PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Why doesn't Pop get enough credit among spurfan?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Honest question.

Bill_Brasky
03-04-2014, 12:06 PM
This shit bomb wasn't calculated very carefully. Better check your math.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Because Spurs fan is retarded and doesn't remember how shitty it was in the mid 80s to late 90s with the coaching carousel of failure between Cotton Fitzsimmons, Bob Weiss, Larry Brown, Bob Bass, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, and worst of all, Bob Hill.

Thread
03-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Because Spurs fan is retarded and doesn't remember how shitty it was in the mid 80s to late 90s with the coaching carousel of failure between Cotton Fitzsimmons, Bob Weiss, Larry Brown, Bob Bass, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, and worst of all, Bob Hill.

But, didn't he look splendid in his suits? My God.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 12:17 PM
But, didn't he look splendid in his suits? My God.

Yep, a nigga looked great pissing away the 95 WCF when he and Rodman were at each other's throats.

Thread
03-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Yep, a nigga looked great pissing away the 95 WCF when he and Rodman were at each other's throats.

"Lighten up, Francis."

Brazil
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Because spurs fans are a bunch of whinny lill bitches

that's why

lefty
03-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Because he is stubborn son of a bitch

Killakobe81
03-04-2014, 12:40 PM

Pop and Enrique get Pau/D'antoni LG treatment ...even though they dont sniff 4 without 'em.
True Pop pissed the bed last June but neither PJ, Riles or Bill B are perfect.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Pop and Enrique get Pau/D'antoni LG treatment ...even though they dont sniff 4 without 'em.
True Pop pissed the bed last June but neither PJ, Riles or Bill B are perfect.

I think Pop gets too much shit for that. In hindsight it's easy to say he screwed up because the absolute worst-case scenario happened. But that was such a highly improbable ending. Duncan's foot speed/agility is nowhere near what it was 97-05, and I know you remember how he couldn't stay in front of Odom at all in the 08 WCF for example. Because of that they had been better all season with Diaw instead of Duncan on the floor in that situation when the other team is forced to take a three. The coach who really fucked up in the series was Spoelstra since he waited until an elimination game to make a trivial adjustment to neutralize a red-hot Danny Green, but winning shuts the media up. If Philibeaner makes that adjustment in Game 2 Miami wins in 5 or 6 vs winning in 7 due only to two lucky offensive boards.

Splits
03-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I think Pop gets too much shit for that. In hindsight it's easy to say he screwed up because the absolute worst-case scenario happened. But that was such a highly improbable ending. Duncan's foot speed/agility is nowhere near what it was 97-05, and I know you remember how he couldn't stay in front of Odom at all in the 08 WCF for example. Because of that they had been better all season with Diaw instead of Duncan on the floor in that situation when the other team is forced to take a three.

He did the exact same thing in the exact same scenario during the GSW series, it worked, and he was hailed as a genius.

Phillip
03-04-2014, 01:48 PM
I think Pop gets too much shit for that. In hindsight it's easy to say he screwed up because the absolute worst-case scenario happened. But that was such a highly improbable ending. Duncan's foot speed/agility is nowhere near what it was 97-05, and I know you remember how he couldn't stay in front of Odom at all in the 08 WCF for example. Because of that they had been better all season with Diaw instead of Duncan on the floor in that situation when the other team is forced to take a three. The coach who really fucked up in the series was Spoelstra since he waited until an elimination game to make a trivial adjustment to neutralize a red-hot Danny Green, but winning shuts the media up. If Philibeaner makes that adjustment in Game 2 Miami wins in 5 or 6 vs winning in 7 due only to two lucky offensive boards.

:clap

well put :toast

Splits
03-04-2014, 01:52 PM
He did the exact same thing in the exact same scenario during the GSW series, it worked, and he was hailed as a genius.

And Memphis:

http://imageshack.com/a/img819/9747/j34m.png

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 01:58 PM
the first possession where duncan was taken out, it made complete sense because they had a small lineup out there with no Bosh. it was James, Miller, Allen, Wade, Chalmers. and thats the one where we almost had the board, but kawhi/boris couldn't secure it and Wade made a great play on the ball. i get that.

the second time around, Bosh was in the game, and he got an uncontested rebound because his only competition for the board was fucking Manu

jimbo
03-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Yeah, if anything you have to say that Spo got outcoached during that series. I've always maintained that he should have stuck with the guys who got him the lead (Bron + shooters/birdman), but everyone has a different opinion on that one.

Blake
03-04-2014, 02:35 PM
All the*Popsuckers*that scoffed and tried to ridicule me when I said that Pop is still the biggest obstacle to the Spurs winning a title....what is the reasoning now?

Where is the Coach of the year?

Pop pulls Bonner...Pop puts Bonner right back in...GENIUS!

No One on the Spurs with any desire...any fire...any balls...this is what the Playoffs have in store...and this is exactly what happened last season...

This seasons playoffs are just about here and fuckhead coach is right on cue to get embarrassed again....

ElNono
03-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Pop is great, tbh

Let us proceed.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Gnsf is always gonna be gnsf

POPownsJackson
03-04-2014, 02:43 PM
pop is great coach ever. He like father more than coach which not many NBA coach can say.

Upstair is always so mean to him but he win champion those fuck

Blake
03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
pop is great coach ever. He like father more than coach which not many NBA coach can say.

Upstair is always so mean to him but he win champion those fuck

ducks! Where have you been?