PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Melo liked "Melo to Bulls" sign @ Knicks/Bulls game

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-03-2014, 02:47 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/carmelo-anthony-liked-melo-to-chicago-sign-at-knicks-bulls-game/

Asked what he thought of a “Melo to Chicago” sign in the stands during the Knicks’ loss to the Bulls on Sunday,

Carmelo Anthony
didn’t simply pass on the question like most in his situation would have.“It was a good sign,” Melo said with a laugh. “It was a good sign. I don’t know what you want me to say about that.”
(http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/929/carmelo-anthony)

Sounds like a good fit to me

Sybok
03-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Much ado about nothing, just like always with you. What's with you anyhow? Are you retarded?

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Much ado about nothing, just like always with you. What's with you anyhow? Are you retarded?

:lmao..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Much ado about nothing, just like always with you.

Do you speak English?

SpurSwag
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I realize no one is bashing him here yet, but can everyone please stop shitting on Melo incessantly? He's had nothing short of an incredible individual year considering just how shitty his situation is (and shitty may be the understatement of the year). He's averaging 28 and 9 for fucks sake while really trying as hard as he can for what seems like the first time tbh.

He deserves a lot better than this and if he leaves he shouldn't be looked at any differently. And I know everyone is going to say "lol fuck anthony its his fault the roster is this bad cuz he made that trade that gutted the roster" but that is legitimately one of the dumbest takes i've ever heard. Yes he demanded a trade, but i highly doubt he knew any of the details of the trade or that the knicks would be getting that much talent stripped.

Sybok
03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I realize no one is bashing him here yet, but can everyone please stop shitting on Melo incessantly? He's had nothing short of an incredible individual year considering just how shitty his situation is (and shitty may be the understatement of the year). He's averaging 28 and 9 for fucks sake while really trying as hard as he can for what seems like the first time tbh.

He deserves a lot better than this and if he leaves he shouldn't be looked at any differently. And I know everyone is going to say "lol fuck anthony its his fault the roster is this bad cuz he made that trade that gutted the roster" but that is legitimately one of the dumbest takes i've ever heard. Yes he demanded a trade, but i highly doubt he knew any of the details of the trade or that the knicks would be getting that much talent stripped.

:cry I want to play for max salary because I'm a difference maker
:cry I want to play in a large market because I'm a game changer
:cry I need more help!

Clipper Nation
03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
And I know everyone is going to say "lol fuck anthony its his fault the roster is this bad cuz he made that trade that gutted the roster" but that is legitimately one of the dumbest takes i've ever heard. Yes he demanded a trade, but i highly doubt he knew any of the details of the trade or that the knicks would be getting that much talent stripped.
Bullshit, Fatmelo demanded the trade because he was scared of the lockout and wanted to grab for as much money as possible, he deserves the Knicks....

jimbo
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM

It's one of the dumbest takes you've ever heard because you're assuming Melo's agent is a complete retard?

Of course Melo's agent (and by extension Melo) had influence in the trade details.

When Denver was talking to the Nets...

"Leon is driving this one," one front-office executive told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.With Anthony's agent so heavily involved in brokering particular players in the deal, the Nets are working under a belief that a proposed package to bring them Hamilton and Billups would be sufficient to sell Anthony on joining them over the Knicks.
(lol at the bolded in hindsight, actually that was lolworthy back then too.)

Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, has worked relentlessly to help structure the package of players that will arrive in New Jersey with Anthony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nuggets-threaten-trade-melo-n-195500270--nba.html

Melo took the money and ran tbh. (Although honestly, it completely sounds like the Knicks to get fleeced by Masai without consulting Leon Rose first. Who knows thought? Also, it's in Leon Rose's best interests to get the money, I would think that he convinced Melo that the trade was good for him if Rose did know about it.)

SpurSwag
03-03-2014, 10:00 PM
:cry I want to play for max salary because I'm a difference maker
:cry I want to play in a large market because I'm a game changer
:cry I need more help!

Carmelo Anthony deserves a max contract in this league. He regularly goes off for 40+. I realize that isn't in itself worthy of a max contract, but any player with the ability to get that hot and win a game single handedly is going to receive a max contract in this league and he isn't in the wrong for knowing that and pursuing it.

And he undoubtedly deserves more help and pretty much always has...

SpurSwag
03-03-2014, 10:03 PM
It's one of the dumbest takes you've ever heard because you're assuming Melo's agent is a complete retard?

Of course Melo's agent (and by extension Melo) had influence in the trade details.

When Denver was talking to the Nets...

(lol at the bolded in hindsight, actually that was lolworthy back then too.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nuggets-threaten-trade-melo-n-195500270--nba.html

Melo took the money and ran tbh. (Although honestly, it completely sounds like the Knicks to get fleeced by Masai without consulting Leon Rose first. Who knows thought? Also, it's in Leon Rose's best interests to get the money, I would think that he convinced Melo that the trade was good for him if Rose did know about it.)

I'll take my L and respect you for not just calling me stupid and saying i had the worst take of all time and actually showing me I was wrong. That is pretty ridiculous of Melo to be perfectly OK with that trade, but still that doesn't mean he deserves the worst roster in the league at the moment.

spurraider21
^he will get a max contract, and whatever teams signs him will be doomed to mediocrity/playoff fodder

HemisfairArena
Carmelo Anthony deserves a max contract in this league. He regularly goes off for 40+. I realize that isn't in itself worthy of a max contract, but any player with the ability to get that hot and win a game single handedly is going to receive a max contract in this league and he isn't in the wrong for knowing that and pursuing it.

And he undoubtedly deserves more help and pretty much always has...

I'll take Al Jefferson easily over 'Melo just for starters. Does Al Jefferson deserve a max deal?

SpurSwag
03-03-2014, 10:45 PM
I'll take Al Jefferson easily over 'Melo just for starters. Does Al Jefferson deserve a max deal?

Come on man you'd really take Al fucking Jefferson over Carmelo? Al is one of the worst defensive bigs in the league, and while Melo is no stud on that end, he is certainly more adequate relative to his position. Melo at the 4 would be absolutely devestating on a team that could actually utlilize it. His efficiency would explode and he'd win a lot more.

also Melo's season has been a lot better than Al Jefferson's considering the Knicks roster is as bad if not worse than charlotte. Jr Smith and Ray Felton haven't been NBA quality players for a vast majority of this season

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-06-2014, 01:46 PM
JOACHIM NOAH MAKES PITCH TO MELO TO JOIN BULLS

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/10562283/joakim-noah-recruits-carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-join-chicago-bulls

DeadlyDynasty
03-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Bulls w/ Melo is intgriguing, not gonna lie.

resistanze
03-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Bulls w/ Melo is intgriguing, not gonna lie.

This is after they send Rose in the glue factory, tbh?

DeadlyDynasty
03-06-2014, 01:57 PM
This is after they send Rose in the glue factory, tbh?
With that assumption, yes. Some teams have star(s) with a poor supporting cast, a supporting cast with good coaching but no stars, or stars and a supporting cast with a shitty coach (Warriors, Clippers, Rockets). Bulls would fill their only void, but at what cost? I agree with SpurSwag to a certain extent--although Melo is partially culpable--but I would like to see him coached by Thibs.

Thread
03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
He's a loser. In the Howard & Paul class. All symbolism. Trace substance.