Cena right there with Stoncold, Michaels, Triple H and The Rock, which is just a wrung below Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair.

Lol, I had no idea that Daniel Bryan was the American Dragon. I met him after a TWA show, but he kept his mask on.

CitizenDwayne
03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I wasn't a fan of the invasion angle because WWE buried all my favorite wrestlers from WCW. Such as Booker T, DDP, and etc. That's the main reason Sting didn't come to WWE.

I actually thought Booker T got a pretty big push then; you're right about DDP, though I was never really a fan.

The storyline where Triple H returned as a face was what turned me off. It was so obvious from the moment Jericho won the title that he was gonna lose it at Wrestlemania that I just lost interest. Plus the fact that it was clear that the Rock and Austin were on the way out.

The Gemini Method
03-03-2014, 07:19 PM
I didn't really get into wrestling, I mean I went to a few events in the Long Beach Sports Arena back in the day but wasn't all that immersed in it as some here were/are. I know that I really like Jimmy 'The Fly' Snookah and Ricky 'The Steamboat' Dragon since they were closest in my ethnicity. I also liked the dude who used to come out with the macaw and the Undertaker' intro always was pretty cool.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I remember it was back in 96 or 97, Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) and Kevin Nash drove by in a Cadillac, but stopped to let us get an autograph, signed our NWO shit, was hyped. Didn't know before that wrestlers had to drive themselves to matches.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2014, 09:12 PM
8-icMGmf32o

SupremeGuy
03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Both, with a little ECW mixed in. Late 80s/90s was a magical time for wrestling, tbh. Definitely awesome.

.G.
03-03-2014, 09:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FbNx02kT9og/TWdlrhhAX4I/AAAAAAAADdI/Y6GDAd-Ne2c/s1600/legion-of-doom-hawk-and-animal.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbh93EHtS1rb4egio1_400.gif

DJR210
03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I remember it was back in 96 or 97, Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) and Kevin Nash drove by in a Cadillac, but stopped to let us get an autograph, signed our NWO shit, was hyped. Didn't know before that wrestlers had to drive themselves to matches.

Yup, Taz nearly killed us speeding around a corner behind the Freeman Colosseum. Bastard nearly kills us, then ignores our request for an autograph.

Also met Kurt Angle too, he was getting in his rental in the back lot. Lmao at my faggot star struck friend asking Kurt if HE had a camera for us to take a pic..

CitizenDwayne
03-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Been thinking about it, and it's not just bullshit nostalgia. The late 90s/early 00s just had much more in the way of characters and interesting storylines than you see on the average Monday Night Raw nowadays. The stars just seemed to align, and TNA will never pose a serious enough threat to WWE to make Vince step up his game.

Mugen
03-04-2014, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

irishock
03-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Holy shit speaking of HBK, Paul Heyman just cut the same promo HBK did back in Montreal in 2005 :lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2014, 12:14 AM

hhh t he overrated wanker who benefited from the rock and austin retiring to early

dude was nothing but a jobber b4 joing DX, same shit in dx playing 2nd fiddle or last in that group of 4-5 people...dude only became relevant when he married steph and start gettin pushed for no apparent reason....

if he wasnt pushed, he wouldve still been a nobody

007nites
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I actually thought Booker T got a pretty big push then; you're right about DDP, though I was never really a fan.

The storyline where Triple H returned as a face was what turned me off. It was so obvious from the moment Jericho won the title that he was gonna lose it at Wrestlemania that I just lost interest. Plus the fact that it was clear that the Rock and Austin were on the way out.

Booker was the WCW champ when he entered the WWE. WWE booked him with a match against the Rock which the Rock won and right after that they pretty much buried booker and he wasn't in the main card again until he became King Booker.

CitizenDwayne
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Booker was the WCW champ when he entered the WWE. WWE booked him with a match against the Rock which the Rock won and right after that they pretty much buried booker and he wasn't in the main card again until he became King Booker.

They stripped him of the belt, but he was feuding with the likes of Rock and Undertaker...'buried' is a huge exaggeration.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
They stripped him of the belt, but he was feuding with the likes of Rock and Undertaker...'buried' is a huge exaggeration.

Him getting destroyed by stone cold in a supermarket was stuff of legend

Avante
03-05-2014, 02:33 AM
20 man battle royal, all in their prime.

John Cena
Goldberg
The Roadwarriors
Stonecold Steve Austin
Lex Luger
The Rock
Ahmad Johnson
Brock Lesnar
Batista
The Warlord
Brusier Brody
The Barbarian
Nikita Koloff
Kevin Nash
Sid Vicious
Sting
Ultimate Warrior
Kane
The Undertaker

Who wins it?

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 02:55 AM
So getting back to back when wrestling was good. Aka the title of this thread mankind getting killed twice by the undertaker

Avante
03-05-2014, 03:15 AM
There were so many more stars once upon a time because we had a half dozen federations/associations/alliances going on. You had choices. Then there was the movement going on. An established "star" leaving a region to join another, that was interesting.

People forget that...

Hulk Hogan started off in the AWA.

Sting (Flash) and Ultimate Warrior (Rock) started off as a tagteam.

The Roadwarriors started off as bikers.

Rocky Maivia (his grandpa was Prince Peter Maivia)

It was "Stunning" Steve Austin with his long blonde locks in World Class.

Goldberg played for the Atlanta Falcons.

Junkyard Dog an x-Green Bay Packer.

Sid Vicious was the masked Lord Humongous.

Mark Callous (Undertaker) teamed up with Sid Vicious as ...The Skyscrapers.

"Iron" Mike DiBiase was the father of Ted DiBiase, he died from injuries sustained in a match.

We see the figure 4 leglock used by a lot of rasslers, Ric Flair made it famous, but no not really. He ripped it off (as he did everything) from "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers. But....it was the father of Terry and Dory Jr, who originated the hold, yep...Dory Funk, he taught it to Rogers..............or so the story goes.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Wrestlemania 20 was 10 years ago

Avante
03-05-2014, 03:32 AM
Wrestlemania 20 was 10 years ago

Why not stop being a little prick and let a guy who has been into pro rasslin' since the late 50's teach you something? You wanna talk about when it....was good!!!!!!!!!!!....well that would be when there were a dozen or so promotors around the country with their own champs and rosters.

Imagine this...

The great Bruno Sammartino of WWWF (yep 3 W's) fame meeting up with west coast (WWA) legend Fred Blassie. Now that's excitement! The great Lou Thesz vs the equally great Verne Gagne, try 60 minute draws. NWA champ Ric Flair heading into Texas to face Kerry Von Erich....whoa!!!!!!!!

This was the biggest gate in pro rasslin' history up to that point in time, over 30,000 fans outdoors in a ball park. US Champion and the original "Nature Boy" taking on the World Champion Pat "O"Conner.

Ecuxuvp3_l0

Buddy Rogers the most influensal rassler ever.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 03:59 AM
You said you'd ignore me and you couldn't make 2 fucking days you lying sack of shit

Avante
03-05-2014, 04:13 AM
You said you'd ignore me and you couldn't make 2 fucking days you lying sack of shit

Ok cool, so starting right now you don't know I exist, right? No....getting back to....after a post of mine (as if we don't get off topic 100% of the time here) no nothing, ok little guy? It's real obvious you're an asshole who has this need to stay stupid. I like to share things, if I were a kid I'd love to learn things.

Don't respond, starting right now I;m dead to you. Show me you're serious by not responding.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Booker t 1uping stone cold with the help of nuns

Avante
03-05-2014, 04:29 AM
To get the NWA world champion on your turf, huge!!!!!!!!!!

2c5Q8cLN0sM

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Rock and sock connection leading to one of the highest rated segments for raw ever

Avante
03-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Then there's....

cBIXztSSNr0

Had had a big feud with Jerry "The King" Lawler in the CWA.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Christian having a goat entrance then getting it stolen by evolution

Avante
03-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Who can forget "The Dingo Warrior"?

oBoaU7FC3rQ

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 04:51 AM
Cody Rhode's awful lisp poor bastard that's holding him back

Avante
03-05-2014, 04:54 AM
Gotta have some Genie and "Stunning" Steve.

nIYzoAhHxUA

Who can forget?

Tbl92RqHVmk

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2014, 05:03 AM
John cena as the leviathan and Brock lesnar as the prototype

Switch that just noticed may phone screwed me up there

Avante
03-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Gotta love it.

pWchYpu670E

That;s Michael Hayes with Vince.