PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson LULZ

Vic Petro
03-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Your best season was probably in 2001 with the Spurs because after that you ended up getting a six-year contract worth $48 million with the Portland Trail Blazers, right?
DA: Yeah, I had a great season, great team, great teammates... The general manager at the time was very disrespectful. The coach, teammates were great, the city and the fans were supergreat... I just didn't like the general manager at all.

The GM you're talking about is RC Buford.
DA: Yeah. I think he learned, after I left, that you can't be rude to people and expect them to stay [laughs].

I think that's the very first time I hear some criticism towards Buford. Seems like he's always making the right decisions.
DA: Yeah he does now. But look what he did. He had to learn. They won a championship during the lockout and I came two years later. David Robinson was retiring, Sean Elliott... they were losing the core and they had to start all over again. They had to get people in there. Again, when you have a core team like we had and a coach like [Gregg] Popovich, they would have won against the Lakers every year if you had me. (:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin)

So Popovich wanted you on the team and it was all Buford's fault that you ended up in Portland.
DA: When I was on my way to Portland he called me. He wanted to know had happened and I said '[Buford] is not going to pay me, he's going to give me a little bit.' I was offered a four-year, $28 million contract, and Portland offered me six years for $48 million. Of course they wanted to say that it was me, but I didn't buy into that.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/barrigon/whatever-happened-to-derek-anderson

SpurPadre
03-04-2014, 03:26 PM
If this were a printed article, I'd wipe my ass with it.

Spur|n|Austin
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
:lol what a joke. Salty Ass Anderson

Seventyniner
03-04-2014, 03:37 PM
If Juwan Howard didn't separate Anderson's shoulder, the Spurs would have won...

...maybe one game in that series.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
So, Derek Anderson is basically vindicating RC Buford's decisions as a GM? It's not like the loss of DA buried the Spurs; it would be pretty difficult to argue that the Spurs would have been better off with Anderson than they ended up being without him.

SpursRock20
03-04-2014, 03:46 PM
It could be argued that Ginobili might have never become a Spur if we would have held on to Derek Anderson. For that reason alone, I say we made a good move.

Budkin
03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Nobody was stopping Kobe in 2001. Anderson might have helped a little but no way we win the series.

elbamba
03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Nobody was stopping Kobe in 2001. Anderson might have helped a little but no way we win the series.

At best the Spurs win 1 game in that series. We had no PG that year.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I always hated Juwan Howard for that hit, but he did the franchise a huge solid by ripping that faggot's shoulder off. If Anderson doesn't get injured the Spurs win a game or two in that WCF, the franchise looks like it's in a good place and DA is brought back, and then the team has to let Ginobili walk in 04 or Parker in 05 while getting lit up by every single shooting guard in the league. DA's defense was so horrible; I remember Kobe averaged 38 a game against Anderson that season, and every other shooting guard was dropping at least 20 when the Spurs came to town. DA was a hell of an athlete and had great handles, but what a low percentage chucker he was too. I'm so glad RC sent him crying off to Portland where he was exposed as a nobody.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 04:10 PM
At best the Spurs win 1 game in that series. We had no PG that year.

I think they could have possibly taken that series 6 with Anderson. Kobe abused Daniels the same, but with Anderson the Spurs would have had a guy who could attack the basket and peel Fox off Ferry or Fisher off Porter so that the Spurs could hit some threes. But with no dribble penetration the Lakers' strategy of shutting everyone else down for 3 quarters while letting Tim get his worked to perfection.

jeebus
03-04-2014, 04:14 PM
rolf.

I remember Anderson saying he wanted to go to a team that would win a championship(Portland) instead of being on one that just talked about winning(Spurms). Fuckin Anderson. Where is he now?

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 04:17 PM
rolf.

I remember Anderson saying he wanted to go to a team that would win a championship(Portland) instead of being on one that just talked about winning(Spurms). Fuckin Anderson. Where is he now?

Slangin that coke without the cola I heard

timtonymanu
03-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Too bad this fucker got a free ring with Miami in 06.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I can't blame DA for following the money, but it looks like the Spurs' offer wasn't really insulting considering his career afterwards.

I wish I could find some pics of Anderson modeling his Loyalty Gear leather jackets, but it looks like he paid $24 million to have all traces of them erased from the internet.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I can't blame DA for following the money, but it looks like the Spurs' offer wasn't really insulting considering his career afterwards.

I wish I could find some pics of Anderson modeling his Loyalty Gear leather jackets, but it looks like he paid $24 million to have all traces of them erased from the internet.

Interesting about the dollar figures. I always heard RC offered DA a $42 million contract. I wonder if he did that after DA got the $48 million offer from Portland knowing there was no way Anderson would take $6 million less (I sure wouldn't have), or if this is a case of Anderson being pissed off at an opening bid and not talking about later offers in the interview.

Sean Cagney
03-04-2014, 04:49 PM
It could be argued that Ginobili might have never become a Spur if we would have held on to Derek Anderson. For that reason alone, I say we made a good move.

THIS is the truth. Ginobili was easily better than DA.

NASpurs
03-04-2014, 04:56 PM

:lmao I had forgotten about those pics until now

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 05:11 PM

Damn I wish I could find the pic I sent into his kids coloring contest. I put him in a dress with team name BITCH on the front of the jersey, and then in the text box accompanying the application I wrote about how I was a boy born with no body who could only be third base, and lost the will to fight after he left the Spurs to go to such a faggot team in Portland.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2014, 05:21 PM
I think there's a legitimate argument that if you swap Derek Anderson for Stephen Jackson in 2003, the Spurs are a second round out, no matter how great Duncan was that year. Even if DA had been able to stay healthy for two years -- hardly a given -- there's not much reason to believe that he would have played as well in the 2003 First Round and 2003 WCF as Jackson did.

And without those contributions from Jackson, the Spurs likely don't win a title.

cd98
03-04-2014, 05:30 PM
6 years at 48 million...Portland GM was probably fired after that.

Spur|n|Austin
03-04-2014, 05:30 PM
http://inspirationalbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Derek-Anderson-Stamina.jpg

SpurPadre
03-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Too bad this fucker got a free ring with Miami in 06.

Yeah and many would say the same about Bonner in 07.

Budkin
03-04-2014, 06:40 PM
http://inspirationalbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Derek-Anderson-Stamina.jpg

:lmao "NBA Champion." That's like Scott Hastings or Mark Madsen writing a book about how they won championships.

Aztecfan03
03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Interesting about the dollar figures. I always heard RC offered DA a $42 million contract. I wonder if he did that after DA got the $48 million offer from Portland knowing there was no way Anderson would take $6 million less (I sure wouldn't have), or if this is a case of Anderson being pissed off at an opening bid and not talking about later offers in the interview.

annually 4-28 is 7 mil and 6-42 would have been also. 6-48 is only 1 mil a year more.

DJR210
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Lmao at this faggot. The day after getting swept out of the playoffs, crying on local tv about getting paid. Fucking POS never contributed again. Too bad Juwan Howard didn't end his life with the hard foul that sidelined him during the PO's.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 07:55 PM

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_25456_06.jpg

Russ
03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
The Spurs dodged a bullet by not re-signing DA. He checked out overtly against the Lakers in the 2001 WCF and starting sniping to the press about the team in very unSpurs-like fashion. (Granted he was seriously injured [shoulder separation] and couldn't perform very well in any event.)

The Spurs probably reneged on an unspoken promise to sign him for more than they offered -- DA's immature behavior during that horrific Lakers' sweep just gave the Spurs a convenient excuse to back off.

As far as FA signings that did not happen that ended up actually contributing to the Spurs championship runs, I'd put this one near the top.

Other Spurs FA rejections or "misses" that ended up as huge blessings --- Grant Hill in 2000, Chris Webber in 2001, and Jason Kidd in 2003.

spurs1990
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
IIRC that 2001 summer the Spurs went all-in on acquiring Chris Webber. After he reneged they settled on bringing back DRob and pretty much staying the course for 2002.

That '02 team competed pretty well with LA, having 4th quarter leads in every game. Having Anderson and Steve Kerr may have turned that series around.

Can't really remember what Steve Smith did in 2002. I think Charles Smith contributed as much as Smitty.

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I think there's a legitimate argument that if you swap Derek Anderson for Stephen Jackson in 2003, the Spurs are a second round out, no matter how great Duncan was that year. Even if DA had been able to stay healthy for two years -- hardly a given -- there's not much reason to believe that he would have played as well in the 2003 First Round and 2003 WCF as Jackson did.

And without those contributions from Jackson, the Spurs likely don't win a title.

Jack wasn't that good in the second round that year, though he was incredible in the first. Maybe they're a first round out with Jack swapped for Anderson. :lol

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Lmao at this faggot. The day after getting swept out of the playoffs, crying on local tv about getting paid. Fucking POS never contributed again. Too bad Juwan Howard didn't end his life with the hard foul that sidelined him during the PO's.

Not the day after; the day of. I was watching KNBC's postgame Lakers coverage after game 4 and DA was already talking about money to the LA press too. :lol

15 minutes after the game :lol

I cheered when Shaq landed on that faggot's ankle and basically ended his career a couple of years later on the Blazers. :lol

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Holy shit, it's a real book

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DK8W0F2

DA is the real life Kenny Powers :lol

baseline bum
03-04-2014, 08:15 PM
From an interview with Derek Anderson about his piece of shit book

http://inspirationalbasketball.com/derek-anderson-stamina-book/

I lived a tough life and it helped me to persevere and not give up. God was my guide to keep me fighting forward. Going in to the NBA, I wasn’t that young player spending his money, I was very mature at my age with a son and difficult past. I was able to manage my money. Now, I sometimes consult some of the other NBA players who have money spending issues. My life experiences humbled me indeed and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

LOL DA's inspiration business sense:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215286/Derek-Anderson-Implicated-In-Cocaine-Ring

Derek Anderson, former NBA player with the Cavaliers and Blazers who went to Kentucky, has been implicated in a cocaine ring.

Francois Cunningham made a deal for early release in exchange for his testimony. In interviews with police, Cunningham tells them he was involved in drug buys, two to three kilos of cocaine at a time at $20,000 per kilo.

Louisville Metro Police Detective Denny Butler interviewed Cunningham about Anderson.

Butler: "Was Derek Anderson ever present when you all bought narcotics?"

Cunningham: "Nah, he stays away from you know, he's just the money and he's not going to get around any of it but, that's who funnels the money."

Anderson has never been charged with a crime in this investigation. His name has only come up in statements Cunningham gave police.

Via WAVE3 NBC

TE
03-04-2014, 08:18 PM
This guy is/was such a bitch.

DJR210
03-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Not the day after; the day of. I was watching KNBC's postgame Lakers coverage after game 4 and DA was already talking about money to the LA press too. :lol

15 minutes after the game :lol

I cheered when Shaq landed on that faggot's ankle and basically ended his career a couple of years later on the Blazers. :lol

:lol Even classier. Faggot. Now I think of it, his dunks on Baker and Bradley that year sucked too.

Russ
03-04-2014, 08:41 PM
DA was the perfect combo conman/victim.

His story was too good to be true. The media eats it up until the bitter end. The drug addict mom that DA had to (somehow) support. The tale of redemption from the mean streets of his semi-homeless youth.

It was cleverly designed to appeal to those who want to pat themselves on the back and say "look what's possible in our great land," the shallow, the whites who vote Republican but want to assuage what little guilt or conscience they may have. He tells everyone they're okay -- because he's okay.

I remember one radio interview of DA by Jim Rome. Rome was practically drooling as DA spoon fed him an incredible (almost unbelievable) story about his inspiring, self-congratulating triumph against all the odds. "How has the mainstream media missed on this great story," Rome wondered aloud.

DA was always about DA -- nothing more nor less. A hustler, a conman with enough marketable skill to make it stick.

MaNu4Tres
03-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Had a conversation with him via twitter and he basically said the reason he left was because he was worried about his knee and had to make the best financial decision for him and his family ( which I don't blame him). He actually admitted that his knee was the reason for his decline with the Blazers.

Also said that 01' year with the Spurs was his favorite season in the NBA.

ColinB
03-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Cannot believe he is wearing that ring on the cover of that book. :lol

Beaverfuzz
03-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Best move the Spurs ever made. You stunk after getting injured Anderson and never got back to where you were originally. Go dry hump a couch.

Sean Cagney
03-04-2014, 11:44 PM
This guy is/was such a bitch.

I agree with you fully. Excuse my french BUT FUCK DA.
Had a conversation with him via twitter and he basically said the reason he left was because he was worried about his knee and had to make the best financial decision for him and his family ( which I don't blame him). He actually admitted that his knee was the reason for his decline with the Blazers.

Also said that 01' year with the Spurs was his favorite season in the NBA.
Well if his Knee was that bad then we were not going to beat LA every year with him like he said then would we? I am glad he made the right business decision and we got three time NBA chamption Ginobili at the SG position! What a trade off there.

baseline bum
03-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Best move the Spurs ever made. You stunk after getting injured Anderson and never got back to where you were originally. Go dry hump a couch.

Anderson always sucked. It just goes to show how awful the Spurs backcourt situation became once AJ and Mario got old and Sean got the transplant that getting a 40% chucker like DA was a tremendous improvement.

Mugen
03-05-2014, 12:54 AM
:lol that cover looks like a Bill Bellamy 90s movie tbh

KaiRMD1
03-05-2014, 04:06 AM

When did the ol' sport win a championship?

baseline bum
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
When did the ol' sport win a championship?

You don't remember him leading that comeback from 13 down with 6 minutes left in game 3 vs Dallas? Or when he carried Miami to that overtime win in game 5 when Josh Howard blew Dallas' last timeout.

TMTTRIO
03-06-2014, 11:41 PM
according to some we might as we'll have kept him then even bring Manu over.

210Max
03-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Lol, fuck DA. I was such a big fan of him that one season, I even had his jersey!! I was like 7 years old and I legit cried when my dad told me he left us for Portland, LOL @ the Buford hate. I used to believe we would've beat the Lakers that year with Anderson also, but then I turned 8.