PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Inside The NBA Article: Tim Duncan is a great player, but NOT top 10 of all-time

Koolaid_Man
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM
:toast bout dam time main stream media stepped up! :lol I thoroughly enjoyed reading this....

I was reading Joe Posnanski's very fine column on Tim Duncan in Sports Illustrated last month (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1165279/index.htm?eref=sisf&eref=sisf) and came across a statement which jumped off the page and bit me on the nose. Concluding his homage to Duncan, Posnanski wrote, "He's one of the 10 best players in NBA history ... ''
"No bloody way," I screamed. :lol

What am I missing here? :lmao

Off the top of my head I'd take Wilt Chamberlain (always No. 1, the guy averaged 50.4 points a game during the 1961-62 season), Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and Bob Cousy ahead of Duncan. There's a quick 10 without as much as a three-second violation.

Nothing against Duncan, but you could also give me Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Kevin McHale. Oh, and let's not forget Bob Pettit, Moses Malone, John Stockton and Isiah Thomas.

Somehow, I've missed Duncan's greatness. Maybe it's because he played in San Antonio. Maybe it's the lack of flair in his game. Even his nickname is boring. Please, "The Big Fundamental?" Sounds like a guy you'd fit for a pocket protector. :lmao

Tim Duncan is not going to fight about this. Even he admits it is absurd. He is a great player. He's just not one of the 10 greatest of all time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/dan_shaughnessy/03/29/duncan.spurs/

irishock
03-02-2014, 08:03 PM
OMG John Stockton over Tim Duncan :lol

Clipper Nation
03-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Karl "The Choking Pedo" Malone over Duncan? :lmao

spurraider21
03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
nice shitty 4 year old article where he ranks barkley ahead of Duncan :lol

and bob cousy, who wasn't familiar with the rule that you are allowed to dribble with your left hand

elmanutres
03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Off the top of my head I'd take Wilt Chamberlain (always No. 1, the guy averaged 50.4 points a game during the 1961-62 season)

:lmao

Thebesteva
03-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Duncan is top 10 of all time easily.

HemisfairArena
03-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Leave Kool alone you fks. The man has a dream....let me see you bitches get to 26K posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Rogue
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
As little as I like them Spurs I have to admit that Duncan is as safe a top 10 player of all-time as God is tbh.

Juggity
03-02-2014, 09:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2486088945/vu1hbtpopb38l9z7nddp.jpeg

lefty
03-02-2014, 09:28 PM
at you guys getting trolled by Kool :lol

03-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Brunodf
03-02-2014, 11:06 PM
4/10.

Sean Cagney
03-02-2014, 11:12 PM

This guy is a fucking idiot :lol. I stopped reading after some of those quotes that clown said above that Koolaid posted. He is not a big fan of Tim okay we get it, the article is funny though and I didn't even read it all just the quotes.

Kidd K
03-02-2014, 11:31 PM

This faggot looks like the bastard offspring of Ron Santo and the fat kid "Chunk" from the Goonies.

KaiRMD1
03-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Jesus, this ol' sport is so obsessed. I thought you were leaving Kool? There's nothing sadder than a kobe fan obsessed with a player that's not kobe, it's almost an oxymoron for you to be as obsessed with Tim Duncan as you are.

kobe4life
03-02-2014, 11:54 PM
There are things about life that you accept which is death,taxes, and God being better than Duncan will always be constant.

Killakobe81
03-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Kobe is better than Timmy, but It's not be as much by what Kool thinks.
And if for some reason you believe Tim is greater than Kobe it isnt as far as Kobe haters would have you believe either.
I think it is pretty close with Kobe having teh greater career and post season success after 2008 before the last two years.
SO i thought Kobe had pulled away quite a bit but when you factor that last two seasons Duncan has made it close again.
I wont argue my case here since Kool is just trolling yall (though i know he believes this)

Duncan makes my top 10 because I never saw Wilt or Petit and tbh I missed most of Moses Prime as well ..

In some order:

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Kobe
4. Lebron
5. Bird
6. Isiah
7. Tim
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. Moses

I dont do players prior to 1980 ... that 10th spot is tough with Moses, KG and Dirk all in consideration tbh

Killakobe81
03-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Dont see how anyone can argue Shaq>Tim Duncan unless you are just discussing primes, then I clearly give Shaq the edge even if his prime was shorter ...

FkLA
03-03-2014, 03:33 AM
And if for some reason you believe Tim is greater than Kobe it isnt as far as Kobe haters would have you believe either.
I think it is pretty close with Kobe having teh greater career and post season success after 2008 before the last two years.
SO i thought Kobe had pulled away quite a bit but when you factor that last two seasons Duncan has made it close again.
I wont argue my case here since Kool is just trolling yall (though i know he believes this)

Duncan makes my top 10 because I never saw Wilt or Petit and tbh I missed most of Moses Prime as well ..

In some order:

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Kobe
4. Lebron
5. Bird
6. Isiah
7. Tim
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. Moses

I dont do players prior to 1980 ... that 10th spot is tough with Moses, KG and Dirk all in consideration tbh

Kobes cum is dripping from your mouth again tbh.

LkrFan
03-03-2014, 04:13 AM
nice shitty 4 year old article where he ranks barkley ahead of Duncan :lol

and bob cousy, who wasn't familiar with the rule that you are allowed to dribble with your left hand
Ironic. 4 years ago it became 5 > 4. :downspin:

spurraider21
03-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Ironic. 4 years ago it became 5 > 4. :downspin:
interesting. even 4 years ago he had LeBr0n > Duncan

Sean Cagney
03-03-2014, 04:27 AM
With his 12th rebound in tonight's game, Tim Duncan passed Hakeem Olajuwon for 12th on the all-time rebounds list. Additionally, Duncan is one of only five players in NBA history to be ranked in the top-20 on the all-time scoring, rebounding and blocks lists.

Tell that bitch ass writer this...........

kobe4life
03-03-2014, 10:32 AM
God has always been a superior player compared to Duncan. Duncan isn't even half the player that god is.

Mikeanaro
03-03-2014, 10:39 AM
That list is outdated, how can Barkley be better than Duncan I agree you must pay respect to the greats from the past but Barkley is not top 10 anymore long gone are the 90s and Space Jam.

Clipper Nation
03-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Kobe is better than Timmy

ambchang
03-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Turned out the author, born 1967, was already enjoying basketball and the greatness of Cousy, Baylor, Petit, West and Chamberlain's league dominance before he was a sperm.

ambchang
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM

In some order:

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Kobe
4. Lebron
5. Bird
6. Isiah
7. Tim
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. Moses

We've been through this multiple times, but dude, Kobe's accomplishments over Duncan were, amazingly, all team-based. Oh wait, there's only one, 5 championships, of which Kobe was clearly a 2nd banana in 3 of them, and arguably shared top dog in 2. Duncan was clearly top dog in all four of the Spurs championship. You can't spin this crap.

Blake
03-03-2014, 12:52 PM

This Boston ginger is still pissed about the 97 draft.

Thread
03-03-2014, 01:46 PM
We've been through this multiple times, but dude, Kobe's accomplishments over Duncan were, amazingly, all team-based. Oh wait, there's only one, 5 championships, of which Kobe was clearly a 2nd banana in 3 of them, and arguably shared top dog in 2. Duncan was clearly top dog in all four of the Spurs championship. You can't spin this crap.

You had your fuckin' chance last June. And you fucked it up. Duncan a big part of that fuck up.

Don't come in here now trying to pretend that didn't happen.

spurraider21
03-03-2014, 01:47 PM
if the main arguments for Kobe over Tim are 5>4 or B2B, then by what measure can you fucks put Bird above Duncan?

Thread
03-03-2014, 01:49 PM
if the main arguments for Kobe over Tim are 5>4 or B2B, then by what measure can you fucks put Bird above Duncan?

Duncan is a homosexual, 21. It's as simple & complex as that.

Phenomanul
03-03-2014, 01:59 PM
You had your fuckin' chance last June. And you fucked it up. Duncan a big part of that fuck up.

I'm pretty sure Duncan showed up to both games 6 and 7 of last year's Finals... Manu, unfortunately, played the worst game of his life in Game 6 otherwise Duncan would have 5 rings...

I distinctly remember Kobe going 6-24 in Game 7 of the 2008 Finals against the Celtics...

spurraider21
03-03-2014, 02:06 PM

I'll have to see the proof before I render my decision.

ambchang
03-03-2014, 02:08 PM

You have no problem with Horry > Kobe because of 7>5, so I know how seriously I take your "takes".

Also, you are chickenshit.

tlongII
03-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I would put Duncan in the top 10.

Killakobe81
03-03-2014, 02:15 PM

I know we have and that is why I did not state again why Kobe is greater and Like I said it is close (for me).
I can put plenty of individual stats etc on why I think Kobe is better but I'm not a stats guy and it's not like it would change your mind.
We will do this dance when their careers are over Amb, not before.
But tbh your increased bias and refusal to at least admit makes me wonder if I would even enjoy a debate with you anyway.

All of this is opinion ... even Mj over Lebron is an opinion unless you are using ring count or stats. but there are some that favor Lebron.

What kills me is Kool is the one mocking your greatest player, I said he was greater than Shaq close to Kobe and your dumbasses come after me.

Kool is a lot smarter than he his posts would suggest and yall are pretty dumb, blinded by Kobe hate or both to see it.

ambchang
03-03-2014, 02:28 PM
I know we have and that is why I did not state again why Kobe is greater and Like I said it is close (for me).
I can put plenty of individual stats etc on why I think Kobe is better but I'm not a stats guy and it's not like it would change your mind.
We will do this dance when their careers are over Amb, not before.
But tbh your increased bias and refusal to at least admit makes me wonder if I would even enjoy a debate with you anyway.

All of this is opinion ... even Mj over Lebron is an opinion unless you are using ring count or stats. but there are some that favor Lebron.

What kills me is Kool is the one mocking your greatest player, I said he was greater than Shaq close to Kobe and your dumbasses come after me.

Kool is a lot smarter than he his posts would suggest and yall are pretty dumb, blinded by Kobe hate or both to see it.

Great to see that you are down to personal attacks on intelligence.

I can never in a million years understand how you can say Kobe > Shaq as a Laker fan. Shaq took the Lakers out of a decade long drought of championships, or even contention, and gave you three straight. Shaq, for as short as his prime was, was clearly > Kobe in all aspects, even when just taking their Laker careers into account.

As for stats of Kobe > Duncan, other than points, assists and steals (later being "guard" stats), there really isn't much you can say. Efficiency, rebounds, blks (big men stats), are Duncan's. When you put into account advanced stats, which is a much better measure of how a player contributes to a team's success, Duncan was better in WS/48 and difference of ORtg and DRtg, Duncan was better despite a lower usage rate.

For Kool, puleaze, the dude was clearly trolling, and requires little attention. After a while, it's predictable and trite.

And as for ring counts to argue one player over another is consistently shown to be misguided and pure opinion. Kobe was clearly 2nd banana in 2000 to 2002, and yet you are summarizing as 5>4. You have clearly stated Horry > Kobe of 7>5 is stupid, and yet where do you put the cut off? Even you would have to admit Kobe was clearly batman in 2000 and 2001 (2002 was clear batman to me, but then you like to dismiss how the entire league was giving marginal bigmen contracts to foul Shaq, and nobody was making any special arrangements to contain Kobe) and you are counting those as equals to Duncan's 4 or Kobe's other 3? How does that work? You are just making standards up as you go.

He also played horribly in 2004, 2008, 2011 and 2012, led his team nowhere in his absolute prime between 2005 and 2007.

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2014, 02:38 PM

of course you would T-Long you're an old man..old, boring, plain vanilla suits you just fine :lol

Thread
03-03-2014, 02:43 PM
of course you would T-Long you're an old man..old, boring, plain vanilla suits you just fine :lol

Exactly. He probably even gets the senior discount all over metro Portland.

Killakobe81
03-03-2014, 02:50 PM

I can never in a million years understand how you can say Kobe > Shaq as a Laker fan. Shaq took the Lakers out of a decade long drought of championships, or even contention, and gave you three straight. Shaq, for as short as his prime was, was clearly > Kobe in all aspects, even when just taking their Laker careers into account.

As for stats of Kobe > Duncan, other than points, assists and steals (later being "guard" stats), there really isn't much you can say. Efficiency, rebounds, blks (big men stats), are Duncan's. When you put into account advanced stats, which is a much better measure of how a player contributes to a team's success, Duncan was better in WS/48 and difference of ORtg and DRtg, Duncan was better despite a lower usage rate.

For Kool, puleaze, the dude was clearly trolling, and requires little attention. After a while, it's predictable and trite.

And as for ring counts to argue one player over another is consistently shown to be misguided and pure opinion. Kobe was clearly 2nd banana in 2000 to 2002, and yet you are summarizing as 5>4. You have clearly stated Horry > Kobe of 7>5 is stupid, and yet where do you put the cut off? Even you would have to admit Kobe was clearly batman in 2000 and 2001 (2002 was clear batman to me, but then you like to dismiss how the entire league was giving marginal bigmen contracts to foul Shaq, and nobody was making any special arrangements to contain Kobe) and you are counting those as equals to Duncan's 4 or Kobe's other 3? How does that work? You are just making standards up as you go.

He also played horribly in 2004, 2008, 2011 and 2012, led his team nowhere in his absolute prime between 2005 and 2007.

you trying to get a piece when I say no ... you got a bit of rapist in ya? (waits for the Kobe comeback ...)
What part of my piece was a attack of anyone in particular's intelligence?
I quoted you because we have history but I have also heaped plenty of praise your way despite your biases.
As you said we have been down this path ...What has really changed? Kobe was better from 2008-2012 while depsite closing the regular season well I think Tim deserves the nod the past two seasons.
So again we are back to the same place they are "close".
The great thing about hoops debates I dont have to convert you nor you me.
You have stated your points and I have mine.

If you have nothing new to offer what is the point?
And you can dismiss rings but if Timmy had rung last June ever Spur fan from here to argentina would of added that bullet team accomplishment or not ...so stop the bullshit.
And stop being so sensitive.
I threw out general statements about "dumb people" I dont consider you one, so if it does not apply to you ignore it.
If it does, own it.

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Great to see that you are down to personal attacks on intelligence. Gander sauce is delicious :rollin

I can never in a million years understand how you can say Kobe > Shaq as a Laker fan. Shaq took the Lakers out of a decade long drought of championships, or even contention, and gave you three straight. Shaq, for as short as his prime was, was clearly > Kobe in all aspects, even when just taking their Laker careers into account. - Wrong. Shaq proved he was failure in Orlando. Got swept in his lone trip to the finals without Kobe and he had a stacked team :lol and he clearly coat-tailed Wade in 06. If not for that it would be Kobe 2 Daddy 0. Shaq was the most dominant no question but there is a huge difference in being the most dominant and the best...too bad you dumb-asses can't see it...the FACT is Shaq not only didn't be he couldn't win until Kobe came into his own. Let me give your retard ass an example...while Shaq was more dominant Duncan was the better player skill wise..and being big men they both lacked the total skills that Kobe possessed so therefore Kobe was a better player than both of them...Kobe was also more dominant that Duncan..Duncan was dominant only 1 yr of his entire career and I think that was in 2001 if I'm not mistaken..Kobe's been both the best and dominant through-out his entire career.

As for stats of Kobe > Duncan, other than points, assists and steals (later being "guard" stats), there really isn't much you can say. Efficiency, rebounds, blks (big men stats), are Duncan's. When you put into account advanced stats, which is a much better measure of how a player contributes to a team's success, Duncan was better in WS/48 and difference of ORtg and DRtg, Duncan was better despite a lower usage rate. Duncan contributed nothing to the game outside of SA...no one watches the game because of him...he's a just a boring cat to watch...fact is Kobe's stats as a 2nd option in LA are better than Duncan's as a first option in SA..I've posted proof ad nauseam before...Duncan is simply an inferior player to Kobe...dude couldn't even lead team USA when he had his chance and then he quit on his country...it's down right shameful conduct imho...

For Kool, puleaze, the dude was clearly trolling, and requires little attention. After a while, it's predictable and trite. Nope...just all facts no trolling...

And as for ring counts to argue one player over another is consistently shown to be misguided and pure opinion. Kobe was clearly 2nd banana in 2000 to 2002, and yet you are summarizing as 5>4. You have clearly stated Horry > Kobe of 7>5 is stupid, and yet where do you put the cut off? Even you would have to admit Kobe was clearly batman in 2000 and 2001 (2002 was clear batman to me, but then you like to dismiss how the entire league was giving marginal bigmen contracts to foul Shaq, and nobody was making any special arrangements to contain Kobe) and you are counting those as equals to Duncan's 4 or Kobe's other 3? How does that work? You are just making standards up as you go. Wrong..again numnuts :lol San Antonio hired all kinds of defensive specialists to try and contain Kobe..it was their primary job and the still failed...Bruce Bowen, Sean ******, Antonio Daniels, etc etc...Kobe torched every SA player..this had nothing to do with Shaq...Kobe torched your backcourt homie...Kobe torched players that don't rotate to double Shaq so I've just shat over your whole thesis..Popovich spent a lifetime trying to double Kobe and Kobe either broke the double or scored over it...I may be the only Laker fan on this site that won't let you retards rewrite history and if that's the case then so be it...:lol

See my brilliance above in red....after you read it go shit yourself...once I again I own you boo... ;-)

Blake
03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Too red didn't read

King Emmanuel
03-03-2014, 03:00 PM
hey man I don't hate kobe at all... i genuinely think he and timmy are just as good as each other

kobe had an amazing 3 year run in 2008-2010 i think people understimate him

kobe4life
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Eventually overtime you will accept the great book of Koballah's teachings which is that Kobe's god. you need to accept that Duncan is nowhere near being better than God. He's not in the same league as God.

ambchang
03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
you trying to get a piece when I say no ... you got a bit of rapist in ya? (waits for the Kobe comeback ...)
What part of my piece was a attack of anyone in particular's intelligence?

Umm ... this?

I quoted you because we have history but I have also heaped plenty of praise your way despite your biases.
As you said we have been down this path ...What has really changed? Kobe was better from 2008-2012 while depsite closing the regular season well I think Tim deserves the nod the past two seasons.
So again we are back to the same place they are "close".

So Tim was greater from rookie year till 2007 (even by your standards), Kobe was better 2008 to 12, and Tim was better since, so how in the world can Kobe be better? I mean, he was better in 4 out of like 17 years, and that is at the very tail end of Duncan's career, and even Duncan, in those years, have 2 years where even YOU had to concede is better than Kobe. Let me know, how in the world is Kobe better?

The great thing about hoops debates I dont have to convert you nor you me.
You have stated your points and I have mine.

If you have nothing new to offer what is the point?
And you can dismiss rings but if Timmy had rung last June ever Spur fan from here to argentina would of added that bullet team accomplishment or not ...so stop the bullshit.
And stop being so sensitive.
I threw out general statements about "dumb people" I dont consider you one, so if it does not apply to you ignore it.
If it does, own it.

You quoted me, so I responded, and from what I saw, I am the only one who responded to you.

And other people's opinions, even though they are Spurs fans, do not change mine. In fact, Duncan's ability to still anchor a championship contending team's defense at 37 years old speaks volumes about how good he was, even though he didn't win the championship. The myopic view of that even Ray Allen's 3 pointer missed would have made Duncan better, especially when Duncan wasn't even playing at that point, is beyond stupid, but according to your, and most other people's logic, it does.

Shaq > Kobe without question, and to me, Shaq ~ Duncan, you can make arguments for each, but I would say Duncan is greater due to his ability to adapt to different systems.

ambchang
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Gander sauce is delicious

Diversion again.

Wrong. Shaq proved he was failure in Orlando. Got swept in his lone trip to the finals without Kobe and he had a stacked team and he clearly coat-tailed Wade in 06. If not for that it would be Kobe 2 Daddy 0. Shaq was the most dominant no question but there is a huge difference in being the most dominant and the best...too bad you dumb-asses can't see it...the FACT is Shaq not only didn't be he couldn't win until Kobe came into his own. Let me give your retard ass an example...while Shaq was more dominant Duncan was the better player skill wise..and being big men they both lacked the total skills that Kobe possessed so therefore Kobe was a better player than both of them...Kobe was also more dominant that Duncan..Duncan was dominant only 1 yr of his entire career and I think that was in 2001 if I'm not mistaken..Kobe's been both the best and dominant through-out his entire career.

LOL, Laker fan logic, missing the playoffs and getting kicked out out of the first round twice is better than being swept in the finals. LOL. Missing the playoffs in his absolute prime and blaming bad teammates when he had Rudy T as a coach, Caron Butler and Lamar Odom as teammates.

Duncan contributed nothing to the game outside of SA...no one watches the game because of him...he's a just a boring cat to watch...fact is Kobe's stats as a 2nd option in LA are better than Duncan's as a first option in SA..I've posted proof ad nauseam before...Duncan is simply an inferior player to Kobe...dude couldn't even lead team USA when he had his chance and then he quit on his country...it's down right shameful conduct imho... LOL, scoring more points = better stats.

Nope...just all facts no trolling...

I feel sorry for you friends and relatives.

Wrong..again numnuts San Antonio hired all kinds of defensive specialists to try and contain Kobe..it was their primary job and the still failed...Bruce Bowen, Sean ******, Antonio Daniels, etc etc...Kobe torched every SA player..this had nothing to do with Shaq...Kobe torched your backcourt homie...Kobe torched players that don't rotate to double Shaq so I've just shat over your whole thesis..Popovich spent a lifetime trying to double Kobe and Kobe either broke the double or scored over it...I may be the only Laker fan on this site that won't let you retards rewrite history and if that's the case then so be it...

Sean Elliott (learn to spell) has been with the Spurs since his rookie year in 1989, except a couple of forgettable Detroit years. In fact, he didn't even play any significant role since 1999. If you concede Elliott can be an effective defender of Kobe after Elliott's kidney transplant, you are basically telling me that Kobe sucked.

Then Antonio Daniels ... he was a defensive specialist? You saw him on any All-D teams? What kind of defensive specialist was that? He also gave up two inches and several pounds to Kobe.

Bowen was the only one the Spurs hired, and guess what, Bowen did his job ONE ON ONE against Kobe. I mean, you see any teams effectively contain Duncan or Shaq 1-1 during their primes? Hell, they couldn't even do it against Dirk, Garnett, Barkley, Thomas, or any other top 15-20 players, and guess what, they did it with Kobe! Really amazing.

BTW, let's see how Kobe torches the Spurs EVERY year. All playoff series stats.

99 - 21.3 ppg on 44.7% shooting. Compared to 19.9 on 46.5% in regular season. Wow, Kobe sure showed the Spurs.
01 - 33.3 ppg on 51.4% shooting. This is the ONLY year Kobe went off with any decent defense because the entire Spurs team was stopping Shaq, and Kobe had to score against defensive juggernauts like Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter. Shaq and Duncan made their mark vs. 4 time DPoY like Dikembe Mutombo and Ben Wallace, Kobe did it against Terry Porter and Antonio Daniels.
02 - 26.2 ppg on 45.5% shooting vs. 25.2 on 46.9% in regular season while being single teamed by Bowen.
03 - 32.3 ppg on 43.4% shooting. Pretty much the first year he shot the Lakers out of the playoffs because he refused to feed Shaq, who was shooting 55.9% from the field.
04 - 26.3 on 46.2% and heavy minutes.
08 - 29.2 on 53.3% shooting. Tail end of the Spurs era.

See my brilliance above in red....after you read it go shit yourself...once I again I own you boo... ;-)

Killakobe81
03-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Umm ... this?

So Tim was greater from rookie year till 2007 (even by your standards), Kobe was better 2008 to 12, and Tim was better since, so how in the world can Kobe be better? I mean, he was better in 4 out of like 17 years, and that is at the very tail end of Duncan's career, and even Duncan, in those years, have 2 years where even YOU had to concede is better than Kobe. Let me know, how in the world is Kobe better?

You quoted me, so I responded, and from what I saw, I am the only one who responded to you.

And other people's opinions, even though they are Spurs fans, do not change mine. In fact, Duncan's ability to still anchor a championship contending team's defense at 37 years old speaks volumes about how good he was, even though he didn't win the championship. The myopic view of that even Ray Allen's 3 pointer missed would have made Duncan better, especially when Duncan wasn't even playing at that point, is beyond stupid, but according to your, and most other people's logic, it does.

Shaq > Kobe without question, and to me, Shaq ~ Duncan, you can make arguments for each, but I would say Duncan is greater due to his ability to adapt to different systems.

I said Tim was greater until 2007 ... but for me it was close (relative).
The rings and individual play since 2008 gave Kobe a distinct but still relatively slight edge.
The past two years Duncan turned back the clock so he narrowed the gap.
It being so close you know I go to rings.
Just my opinion and I wont go much deeper until they both call it quits.

But one new angle I will throw in ...is Pop.
In no way am I saying this to diminish Tim, who is my GOAT PF and for me clearly better than Shaq.
I dont see how you can argue they are even but whatever ... you like to factor in some took them out of the doldrums bullshit, when David did the same for the Spurs.
Just like with David Shaq could not ring without a better coach (PJ/Pop) or a a young HOF star to push them over the top (Kobe/duncan). Heck it took Wade acting MJ with shady calls for Shaq to get to 4.

Pop has proven with all the injuries he can still win. The man does not get enough credit. Sure he had Tim, but Duncan is lucky to have him as well. Take away Tony, KL, Tiago or Even Duncan ... it doesnt matter they still win.

It's the NBA version of Brady and Belicheck. It takes nothing away from either man ...but no way could Duncan have the same success at 37 under another coach.
I also doubt MJ/Kobe/Shaq could harness what they have without Phil.

Im sure MJ, Kobe, tim shaq still ring ...but all 4 have less jewelry without their HOF mentors tbh ...

Just something that gets lost in the debates ...Maybe I am getting old but great coaching I appreciate it more and more. And without it Shaq would be David Robinson tbh ...

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
The rings and individual play since 2008 gave Kobe a distinct but still relatively slight edge.

In no way am I saying this to diminish Tim, who is my GOAT PF and for me clearly better than Shaq.
I dont see how you can argue they are even but whatever ... you like to factor in some took them out of the doldrums bullshit, when David did the same for the Spurs.
Just like with David Shaq could not ring without a better coach (PJ/Pop) or a a young HOF star to push them over the top (Kobe/duncan). Heck it took Wade acting MJ with shady calls for Shaq to get to 4.

Pop has proven with all the injuries he can still win. The man does not get enough credit. Sure he had Tim, but Duncan is lucky to have him as well. Take away Tony, KL, Tiago or Even Duncan ... it doesnt matter they still win.

It's the NBA version of Brady and Belicheck. It takes nothing away from either man ...but no way could Duncan have the same success at 37 under another coach.

Im sure MJ, Kobe, tim shaq still ring ...but all 4 have less jewelry without their HOF mentors tbh ...

Just something that gets lost in the debates ...Maybe I am getting old but great coaching I appreciate it more and more. And without it Shaq would be David Robinson tbh ...

geez dude stop being a pacifist already...it was never close...you're trying to sit here and tow the line that Duncan was better than Shaq and Kobe up until 2007 and now Kobe barely edges him out and only because of rings...you're gotdam batshit crazy like all these other retarded ass Spur fans... Duncan better than Shaq and Kobe you might as well fucking say it already..this shit is insane..:lol...Kobe shat on those SPurs teams even when he didn't have no help....name for me Duncan's worst team he had to lead compared to Kobe's....how many head coaches has Duncan played for vs Kobe....how many ball dominant players have Duncan had to play with compared to Kobe...man yall niggas are somking so other shit...on the cool...that nikka ain't no where close to Kobe and peer acknowledgement says it all....you're a so called Laker fan..grow a pair and stop being scared to speak the truth to these Ho's :toast you could learn a thing or two from Kool about how to keep it real tbh

Budkin
03-03-2014, 09:42 PM

:wow Didn't see that one coming

tlongII
03-03-2014, 10:20 PM

He's a great player. I recognize greatness.

Cry Havoc
03-03-2014, 11:07 PM

He's a great player. I recognize greatness.

Tlong actually has good takes when he's not being a homer for the Blazers (which I begrudge him the right as long as he doesn't mind me not taking his team seriously :lol)

midnightpulp
03-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Kool posts an old as fuck article (that's terrible. The author reveals his stupidity when he says he would take Bob Cousy over Duncan) and triggers a discussion we've had a million times?

This "debate" should be dead and buried.

There's no logical argument that can be backed by statistics (both traditional and advanced) that put Kobe over Duncan.

I don't know why this is even still a debate? Kobe is better compared to players like Dirk and Jerry West.

ambchang
03-04-2014, 11:29 AM

Three years erased the work of the previous 10, you are making less and less sense.

This just in, Phil Jackson sucks. I mean, what are you trying to say here? Duncan had a great coach and Kobe didn't? Guess what Kobe did without Phil Jackson? Missed the playoffs, a huge underachieving team last year, had a mutiny against Potato Head. Really, do you want to go into the coaching angle?

In no way am I saying this to diminish Tim, who is my GOAT PF and for me clearly better than Shaq. I am not sure, both about equal to me, with Duncan having the slight advantage because of defense and versatility.

Puleaze, Robinson in 99 was Kobe in 00, 01 and 02, Duncan was Shaq, please don't get the role

Pop pissed a championship away because of 6 seconds without Duncan.

Of course coaching comes into play, but bringing up Pop as a "new angle" in a Duncan vs. Kobe debate without acknowledging the greatness of Phil Jackson is head-scratching to say the least.

ambchang
03-04-2014, 11:39 AM
geez dude stop being a pacifist already...it was never close...you're trying to sit here and tow the line that Duncan was better than Shaq and Kobe up until 2007 and now Kobe barely edges him out and only because of rings...you're gotdam batshit crazy like all these other retarded ass Spur fans... Duncan better than Shaq and Kobe you might as well fucking say it already..this shit is insane..:lol...Kobe shat on those SPurs teams even when he didn't have no help....

When Kobe didn't have no help, he missed the playoffs and got kicked out by the Nash suns in the first round, twice. So not sure how he could have shat on the Spurs.

name for me Duncan's worst team he had to lead compared to Kobe's....

LOL, and what did Kobe did with his "worst teams" of Caron Butler, Lamar Odom and two time championship winning coach? Duncan's worst team, he led them to a championship in 03.

Let's compare the 2nd and 3rd best players of the 03 Spurs and the 05 Lakers.

Lamar Odom - 15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 ast
David Robinson - 8.5ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1 ast

Caron Butler - 15.5/5.8/1.9
Stephen Jackson - 11.8/3.6/2.3

What about the fourth best?

Chucky Atkins - 13.6/2.4/4.4
Tony Parker - 15.5/2.6/5/3

how many head coaches has Duncan played for vs Kobe....

How did Kobe do without Phil Jackson again?

how many ball dominant players have Duncan had to play with compared to Kobe...

Kobe had to play with himself, so who else was ball dominant? If Duncan played with a teammate like Shaq who can score 30ppg and shoot 60% from the floor every game, then score 40ppg in the Finals, then I am sure Duncan would have done a lot better.

man yall niggas are somking so other shit...on the cool...that nikka ain't no where close to Kobe and peer acknowledgement says it all....you're a so called Laker fan..grow a pair and stop being scared to speak the truth to these Ho's :toast you could learn a thing or two from Kool about how to keep it real tbh

Good that you just ignored my post, now go declare some internet victory.

Killakobe81
03-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Three years erased the work of the previous 10, you are making less and less sense.

This just in, Phil Jackson sucks. I mean, what are you trying to say here? Duncan had a great coach and Kobe didn't? Guess what Kobe did without Phil Jackson? Missed the playoffs, a huge underachieving team last year, had a mutiny against Potato Head. Really, do you want to go into the coaching angle?

I am not sure, both about equal to me, with Duncan having the slight advantage because of defense and versatility.

Puleaze, Robinson in 99 was Kobe in 00, 01 and 02, Duncan was Shaq, please don't get the role

Pop pissed a championship away because of 6 seconds without Duncan.

Of course coaching comes into play, but bringing up Pop as a "new angle" in a Duncan vs. Kobe debate without acknowledging the greatness of Phil Jackson is head-scratching to say the least.

So much fail ...did you actually READ what I said? I said Pop does not get enough credit and in no way am I diminishing Timmy. I will bump and high light cuz too lazy to multi-quote.

Killakobe81
03-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Damn, Amb hate really blinds you.

1. what part of I felt there were close up til 2007 but Duncan had the edge do you not get? I felt 2008-2012 It was Kobe clearly and that moved him slightly ahead (since they were close) and now duncan has had a resurgence, and narrowed the gap again. In the end that leaves them close Imho. If you dont agree you are entitled, but dont act like what I said was not pretty straight forward you just fucking disagree, move on.

2. the Pop angle is new "on my side" (at least I dont recall making a big deal about it) ... We already have been through rings, stats, metrics, leadership impacts etc. I wont go back down that road until they retire, because it's boring. But since we first started this "dance" ...I think my appreciation for Pop has grown. I already thought extremely high of Duncan and Pop, but nothing Timmy has done even his resurgence has surprised me, because I called at least one more Finals run for Duncan a few years back, when folks thought he was done. But POP is showing he is every bit PJ's equal or it's closer than I thought initially (much like Kobe/Duncan). For example, PJ (and Pippen) gets soo much credit for the excellent record the Bulls maintained during MJ's ban/baseball career. But look at what Pop has done the past two years with all of the Spurs injuries. COTY this season, no doubt about it. Best coach in the game, unquestioned.

Yes, Pop screwed up 6 ...but the players had their hands in it too including Duncan to a lessor extent.

But again, did you ACTUALLY read my statement?! I included PJ's greatness saying that even MJ owed Phil. Dense.

3. I compared Duncan/Pop to Brady/Bill B not sure how that is a insult or how you cannot see the respect I have for both men. Just because your petty bias does not allow you to pay respect to Kobe that's on you. You really are just a more eloquent version of Kool, (on this subject) with stats as your weapon of choice instead of you tube. Kobe and Duncan are closer than either of you will admit and I really should not even be in this thread tbh, I should let you both wage your bias war without bringing a more balanced view to the table.

Old School 44
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM

In some order:

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Kobe
4. Lebron
5. Bird
6. Isiah
7. Tim
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. Moses

Assuming 1. MJ is Jordan...wow, no Magic?

ambchang
03-04-2014, 12:50 PM
So much fail ...did you actually READ what I said? I said Pop does not get enough credit and in no way am I diminishing Timmy. I will bump and high light cuz too lazy to multi-quote.

So why did you bring a "new angle". What does the presence of Pop bring to the debate?

Damn, Amb hate really blinds you.

1. what part of I felt there were close up til 2007 but Duncan had the edge do you not get? I felt 2008-2012 It was Kobe clearly and that moved him slightly ahead (since they were close) and now duncan has had a resurgence, and narrowed the gap again. In the end that leaves them close Imho. If you dont agree you are entitled, but dont act like what I said was not pretty straight forward you just fucking disagree, move on.

It isn't straight forward

Kobe's prime was prior to 2008, his best work was as a side kick to Shaq from 1999 to 2003, and his most dominant was 2005 to 2007. Duncan already had him beat at his best, and yet some how Kobe made up for it because of Duncan's down years? it makes zero sense.

2. the Pop angle is new "on my side" (at least I dont recall making a big deal about it) ... We already have been through rings, stats, metrics, leadership impacts etc. I wont go back down that road until they retire, because it's boring. But since we first started this "dance" ...I think my appreciation for Pop has grown. I already thought extremely high of Duncan and Pop, but nothing Timmy has done even his resurgence has surprised me, because I called at least one more Finals run for Duncan a few years back, when folks thought he was done. But POP is showing he is every bit PJ's equal or it's closer than I thought initially (much like Kobe/Duncan). For example, PJ (and Pippen) gets soo much credit for the excellent record the Bulls maintained during MJ's ban/baseball career. But look at what Pop has done the past two years with all of the Spurs injuries. COTY this season, no doubt about it. Best coach in the game, unquestioned.

Yes, Pop screwed up 6 ...but the players had their hands in it too including Duncan to a lessor extent.

But again, did you ACTUALLY read my statement?! I included PJ's greatness saying that even MJ owed Phil. Dense.

Of course I read it, so after a whole bunch of stuff, you basically said Pop and Phil are equal, and they negated each other. We already know this. Pop has always been Phil's equal, and I could argue better (based on his ability to build teams). Only Bulls and Laker fans disagree.

3. I compared Duncan/Pop to Brady/Bill B not sure how that is a insult or how you cannot see the respect I have for both men. Just because your petty bias does not allow you to pay respect to Kobe that's on you. You really are just a more eloquent version of Kool, (on this subject) with stats as your weapon of choice instead of you tube. Kobe and Duncan are closer than either of you will admit and I really should not even be in this thread tbh, I should let you both wage your bias war without bringing a more balanced view to the table.

Not saying it was an insult, it was just that it didn't bring anything new. What is that new angle to the debate? I am really having trouble grasping what you are trying to say. So Duncan as an individual accomplished more than Kobe since 2007, his end of prime wasn't as good as Kobe's end of prime, and they both had great coaches .... how did that conclude into Kobe > Duncan?

cd98
03-04-2014, 01:15 PM
LOL person admitting that he never really watched Duncan play, and then said he isn't in the top ten greatest, or maybe even top 20. Shows his ignorance.

cd98
03-04-2014, 01:16 PM

If Duncan was gay, then all Sports Illustrated sportswriters would have him top 5, regardless of how his career numbers match up.

Koolaid_Man
03-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Diversion again.

LOL, Laker fan logic, missing the playoffs and getting kicked out out of the first round twice is better than being swept in the finals. LOL. Missing the playoffs in his absolute prime and blaming bad teammates when he had Rudy T as a coach, Caron Butler and Lamar Odom as teammates.

LOL, scoring more points = better stats.

I feel sorry for you friends and relatives.

Sean Elliott (learn to spell) has been with the Spurs since his rookie year in 1989, except a couple of forgettable Detroit years. In fact, he didn't even play any significant role since 1999. If you concede Elliott can be an effective defender of Kobe after Elliott's kidney transplant, you are basically telling me that Kobe sucked.

Then Antonio Daniels ... he was a defensive specialist? You saw him on any All-D teams? What kind of defensive specialist was that? He also gave up two inches and several pounds to Kobe.

Bowen was the only one the Spurs hired, and guess what, Bowen did his job ONE ON ONE against Kobe. I mean, you see any teams effectively contain Duncan or Shaq 1-1 during their primes? Hell, they couldn't even do it against Dirk, Garnett, Barkley, Thomas, or any other top 15-20 players, and guess what, they did it with Kobe! Really amazing.

BTW, let's see how Kobe torches the Spurs EVERY year. All playoff series stats.

99 - 21.3 ppg on 44.7% shooting. Compared to 19.9 on 46.5% in regular season. Wow, Kobe sure showed the Spurs.
01 - 33.3 ppg on 51.4% shooting. This is the ONLY year Kobe went off with any decent defense because the entire Spurs team was stopping Shaq, and Kobe had to score against defensive juggernauts like Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter. Shaq and Duncan made their mark vs. 4 time DPoY like Dikembe Mutombo and Ben Wallace, Kobe did it against Terry Porter and Antonio Daniels.
02 - 26.2 ppg on 45.5% shooting vs. 25.2 on 46.9% in regular season while being single teamed by Bowen.
03 - 32.3 ppg on 43.4% shooting. Pretty much the first year he shot the Lakers out of the playoffs because he refused to feed Shaq, who was shooting 55.9% from the field.
04 - 26.3 on 46.2% and heavy minutes.
08 - 29.2 on 53.3% shooting. Tail end of the Spurs era.

Kobe is 5-1 head to head play-offs vs the Spurs and 5-2 including last year when he didn't play...except for asterisk 99 half a season title...there's never been a time when the Spurs beat Kobe and went on to win a title...Kobe torched the Spurs made them bitches live in perpetual fear...Shaq was easy to predict and contain to a certain extent...but Kobe was the one they had to game plan for because he was unstoppable...and don't for get that weak ass Derek Anderson yall also hired to help stop Kobe...Kobe shat on all your guys....and ironically the last time you losers tried to defend a bullshit ass non back to back title was in 2008 and guess what happened to yall...Duncan is a 2 time loser...last time he tried to defend his title he lost to Kobe..last time he was in the finals he collapsed against Bron....:lmao

Kobe also had at points in time these losers as his starting teammates....

Tony Bobbit
Tierre Brown
Devean George
Jumaine Jones
Medvedenko
Chris Mihm...

Duncan had it good by comparison :lol

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Let's compare the 2nd and 3rd best players of the 03 Spurs and the 05 Lakers.

Lamar Odom - 15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 ast
David Robinson - 8.5ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1 ast

Caron Butler - 15.5/5.8/1.9
Stephen Jackson - 11.8/3.6/2.3

What about the fourth best?

Chucky Atkins - 13.6/2.4/4.4
Tony Parker - 15.5/2.6/5/3

Kobe had to play with himself, so who else was ball dominant? If Duncan played with a teammate like Shaq who can score 30ppg and shoot 60% from the floor every game, then score 40ppg in the Finals, then I am sure Duncan would have done a lot better.
:lmao rekt

Koolaid_Man
03-04-2014, 03:53 PM
:lmao rekt

all one has to do is look at what other teammates Tammy had around him...and lol...@ Comparing D-Rob to Odom...:lol 6 has far reaching anal fissure type implications

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 04:28 PM
all one has to do is look at what other teammates Tammy had around him...and lol...@ Comparing D-Rob to Odom...:lol 6 has far reaching anal fissure type implications
comparing 03, robinson on literally his last legs to odom... i think is pretty fair

RsxPiimp
03-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Kobe is 5-1 head to head play-offs vs the Spurs and 5-2 including last year when he didn't play...except for asterisk 99 half a season title...there's never been a time when the Spurs beat Kobe and went on to win a title...Kobe torched the Spurs made them bitches live in perpetual fear...Shaq was easy to predict and contain to a certain extent...but Kobe was the one they had to game plan for because he was unstoppable...and don't for get that weak ass Derek Anderson yall also hired to help stop Kobe...Kobe shat on all your guys....and ironically the last time you losers tried to defend a bullshit ass non back to back title was in 2008 and guess what happened to yall...Duncan is a 2 time loser...last time he tried to defend his title he lost to Kobe..last time he was in the finals he collapsed against Bron....:lmao

Tony Bobbit
Tierre Brown
Devean George
Jumaine Jones
Medvedenko
Chris Mihm...

Kool dropping nukes.

ambchang
03-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobe is 5-1 head to head play-offs vs the Spurs and 5-2 including last year when he didn't play...except for asterisk 99 half a season title...

1) Why was 99 not counted? It was a series, should count as such.
2) So what? Kobe is 1-2 vs. the Nash Suns, is Nash better than Kobe?
3) Kobe was on better teams and accomplished less, great for him.
4) Kobe is 0-2 vs. the Stockton Jazz. Stockton > Kobe.

there's never been a time when the Spurs beat Kobe and went on to win a title...

1999 and 2003 never happened?
Not Duncan's problem when Kobe would rather miss the playoffs and got kicked in the nuts by N:lolsh to avoid a walloping by Duncan and the Spurs in 05 and 07.

Kobe torched the Spurs made them bitches live in perpetual fear...

:lol, defended 1-1 throughout his career vs. the Spurs.

Shaq was easy to predict and contain to a certain extent...but Kobe was the one they had to game plan for because he was unstoppable...and don't for get that weak ass Derek Anderson yall also hired to help stop Kobe...Kobe shat on all your guys....

Shaq was easy to contain? He was uncontainable, that's the problem. Not only the Spurs, but the entire league was game-planning against Shaq for three straight years with no success. The only guy who had success stopping Shaq was Kobe, by ballhogging and shooting the Lakers out of the Finals in 04.

:lol scoring against Terry Porter and Antonio Daniels being the highlight of his career.

and ironically the last time you losers tried to defend a bullshit ass non back to back title was in 2008 and guess what happened to yall...Duncan is a 2 time loser...last time he tried to defend his title he lost to Kobe..last time he was in the finals he collapsed against Bron....:lmao

FYI, Kobe failed to defend "his" title twice, and last time Kobe was in the playoffs, he choked on his turnovers.

Tony Bobbit
Tierre Brown
Devean George
Jumaine Jones
Medvedenko
Chris Mihm...

Duncan had Steve Smith, Rose and Willis started for him in his CHAMPIONSHIP year.
He had Elliott with one kidney, Avery Johnson, Jaren Jackson and Mario Elie as his starters in another CHAMPIONSHIP year.

He also had Udoka, Jefferson, Keith Bogans, Dejuan Blair, Rasho, Nazr, Roger Mason starting next to him in other points in his career.

:lol, acting like Duncan had an allstar cast compared to Kobe, when Duncan NEVER had a team mate as good as Shaq (or even remotely as good), and his best 2nd banana wasn't even as good as MVPau in his prime. Then you have guys like Odom, Bynum, Malone, Payton, and Dwight.

djohn2oo8
03-04-2014, 04:54 PM
1) Why was 99 not counted? It was a series, should count as such.
2) So what? Kobe is 1-2 vs. the Nash Suns, is Nash better than Kobe?
3) Kobe was on better teams and accomplished less, great for him.
4) Kobe is 0-2 vs. the Stockton Jazz. Stockton > Kobe.

1999 and 2003 never happened?
Not Duncan's problem when Kobe would rather miss the playoffs and got kicked in the nuts by N:lolsh to avoid a walloping by Duncan and the Spurs in 05 and 07.

:lol, defended 1-1 throughout his career vs. the Spurs.

Shaq was easy to contain? He was uncontainable, that's the problem. Not only the Spurs, but the entire league was game-planning against Shaq for three straight years with no success. The only guy who had success stopping Shaq was Kobe, by ballhogging and shooting the Lakers out of the Finals in 04.

:lol scoring against Terry Porter and Antonio Daniels being the highlight of his career.

FYI, Kobe failed to defend "his" title twice, and last time Kobe was in the playoffs, he choked on his turnovers.

Duncan had Steve Smith, Rose and Willis started for him in his CHAMPIONSHIP year.
He had Elliott with one kidney, Avery Johnson, Jaren Jackson and Mario Elie as his starters in another CHAMPIONSHIP year.

He also had Udoka, Jefferson, Keith Bogans, Dejuan Blair, Rasho, Nazr, Roger Mason starting next to him in other points in his career.

:lol, acting like Duncan had an allstar cast compared to Kobe, when Duncan NEVER had a team mate as good as Shaq (or even remotely as good), and his best 2nd banana wasn't even as good as MVPau in his prime. Then you have guys like Odom, Bynum, Malone, Payton, and Dwight.
Fisher (One of the most clutch fuckers of all time), Horry, Artest...

eyeh8u
03-04-2014, 04:55 PM
there's never been a time when the Spurs beat Kobe and went on to win a title.....:lmao

Didnt they beat the Lakers in the WCSF and Win the title in 03?

djohn2oo8
03-04-2014, 04:58 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ck9nyiwaTIg/hqdefault.jpg

ambchang
03-04-2014, 05:47 PM

Well.. Since Kobe was a clear second banana/role player, you can argue the spurs beat shaq instead.

ambchang
03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Kool dropping nukes.

:lol. Using your own troll account to support yourself. Especially when. One of those "arguments" even made sense in the first place.

RsxPiimp
03-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Not his troll tbh:hat

ambchang
03-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Not his troll tbh:hat

No way can you convince me that there are two people on earth stupid enough to that actually think those were arguments.

Killakobe81
03-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Still here, amb?

ambchang
03-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Yeah, why? Did I miss one of your points or something?

Otoh, KoolAidMan is too chickenshit to even show up, and is using his troll account to support himself.

Killakobe81
03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, why? Did I miss one of your points or something?

Otoh, KoolAidMan is too chickenshit to even show up, and is using his troll account to support himself.

Nah told you I was done like I said Pop was amazing as was Phil you heap lots of praise on PJ and Pau but diminish the support Tim had ...sounds a little like Kool is all I am saying and is beneath you ...or at least I thought it was.

Koolaid_Man
03-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Nah told you I was done like I said Pop was amazing as was Phil you heap lots of praise on PJ and Pau but diminish the support Tim had ...sounds a little like Kool is all I am saying and is beneath you ...or at least I thought it was.

you're still trying to play nice and make friends I see :lol..Memo to Killa these clowns hate you...take off your Lakers jersey and go full on man love for Tammy or Lebron and they'll befriend...if not your on a losing crusade to sound like a reasonable person...just sit back Killa have a drink and watch Kool dig into their asses..I'm a pro in the game :hat

ambchang
03-05-2014, 12:06 PM

No, I think Pop and Phil are equal, and they pretty much cancel each other out. In terms of building a team, I'll take Pop 10 out of 10 times, in terms of coaching a championship contender, I will take Phil for one season, and probably 50/50 in the long haul. I see them as about equal.

Tim did have support, of course he did, he just won with LESS support, with 2003 being the prime example.

Kobe didn't have support, he WAS the support. Shaq was the man from the second he joined the Lakers to 2003, Kobe was support. In 2009 and 2010, Kobe was feeding off the incredible frontline of the Lakers, just like Duncan from 2008 to now (only feeding off the backcourt). Difference being Duncan anchored the defense in those support years, Kobe didn't, and Kobe had more offensive responsibilities.