PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Duncan's point blank miss

Arnold Toht
03-04-2014, 01:30 PM
was quite honestly a work of art. A fucking masterpiece. Think about it, SF. You've had Duncan since the days when he was fucking his college buddy.. you've all accepted Jimmy's style of deliberation like it's a fucking religion... you know Jimmy never rushes, he's always free of imprudence and heedlessness... But, at the heat of the moment, when it's all on the line in a winner-take-all Game 7, your boy needed a basket to tie... he got the ball cleanly from Ginobili for the first time in the series, but instead of calmly taking on the 6'7 Battier, you know, posting his way up like he's doen a million fucking times in his life, he kept his head down and put up the hook shot brick. Jimmy, the guy whose deliberation you've counted on every goddamn game, came up short when he needed it the most.

Now, tell me, how the fuck does that make you feel?

Mikeanaro
03-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Better than Dork being backdoor swept in 2006, thats for sure

irishock
03-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Better than Dork being backdoor swept in 2006, thats for sure

He's a Kobe fan brilliant

Duncan2177
03-04-2014, 01:59 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zkbZF3y_-Qg/hqdefault.jpg

SpurSwag
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
There actually is a case maybe for Duncan's miss being the most devastating of all time, all things considered.

With that being said, it happened. It's really unfortunate, but it happened. There was no guarantee we win that game if he makes the shot, especially considering how Lebron was shooting

smaka
03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/198/459/downloader.php

Budkin
03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
was quite honestly a work of art. A fucking masterpiece. Think about it, SF. You've had Duncan since the days when he was fucking his college buddy.. you've all accepted Jimmy's style of deliberation like it's a fucking religion... you know Jimmy never rushes, he's always free of imprudence and heedlessness... But, at the heat of the moment, when it's all on the line in a winner-take-all Game 7, your boy needed a basket to tie... he got the ball cleanly from Ginobili for the first time in the series, but instead of calmly taking on the 6'7 Battier, you know, posting his way up like he's doen a million fucking times in his life, he kept his head down and put up the hook shot brick. Jimmy, the guy whose deliberation you've counted on every goddamn game, came up short when he needed it the most.

:(

Arnold Toht
03-04-2014, 06:32 PM
There was no guarantee we win that game if he makes the shot

If an NBA championship-level team is able to pull off something like 6, I'm sure anything can happen in that scenario.

Thread
03-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Only thing MIA was Media citing & casting down Duncan. Hell, Media tore into Bosh for him making them worry so much. They never laid a word on Duncan. Nary a one.

UZER
03-04-2014, 06:44 PM
He's a Kobe fan brilliant

Haha...if its not kool its Arnie. People still fall for their trolling every damn time.

dallasmaverickslose
03-04-2014, 06:52 PM

I heard they might name the Lakers' bench in honor of Kirby

elmanutres
03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
I can't believe we all thought this one trick pony was thread at one point. Fuck were we wrong. People always say how thread is a parrot but at least he's not 1 dimensional like this true parrot

Thread
03-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I can't believe we all thought this one trick pony was thread at one point.

Elm, I don't do, nor own a troll account.

It's my religion.

elmanutres
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM

It's my religion.

Yes thread but this was during your chickensh...I mean absence.

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Yes thread but this was during your chickensh...I mean absence.

Well, you dummy, if I ain't going to come here in person and face the music, why would I come here Richie? I'd still have to see it.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 07:06 PM

It's my religion.

really?

LOL. Good times. That goofy bastard DUNCAN fell for it. He thought I was really from Italy.

That's trolling.

Absolutely.

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:09 PM
You are about to enter a stupid argument where he says "Thread" isn't a troll account. He will try to differentiate the fact he "trolls" but doesn't have a "troll account". I guarantee 100% (or I will leave forever) this is the angle he will take.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
You are about to enter a stupid argument where he says "Thread" isn't a troll account. He will try to differentiate the fact he "trolls" but doesn't have a "troll account". I guarantee 100% (or I will leave forever) this is the angle he will take.
Guiseppe is the troll account in question though, not Thread (in this case)

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:12 PM
I know. He is going to take that approach though (like I said, if he doesn't, I will leave forever).

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:15 PM

There is a huge difference twixt trolling & utilizing a troll account.

And you know it. You're just being argumentative and quite adorable. Now bend over.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 07:16 PM
There is a huge difference twixt trolling & utilizing a troll account.

And you know it. You're just being argumentative and quite adorable. Now bend over.
so if baseline bum's phony tweet about gasol was just trolling, and guiseppe was just trolling, then you should have no qualms with baseline

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Guiseppe is the troll account in question though, not Thread (in this case)

That was the only account I had (Giuseppe). I came in Italian to see if the Princess was going to throw me out at first blush. When she didn't I cast aside the accent.

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
What did I tell you. 100% know what this guy is going to do. It's not even fun anymore. It's just predictable and sad. Which is why I have a tough decision on my hands with the changes coming about to this forum.

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:18 PM
so if baseline bum's phony tweet about gasol was just trolling, and guiseppe was just trolling, then you should have no qualms with baseline

Completely different. Nobody gives a shit if I'm Italian or, bending Deeps over. They do care about a real life situation like Gasol materiel. The bum was wrong and later admitted to it in a PM.

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:18 PM
What did I tell you. 100% know what this guy is going to do. It's not even fun anymore. It's just predictable and sad. Which is why I have a tough decision on my hands with the changes coming about to this forum.

Please. You're gonna shit & fall back in it.

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:19 PM
You registered with one account. If that gets taken away from you, you either disappear and accept that or you troll. You choose to register an unknown screen name, not declare yourself back & tried to fool everyone. It's only after you got caught did you fess up. That's a troll account by your definition.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Completely different. Nobody gives a shit if I'm Italian or, bending Deeps over. They do care about a real life situation like Gasol materiel. The bum was wrong and later admitted to it in a PM.

You're just being argumentative and quite adorable. Now bend over.

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Did I not call it 100%?

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:20 PM
You registered with one account. If that gets taken away from you, you either disappear and accept that or you troll. You choose to register an unknown screen name, not declare yourself back & tried to fool everyone. It's only after you got caught did you fess up. That's a troll account by your definition.

BS. She said she would reinstate me then forgot. I was entitled to re-register. The proof rests in the fact that she did not throw me back thru the plate glass window.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Did I not call it 100%?
:worthy:

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:22 PM
BS. She said she would reinstate me then forgot. I was entitled to re-register. The proof rests in the fact that she did not throw me back thru the plate glass window.

No - if you would have announced yourself as yourself immediately upon return then proceeded with the act, you would be in the clear with a consistent definition. The fact you hid it for as long as you could while assuming a different identity because you were to cowardly to announce your return directly made it a troll account.

There is no argument here. You must accept this, tip your hat and get back to work.

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
No - if you would have announced yourself as yourself immediately upon return then proceeded with the act, you would be in the clear with a consistent definition. The fact you hid it for as long as you could while assuming a different identity because you were to cowardly to announce your return directly made it a troll account.

There is no argument here. You must accept this, tip your hat and get back to work.

BS. It was a faux pass from a distance. Only a complete idiot could not see it was me. How a boy so close to graduation and working fixing computers could fall for it is still beyond me & mine. Christ, DUNCAN!!! Even Kool knew it was me immediate. "Hey, welcome back, can you PayPal me a quick $30?"

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Doesn't matter. It's the principle of the matter. You must accept this. You must.

Thread
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Doesn't matter. It's the principle of the matter. You must accept this. You must.

Horseshit. You're just jealous because I'm pure & you're not.

Your regrets are your own.

DPG21920
03-04-2014, 07:37 PM
That doesn't make any sense. You're being a bit of a coward and liar about this if we are being honest. Not only do I not have any troll accounts, I never even pulled the fake act you did at any time.

You are just extra upset because not only was it me who called you on it, but it was I who pegged the exact angle you would take as well. It's just a bad loss for you and you won't let it go directly even though you know it's what has to be done.

Arcadian
03-04-2014, 09:01 PM
They never laid a word on Duncan. Nary a one.

And for good reason. The miss was overrated to begin with. The 37-year-old first-team all-NBA center who carried them to game 7 didn't deserve any amount of shit from anyone.

Aside from that, even if he was deserving of some shit, the media balances out: They don't give us enough credit for our success, and they don't give us enough shit for our failures. It is a balance, you see.

Joseph Kony
03-04-2014, 09:08 PM
step your game up anal tit, faggot

Thread
03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
And for good reason. The miss was overrated to begin with. The 37-year-old first-team all-NBA center who carried them to game 7 didn't deserve any amount of shit from anyone.

Aside from that, even if he was deserving of some shit, the media balances out: They don't give us enough credit for our success, and they don't give us enough shit for our failures. It is a balance, you see.

No. It was a cop out by Media. They didn't have to lay a hand on him. They had what they wanted:::back-to-back for James and they can keep you on the back burner. No way were they going to embarrass Duncan or Pop and they didn't have to. Bosh & Allen came thru for 'em and saved Media & the Spurs. It's like it never happened. And let's face it, aside from this burg---it hasn't.

Kool Bob Love
03-04-2014, 09:57 PM

Just living the dream.

UZER
03-04-2014, 10:51 PM
That doesn't make any sense. You're being a bit of a coward and liar about this if we are being honest. Not only do I not have any troll accounts, I never even pulled the fake act you did at any time.

You are just extra upset because not only was it me who called you on it, but it was I who pegged the exact angle you would take as well. It's just a bad loss for you and you won't let it go directly even though you know it's what has to be done.

Dale is a troll through and through. He gets on this fake high horse calling people out, then moves the goal post when called out on the same thing, replies with the rolleyes when cornered, or spews one of his many parrot lines when all else fails.

He only wants to get on people's nerves here and he does that well. He's not interested in listening to your point. He's here strictly to troll, which is why he will never give you an inch with the back and forth banter not matter how wrong he is. It's not gonna happen.

Once you realize this is the angle behind every post he makes, you will never take another one of them seriously. Like Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting, you will fall into a deep peaceful sleep and never think about it again.

coachmac87
03-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Thread is a bitch nigga tbh...

Thread
03-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Dale is a troll through and through.

Damn rights I'm a troll. Absolutely. Never denied such.

HI-FI
03-04-2014, 11:26 PM
it's sad that Dale is just a troll, sometimes he offers some good takes but it's apparent this is his place to take a dump and be bitter. I still think because of his age, perhaps he can be grandfathered in. When he's getting out of line like pissing his pants at the Golden Corral, it's best to just put a muzzle on him imo. He was annoying as shit after the Finals, more so because he was eternally chickenshit to show up til it was too late. But I think he needs this place, so I take pity and think he's best not perma banning.

Arnold Toht is an easier troll to get rid of imo, he's just a retread of Thread. But your call.

Thread
03-04-2014, 11:31 PM
it's sad that Dale is just a troll, sometimes he offers some good takes but it's apparent this is his place to take a dump and be bitter. I still think because of his age, perhaps he can be grandfathered in. When he's getting out of line like pissing his pants at the Golden Corral, it's best to just put a muzzle on him imo. He was annoying as shit after the Finals, more so because he was eternally chickenshit to show up til it was too late. But I think he needs this place, so I take pity and think he's best not perma banning.

Arnold Toht is an easier troll to get rid of imo, he's just a retread of Thread. But your call.

Don't start the banning talk again. Last time I got banned the vast lion's share of you fellows missed me terribly and petitioned my return. I have no more logins left and I ain't applying ever again. This is it.

ElNono
03-04-2014, 11:32 PM
is that Thread begging?

HI-FI
03-04-2014, 11:38 PM
is that Thread begging?
starts from the top imho.

Thread
03-04-2014, 11:39 PM
is that Thread begging?

No. That's Dale laying it out so you can play it out. Canning me ain't going to change last June.

irishock
03-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Forget Dale, a certain poster here needs to be reinstated, tbh..

Thread
03-04-2014, 11:49 PM
Forget Dale, a certain poster here needs to be reinstated, tbh..

Well, whomever has been hiding under Kori's skirts needs to get out of there and give an old white man from town a chance at it.

irishock
03-04-2014, 11:55 PM
The unnamed poster's presence has never been missed as badly as it has right now...

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:02 AM
The unnamed poster's presence has never been missed as badly as it has right now...

Who is it, shocky?

irishock
03-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Who is it, shocky?

Read my pm

ezau
03-05-2014, 12:07 AM
If an NBA championship-level team is able to pull off something like 6, I'm sure anything can happen in that scenario.

Can Jerry Buss come back from the dead?

ezau
03-05-2014, 12:09 AM

Duncan has 4 rings, you can't win em all, tbh.

Sean Cagney
03-05-2014, 12:11 AM
There actually is a case maybe for Duncan's miss being the most devastating of all time, all things considered.

With that being said, it happened. It's really unfortunate, but it happened. There was no guarantee we win that game if he makes the shot, especially considering how Lebron was shooting
Nah Ewings miss, he never won a ring after that either nor in his career for that matter. There is a few misses that are up there in the playoffs. If Tim makes that shot they lose that game anyways, Game 6 is where it was lost not some miss in game 7 that would have tied it.

Your damn right. Honestly Duncan is the last person I blame for one miss in that series, he did IT ALL to end that thing in 6 games and win the MVP but Pop fucked up and missed FT's and bad bounces happened.

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:12 AM

But, he'd won his 5th & peeled off the shit bag.

ezau
03-05-2014, 12:20 AM
But, he'd won his 5th & peeled off the shit bag.

4 rings ain't too shabby either, Thread.

ezau
03-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Your damn right. Honestly Duncan is the last person I blame for one miss in that series, he did IT ALL to end that thing in 6 games and win the MVP but Pop fucked up and missed FT's and bad bounces happened.

These Laker trolls should get a new material, tbh.

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:23 AM
4 rings ain't too shabby either, Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320).

& it woulda been interesting around here that's for sure. A completely different Forum had you rung there.

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Nah Ewings miss, he never won a ring after that either nor in his career for that matter. There is a few misses that are up there in the playoffs. If Tim makes that shot they lose that game anyways, Game 6 is where it was lost not some miss in game 7 that would have tied it.

He makes the layup and the pressure quotient is thru the ceiling. Then the Spurs are in their comfort zone, their killing ground is apparent & available.

HI-FI
03-05-2014, 12:38 AM
He makes the layup and the pressure quotient is thru the ceiling. Then the Spurs are in their comfort zone, their killing ground is apparent & available.
I think it was over when Pop pulled Duncan. the basketball gods or whomever took care of the rest imo. I think Pop realizes this even if he won't admit it publicly.

Thread
03-05-2014, 12:42 AM
^It was the confluence of events that landed directly on top of an organization that had never had anything close to that happen to them.

Perhaps you're right..."the basketball gods" took over on behalf of the only team that they'd be on the alert for.

ezau
03-05-2014, 01:29 AM
& it woulda been interesting around here that's for sure. A completely different Forum had you rung there.

Different forum yes. But seriously, 4 rings are more than enough to put Duncan in the top 10 of all time rankings. Don't kid yourself by thinking otherwise, Cubby.

ezau
03-05-2014, 01:31 AM
The Spurs had to rely on the crazy performances of Green, Neal, and Leonard just to be competitive against the Heat. In the end, talent wins out and rightfully so. I take solace in these anyway: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Katherine Robinson
03-05-2014, 01:37 AM
The Spurs had to rely on the crazy performances of Green, Neal, and Leonard just to be competitive against the Heat. In the end, talent wins out and rightfully so. I take solace in these anyway: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

How's the wife's corpse, Ez?

ezau
03-05-2014, 01:44 AM
How's the wife's corpse, Ez?

Prolly fucking Jerry Buss' corpse :lol

Katherine Robinson
03-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Prolly fucking Jerry Buss' corpse :lol

God forbid they would put somebody who would settle for you in his plot.

SpurSwag
03-05-2014, 01:52 AM

Obviously you can never blame Timmy because that miss was just a horrible bounce his way, but it pretty much signaled the spurs losing that game to me along with Tim's shot at 5 slipping away with it. It wasn't the reason we lost the season, but it kind of wrapped it all up.

ezau
03-05-2014, 01:54 AM
God forbid they would put somebody who would settle for you in his plot.

Don't know about that, but I wouldn't mind her and Jerry Buss in some post-mortem fuckfest, tbh.

Katherine Robinson
03-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Don't know about that, but I wouldn't mind her and Jerry Buss in some post-mortem fuckfest, tbh.

A corpse likely would satisfy her more than her marriage did, tbh...

Sean Cagney
03-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Obviously you can never blame Timmy because that miss was just a horrible bounce his way, but it pretty much signaled the spurs losing that game to me along with Tim's shot at 5 slipping away with it. It wasn't the reason we lost the season, but it kind of wrapped it all up.
Game 6 was it to me, when they lost that one I was all out. I watched game 7 with some outside hope but honestly get real to fans who say his miss was the reason they lost. it was game 6 and POP sitting him and the missed FT's and the bounces, that should have been it and Tim showed up to win it all that night and get his 5th but only Kawhi wanted to trip with him to win it! Parker showed up later. If the team shows up they win easily, but Tim and Kawhi showed up all night only.

ezau
03-05-2014, 02:51 AM
A corpse likely would satisfy her more than her marriage did, tbh...

Yeap. Just like Jerry Buss who'd rather die instead of watching the Lakers suck this bad:lol

Katherine Robinson
03-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Yeap. Just like Jerry Buss who'd rather die instead of watching the Lakers suck this bad:lol

He couldn't witness 6 in all its glory, quite a tragedy.

dallasmaverickslose
03-05-2014, 03:00 AM

:lobt2:

ezau
03-05-2014, 03:05 AM
He couldn't witness 6 in all its glory, quite a tragedy.

Nope. He couldn't witness the following:

1. Achilles
2. His son running the show
3. Getting swept
4. Nash stealing money from his coffers.
5. Tanking
6. Begging

I can't blame the man, he'd rather die of AIDS instead of seeing all these tragedies to his franchise. :lol

Katherine Robinson
03-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Nope. He couldn't witness the following:

1. Achilles
2. His son running the show
3. Getting swept
4. Nash stealing money from his coffers.
5. Tanking
6. Begging

I can't blame the man, he'd rather die of AIDS instead of seeing all these tragedies to his franchise. :lol

6 would have cured the plague from that man's veins.

ezau
03-05-2014, 03:16 AM
6 would have cured the plague from that man's veins.

Magic's AIDS has infected him for way too long. He's gonna die even if he saw 6.

SpurSwag
03-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Game 6 was it to me, when they lost that one I was all out. I watched game 7 with some outside hope but honestly get real to fans who say his miss was the reason they lost. it was game 6 and POP sitting him and the missed FT's and the bounces, that should have been it and Tim showed up to win it all that night and get his 5th but only Kawhi wanted to trip with him to win it! Parker showed up later. If the team shows up they win easily, but Tim and Kawhi showed up all night only.

Interesting, I actually went into game 7 with full confidence we'd win the game. I guess that's why the miss meant so much to me, again when I look back on it that shot is definitely not even close to the reason we lost the game or series, but it just signaled us losing that series to me. Tbh I didn't let game 6 hurt that bad before 7 because it would have been irrelevant had we won game 7. When duncan missed that layup it all came to me tbh

Thread
03-05-2014, 11:42 AM
^SS, standing completely naked before us.

Danka.

Sean Cagney
03-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Interesting, I actually went into game 7 with full confidence we'd win the game. I guess that's why the miss meant so much to me, again when I look back on it that shot is definitely not even close to the reason we lost the game or series, but it just signaled us losing that series to me. Tbh I didn't let game 6 hurt that bad before 7 because it would have been irrelevant had we won game 7. When duncan missed that layup it all came to me tbh

Not me, I mourned and accepted full defeat after game 6 was over and a few days after, game 7 sting was a little but I accepted it.

SpurSwag
03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Not me, I mourned and accepted full defeat after game 6 was over and a few days after, game 7 sting was a little but I accepted it.

Also in terms of deflating shots in that series, Chalmers shot at the end of the 3rd definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves. That absolutely destroyed our momentum and anything positive we had going for us.

Sean Cagney
03-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Also in terms of deflating shots in that series, Chalmers shot at the end of the 3rd definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves. That absolutely destroyed our momentum and anything positive we had going for us.

Yes you are correct, another reason why I hardly miss Neal at all from playing D like he did on that play or the Mike Miller play in that series. That was a huge three.

ezau
07-07-2014, 02:21 AM
Haul your ass in here Arnold Toht and try to defend your thread:lol