Some interesting games on tonight.

lefty
03-01-2014, 07:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2j7wPw2.gif

Spur-Addict
03-01-2014, 08:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2j7wPw2.gif

:lol

And aside from DET V HOU, there isn't much to watch imo. Although I will watch games anyways.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Trevor Ariza with 24 points at the end of the 1st quarter:lmao..

6ers may just be the worst team of all-time, tbh, unbelievable..

spurraider21
03-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Trevor Ariza with 24 points at the end of the 1st quarter:lmao..

6ers may just be the worst team of all-time, tbh, unbelievable..

forgot to set my lineup... fuck me in the ass

http://i.imgur.com/5IhemXD.png?1?4650

Spur-Addict
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
LOL Detroit gives up 41 in the 1st quarter

D-Wade
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Oden hoopin right now

lefty
03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
:cry Iverson.

Thanks MJ for making him want to play basketball, not Kirby :lol

Spur-Addict
03-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Getting chippy in Milwaukee.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM
:lol Miami is coasting. They don't even give a shit yet they win games like this. They're too talented.

Thread
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
:cry Iverson.

Thanks MJ for making him want to play basketball, not Kirby :lol

- SSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh."

- Derek Fisher - 15 June 2001 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

thunderup
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm watching the Indy game and here comes the typical push in the game that will give enough of a space to hold on for a win. And they don't coast.

Thread
03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm watching the Indy game and here comes the typical push in the game that will give enough of a space to hold on for a win. And they don't coast.

We'll have to keep an eye peeled for when Bird gets his cardboard box and moves out of Pacers HQ for the like the 6th time since the century turned.

The chickenshit.

irishock
03-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I had Orlando +13.5

Fuck you Haslem you piece of shit

scanry
03-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Forgone conclusion that the Heat will 3 peat tbh. OKC matches up horribly.

If Granger plays well in the post season, i have LAC coming out of the West.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Forgone conclusion that the Heat will 3 peat tbh. OKC matches up horribly.

If Granger plays well in the post season, i have LAC coming out of the West.
LAC will get to the finals if they can avoid the Spurs, that's the worst matchup for them. They play well in our pace and I wouldn't be surprised if they nipped us. It would be a good series, though.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
LAC in the finals however, would ensure the Heat's threepeat. The only team that can beat them is the Spurs, as much as I hate to say that. The Spurs present all the qualities that the Heat are weak against.

We would have a chance if Brooks had a heart attack and our role players step up like they've shown they can during the regular season.

Thread
03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Forgone conclusion that the Heat will 3 peat tbh.

Why, you beat 'em. You don't think everybody and their sister didn't see that and copy the template? The others may not have the static discipline that Pop has & instills, but, they have blue print on film and we ain't seen the last of it.

elmanutres
03-01-2014, 11:21 PM
LAC will get to the finals if they can avoid the Spurs, that's the worst matchup for them. They play well in our pace and I wouldn't be surprised if they nipped us. It would be a good series, though.

I still think they are a first-second round fodder. Clamp down on cp3 and their whole offense is dead.

scanry
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM

Not if Granger is ballin'. The Spurs have always had trouble with athletic SG/F like Durant, Gay, Batum, Granger and company.

OKC will represent the West if Westbrook somehow accepts a beta role and doesn't attempt more than 15 FGs/gm. They're arguably the most talented team in the NBA and if they don't make it back to the finals, Phil will be the first one i'd call.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I still think they are a first-second round fodder. Clamp down on cp3 and their whole offense is dead.
I think the improvement of their front-court + having Doc over Del Negro will get them passed the first at least. If the Clippers get healthier on the perimeter, watch out.

scanry
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Why, you beat 'em. You don't think everybody and their sister didn't see that and copy the template? The others may not have the static discipline that Pop has & instills, but, they have blue print on film and we ain't seen the last of it.

You can throw whatever blueprint away if Wade is healthy. There's a reason Spo is micro managing his minutes and come playoffs, i expect them to have a 01 Lakers run. This could be their last hurrah tbh. I don't think they have another run in em and Lebron is gunning for 7 so i wouldn't be surprised if he looks at that Clipper option this summer.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Not if Granger is ballin'. The Spurs have always had trouble with athletic SG/F like Durant, Gay, Batum, Granger and company.
Granger won't be ballin this season. He's still trying to get back from his injury. He looks washed up. I'd hate to be wrong, I like his game in all honesty.

OKC will represent the West if Westbrook somehow accepts a beta role and doesn't attempt more than 15 FGs/gm. They're arguably the most talented team in the NBA and if they don't make it back to the finals, Phil will be the first one i'd call.
There's much more to it than that. Of the starting five of the possible WC contenders, we have two of the weakest starters in our starting five. When Perkins gets healthier, he'll inexplicably return as a starter. He's simply a liability on both ends -- has been since the 2012 finals. Thabo has regressed badly. He's no longer the elite perimeter defender he once was. His three point shot has also left him.

Splits
03-01-2014, 11:30 PM
worthless set of NBA games tonight. I'd rather watch Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) gum his puddin' than any of these matchups.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Damnit Serge, Lebron has a Jew-nose because of you now.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-01-2014, 11:37 PM
LAC in the finals however, would ensure the Heat's threepeat. The only team that can beat them is the Spurs, as much as I hate to say that. The Spurs present all the qualities that the Heat are weak against.

We would have a chance if Brooks had a heart attack and our role players step up like they've shown they can during the regular season.

:toast

jimbo
03-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Carlisle had the original blueprint. Pop refined and adjusted it. "Make them take jump shots" is something everyone in the NBA knows, it's not something everyone in the NBA can do. (I think OKC could though if they cared to replicate Pop)

Duncan's more limited mobility doesn't help at all though.

scanry
03-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Granger won't be ballin this season. He's still trying to get back from his injury. He looks washed up. I'd hate to be wrong, I like his game in all honesty.

There's much more to it than that. Of the starting five of the possible WC contenders, we have two of the weakest starters in our starting five. When Perkins gets healthier, he'll inexplicably return as a starter. He's simply a liability on both ends -- has been since the 2012 finals. Thabo has regressed badly. He's no longer the elite perimeter defender he once was. His three point shot has also left him.

True but is there a reason behind that? I know Brooks like Avery runs his players to the ground, but what about his practice sessions? Riley was notorious for that and unlike Phil, his teams were always out of breath (92, 93 & 94 Knicks, 06 Heat, 88 & 89 Lakers). I always thought that the 88 Lakers should've dispatched the Pistons earlier tbh. I think it was in 89 that Magic revolted and Buss had to let him go the following season.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-01-2014, 11:43 PM
The Sixers defense is getting better. They just held the Wizards to 122 points.

irishock
03-01-2014, 11:46 PM
D-Wade's last 4 games: 23.5 PPG, 63% shooting, 6 assists 5 boards in 32 minutes :wow

ElNono
03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Thunder just need to get chuck back into the thick of things... some players are coasting a bit, tbh... regular season gets old after a while...

The Spurs need to see how TP looks after the extended rest, and they can't afford any more injuries. If they can get to the level of last season, things should be looking good.

I think either team can beat the Clips in a series. Granger isn't going to make a difference if CP3 keeps on being underwhelming in the postseason. This isn't something Doc can coach, it has to come from CP3.

That said, both OKC and Spurs have teams that matchup-wise could complicate them. I still think Memphis can make things tough on OKC, and for the Spurs it would be Houston's 3 point shooting.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
True but is there a reason behind that? I know Brooks like Avery runs his players to the ground, but what about his practice sessions? Riley was notorious for that and unlike Phil, his teams were always out of breath (92, 93 & 94 Knicks, 06 Heat, 88 & 89 Lakers). I always thought that the 88 Lakers should've dispatched the Pistons earlier tbh. I think it was in 89 that Magic revolted and Buss had to let him go the following season.
Ever since Harden left, he's become more of a one way player and moved away from being a 3-D player. He's also lost a step defensively. Scrubs of all types burn him which prompts that piece of shit Brooks to put Kevin on that player.

Idk, maybe his whore mother died. Whatever it is, it's fucking our team up.

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
D-Wade's last 4 games: 23.5 PPG, 63% shooting, 6 assists 5 boards in 32 minutes :wow
Spo better limit the nigga to save some of that for the playoffs.

Splits
03-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Ever since Harden left, he's become more of a one way player and moved away from being a 3-D player.

I'd love to hear your definition of a "3-D player". Does it sound like hairs dropping?

thunderup
03-01-2014, 11:54 PM
I'd love to hear your definition of a "3-D player". Does it sound like hairs dropping?
A 3-D player is one that's known as a three point shooter while also being able to play above average individual man-to-man defense.

scanry
03-02-2014, 12:13 AM

Bruce Bowen.