PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: @ Pelicans game thread

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Pau and Anthony Davis dueling. not surprisingly, Tyreke Evans has looked MUCH better since being handed the reigns to the offense.

correction: game is @LA

ElNono
03-04-2014, 11:34 PM
looks like Tyreke finally got out of the elevator...

Pelicans78
03-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Not sure why the Pelicans don't leave Davis exclusively on Gasol. He can easily shut him down.

jimbo
03-04-2014, 11:42 PM
This shit is boring. I switched the channel to watch Friends reruns instead.

spurraider21
03-04-2014, 11:47 PM
This shit is boring. I switched the channel to watch Friends reruns instead.
:tu

i would switch too but i have to support my local team's network so they can afford to pay melo and kirby :cry

fevertrees
03-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Nice lead for the shitty Pelicans to coast on to win finally, but with Monty at the helm the Lakers will probably have a 70 point second half. :lol

Thread
03-04-2014, 11:48 PM
^Please. If we were winning you'd be doing cartwheels naked.

Pelicans78
03-04-2014, 11:55 PM
^Please. If we were winning you'd be doing cartwheels naked.

Definitely. A win is catastrophic for both teams.

ElNono
03-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Pelicans pretending they're choking.... Lakers pretending they want to win this game

fevertrees
03-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Lakers slowly chipping away :lol

Venti Quattro
03-05-2014, 12:24 AM
:lmao Lakers coming back

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Meeks vs Morrow lol

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 12:39 AM
How stupid is Monty. You continue to play another 7 foot guy with Anthony despite the fact you have LA playing one big.

jimbo
03-05-2014, 12:40 AM
^b-but Alexis Ajinca can take advantage of his matchup :lol

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 12:40 AM
I mean, they are winning so I guess it's hard to second guess, but just seems odd.

jimbo
03-05-2014, 12:41 AM
hey, I agree with you. who cares about alexis ajinca?

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 12:44 AM
lol I know you agreed - I was just saying its hard to second guess when he's winning, but I still think it's been stupid. I guess with Wes not making them pay like he did last night means you don't have to adjust (and when your team is flukishly hot)

ElNono
03-05-2014, 12:57 AM
congrats Monty

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 12:59 AM
:lmao running a 3 point play for Bazemore. A career 32% 3 point shooter. I don't care how many he's made today, that's just funny.

spurraider21
03-05-2014, 01:02 AM
:lmao running a 3 point play for Bazemore. A career 32% 3 point shooter. I don't care how many he's made today, that's just funny.
if he didn't hindsight would get us to say

:lmao not feeding the hot hand.

i'll give 'em a pass considering they're trying to tank anyway

Pelicans78
03-05-2014, 01:02 AM
How stupid is Monty. You continue to play another 7 foot guy with Anthony despite the fact you have LA playing one big.

Its embarassing how bad of a coach he really is. Yet he will get a pass due to the injuries and him being a coach on the Olympic team, but he sucks overall.

Thread
03-05-2014, 01:04 AM
The cartwheels have fallen off.

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 01:05 AM
if he didn't hindsight would get us to say

:lmao not feeding the hot hand.

i'll give 'em a pass considering they're trying to tank anyway

No one will ever question a coach doing the right thing and going with your best players/shooters when you need buckets. When you go with questionable talent and bad percentages? It's just a poor decision. If you watched, he was not even the hot hand. He made some 3's early and was not hitting after. Farmar was the hot hand and clearly the better shooter overall.

spurraider21
03-05-2014, 01:06 AM
No one will ever question a coach doing the right thing and going with your best players/shooters when you need buckets. When you go with questionable talent and bad percentages? It's just a poor decision. If you watched, he was not even the hot hand. He made some 3's early and was not hitting after. Farmar was the hot hand and clearly the better shooter overall.
when a play works it becomes "the right thing" and when it fails it becomes "the wrong thing." look at spurfan, calling pop a genius against the Warriors, but not forgiving him to date for 6

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 01:08 AM
when a play works it becomes "the right thing" and when it fails it becomes "the wrong thing." look at spurfan, calling pop a genius against the Warriors, but not forgiving him to date for 6

Well that's not how I think. In some cases, there are different philosophies you can argue. In this case, I don't see any logical argument for that play. It's not just the result. Just like my Monty comment - although he was winning, I don't think he made the right decision.

Thread
03-05-2014, 01:10 AM

Let him ask for forgiveness and they'll grant it. But, it's like they think he thinks they don't know what happened.

spurraider21
03-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Well that's not how I think. In some cases, there are different philosophies you can argue. In this case, I don't see any logical argument for that play. It's not just the result. Just like my Monty comment - although he was winning, I don't think he made the right decision.
Bazemore had been making over 46% of his threes in his stint with the Lakers, and was having yet another good shooting night from outside. I don't think it was a terrible decision. His "career" (its his second year ffs) numbers are low, but the volume is also low. He would basically check into a game in garbage time, play for 5 minutes at a time. Not enough to get representative figures as far as his shooting prowess. He has attempted 35 threes with the Lakers in 7 games, and had attempted 60 in his career prior to that

Thread
03-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Bazemore had been making over 46% of his threes in his stint with the Lakers, and was having yet another good shooting night from outside. I don't think it was a terrible decision. His "career" (its his second year ffs) numbers are low, but the volume is also low. He would basically check into a game in garbage time, play for 5 minutes at a time. Not enough to get representative figures as far as his shooting prowess. He has attempted 35 threes with the Lakers in 7 games, and had attempted 60 in his career prior to that

That young booty hole be gettin' tight though next season when the Black Curtain is watching cross court.

tee, hee.

DPG21920
03-05-2014, 09:09 AM

So what you are saying is in a small sample size, Bazemore isn't a good 3 point shooter and that Farmar has a lot bigger sample size, is clearly the better shooter and had the hot hand?

spurraider21
03-05-2014, 01:02 PM
So what you are saying is in a small sample size, Bazemore isn't a good 3 point shooter and that Farmar has a lot bigger sample size, is clearly the better shooter and had the hot hand?
Didn't call anybody the "clearly better shooter." I dot even think I mentioned farmar in my post. Just explaining why going to Bazemore wasn't some horrid decision. Both Bazemore and Farmar missed a three pointer in the final minute.