PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust Manu, Marco in the playoffs?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last year Manu was - well disappointing. Seems like he's taken his career seriously as it dwindles down by not joining Argentina over the Summer. He has also rejuvenated his shooting and scoring - despite playing less minutes per game and overall. It seems like he's reformed his "clutch" factor with so many spectacular 2nd half performances. His injuries are still a concern.

With Marco, we basically traded him for Neal. And even though I think he fits better in the system and is slightly better defensively, I do not believe he is as clutch as Neal (although he has shown he can be in games like against Portland).

Do you guys trust these guys in the playoffs?

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Look up what Marco did for the Bulls in the playoffs last year

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Look up what Marco did for the Bulls in the playoffs last year

Year
Team
GP
GS
MPG
FG%
3P%
FT%
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
PPG

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NBA_Playoffs)
New Orleans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_New_Orleans_Hornets_season)

2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_Playoffs)
Chicago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Chicago_Bulls_season)

Career

sexinthatsx
03-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I think you should take a look at Marco over the past recent games. Although he couldn't help the Spurs pull a W against Portland and NY earlier in the season with his near career highs, he made some big shots over the span of the past 10 games... as witnessed recently last night against the bobcats. That 3 he made during the final stretch was what helped the Spurs win...

KL2
03-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Marco's play has never single handedly lost a championship for his team, so I choose Marco.

superjames1992
03-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Marco is more clutch than Neal. Neal just made a miracle shot against Memphis in a series we got clobbered in and all of a sudden some of our fans thought he was clutch or something...

superbigtime
03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I've seen Marco miss some shots but I haven't seen him throw the ball to the ref or the front row. Manu still has the tendency to be a spazz. I am starting to get confidence when he touches the ball but not back to where it was a couple seasons ago.

I do like them out there on the court at the same time.

Baam
03-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Marco went 1 for 19 in Italy most important game at the Eurobasket, single-handedly preventing them to qualify for the world cup...

I voted Manu because well he earned it, imo it's on Pop to react when he's getting too loose with the ball...

Not sold on Marco being any better than Neal and the Bobcat game only reinforced that belief...

Also Turnobili is a DPOY candidate compared to Marco, was nice to see some vintage blocks (+ much better post defense than Marco).

Edit : the fuck I'm the only one who voted Manu only...

EVAY
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM
I trust each of them to play within their capacities. They will be working their tails off, regardless of how effective that work is.

They will both try, and I don't see how we can ask for more.

Manu is the total warrior.

ElNono
03-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Italian bros are gonna put some work... bank on it

weeks
03-01-2014, 07:57 PM
What does Marco have to do before motherfuckin spurfan gives him the benefit of the doubt? He can't prove shit before the playoffs and he's been way better than most of us expected.

Raven
03-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Marco went 1 for 19 in Italy most important game at the Eurobasket, single-handedly preventing them to qualify for the world cup...

I voted Manu because well he earned it, imo it's on Pop to react when he's getting too loose with the ball...

Not sold on Marco being any better than Neal and the Bobcat game only reinforced that belief...

Also Turnobili is a DPOY candidate compared to Marco, was nice to see some vintage blocks (+ much better post defense than Marco).

this.

Hoops Czar
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
People are confused as to what wins championships. I'm not sure I can trust a guy that gives up almost twice as many points as he scores I'd be remissed to say Manu didn't worry me, but its more of an injury concern than anything else. Pop's new found love for offense over defense is what worries me the most. Hopefully, he won't overplay the Belinelli card in the playoffs because the Spurs aren't winning squat if they can't get a defensive stop. Patty-Diaw-Belinelli-Manu.... yuck!

weeks
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I may be confused about what exactly wins championships ...but I sure as fuck learned a lot from Manu on how to lose em

Manu of course is better, that's why he makes more, ostensibly.

moisaenz
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
I trust a small ball manu-marco-mills-leonard-duncan line up...

Man In Black
03-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Where's the honesty? Yeah, you had Manu back, but he was still dinged with the hamstring issue. He gutted it out and while his game 6 was horrible, it's against a team with a defense that was geared to stop him and the Spurs. Tony's calf issue didn't help at all.

I DO NOT MISS GARY NEAL. He was a crappy decision maker at times and he didn't play defense as well as the team needed.

z0sa
03-02-2014, 12:27 AM
A resounding fuck yeah.

Budkin
03-02-2014, 12:37 AM
marcobigballs.gif

Mouth is Bleeding
03-02-2014, 06:48 AM
We're the offense with the most ball movement and depending on assists, passing the basketball. The more of that the more risk of turnovers.

Miami has a unique defense designed to create turnovers, getting into passing lanes. OKC isn't the same but has crazy length and wingspans all over the place from the perimeter to protecting the basket. Jeremy Lamb who will probably guard Manu has a crazy 6'11 wingspan. Some say its even longer. Jackson who's been tormenting us (mostly on offense) also has really long arms.

With the offense the Spurs have whoever will do the playmaking against those teams will have turnovers. It's going to happen again and in a way it's a symptom of why we even have a chance since we're not beating these teams with lower risk iso-ball. We'll just have to be excellent with more positives than negatives within the offense and find very good defense once more.

DarrinS
03-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Why does the poll only include those two players?

Kidd K
03-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Hard to say I trust either. Honestly, nobody should really "trust" Ginobili anymore after his epic collapse last playoffs. He steadily got worse as the playoffs went on and as teams got tougher. It'd be one thing if he was just hurt, or got outplayed a little but he's ALSO making mental mistakes and rushing plays which lead to multiple errors. That doesn't mean I think we have so many better options than Manu, we don't. Spurs FO didn't sign anybody this offseason to help out in Manu's role, so we're stuck relying on him yet again, and hoping he doesn't get hurt or that his brain doesn't melt down on us when it matters most.

Belinelli is a decent role player, and I don't think he'll totally blow it like Manu is capable of, but I wouldn't pin my hopes on him either. He's porous defensively, and offensively tbh I feel like the more offensive responsibility he gets, the worse he does. He has to be kept within his specific role to operate at peak efficiency. So if his role is kept to about what it normally is, then yes I trust him. . .at least on offense.

Mal
03-02-2014, 10:31 AM

He was injured as I recall

DMC
03-02-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't even understand the point of the question. Trust? Is the OP asking for faith?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't even understand the point of the question. Trust? Is the OP asking for faith?

Considering about 50 people answered the question, I tend to think it's not a difficult concept to comprehend..

apalisoc_9
03-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Marco is the most overrated player right now with the spurs tbh.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Trust and faith aren't really the same thing. Faith is when you believe a proposition in the absence of sound evidence. Trust is earned from a history of positive outcomes which essentially count as a form of evidence.

Chinook
03-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Both. They're grown men who know what they're good at. They'll be needed for the Spurs to win it all. Now that doesn't mean that either has to absolutely be in during crunch time if they haven't earned it during that game.

TMTTRIO
03-02-2014, 06:09 PM
I still think Manu should've retired at the end of the season. I still trust him but at the same time he's not the same. I don't understand why he wants to continue to play until he has nothing left.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I still think Manu should've retired at the end of the season. I still trust him but at the same time he's not the same. I don't understand why he wants to continue to play until he has nothing left.

You can't ask him to be the same. Just like we can't ask Duncan to be the same. He's still playing at a high level. He is a game changer (not many people can do that) and he's a sixth man of the year candidate.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Manu plays at a high level once every 4 or 5 games. Most of the time he's pretty mediocre and a typical stat line from Manu is 3-8 from the field, 4 assists, 3 turnovers.

hooperflash
03-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Two threes in a row to shut up the haters, gtfo .

Go Spurs Go

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Two threes in a row to shut up the haters, gtfo .

Go Spurs Go

:lmao

Two threes in a row in a relatively meaningless regular season game to bring him to 2-7 from the field. Sure shut me up. :rolleyes

jacuza20
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
:lmao

Two threes in a row in a relatively meaningless regular season game to bring him to 2-7 from the field. Sure shut me up. :rolleyes

15 pts, 4 boards, 7 assists in 22 minutes. Pretty good for a "washed up" old man

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 09:25 PM
15 pts, 4 boards, 7 assists in 22 minutes. Pretty good for a "washed up" old man

5 of those points were from garbage time free throw shooting, tbh.

jacuza20
03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
5 of those points were from garbage time free throw shooting, tbh.
even w/out those 5 points, he still had 7 assists and was in double figures. You're just a hater, he's playing well. I'm gonna laugh when he wins 6moy...tbh

EDIT: forgot to add the obligatory "tbh" since adding that to the end of your sentence makes your argument stronger.

ElNono
03-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Gino been playing subperb in the 2nd half for the past 3+ games... he still need to get his shit in order in the 1st half... Marco had a quiet game today, but THAT dude is always threat...

Manu will obviously be a lock in the playoff rotation, but I'm wondering how things are going to shake up between Mills and Marco... probably matchup-based.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 09:37 PM
even w/out those 5 points, he still had 7 assists and was in double figures. You're just a hater, he's playing well. I'm gonna laugh when he wins 6moy...tbh

EDIT: forgot to add the obligatory "tbh" since adding that to the end of your sentence makes your argument stronger.

I'm bookmarking this post.

jacuza20
03-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm bookmarking this post.

do as you must. For him to be even considered for the award is telling enough. The guy is 36 and might possibly win 6th man of the year. I guarantee you were probably one of the many that thought he was finished. I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

tholdren
03-02-2014, 09:47 PM
We live and die by manu, and have for awhile, to be telling the truth

jacuza20
03-02-2014, 09:54 PM
We live and die by manu, and have for awhile, to be telling the truth

sure thats true, but then again we would have no clue where we would be without him, along with the rest of the big 3

HI-FI
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
considering how badly Manu fell apart in the Finals, I wouldn't be shocked if he was much better around this time. the Yin to his Yang.

I think Marco will do fine, the guy has huge balls and is a natural fit on the Spurs.

tholdren
03-02-2014, 10:08 PM
sure thats true, but then again we would have no clue where we would be without him, along with the rest of the big 3

Tim and manu were the only non-replaceable players we have had, Tony is expendable

UZER
03-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Manus late career problem is turnovers.

His carelessness with the ball is amplified when the other team learns tendencies and snuffs them out.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Tim and manu were the only non-replaceable players we have had, Tony is expendable

:rollin this is literally what Manutards believe

tholdren
03-02-2014, 10:11 PM

We have all seen Tony "lead" in the playoffs

jacuza20
03-02-2014, 10:12 PM

I'm a fan of Manu, but I definitely do not believe this. Each player is a valuable asset to the team.

tholdren
03-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Career playoff per and winshare... Manu over tp, to be completely straightforward and truthful

SupremeGuy
03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Marco only, tbh. Manu's lost us two fucking rings.

cd98
03-02-2014, 10:45 PM
I trust Manu with all his experience. What many here fail to recognize is that when you make it to the NBA finals, you are going against a great defensive team that is primed to play against you. The Spurs and Miami were even, and it all came down to home court advantage and a few plays that could have gone either way. Ginobili didn't look great often, but that was because he was going against a stellar defense. You could say the same thing about Lebron, and he's the best player in the world.

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Fuck yes! I trust both these crazy muthafuckkazzz!!!!!!!!!!!

DMC
03-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Trust and faith aren't really the same thing. Faith is when you believe a proposition in the absence of sound evidence. Trust is earned from a history of positive outcomes which essentially count as a form of evidence.

Since when have we seen Manu and Marco together in the playoffs?

Skull-1
03-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I trust Manu to create a lot of assists in the clutch.... To the refs, the fans in the stands, the other team....

jARS mEsH sEt
03-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Yeah I have no idea how this is relevant to your first post in this topic.

SpursFan86
03-03-2014, 07:08 PM

We've seen both of them individually in the playoffs, and we can also use their previous experience in big moments during the regular season against tough teams.

DMC
03-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Yeah I have no idea how this is relevant to your first post in this topic.

Since trust requires knowing, not faith, we don't have any knowledge of Marco in the playoffs with Manu, so it would be faith instead.

DMC
03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
We've seen both of them individually in the playoffs, and we can also use their previous experience in big moments during the regular season against tough teams.

Trust is the wrong word. Trust me here.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Since trust requires knowing, not faith, we don't have any knowledge of Marco in the playoffs with Manu, so it would be faith instead.

Oh I see you're evaluating their impact together and not in isolation. Yeah then you're correct.

DMC
03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
That's what the OP is asking, regardless of the poll choices.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Trust is the wrong word. Trust me here.

Perhaps I was referring to them individually rather then as a group? Thus being the correct word.

TE
03-03-2014, 09:26 PM
The player agenda schtick is so 2005, tbh. Can't believe posters still play that role

DMC
03-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Perhaps I was referring to them individually rather then as a group? Thus being the correct word.

The word "and" in the thread title says otherwise or do you not understand Boolean functions?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-04-2014, 10:59 AM
The word "and" in the thread title says otherwise or do you not understand Boolean functions?

Where do you see the word 'and'? Also, even under the scenario that I did it would not necessarily support your thought.

jARS mEsH sEt
03-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Individually I have faith in Marco, and my "trust" level for Manu is about 3 out of 10 which ranks among the lowest of any spurs player. I am less trusting of only shit tier players like Errors (1.5 out of 10) or Joseph (2 out of 10).

Duncan = 9 out of 10
Parker = 6.5 out of 10
Leonard = 7 out of 10

Yeah, I trust Leonard more to play within his capabilities during the playoffs than I do Parker.

DMC
03-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Where do you see the word 'and'? Also, even under the scenario that I did it would not necessarily support your thought.

Since the OP title uses "Manu, Marco" it's implying "and", not "or" as made evident by the question in the poll.

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Since the OP title uses "Manu, Marco" it's implying "and", not "or" as made evident by the question in the poll.

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Problem is you are basing your argument off of inferences, while mine is not based on assumption, because I am the OP.

DMC
03-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Problem is you are basing your argument off of inferences, while mine is not based on assumption, because I am the OP.

You're trying to use what you meant as what you said, and the two obviously aren't the same. That leads right back to trust vs faith. If you meant Manu or Marco, you certainly never once said so. Instead, you've said "Manu, Marco" and "Manu and Marco".

My argument is based off of the actual words you used, not on what you claim you intended to say. Your intent is worthless outside of your own mind if you cannot get your words to convey it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-05-2014, 12:08 AM
You're trying to use what you meant as what you said, and the two obviously aren't the same. That leads right back to trust vs faith. If you meant Manu or Marco, you certainly never once said so. Instead, you've said "Manu, Marco" and "Manu and Marco".

My argument is based off of the actual words you used, not on what you claim you intended to say. Your intent is worthless outside of your own mind if you cannot get your words to convey it.

A comma is used to differentiate two different pairings to show contrast in-between the two. Thus, me separating them by a comma supports my argument - and why I actually posted the thread - supports my argument.

Besides, the fact that I use Marco and Manu separately in the poll pretty much also supports my argument.

Sybok
03-05-2014, 12:23 AM
A comma is used to differentiate two different pairings to show contrast in-between the two. Thus, me separating them by a comma supports my argument - and why I actually posted the thread - supports my argument.

Besides, the fact that I use Marco and Manu separately in the poll pretty much also supports my argument.

Your poll would be "yes" or "no" if you were being straight forward, but because you wanted more options, you made separate choices. We already know enough about Manu to know what his playoffs will be like, but we don't know about Marco. When Manu and Marco are discussed on this forum, they are discussed in tandem. Do we trust that the tandem of Manu and Marco will continue to produce in the playoffs like they have in the regular season. That's the only sensible way to take the OP. Otherwise why use just two Spurs players?

No, you meant the tandem, and you offered the opportunity to write one of them off.

Your M.O. is quite obvious, you're just not very good at it.

Chinook
03-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Scrub's actually right there. A comma can mean "or" just as much as it can mean "and". It's that way in headline writing, at least, although the "and" use is much more common.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Your poll would be "yes" or "no" if you were being straight forward, but because you wanted more options, you made separate choices. We already know enough about Manu to know what his playoffs will be like, but we don't know about Marco. When Manu and Marco are discussed on this forum, they are discussed in tandem. Do we trust that the tandem of Manu and Marco will continue to produce in the playoffs like they have in the regular season. That's the only sensible way to take the OP. Otherwise why use just two Spurs players?

No, you meant the tandem, and you offered the opportunity to write one of them off.

Your M.O. is quite obvious, you're just not very good at it.

That's a cute wall of text, but again it is nullified with your lack of knowledge when it comes to proper grammar, as well as a lack of Elementary-level reading comprehension considering the OP, me, told you what I meant by the thread.

Also, if I took your concept and put "yes" or "no" it would actually support your argument because that would be pairing them together.

Sybok
03-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Scrub's actually right there. A comma can mean "or" just as much as it can mean "and". It's that way in headline writing, at least, although the "and" use is much more common.

I allowed for that, but since he said "and" in his poll question, the comma automatically takes on the "and" function.

Example:

Do you like tits, ass?

Question: Do you like tits and ass?

1. I like both tits and ass
2. I like only tits
3. I like only ass
4. I don't like either

Now I am obviously asking if you like tits and ass, even though I allow you to chose only one in the poll options.

Sybok
03-05-2014, 01:27 AM
That's a cute wall of text, but again it is nullified with your lack of knowledge when it comes to proper grammar, as well as a lack of Elementary-level reading comprehension considering the OP, me, told you what I meant by the thread.

Also, if I took your concept and put "yes" or "no" it would actually support your argument because that would be pairing them together.

Your intent is nebulous in the OP yet made clear in the poll question when you use "and".

In fact, your OP is improperly written. You don't use a comma separator unless you have a conjunction, such as "Manu, Marco and Patty"

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Your intent is nebulous in the OP yet made clear in the poll question when you use "and".

In fact, your OP is improperly written. You don't use a comma separator unless you have a conjunction, such as "Manu, Marco and Patty"

But that's not what is being argued. So really, you are at a stalemate.

Chinook
03-05-2014, 02:50 AM
I allowed for that, but since he said "and" in his poll question, the comma automatically takes on the "and" function.

Example:

Do you like tits, ass?

Question: Do you like tits and ass?

1. I like both tits and ass
2. I like only tits
3. I like only ass
4. I don't like either

Now I am obviously asking if you like tits and ass, even though I allow you to chose only one in the poll options.

Yeah, but you're using two different "ands" and concatenating their meanings. Looking at your example, you're using "and" as an inclusive disjunction in the question and as an injunction in the first answer, meaning that liking both is an option. That's technically an inappopriate use of the word. "Or" should be used there, not "and". But colloquially, we use "and" anyway.

Counter-example:

A headline reads, "People prefer cats, dogs to spiders".

The colloquial translation of that is, "People prefer cats and dogs to spiders." But it doesn't necessitate the injunction. In fact, it implies the inclusive disjunction, unless the poll had answers like a) cats and dogs b) spiders. The translation was inappropriate, yet the use of the comma was correct.

Scrub says he intended to use the disjunction instead of the injunction. His poll questions support that. His use of "and" is technically incorrect, but it's colloquially acceptable. So too is using a comma to indicate that. It was kind of inconsistent, but not really confusing.

Skull-1
03-05-2014, 10:50 AM

In fact, your OP is improperly written. You don't use a comma separator unless you have a conjunction, such as "Manu, Marco, and Patty"

FIFY

MultiTroll
03-05-2014, 11:29 AM
vs Dallas with game close at end he did a drive, jumped in the air, got caught having his original pass intention being covered. So he does a twirly bird and chucks it back out beyond the arc where luckily a Spur was there to catch it. Shades of Miami Game 6 all over again.

He's been great at times, bad at times.

What it's gonna come down to is Pop pulling him or not.
Game 6 he became Miamis MVP enabled by Pop.

Sybok
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but you're using two different "ands" and concatenating their meanings. Looking at your example, you're using "and" as an inclusive disjunction in the question and as an injunction in the first answer, meaning that liking both is an option. That's technically an inappopriate use of the word. "Or" should be used there, not "and". But colloquially, we use "and" anyway.

Counter-example:

A headline reads, "People prefer cats, dogs to spiders".

The colloquial translation of that is, "People prefer cats and dogs to spiders." But it doesn't necessitate the injunction. In fact, it implies the inclusive disjunction, unless the poll had answers like a) cats and dogs b) spiders. The translation was inappropriate, yet the use of the comma was correct.

Scrub says he intended to use the disjunction instead of the injunction. His poll questions support that. His use of "and" is technically incorrect, but it's colloquially acceptable. So too is using a comma to indicate that. It was kind of inconsistent, but not really confusing.

His use of "and" is indeed technically incorrect if you accept his claims of intent after the fact. When i posted the first time in this thread, he had not made such a claim therefore it's rational to be confused by "Manu, Marco" in the thread title and "Manu and Marco" in the poll question.

Also, my example uses the same format his question used. Change "like" for "trust" and change "tits and ass" for "Manu and Marco" and you get the same thing. So, if I am concatenating their meanings, so was he.

The term "colloquially acceptable", to me, means it's not correct but good enough for you since the term isn't objective.

Sybok
03-05-2014, 05:40 PM
FIFY
Only if I am not lumping Marco and Patty into one group.

tholdren
03-05-2014, 07:55 PM
His use of "and" is indeed technically incorrect if you accept his claims of intent after the fact. When i posted the first time in this thread, he had not made such a claim therefore it's rational to be confused by "Manu, Marco" in the thread title and "Manu and Marco" in the poll question.

Also, my example uses the same format his question used. Change "like" for "trust" and change "tits and ass" for "Manu and Marco" and you get the same thing. So, if I am concatenating their meanings, so was he.

The term "colloquially acceptable", to me, means it's not correct but good enough for you since the term isn't objective.

Either way, your description of his comma error was incorrect. Commas are used to separate series of objects

Sybok
03-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Either way, your description of his comma error was incorrect. Commas are used to separate series of objects But why separate them? If you say "do you trust Manu, Marco?" what are you asking?

It's obvious what he meant. Do you trust Manu and Marco together, the Mario brothers... in the playoffs. Then he gave the option to take a shit on Manu.

Stop being stupid about it.

spurraider21
03-05-2014, 09:57 PM
:lol argues about this shit for over a day and calls me philopolemic

tholdren
03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
But why separate them? If you say "do you trust Manu, Marco?" what are you asking?

It's obvious what he meant. Do you trust Manu and Marco together, the Mario brothers... in the playoffs. Then he gave the option to take a shit on Manu.

Stop being stupid about it.
No one was arguing his meaning. I was stating that your perception of the comma must be wrong based on your response. Sorry that you are failing under pressure.

Hoops Czar
03-05-2014, 10:33 PM
What a silly waste of time correcting someone's grammar on a message board. Anyone who took the time to read the poll knows exactly what the OP meant. So this is what a Spurs off day looks like.

Sybok
03-06-2014, 09:52 AM
lol derailed for pages talking about a comma... I am the master.

Skull-1
03-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Only if I am not lumping Marco and Patty into one group.

Which you weren't.

Sybok
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Which you weren't.

You can't argue against my intent, according to this thread.

poeticism707
03-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Manu is a srub who just got an undeserved 7m a year contract after point shaving for the Heat last June.

Don't expect much support for chokers.

blkroadrunners
04-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Edit nvm

playbonner15
04-20-2014, 02:54 PM
he was only guy with the 3 falling. Then he decided to just throw the ball anywhere :lol

pjjrfan
04-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Manu has been through too many big time battles to just give up on him, his numbers don't reflect it, but every 3 he hit was a shot in the arm for us. Marco has been stinking it up for the last month or so he just continued that trend tonight, I am not a big Marco believer, if at all. I was surprised at Pattys poor play hopefully he will show up on Wednesday.

MultiTroll
04-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Overall GNob had many good plays.
His key turnovers need to be stopped however. :pop:
Get him out if he is going to endanger another Championship. We have the bench just like we had it last year.

ElNono
04-20-2014, 03:30 PM
I think Beli will pick it up... rough game from him.

Raven
04-20-2014, 05:06 PM
only 8 people... would be nice to see who doesn't back down tbh

superjames1992
04-20-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't trust anyone except the Big Four in the playoffs, tbh.

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2014, 05:55 PM
I trust Ginobili enough that he'll play to his season numbers(12 ppg). No faith in Belinelli though - he's been garbage for a month now. Always thought it was a bad idea to use our MLE on him and Ayres.

HemisfairArena
04-20-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't trust Manu at all. Dude had 4 TO's today. More than any other Spurs player. Playoffs have started so Manu's turnovers will increase

hater
04-20-2014, 06:40 PM
I think Beli will pick it up... rough game from him.

:tu

Ferrari will come through

cd021
04-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Marco Bellinelli-26 mpg, 35 % FG, 24.1% 3PT In April. I hope he can, but he's definitely a prolonged slump.

Diego20
04-21-2014, 06:45 AM

He's not a Ferrari anymore, he's more like a FIAT.