PDA

View Full Version : SMH Boy Scouts

Blake
03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
A top atheist wants the Boy Scouts of America to lift its ban on atheists as well as gays. The BSA is already considering replacing its current ban on gays with a policy that would let troops make their own decisions.American Atheists President David Silverman said scouting should also welcome boys who don't believe in God.But BSA spokesman Deron Smith said the Boy Scouts are not considering a new policy toward atheists and that the organization continues to view "duty to God" as one of its core principles.

The executive board of the Boy Scouts could lift the ban on gays as early as next week.*Frank Page, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's executive committee, said he is concerned about the possible move. SBC churches sponsor hundreds of Scout units."We understand that we are now a minority, that it is not popular to have biblical values, not popular to take stands that seem intolerant," he said. "This is going to lead to a disintegration of faith-based values."The Assemblies of God denomination also said it was "saddened and disappointed" by the proposed change.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/January/Boy-Scouts-Urged-to-to-Lift-Ban-on-Atheists/

that popcorn they sell sucks

baseline bum
03-03-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't see the problem. Boy Scouts troops seem to usually be affiliated with a church, so it's logical that they'd want people who believed in a god.

Blake
03-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't see the problem. Boy Scouts troops seem to usually be affiliated with a church, so it's logical that they'd want people who believed in a god.

I'd think they want to bring atheists in to make it easier to get their conversion badges

Bill_Brasky
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Gay ass shit tbh

mrsmaalox
03-03-2014, 01:59 PM

I think their popcorn is fine, I just don't need 50 packets of it.

DJR210
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I think their popcorn is fine, I just don't need 50 packets of it.

Welcome back! How was the trip???

mrsmaalox
03-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Welcome back! How was the trip???

Wunnerful :)

Drachen
03-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Dude! Deanan popcorn is the shit. (except for that shitty vanilla corn)

benefactor
03-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Picked up a bag of the jalapeno cheddar off one of the moms at my work that had some left over. Pretty good.

Blake
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Dude! Deanan popcorn is the shit. (except for that shitty vanilla corn)

they must have upgraded then. When I bought some a few years back, it was chewy and the butter wasn't spread evenly.

I'll probably still stick with Pop Secret